255 replies to this topic

Dr. C

Dr. C

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Hey Buche,

thanks again for your help. Here is my second try - the same result, nothing went bad, but no success either. I`ve included the original ROM, just in case I did it wrong again :rolleyes:

Thanks for looking into it,
Dr. C

Attached Files

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,858 posts
Check this, guys

http://forum.voodoop...pic,1227.0.html

twilight.lee

twilight.lee

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
It is working on ATI&NVIDIA Integrated Graphics Cards ?

lebidou

lebidou

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

It is working on ATI&NVIDIA Integrated Graphics Cards ?

It hasn't been tested on those kind of systems. It has been tested on my ATI Mobility X1900 (MXM, not integrated), and on Desktop NVidia 9800GTX+ (working), 8800GTS (didn't work) and 7300GT (VGA seems ok, DVI not).
Pre ATOMBIOS ATI cards won't work (ie. pre X1000 series).

There are 3 conditions for it to work:
-Have an Intel Chipset that doesn't belong to the 5 series (you can know that with lspci)
-The vbios must be located at address 0xC0000 (it usually is)
-The bios must return an EDID to get native resolution (and have native resolution in it)

So please test and report indicating you graphics model and chipset.
Thank you for testing.

shishank

shishank

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi DieBuche

Can you patch my BIOS

My card is nVidia 9800GT

My Display Res is 1920*1080

Attached Files

GLXOZ

GLXOZ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Only one question - can help me reflash edited BIOS if I do not use a chameleon?

-CEOS-

-CEOS-

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
Cna you please patch this BIOS file: http://www.mvktech.n...9c6870ac8fbb0a/

my resolution is 1920x1080
thank you for your work :P

twilight.lee

twilight.lee

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
I am a little confused. Is this method can make some no-driver video card display on a proper resolution when enter GUI of MacOSX?

Or it's only make GUI of chameleon display on a proper resolution?

For example: I have a Epox EP-MGF6100-M mainbord , there is nVidia Integrated Graphics chip on it, When I enter GUI of macOSX , it's only one display mode : 1024x768 , no QE , no CI.

Can I use this method set display mode to 1440x900 in GUI of MacOSX?

phr0z

phr0z

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Im a bit confused too.

My Benq 2411HD doesn't display Chameleon in fullscreen so Im guessing it has something to do with that EDID bug and that it doesn't get it's native or proper resolution in VESA.

Native resolution is 1920x1080.

Im running DVI/HMDI, DVI is second port from motherboard and HDMI third.

I tried editing the bios for my NVIDIA GTX260 to get 1920x1080p in VESA.
BIOS loaded up fine with GraphicsEnabler/VideoROM/VBIOS, suprisingly (didn't work with only GraphicsEnabler).

Graphics Mode is set to 1920x1080x32@60.

However, when I list VESA modes i only get 1280x720 as highest possible.

Monitor should switch to fullscreen when native resolution is initiated even though no EDID is detected right?

lebidou

lebidou

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Hello,

I checked, I don't think Integrated chipset will be supported because of the lack of documentation from the manufacturers. The patch uses a functionality in Intel Host Controllers to unlock the vBios image in the system memory. Without documentation, it's impossible to tell if this same functionality is available for other chipsets. If someone knows, information is welcome.

The main goal of this isn't just to get chameleon to the native resolution, it's to have native resolution in MacOS since the first boot after installation (and maybe during installation), before you've set up GraphicsEnabler, messed with your kexts and all. And to keep native resolution if you have to disable GraphicsEnabler for a while... To have native resolution, no matter what.

Also this is the only way for me to have native resolution in 64 bits mode on my Radeon Mobility.

Note that it worked on a Nvidia 9800 and an ATI X1900 Mobility, other nVidia cards don't set the mode yet, and it makes ATI drivers crash with HD3xxx and HD4xxx (HD2xxx is untested, X1300 to X1900 should be working fine though). It is still work in progress.

@phroz, loading your vbios in the registry with VBIOS/VideoROM/etc won't help, this is for OS X drivers, later in the boot process.
To set native resolution from boot, you need the patch I'm working on, or to flash your card. If you'd like to test the patch, it hasn't been tested on GT1xx, GT2xx series.
And the EDID bug isn't in cause.

There are already testers for nvidia 7xxx, 8xxx, 9xxx and ati HD3xxx and HD4xxx. If you don't have one of these and/or if you have a laptop, I'd like to know how it behaves on your machine.

I hope it clarifies things a bit, have a nice day.

twilight.lee

twilight.lee

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Thank you , lebidou. Your explanation are very clear.

phr0z

phr0z

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Thanks for the explanation!

However I forgot to mention that I did in fact flash my bios with the edited one :unsure:

Though.. I did it a bit sketchy, I didn't use nvflash and I did edit it with NiBiTor to get the checksum ok and flashed it with Gigabytes utility for windows.

Perhaps it did something along the way... hard to tell.

I'll try nvflash on a new hexedited bios file this weekend and post the result.

phr0z

phr0z

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Can't get my monitor to display fullscreen with this..

Tried flashing it with nvflash this time.

It stretches the screen if I use VGA.

Oh well..

jamesah

jamesah

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Can anyone tell me what exactly this fixes or does? I don't understand. Sorry for my newbieness

DieBuche

DieBuche

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
This fix get's rid of a stretched gui in the bootloader, in case ur using a widescreen monitor.

@ everybody asking for a patched bios:
The hard bios flash is quite risky, especially if you don't know how to recover. lebidou has been working on a modified chameleon booter, which will modify the resolution modes when booting. Please see this topic for more info. Please try that booter and report about success/failure there

theakseffect

theakseffect

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
How do I use this without OSX installed on my laptop (see specs in sig)?

Fyi: I can't get SL to boot either (I get KP or a black screen and reboot right after apple logo (which is within 2 seconds)). I used the following methods:

Chameleon RC2
Boot-132 + SL retail (no idea which bootloader, it has a nice little gui though)
SL Hazard distro
commands: -v -x -s -f cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=n arch=i386 and "Graphics Mode"="1024x768x16"

El Massman

El Massman

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
tried the hex patch with no success on a 7600gs. limited success with the the patched chameleon. the resolution seems right although squashed into the top two thirds of the screen. resolution returns on hitting the osx gui although the system then kernel panics on logging in. i have a feeling this may be to do with running in 64 bit mode though. i used to get that with rc4 until i added the arch=x86_32 flag. is that still accepted by the rc5 mod? this'd be great to get working.

El Massman

El Massman

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
on a slightly different note... out of curiosity i tried using a dvi to vga adaptor and plugging the graphics card into my monitor that way. this brings up a bigger list of 'supported resolutions'. still none of which are the one i patched though. one that did stand out however is '1400x1050'. with my monitor's native resolution being 1680x1050 it would seem like that is the highest 4:3 resolution i should be able to use in chameleon under normal circumstances but the max i get is 1280x1024. why does using a dvi connection restrict the maximum resolution. that just seems odd since i'd consider dvi to be the superior connection.

thanks

marc

lebidou

lebidou

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

tried the hex patch with no success on a 7600gs. limited success with the the patched chameleon. the resolution seems right although squashed into the top two thirds of the screen. resolution returns on hitting the osx gui although the system then kernel panics on logging in. i have a feeling this may be to do with running in 64 bit mode though. i used to get that with rc4 until i added the arch=x86_32 flag. is that still accepted by the rc5 mod? this'd be great to get working.

You should try arch=i386, I'm not sure arch=x86_32 is still used since it's not an official architecture name. For the resolution limitation, it seems to be due to VESA implementation in the motherboard's BIOS. It's an issue that has already been encountered. I'm currently working on solving it, along with the so called 'bottom bug' on Nvidia cards.

El Massman

El Massman

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
thanks for getting back to me. i'll give it a go with i386 and see what i get. i'll keep testing each time you put something new out too. keep up the great work.

marc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy