• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

rednut

rednut

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I believe it doesn't work on modern nvidia cards.

I tried inserting a mode into an empty table, tried patching an existing table, and even tried replacing an entire existing table . Nothing worked. 

The only way I got native boot resolution was using clover's vbios patcher.

I think so, too.
My GTX 560Ti did not work in 1920x1080 mode, too.

It is a wonderful topic for ATI users, but I don't know if it would be able to help also to modern NVIDIA card users.

vyte

vyte

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

need a VESA Patch for my eVGA GTX 570 SC HD in 1920x1080x32 :/

Can anybody help me? Thanks ;)

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts
  • Interests:Wandering around on the internet!! Politics, Sci/Tech, Medicine.

need a VESA Patch for my eVGA GTX 570 SC HD in 1920x1080x32 :/

Can anybody help me? Thanks ;)

Its not that easy with nvidia cards. I would recommend using clover's vbios patcher.

Kova78

Kova78

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi guys,

I'd like to ask you an help! :)

Attached you will find the vbios of my Ati Sapphire X550 PCI-e board.

I tried and re-tried for over 4 hours to find the vga table/Vesa modes inside it (in bases on the information collected in this thread) but without luck.

I also have some problem with the tool provided in this thread AnalyseVBIOS2 (but I recompiled and used it with Ubuntu), it shows me only the "lenght" field.

Somebody please can help me?

Thank you very much!

Best regards!

Attached Files

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,022 posts

You are on the wrong way, sorry...

Kova78

Kova78

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

You are on the wrong way, sorry...

What you mean? :o

Marchrius

Marchrius

Lo scippatore di emozioni

• Pandora Team
  • 325 posts
  • Interests:Studente di Informatica.
    Passione/Hobby: Informatica in generale, hackintosh, musica Rock...

Hi all...

I'm trying to md my bios to insert the 1366x768x32 (or alternatively 1280x760x32 which are supported in chameleon)

I've tried but without success...

This is my bios (the vga model is in signature)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/public/style_images/insanely_mac/attachicon.gif VGABIOS.ROM.zip

The output from AnalyseVBIOS is

Attempting to open /Users/matteo/Desktop/VGABIOS.ROM
Length:65024
Found 1. possible NVIDIA Mode at 0x7b5b(Decimal:31579)
   Empty Table at 0x7c7b(Decimal:31867)
   Empty Table at 0x7cfb(Decimal:31995)
   Empty Table at 0x7d3b(Decimal:32059)
Correct number of finds
Mod should be working
Rupert:~ matteo$

Hi guys, there is someone can help me?

The info above are still the same.

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,022 posts

Hi guys, there is someone can help me?

The info above are still the same.

NVidia VBios patching information
from Clover development team

Leonike

Leonike

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

anybody know how to get native boot resolution on an r9 280x clover bootloader running 10.9.4? This command doesn't work for the card and I've manually located the resolution and flashed it but I still get low res stretched boot. Frustrating...

PHV

PHV

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

I tried it and it works/dont work for me. 

I flashed my Graphic BIOS, I get rid of those black Bars around the Screen so everything is Fullscreen now. I changed my VESA Table too, 1280x1024 (highest available VESA Entry) to 1920x1080. But Clover and the Bootscreen are displayced ans stretched. Clover is at 1920x1080. I link you to my Thread with Pictures, so maybe someone can help me.

http://www.insanelym...tion-at-clover/

omnis

omnis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I have come in dire need of assistance... I just loaded a patch called AnVal and it totally botched my acpi tables in such a way to where I cann't boot without a zillion SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR: smcReadData8 failed for key <xxx> (kSMCKeyNotFound) and I'm not sure what to do. I am running Mavericks on an i7 Ivy Bridge 3610QM  on an HP DV7t-7000 CTO Quad Entertainment Edition PC using it in a triple boot scenario. Luckily I am able to write this post and have my Mac attempting to load in VirtualBox. I've attempted safe mode, but I can't even get there because the tables just load and load providing countless lines of the same error. I think I may have installed the patch wrong btw. I extracted AnVAL5.1.4.zip  and executed bdmesg. I can't remember what exactly it said, but I saw it say something along the lines of "added tables" here, and "dropped tables" there. I should have known better than to do this, esp. with what I'm not sure is still relevant because these posts about it are pretty old. I am running what is "pretty new" (Mavericks) and now I am only running a shell of what it was because I don't know exactly what it changed so I don't know how to undo the changes and solve me riddle! Anywho, I hope this will at least make someone think before they do. I still haven't fully read the instructions, but I digress. If anyone can help, please do. Thanks for your time. Oh, and also my system board id is 181F it runs Insyde BIOS, I have the integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 and an Nvidia GeForce 650M. The reason I was trying to do this in the first place was in an attempt to get my Mavericks to see more than just 7MB VRAM and I just couldn't figure it out. Later! Do NOT try this at home folks! lol

mendietinha

mendietinha

mendi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  • Interests:full hackintosh.

unbelievable.

PHV

PHV

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

I still haven't fully read the instructions

find the error

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,022 posts

Hi guys,

I will propose all to learn investigations made by Clover team in the patching VideoBios to get large resolution before asking something. The question is much more complex then you may propose in your nightmare.

If you think that you are able to do more then we did then don't ask but report your achievements.

Regards!

Funky frank

Funky frank

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Hi I use an ATI HD5570 and patching it with clover using the default config (8007A802A005->8007A8023804). But still the doesn't fit until the monitor edges, but it should be 1920x1080x32. Is there a way to have the same 1920x1080 resolution as in OSX finder?

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,022 posts

UEFI boot and UEFI VideoBIOS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy