• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

Cknoblet

Cknoblet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
That's a great post Softlake so I'll copy you and post my results as well. I didn't know about Pacifist, so I didn't use it for anything listed here. It sounds like it might have made my life easier.

• Partitioned the drive as MBR and prepped my install disk using info from myHack's OSInstall MBR MOD http://osx86.sojugarden.com/downloads/
  • Initally booted using EFI CD info from this thread, then installed from Retail 10.6.3 disk image with MBR hack from USB stick.
  • Needed to use the kernel from EFI disk preboot.dmg to get the system booting with Chameleon. I was getting a Kernel Panic until I started using this hacked kernel.
  • Installed MBP update using info from this thread, which updated my kernel to something legit.
  • Upgraded to 10.6.4 with no problems.
  • Installed the latest Graphics update with no problems.
  • Graphics hardware seems to be recognized and working properly. 1366x768 native resolution in use.
  • Text looks kind of crappy on this display, I think the G60JX native resolution is just too low. (can be improved with strong text smoothing from TinkerTool)
  • HDMI out Video works!
  • HDMI out Audio doesn't work, but this doesn't work on real Macs either.
  • VGA out works!
  • Keyboard/Trackpad works (trackpad is jumpy but useable) using meklorts 32 bit ps2 driver (and arch=i386) info from this thread. Update: Now using VoodooPS2 in 64 bit mode WITHOUT the arch=i386. I think 32 bit PS2 was preventing proper wake from sleep.
  • Ethernet works great using the driver info from this thread.
  • $9 eBay replacement Wifi card works as a native Airport card. No kexts required. Broadcom BCM94311MCGHP1 Mini PCIe Wireless card is the one I'm currently using.
  • Wifi kill switch does work, but requires a reboot. It's best to leave the switch ON and turn off the Airport via software.
  • Audio works with VoodooHDA information from this thread, though the microphone isn't perfect because you can hear yourself talking.
  • Audio settings load up on startup using the voodoohelper info from this thread. But the mic is open during bootup and speakers are turned up all the way, so you can hear ambient sounds echoed until the system gets fully loaded.
  • Webcam works natively. And has full fluid framerate and resolution in iChat. Framerate sucks in Photobooth and Skype.
  • The FN key isn't recognized by OSX.
  • Volume hotkeys work with the help of a free program called Proxi. I mapped them to f10, f11, f12 (FN button not required.)
  • Keyboard backlight and LCD backlight hotkeys work natively since they are hardware based.
  • USB devices work fine, Iphone syncs with Itunes, USB mouse working, USB bluetooth nub working.
  • System clock was running too fast until I upgraded to a beta of the latest Chameleon loader RC5.
  • CPU was idleing at 50c until I started using RC5 Chameleon (fixes for CPU C/P states). Now idles at 35-36c.
  • Shutdown and Sleep work! using oSxFr33k's DSDT file.
  • Power saving features work, the hard drive stops spinning, the display does turn off, the CPU reduces power.
  • I was able to do all of the DSDT hacks listed in this thread. Though I'm not sure what some of them do.
  • Time Machine doesn't work for me because I don't have a USB harddrive. I used Carbon Copy Cloner instead and it works fine.
  • Card reader does not work.
  • System Profiler is more or less correct about all the hardware.
  • Dual booting to Windows 7 works fine using Chameleon. (hint, set your OSX partition active with Windows, not OSX)
  • Hibernation in Windows 7 works perfectly using the information from this thread (detailed in one of my posts).

I installed OSX first, then Chameleon as the bootloader, then Windows 7. My system is very stable, runs all day and night, starts up and shuts down just fine. In trying to keep my system clean, I've managed to only use a handful of kexts:

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext
AtherosL1cEthernet.kext
FakeSMC.kext
VoodooBattery.kext
VoodooHDA.kext

I also DID NOT have to remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext with all of my updates as they are. Nor am I using NullCPUPowerManagment.kext.

Not Working at All:
HDMI out Audio.
FN key.
Card Reader.

Works but not perfect:
Sleep. (Led's flash and USB ports are still powered, but it sleeps and wakes)
Built in Mic.
Trackpad.

Unconfirmed working:
SPDIF Out (though Quaestor mentioned it works for him)
Mic/Line in.
Firewire.

Thanks again Quaestor, you made all of this possible!

*EDIT 9/5/2010: Webcam was listed as "Works but not perfect" due to a low framerate. Well it turns out that low framerate is only present in Photo Booth and Skype. The framerate is perfectly fine in iChat. Also added the name and model number of the wifi card I'm using.

*EDIT 9/6/2010: HDMI Audio out not working is by design. Apparently real Macs don't do this yet, or only the latest greatest ones do, so don't expect it. HDMI/VGA video out does work in mirrored mode instead of just secondary screen. This is a software setting that can be changed from the display settings prefpane. oSxFr33k is very close to a DSDT sleep solution! I'm testing this now.

*EDIT 9/7/2010: Setting Font Smoothing to "Strong" using TinkerTool, I am must happier with the look of the text. It is bolder text now, but looks much less crappy.

*EDIT 9/10/2010: Deep Sleep (hibernate) is most definitely working when using oSxFr33k's DSDT file from the g51jx thread! There are side effects such as USB's not being powered down, and the lid/sleep light flashing. There is a 1% per hour drain on the battery (where there should be basically none). So it's not perfect. Also waking has created some issues such as sound not working properly. I think Sleepwatcher will fix those issues though. Also, I recently had to reinstall completely due to a partition mishap, and now the CPU is idling at a much cooler 35c. I think this might be due to the latest Chameleon rc5 411 build bootloader setting proper cStates with GenerateCStates=Yes key/string.

gravicle

gravicle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Hey

I've been attempting this on my so new ASUS G51Jx-X3. I've had done this before with two of my deskops and pretty much know my way around the OSx86 stuff. But this time its really getting me on nerves.

I pop in the Empire-EFI CD, it boots fine. Insert the Snow-Leo Disk (Burned on a Dual Layer Verbatim form a retail disk image on a REAL mac). But it just flashes some code and very quickly reeboots. When I tried "cpus=1" and "busratio=20" flags, I go a KP : Unable to find driver for this platform: "ACPI"

Same with Rebel-EFI. I also have a mac installation on an external USB drive but it won't boot from it. It halts at a screen with a slash(\) over an uderscore.

Please help.

Cknoblet

Cknoblet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

I pop in the Empire-EFI CD, it boots fine. Insert the Snow-Leo Disk (Burned on a Dual Layer Verbatim form a retail disk image on a REAL mac). But it just flashes some code and very quickly reeboots. When I tried "cpus=1" and "busratio=20" flags, I go a KP : Unable to find driver for this platform: "ACPI"

Are you certain you're using the EmpireEFI_V1085_R2_AMD_Inteli3i5m.zip version of the bootdisk? I would start there. Also, the Retail image I used is called 10.6.3 hotISO. I burned it on a Verbatim disk on a PC.

I booted up with EFI, swapped in the install disk, wait a few seconds, hit F5. Then choose the Mac install Disk that pops up.

Once I loaded up into the first part of the install, I copied the disk image to a USB stick so I could use the MBR hack.

After that I rebooted, started up with EFI again, and installed from the USB stick.

You're not even getting that far, so thats not good. I have seen that same message before and I think turning USB mode to legacy or whatever the opposite is in BIOS might have fixed that. We don't have many options to play with in BIOS, so change what you can and see if it works.

Keep us informed.

gravicle

gravicle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Thanks for the prompt reply.

I used the worng Empire-EFI. It was an older one. With the new Empire-EFI, it boots(verbose), loads all kexts. While loading I get a couple of EBIOS errors, which I think are errors on disk, I don't know how its the case tho.

BUT, the fabled ACPI error pops again. This time I get a table

ACPI table not found: DSDT.aml
ACPI Table not found : DSDT.dsl.....
and so on

What's causing this?

AND, how did you burn a .dmg on a PC? I have googled but get stuff asking to decompress it. How did you do it?

Cknoblet

Cknoblet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

ACPI table not found: DSDT.aml
ACPI Table not found : DSDT.dsl.....
and so on

What's causing this?

AND, how did you burn a .dmg on a PC? I have googled but get stuff asking to decompress it. How did you do it?

I get that ACPI Table error with the bootdisk as well, but it doesn't stop me from installing. I think that's a warning more than an error.

As far as burning a dmg, I found one program that can do it, it's called PowerISO. You can burn a disk without registering the program, so give that a try. I made several coasters till I found PowerISO.

gravicle

gravicle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
In my case, after the ACPI error, the system immediately reboots.

I ordered 3 Verbatim DL. And used 2 already for Snow Leo. Really dunno how to go ahead with the 3rd.
Also why can't I boot from my external USB Drive? It has mac on it that I customised according to the G51jx with all the kexts and DSDT. It doesn't even go to chameleon. Stops at that \ over underscore.

gravicle

gravicle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

I get that ACPI Table error with the bootdisk as well, but it doesn't stop me from installing. I think that's a warning more than an error.

As far as burning a dmg, I found one program that can do it, it's called PowerISO. You can burn a disk without registering the program, so give that a try. I made several coasters till I found PowerISO.

I just used the last DL DVD to make a Snow Leo disk using PowerISO. Still the same condition. The system reboots after the ACPI Table error. I have also disabled the LegacyUSB support.

Please help.

Cknoblet

Cknoblet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

I just used the last DL DVD to make a Snow Leo disk using PowerISO. Still the same condition. The system reboots after the ACPI Table error. I have also disabled the LegacyUSB support.

Please help.

I'm using the Asus 206 BIOS.

Asus Fancystart: Disabled
Legacy USB Support: Disabled
Quiet Boot: Disabled
PXE Boot: Disabled

I don't set the DVD drive to be the default boot device, instead I hit ESC during POST and I'm presented with a menu to choose the boot device. There I choose the DVD drive.

Sometimes it boots from the DVD, sometimes it just blinks, so I CTRL-ALT-DEL and hit ESC again during POST. Usually it boots the 2nd time, but only if the DVD drive is still spinning.

Let me know if any of this helps. I'm going to try to boot up with my discs and see if I can cause the error you're getting.

gravicle

gravicle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

I'm using the Asus 206 BIOS.

Asus Fancystart: Disabled
Legacy USB Support: Disabled
Quiet Boot: Disabled
PXE Boot: Disabled

I don't set the DVD drive to be the default boot device, instead I hit ESC during POST and I'm presented with a menu to choose the boot device. There I choose the DVD drive.

Sometimes it boots from the DVD, sometimes it just blinks, so I CTRL-ALT-DEL and hit ESC again during POST. Usually it boots the 2nd time, but only if the DVD drive is still spinning.

Let me know if any of this helps. I'm going to try to boot up with my discs and see if I can cause the error you're getting.

I downgraded my BIOS version from 208 to 206 and set up the BIOS with all the four parameters disabled. Now it gets past the ACPI table error to:
Leaving the ACPI data untouched
Loading Darwin x86
Press any key to continue....

The moment I press any key it reboots.

Can some other kernel flag help? I've tried -v, -f, -x, cpus=1, busratio=20, in various combinations. All end up the same way: REBOOT.

Cknoblet

Cknoblet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

I downgraded my BIOS version from 208 to 206 and set up the BIOS with all the four parameters disabled. Now it gets past the ACPI table error to:
Leaving the ACPI data untouched
Loading Darwin x86
Press any key to continue....

The moment I press any key it reboots.

Can some other kernel flag help? I've tried -v, -f, -x, cpus=1, busratio=20, in various combinations. All end up the same way: REBOOT.

I never had to add cpus=1, and if you have an i5-430, your busratio should be set to 17.

When I added command line stuff, I always put it last, directly after the -v. I'm not sure if that matters. I also wanted to mention that my system failed at "press any key" plenty of times where it would KP, or just do nothing after pressing the key. I felt that hitting TAB at the bootmenu and doing things from the text view was more stable for some reason, so give that a try. Might want to try arch=i386 as well, maybe a 32/64 bit driver conflict is happening.

softlake

softlake

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Cknoblet:

i know is like getting off-topic.

But i got a doubt there.

You installed osx, then win7, but you kept chameleon as bootloader ? how did you do it ?

Cause after i reinstalled win7, Win made its partition the active one. I tried using EasyBCD, but when i boot using it, i get the boring 1024*800 desktop

Thanks in advance.

BTW, i discovered that its dangerous to use pacifist to "downgrade" (used it to put the MacBookPro 1.3 Software over my 10.6.4, and it screwed everything thinking that the graphics trouble would disappear with the MacBookPro update nvidia kext), lucky me had done a Time Machine Backup hours before.

Cknoblet

Cknoblet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

You installed osx, then win7, but you kept chameleon as bootloader ? how did you do it ?

After you install Win7, Windows replaces Chameleon as your bootloader.

So what you have to do is boot into Windows and use Diskpart to set the OSX partition as your Active partition. BE VERY CAREFUL because Diskpart can nuke your OSX partition if you do the wrong thing. Read up on using Diskpart before you go hacking around.

After setting the OSX partition to active, you'll need to use the EFI boot disk to boot your installed OSX. So boot to the EFI menu, then choose to start your installed OSX from there. Once OSX is running, MANUALLY reinstall Chameleon, skipping the part where you set your OSX partition to be active, because you already set it active in Windows.

The difference here is that setting active in OSX will kill the Windows boot stuff, whereas setting active from Windows causes considerations to be made that you're probably dual booting. So Microsoft actually did something right.

This might sound confusing and complex, and it is. It's not that easy to do, and there's a lot of misinformation out there on how to dual boot with Chameleon as the loader. It can be done though, and the key to it all for me was to set active from Windows instead of OSX.

gravicle

gravicle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Hey I've got snow leopard working pretty well, except a few glitches tho. One thing that is uber essential to me is the WiFi. I read about you guys using a replacement card. Can you please tell what specific networking card is it? Is there any option for a b/g/n card?

Edit-
I found a lot of cards on eBay. Here> http://shop.ebay.com...d=p3286.c0.m301
There are some 802.11n cards as well. Will they work? Will the BIOS recognize the card?

Cknoblet

Cknoblet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

I found a lot of cards on eBay. Here> http://shop.ebay.com...d=p3286.c0.m301
There are some 802.11n cards as well. Will they work? Will the BIOS recognize the card?

The Broadcom BCM94311MCGHP1 Mini PCIe Wireless card from seller WonderCity3 is the one I purchased. It's used, but only $12 with shipping, works natively in Windows and OSX. It will show up as a legit Airport in OSX so you don't need to install a kext or hack anything to make it work.

It is a full height card, so it can't be screwed down, but like the first post says, you can easily tape it flat with a single piece of electrical tape. Plus once you put the back cover on the laptop, the card will be solidly mounted.

The other detriment is that that card isn't wireless N. I have a wireless B/G/N router, and even with the original N card in and functioning, there was no noticeable different in the speed of transferring large files, than with this new card on wireless G. I even put the computer on top of my router to reduce interference and signal loss. Wireless N is a scam. You won't notice any difference in web speeds using Wireless G. And if you're gonna transfer large files, you're probably going to hook up ethernet, just like I do.

My next project is to solder a usb hub inside the laptop so I can have my wireless nub, and bluetooth nub mounted internally. That will free up all my external USB ports!

scushkadee

scushkadee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
just ordered a laptop to do this hopin for the best!

Ocha888

Ocha888

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
@quaestor

do you still want files from me? sorry I saw it late. right now i have everything working in 64bit mode that worked in 32bit. I am not ussing arch=i386 flag. pm or email me if you want me to respond fast. I dont show up on forums very frequently. Here is my console output:
9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	npvhash=4095
 9/11/10 1:04:32 AM	diskarbitrationd[12]	SCDynamicStoreCreate[WithOptions] configopen(): Unknown service name
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	Darwin Kernel Version 10.4.0: Fri Apr 23 18:27:12 PDT 2010; root:xnu-1504.7.4~1/RELEASE_X86_64
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	vm_page_bootstrap: 930275 free pages and 85533 wired pages
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	kext submap [0xffffff7f80600000 - 0xffffff8000000000], kernel text [0xffffff8000200000 - 0xffffff8000600000]
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	standard timeslicing quantum is 10000 us
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	mig_table_max_displ = 73
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=1 LocalApicId=0 Enabled
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=2 LocalApicId=4 Enabled
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=3 LocalApicId=1 Enabled
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=4 LocalApicId=5 Enabled
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=5 LocalApicId=4 Disabled
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=6 LocalApicId=5 Disabled
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=7 LocalApicId=6 Disabled
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=8 LocalApicId=7 Disabled
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	calling mpo_policy_init for Quarantine
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	Security policy loaded: Quarantine policy (Quarantine)
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	calling mpo_policy_init for Sandbox
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	Security policy loaded: Seatbelt sandbox policy (Sandbox)
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	calling mpo_policy_init for TMSafetyNet
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	Security policy loaded: Safety net for Time Machine (TMSafetyNet)
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	Copyright (c) 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	MAC Framework successfully initialized
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	ACPI: System State [S0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	VoodooBattery.kext: VoodooBattery.kext 1.2.11 (Release) Sep  5 2009 00:31:34 [1060]
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	VoodooBattery.kext: Snow Leopard Pre-release (C) 2009 Superhai, All Rights Reserved
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	FakeSMC: Opensource SMC device emulator by netkas (C) 2009
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	FakeSMC: Monitoring plugins support by mozodojo (C) 2010
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	FakeSMC: Original idea of plugins and code sample by usr-sse2 (C) 2010
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	FireWire runtime power conservation disabled. (2)
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	FireWire (OHCI) VendorID 1180 ID e832 PCI now active, GUID 001e8c0000c87bdd; max speed s400.
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	mbinit: done (64 MB memory set for mbuf pool)
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	From path: "uuid", 
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	Waiting for boot volume with UUID F6CA0E6B-8D3C-369D-970A-FC0E40104B7A
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib kmod start
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib load succeeded
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IDE0@1F,2/AppleIntel5SeriesAHCI/CHN0@0/IOAHCIDevice@0/AppleAHCIDiskDriver/IOAHCIBlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/ST9500420AS Media/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	BSD root: disk0s1, major 14, minor 1
 9/11/10 1:04:59 AM	kernel	Kernel is LP64
 9/11/10 1:04:56 AM	com.apple.launchd[1]	*** launchd[1] has started up. ***
 9/11/10 1:05:00 AM	kernel	systemShutdown false
 9/11/10 1:05:00 AM	configd[13]	setting hostname to "*********.local"
 9/11/10 1:05:00 AM	configd[13]	network configuration changed.
 9/11/10 1:05:04 AM	com.apple.SecurityServer[37]	Session 0x5fbff962 created
 9/11/10 1:05:04 AM	com.apple.SecurityServer[37]	Entering service
 9/11/10 1:05:07 AM	mDNSResponder[41]	mDNSResponder mDNSResponder-214.3.2 (May 14 2010 15:29:49) starting
 9/11/10 1:05:07 AM	bootlog[53]	BOOT_TIME: 1284185096 0
 9/11/10 1:05:07 AM	com.apple.usbmuxd[34]	usbmuxd-201 built for iTunesTen on Aug 12 2010 at 17:33:03, running 64 bit
 9/11/10 1:05:08 AM	kernel	** AppleSMBusPCI::start failed to get acpi path for provider
 9/11/10 1:05:08 AM	blued[54]	Apple Bluetooth daemon started
 9/11/10 1:05:08 AM	kernel	Waiting for DSMOS...
 9/11/10 1:05:08 AM	configd[13]	network configuration changed.
 9/11/10 1:05:08 AM	configd[13]	network configuration changed.
 9/11/10 1:05:10 AM	kernel	NVDANV50HAL loaded and registered.
 9/11/10 1:05:10 AM	kernel	VoodooPS2SynapticsTouchPad loaded
 9/11/10 1:05:10 AM	/System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loginwindow[42]	Login Window Application Started
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	VoodooPS2Trackpad: Synaptics TouchPad v7.0
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	wl0: Broadcom BCM432b 802.11 Wireless Controller
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	5.10.91.27
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff8046cbf000]::init
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	Enabling input audio routing switching at node 24:
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	Enabling input audio routing switching at node 26:
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	Enabling output audio routing switching at node 33:
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	Pin sense: cad 0 nid=24 res=0
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	switch nid 11 conn 0 off
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	mute nid 11 conn 0 off
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	switch nid 11 conn 1 on
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	mute nid 11 conn 1 on
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	switch nid 11 conn 2 on
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	mute nid 11 conn 2 off
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	switch nid 35 conn 0 off
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	mute nid 35 conn 0 off
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	switch nid 35 conn 1 on
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	mute nid 35 conn 1 on
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	switch nid 35 conn 2 on
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	mute nid 35 conn 2 off
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	switch nid 35 conn 8 off
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	mute nid 35 conn 8 on
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	setDesc  change description Microphone (CD) channel 2 assoc 2
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	Pin sense: cad 0 nid=26 res=0
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	switch nid 11 conn 0 on
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	mute nid 11 conn 0 off
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	switch nid 11 conn 1 on
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	mute nid 11 conn 1 on
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	switch nid 11 conn 2 off
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	mute nid 11 conn 2 off
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	switch nid 35 conn 0 on
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	mute nid 35 conn 0 off
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	switch nid 35 conn 1 on
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	mute nid 35 conn 1 on
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	switch nid 35 conn 2 off
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	mute nid 35 conn 2 off
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	switch nid 35 conn 8 off
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	mute nid 35 conn 8 on
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	setDesc  change description Microphone (CD) channel 2 assoc 2
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	Pin sense: cad 0 nid=33 res=0
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	setDesc  change description Speaker (CD) channel 0 assoc 0
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	Sound assertion "!fProvider->open ( this )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-187.4.1/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 299 goto Exit
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	Sound assertion "!fProvider->open ( this )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-187.4.1/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 299 goto Exit
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	DSMOS has arrived
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	AtherosL1cEthernet: Ethernet address e0:cb:4e:f6:94:b1
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	AirPort_Brcm43xx: Ethernet address 78:e4:00:ca:cd:1a
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	IO80211Controller::dataLinkLayerAttachComplete():  adding AppleEFINVRAM notification
 9/11/10 1:05:11 AM	kernel	IO80211Interface::efiNVRAMPublished():  
 9/11/10 1:05:15 AM	com.apple.kextd[10]	Can't load /System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/InternalModemSupport.kext - no code for running kernel's architecture.
 9/11/10 1:05:15 AM	com.apple.kextd[10]	Failed to load /System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/InternalModemSupport.kext - (libkern/kext) requested architecture/executable not found.
 9/11/10 1:05:15 AM	com.apple.kextd[10]	Load com.apple.driver.InternalModemSupport failed; removing personalities.
 9/11/10 1:05:16 AM	kernel	AirPort: Link Down on en0. Reason 1 (Unspecified).
 9/11/10 1:05:16 AM	kernel	ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
 9/11/10 1:05:16 AM	kernel	Auth result for: 00:16:b6:17:db:94 MAC AUTH succeeded
 9/11/10 1:05:16 AM	kernel	AirPort: Link Up on en0
 9/11/10 1:05:16 AM	fseventsd[46]	could not open <</Volumes/WINDOWS/.fseventsd/fseventsd-uuid>> (No such file or directory)
 9/11/10 1:05:16 AM	fseventsd[46]	log dir: /Volumes/WINDOWS/.fseventsd getting new uuid: 51DFD9FD-B266-42C4-A29F-89328A1CDAFB
 9/11/10 1:05:16 AM	fseventsd[46]	could not open <</Volumes/LINUX/.fseventsd/fseventsd-uuid>> (No such file or directory)
 9/11/10 1:05:16 AM	fseventsd[46]	log dir: /Volumes/LINUX/.fseventsd getting new uuid: 9FA2AC36-5078-468E-8A5A-FA5D2A7A42E1
 9/11/10 1:05:16 AM	fseventsd[46]	could not open <</Volumes/DATA/.fseventsd/fseventsd-uuid>> (No such file or directory)
 9/11/10 1:05:16 AM	fseventsd[46]	log dir: /Volumes/DATA/.fseventsd getting new uuid: E9035B4B-8873-40E4-97AF-1C072C0662F6
 9/11/10 1:05:17 AM	configd[13]	network configuration changed.
 9/11/10 1:05:18 AM	com.apple.SecurityServer[37]	Session 0x230a3f created
 9/11/10 1:05:18 AM	com.apple.SecurityServer[37]	Session 0x230a3f attributes 0x30
 9/11/10 1:05:18 AM	com.apple.launchctl.LoginWindow[86]	launchctl: Dubious permissions on file (skipping): /Library/LaunchAgents/org.voodoo.driver.voodoohdahelper.plist
 9/11/10 1:05:18 AM	com.apple.launchctl.LoginWindow[86]	launchctl: Dubious ownership on file (skipping): /Library/LaunchAgents/VoodooHDAConfigLoader.app
 9/11/10 1:05:18 AM	loginwindow[42]	Login Window Started Security Agent

Edited by Ocha888, 08 September 2010 - 09:17 PM.

iTailsFly

iTailsFly

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
This is an awesome tutorial. My friend was looking for a hackintosh distro for the same laptop. I'll be able to help him out now without having to scratch my head :(

softlake

softlake

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

After you install Win7, Windows replaces Chameleon as your bootloader. ...

Wow... ill try to follow the post... hope i have the guts, now that everything is working darn.. but at 1024 * 768.. darn Easybcd i love it and hate it

...It is a full height card, so it can't be screwed down, but like the first post says, you can easily tape it flat with a single piece of electrical tape. Plus once you put the back cover on the laptop, the card will be solidly mounted...

IMHO i'd avoid using electrical tape for that task.

I use "masking tape" instead. It wont get woobly once it gets hot.

My five cents...

fragment137

fragment137

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Hello,

I found this tutorial through another one that I was following that's a little more tailored to my specific system (ASUS G51Jx-A1). I had Mac OS X 10.6 installed on the system and was trying to configure the boot, but I can't seem to get it working. Every time I would try to boot, I would get the Mac OS loading screen, and then my computer would just reboot. If I left it it would continuously do this. I tried booting with the "GraphicsEnabler=No" flag, but it didn't seem to make any difference at all.

I tried to add "GraphicsEnabler" and "system-type" to com.apple.Boot.plist but I'm not sure I did it properally. I also added MacBookPro6,1 to the smbios.plist and again, I'm not sure I did it right.

Now, even when I try to boot into OS X through my Nawcom bootcd, it returns with a kernel panic.

I'm going to start from the beginning again, but I'm still a little confused about what happened when I tried to boot initially and the system kept rebooting. Are there any tips any of you could give me?

EDIT: I repaired the kernel panic and am now back where I started: Unable to successfully boot into OS X without the disc. when I tried to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No -x -v -f I got the followed at the end of the code right before "Press any key...."

Failed to read boot sector from BIOS device 100h. Error=1
No SMBIOS replacement found.
Patched DMI Table.
Loaded HFS+ file: [DSDT.aml] 63209 bytes from 4239800.
Starting Darwin x86
Press any key to continue...

When I hit any key, nothing... just reboots right away.

I'm very frustrated, and I would like to get this working... what am I doing wrong?

gravicle

gravicle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
i got the installation all right and its working great.

Lately I've been plagued with Kernel Panics, occurring after random uptimes. Somethimes i would run all night, sometims panic just after boot. Here is the log:
Panic (cpu 1 caller 0x555b3f): “getPhysicalSegment() out of 32b range 0x132521000, len 0x7d0, class IOBufferMemoryDescriptor “@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.7.4/iokit/Kernel/IO

MemoryDescriptor.cpp:1597
Debugger called: <panic>
Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : Return Address (4 potential args on stack)
0x5531bdd8 : 0x21b455 (0x5cf328 0x5531be0c 0x2238b1 0x0)
0x5531be28 : 0x555b3f (0x5d8854 0x32521000 0x1 0x7d0)
0x5531be78 : 0x5b66c0e7 (0x816d680 0x0 0x5531beac 0x10a75d7f)
5 more similar addresses…

Kernel Extensions in backtrace (with dependencies):
ru.Applelife.AtherosL1cEthernet(1.01b9)@0x5b668000->0x5b66eff
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily(1.9)@0x5b682000
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.6)@0x5511e000
BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task

This isn't exactly from my system, but I copied it off someone experiencing similar problems.
I tried removing the IONetworkingFamily.kext, but it disables the internet.

How do i fix this one? Its really getting very frequent!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy