• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

Extremador

Extremador

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Data sent to servers. User Dellmantt told me to post here because I apparently do not have the kexts for my IDE controller, so I can't use my IDE hard drives at all.

Thanks!

Dellmantt

Dellmantt

STILL LEARNING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Data sent to servers. User Dellmantt told me to post here because I apparently do not have the kexts for my IDE controller, so I can't use my IDE hard drives at all.

Thanks!

You misunderstood. I meant, post the output in the thread where we are discussing your problem.

el coniglio

el coniglio

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
All versions (mac and win/lin) were updated.

- Mac version now has the "check compatibility" feature
- pci ids (http://pciids.sourceforge.net) list was updated
- A bug that was preventing the icon from being updated was fixed
- General parsing fixes for cases where vendor and device were misplaced

The web browsing interface (olaria.com/kexts) for transmitted data was updated too, now it support Lion.

Fiox89

Fiox89

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 4,518 posts
  • Interests:Informatica, Motori...e Donne! :D
Nice work el coniglio

KariNeko

KariNeko

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Data sent. :wacko:

mohdumar

mohdumar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
how do you link devices to its related kext, assuming having info through kextstat ?

thay

thay

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
thx :-)

nice app

info sent

Does it show all kext files I really need in Lion? My Idea is to delete unnecessary kext Files and just keep the one I realy need in s/l/e

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,857 posts

how do you link devices to its related kext, assuming having info through kextstat ?

Does it show all kext files I really need in Lion? My Idea is to delete unnecessary kext Files and just keep the one I realy need in s/l/e

It doesn't list all kexts in use, just the ones related to a device in ioreg (not from kextstat).

dj_kwest

dj_kwest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Regarding compatibility; What's the difference between smiley face and green check mark?
I ASSUME green check mark = tested and verified, and smiley face = SHOULD work but not sure?
I don't need a description for frownie :P Even though I got ONE.

Here's what may very well be a blue sky request;

Wouldn't it be nice, if when checking for compatibility, it checked your database and reported back the related kexts a user would need to enable during hackintosh install? Even to go so far as to recommend which osx86 image to use for the maximum chance of success?

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,857 posts
Hi,

I added the icons description in first post.

Icon meaning:

• Posted Image - device was reported as working;
  • Posted Image - device was not reported, but devices in this class are not usually reported;
  • Posted Image - device was not reported, and devices in this class are usually reported.

I will talk to el coniglio about your suggestions. The first one is possible, I already asked him about it previously. The second one doesn't make much sense to me, but let's see.

Rafterman

Rafterman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Data sent.

I noticed in a reply here you said that the id's were inverted, does this mean the device id was where the vendor id should be and vica versa. The reason I ask is I am trying to add my device id+vendor id to the info.plist in VooDooHDA.kext. For my audio codec(MCP55 HD Multimedia Cntrller) it's: VenID_10de, Dev_ID_0371 which makes my entry 037110de which looks nothing like the example shown in the thread to do this, oldnapalm's entry starts 0x and is 0x3b568086.

dj_kwest

dj_kwest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Many thanks! I guess I was expecting to see an icon key in the program itself. My bad ;)

Allow me to elaborate on my second request:

It is my understanding that each ISO has a slew of kexts that differ from build to build, so naturally I thought it would be helpful to list which build would be best suited for any given report based on that user's machine.
This would be particularly helpful for the noobs. In fact, this almost feels like a step towards "download all related kexts and make a custom injector" app.

Thanks again for the response, I really appreciate it!

pippox0

pippox0

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
Thanx !
Very useful ;)

Next step is upload all kexts to be ready for a later download ...

Also a custom injector app should be fine ...

Pippox0

G40

G40

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks - very useful app. Just sent in a VM report for 8.01. Now to try and see why the Dell 10V running 10.8.6 will not discover USB devices ...

greatestPharaoh

greatestPharaoh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
awesome - thanks!

ssuuki9

ssuuki9

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Hi i just ran this program on the notebook and got the output. Two of the three memory controllers have sad faces - is that ok?
Attached File  system info.jpg   136.2KB   66 downloads

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,857 posts
Hi,

there's a pci.ids.txt file inside System Info.app/Contents/Resources/Java/Kexts.jar, you can update it from http://pciids.sourceforge.net/

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,139 posts
Would have been "Nice" if the app could have updated itself.
New Version??

JUN Ho

JUN Ho

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Data sent. Nice Idea !!

paulwratt

paulwratt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
anyone else having issues with windows version on XP export creates a 0 length file - gotta get a FAT partition up before I can run OSX version - will check Linux version later tonight..

maybe someone can patch/fix the download to check for ./pcilist.txt (or whatever it is called) else load from .jar - that would save having to update .zip and/or .jar indefinitely

cheers for the app btw - still useful

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)
© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy