Intel GMA945 (0x27AE8086+0x27A28086) resolution + CI/QE/OpenGL solution

Andy Vandijck

189 posts in this topic

Please attach the .rom file created by RadeonDump.

Oups ... it created a .rom file??? Missed that, sorry! Will attach tonight, when i´m back from work.

About mirror mode and new Framebuffer: all new Framebuffers have Macrovision (Hello iTunes Store).

Last framebuffer without Macrovision is v5.3.0.

I think we need modify vbios for mirror work. Someone can make a dump VBIOS GMA950 from MacBook or MacMini?

@Andy Vandijck

Your bootloader can shadow vbios for Intel?

• 2 weeks later...

I still Having a gray screen, im try everything, but when i install the kexts when reboot only show me a gray screen, but i press de poweroff button and the systems halt, im desesperate, because i have no solution, my netbook its a toshiba nb100, do you have any idea?

I have an Acer ao150 with gma450, i got it to work in native resolution and QE (menu is transparent),

all works fine, except the external monitor. all garbled as some have mentioned.

I am not sure if installing this package would help anything?

Would it fix the external monitor?

Anyone knows?

I have an Acer ao150 with gma450, i got it to work in native resolution and QE (menu is transparent),

all works fine, except the external monitor. all garbled as some have mentioned.

I am not sure if installing this package would help anything?

Would it fix the external monitor?

Anyone knows?

Could you try latest boot file from Chameleon forum?

It makes all connectors visible (including 0x27A68086)...

I need to know which connector is used for this...

If it uses this also, I'll patch up the kext for this one too...

• 4 weeks later...
Could you try latest boot file from Chameleon forum?

It makes all connectors visible (including 0x27A68086)...

I need to know which connector is used for this...

If it uses this also, I'll patch up the kext for this one too...

Hi, Thank you for replying, I thought i installed the latest chameleon, how can i know if i indeed did or not?

a version somewhere? a file size? a cksum i can run against a file?

Thank you

PS: The 2nd monitor works if i use it as a 2nd monitor, but if mirror mode, that's when it gets messed up.

Combination works on my D820 GMA 950 (osx 10.6.3)

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer: 1.6.6

AppleIntelGMA950xxxx: 1.6.6

Working, but Aperture 3.x will not launch, log said pixel format invalid. LCD + external VGA on dock working, Sleep/wakeup works fine on external VGA monitor, not on LCD. Browse website ok (for example fatwallet forum)

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer: 1.6.10

AppleIntelGMA950xxx: 1.6.10

No way, garble screen.

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer: 1.4.8

AppleIntelGMA950xxx:1.6.10

Working, Aperture 3.x works as well. But not sleep/wakeup, after wakeup, system may running but screen is just blue. Browse fatwallet forum cannot display thread content (black background with black text)

Will this fix work for 10.6.3?

Currently, I'm using AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext from 10.6.2 (suppose, I download it from this forum), OpenCL works fine, but cannot wake up correctly. If use stock kext from 10.6.3, I got garble screen and a lot issues.

Here is the ROM dump

Hmm I tested on a similar machine with 27D2 Intel GMA, same revision, it worked fine but needed stock kext / patch

Change:

8680A227 -> 8680AE27

86807227 -> 8680A227

In the binaries and then edit the plists with respective id's changed

0x27A28086 becomes 0x27AE8086

0x27728086 becomes 0x27A28086

With the rest of the fixes in place it should work... 0xED is the tool of my choice for editing...

for 0x27A28086:

Don't replace stock framebuffer kext's...

Apple uses this kind of card.

You then only need the PNLF device in your DSDT and the bootloader installed with GraphicsEnabler enabled...

Hi andy,

Thanks for all :-)

I ve got a Dell Inspiron 640m having Intel GMA950 (27a2).

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:27a2] (rev 03)
00:02.1 Display controller [0380]: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:27a6] (rev 03)

the booter detected it along with 27a6. Unfortunately the kexts don't give any result on LCD, but on external VGA only. It enabled me sleep/resume for the first time on my hacknitosh :-) So thanks again for you, Prasys and all who contributed :-)

I have a little question though :

I wonder wether your GMA950 kext with stock (10.6.3) AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer should be used or both should be stock in order to have LCD working .

Thanks in advance.

Hoper

Hi all GMA950-ologs :-)

I made some advances since my last post.

I figured out that there was a Natit.kext in my extensions folder that I removed. With stock 10.6.3 AIFBuffer and GMA950 kext (that fixes 27AE only) I can get display working but after a rather tricky workaround: I have to plug an external monitor, switch to it and then unplugging it in order to get LCD working. With the GMA950 kext that fixes both 27a2 and 27ae, I have no LCD and no VGA even with the precedent trick. I m writing this now using the working combination but this is not very practical, you'll admit.

Somebody sees any workaround for this issue? Should I patch the stock GMA950? What changes should I perform then? Thanks for your suggestions.

Hoper

Hi, Thank you for replying, I thought i installed the latest chameleon, how can i know if i indeed did or not?

a version somewhere? a file size? a cksum i can run against a file?

Thank you

PS: The 2nd monitor works if i use it as a 2nd monitor, but if mirror mode, that's when it gets messed up.

Yeah right here...

Download from my first post boot_rel3.zip

Replace boot in /

Also removed debugging..

Combination works on my D820 GMA 950 (osx 10.6.3)

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer: 1.6.6

AppleIntelGMA950xxxx: 1.6.6

Working, but Aperture 3.x will not launch, log said pixel format invalid. LCD + external VGA on dock working, Sleep/wakeup works fine on external VGA monitor, not on LCD. Browse website ok (for example fatwallet forum)

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer: 1.6.10

AppleIntelGMA950xxx: 1.6.10

No way, garble screen.

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer: 1.4.8

AppleIntelGMA950xxx:1.6.10

Working, Aperture 3.x works as well. But not sleep/wakeup, after wakeup, system may running but screen is just blue. Browse fatwallet forum cannot display thread content (black background with black text)

Hi Noodle09,

Thanks for these results.

I have got a Dell inspiron 640m with GMA950 (27a2 and 27a6), my current running combination is :

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer: 1.4.2

AppleIntelGMA950xxx:1.6.10 (the one from this thread that adresses only 27AE). Mirroring is working but no wake from sleep. I am not using Aperture 3.x so I can not tell about it.

Tell me please, are you using stock AppleIntelGMA950xxx or patched one from this thread (in this case which of the files do you use ? the one that adresses both cards of the one that adresses only 27AE)? Please could you send or attach AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer: 1.4.8 for me to upgrade my AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer?

Thanks

Yeah right here...

Download from my first post boot_rel3.zip

Replace boot in /

Also removed debugging..

Hello, thank you very much for trying to help me.

I installed the file you recommended. It booted fine (although the crude TEXT interface was interesting at first :) it started fine and in the nice boot up resolution. i did not choose any options, i just hit enter.

MacOS started well, but the same problem occurs. Also, the GMA Graphic options in the About this Mac > More Info is showing the exact data. I took 2 screenshots, before and after.

Any other idea to have the mirror option to work?

Note that the extended desktop works fine and always has.

Search Screen Solution Installer. With stocked kexts from 10.6.3, your LCD isn't dead, it's sleeping. Somebody wrote a program that wake up the LCD, works well, but still painful because if you are not login, your screen will fresh itself every few seconds or minutes.

Hi andy,

Thanks for all :-)

I ve got a Dell Inspiron 640m having Intel GMA950 (27a2).

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:27a2] (rev 03)
00:02.1 Display controller [0380]: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:27a6] (rev 03)

the booter detected it along with 27a6. Unfortunately the kexts don't give any result on LCD, but on external VGA only. It enabled me sleep/resume for the first time on my hacknitosh :-) So thanks again for you, Prasys and all who contributed :-)

I have a little question though :

I wonder wether your GMA950 kext with stock (10.6.3) AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer should be used or both should be stock in order to have LCD working .

Thanks in advance.

Hoper

Hi all GMA950-ologs :-)

I made some advances since my last post.

I figured out that there was a Natit.kext in my extensions folder that I removed. With stock 10.6.3 AIFBuffer and GMA950 kext (that fixes 27AE only) I can get display working but after a rather tricky workaround: I have to plug an external monitor, switch to it and then unplugging it in order to get LCD working. With the GMA950 kext that fixes both 27a2 and 27ae, I have no LCD and no VGA even with the precedent trick. I m writing this now using the working combination but this is not very practical, you'll admit.

Somebody sees any workaround for this issue? Should I patch the stock GMA950? What changes should I perform then? Thanks for your suggestions.

Hoper

I'm currently using 1.6.6 from 10.6.2, works fine in most cases. I'm not using 1.4.8 because it still cannot give me correct display at fatwallet forum. Aperture 3.x isn't a big issue to me.

I'm on desktop right now, will upload 1.4.8 AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext later.

Hi Noodle09,

Thanks for these results.

I have got a Dell inspiron 640m with GMA950 (27a2 and 27a6), my current running combination is :

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer: 1.4.2

AppleIntelGMA950xxx:1.6.10 (the one from this thread that adresses only 27AE). Mirroring is working but no wake from sleep. I am not using Aperture 3.x so I can not tell about it.

Tell me please, are you using stock AppleIntelGMA950xxx or patched one from this thread (in this case which of the files do you use ? the one that adresses both cards of the one that adresses only 27AE)? Please could you send or attach AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer: 1.4.8 for me to upgrade my AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer?

Thanks