still nothing to do with Revo 0.6.15 added my ssdt in acpi_patcher.h but it still not load even if the dsdt is the same as the 0.4 one that for me works, so there is something in the code removed that it's need for my configuration
Your configuration probably needs function scanDisks
(in sys.c) and newFilteredBVChain
(in options.c) so first change the: #if CHAMELEON
into #if 1 // CHAMELEON
The next step would be to open boot.c and scroll down to function common_boot
where you need to change one or two blocks. Specifically this one:
#if 1 // CHAMELEON // Create a list of partitions on device(s). if (gScanSingleDrive) scanBootVolumes(gBIOSDev, &bvCount); else scanDisks(gBIOSDev, &bvCount); // Create a separated bvr chain using the specified filters. bvChain = newFilteredBVChain(0x80, 0xFF, allowBVFlags, denyBVFlags, &gDeviceCount); gBootVolume = selectBootVolume(bvChain);#endif
and the next one as well (I presume):
#if 1 // CHAMELEON
Does that work for you?Note:
I just made these changes myself so let me give it a try. Ok. It compiles and boot is now 65888 bytes. That's too big for me, but let me try to reboot. Done! It works. Give it a try.Edit:
Verbose and safe boot are functional again in Revolution 0.6.16 but I don't
want a menu so I removed it. This also includes the help text (? at boot) which I think should be stored on disk somewhere, and we don't need it anyway.
I have attached version 0.6.16 for you, with the specific changes, so that you and other people here willing to have a go with it can. But let me remind people here that there are no bells and whistles in this version. No GUI, no disk selection menu nothing. It won't even read DSDT and/or SSDT anymore because we incorporate it in the boot file.
You can only add the boot drive UUID to: /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist
but nowhere else. SMBIOS.plist is no more because we change the smbios_patcher.c before we compile it for our hardware!!!Edit 2:
There are two things you should change:
1) The hard coded serial number (MASTERCHIEF) in fake_efi.c
2) The hard coded test UUID in fake_efi.c
And you'll have to change these or iTunes won't work properly anymore! Also. Defining CHAMELEON alone won't be enough to compile a 'normal' Chameleon version from the attached source code, simply because I removed all unused files!Edit 3:
A new attachment, with minor improvements, is now available (fake serial number and UUID was changed back to the Chameleon default). I also changed graphics.c a little (you may need to change the default screen width / height) and this new version compiles to 65120 bytes (less than one 64KB segment).