51 replies to this topic

larabee

larabee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Hey larabee,

I've got an Auzentech X-FI Home Theater HD and when I try to use VoodooHDA, I get a kernel panic as soon as I kextload the driver (also happens if I reboot with the driver in the kextcache). Did you ever have this problem? Also, Is your Forte deviceID 0x000b1102? I noticed that the X-Fi Titanium is this ID as well as my Auzen HTHD. If yours is the same, and you were getting kernel panics too, maybe we can work together to figure it out. Thanks.

I've been out lately and almost forgot this thread.
I have exactly the same device ID and never ever encounter any problem with kernel panic with VoodooHDA.
My Forte 7.1 is some how mapped to the onboard audio device

Sound from game --> HDA driver --> onboard sound acts like a hardware bridge --> Forte 7.1 acts like the main audio processing unit --> output

that's all I have until now.

arek1912

arek1912

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Hi,

i just bought a Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1 and have problems to get it work. I installed VoodooHDA.kext and the soundcard seems to be recognized (not in Profiler but inputs and outputs are shown). But neither the outputs nor the inputs are working. I have installed a HD-Frontpanel to the card. Can you tell me what i can try to get it working?

larabee

larabee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Hi,

i just bought a Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1 and have problems to get it work. I installed VoodooHDA.kext and the soundcard seems to be recognized (not in Profiler but inputs and outputs are shown). But neither the outputs nor the inputs are working. I have installed a HD-Frontpanel to the card. Can you tell me what i can try to get it working?

plug the headphone to the front panel and your headphone to the rear headphone jack in the back and it's gonna work !

breaky

breaky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Can anyone explain how to get to work the XFi-Titanium PCI-E in Snow Leopard?

thanks

Shazu

Shazu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I have an X-Fi Prelude 7.1 Card will the VoodooHDA work for this as well ? how exactly do we get it to install. There is a version 0.2.2 out and possibly newer beta.. has anyone been able to get it to work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated thankyou :D

nin9

nin9

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
MMM I've also got an x-fi forte, tried exactly what you said and the voodoohd doesn't pick it up..

Shazu

Shazu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
What version of Mac OS X are you using nin9? Atm I have a 10.6.0 beta which I cannot update.. perhaps this driver only works with later updates of the 10.6.x ?

nin9

nin9

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
update:

Just got it working :D
used the voodoohda from ##### pack

seems to work so far, don't think the headphone amp works though ;) but at least I'm back to using my amazing sound card instead of my onboard rubbish

btw Shazu I'm on 10.6.3

raul74

raul74

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

update:

Just got it working :)
used the voodoohda from ##### pack

seems to work so far, don't think the headphone amp works though :) but at least I'm back to using my amazing sound card instead of my onboard rubbish

btw Shazu I'm on 10.6.3

can you pls link this version of voodoohda

thanx

Update i was able to make it work with voodooHDA 2.5.3 but the mic doesn't work
here the screenshot of my sound panel and audio midi setup
a question , how many hz can i use for the sound card ? 96000 ( that is the max in the options )

Attached Files

paddoO

paddoO

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hey guys,

i didnt get all of you. so you're saying use the voodoohda, the spdif out is gonna work? thats all i need, i dont care about jacks.

i need a working spdif out - if it uses my x-fi titanium pci-e or onboard gigabyte ep-35-ds3 doesnt matter.

Shazu

Shazu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

can you pls link this version of voodoohda

thanx

Update i was able to make it work with voodooHDA 2.5.3 but the mic doesn't work
here the screenshot of my sound panel and audio midi setup
a question , how many hz can i use for the sound card ? 96000 ( that is the max in the options )

@ nin9 and raul74

Not sure if I am allowed to link this here - but anyway :unsure: http://www.kexts.com...hda_v2.5.3.html
main site: http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/

I just updated to 10.6.3. Can you tell me whether you applied the 10.6.3 v1.1 update (823MB) (don't suppose it matters?)

I am using ##### 2.0 - Everything Else is working except my X-Fi Prelude 7.1 card.

I have tried both options VooDooHDA 0.2.1 and VooDooHDA 0.2.61 (are these out of date?) that are included with ##### 2.0.. Cant seem to get it working. Does VooDooHDA have to be installed manually after #####?

Also can you confirm that the SPDIF is working? I too (like paddoO) mainly use optical output with my card - but I can use the analogue inputs as well. Basically I would be happy to get any sound at all out of the card ...

As a side note: the onboard Realtek HD Audio on my board X48-DQ6 is working fine. But I don't want to use onboard. I have tried disabling onboard and Re-installing 10.6.3 fresh- but Still no luck with the X-Fi card.

Do we have to put some sort of Hardware ID into the VoodooHDA kext files to make it work/detect ?

Shazu

Shazu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Bump

Shazu

Shazu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I've been doing some searching in the meantime found some more info on the voodoohda kext and some other threads saying basically to give up trying to get x-fi working.. but Above in this thread seems to offer glimmers of hope.

Hopefully I can get some assistance with this. I will keep trying in my own time.

Thanks guys.

oswaldini

oswaldini

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Anybody try to run X-Fi Xtreme Music ?

Shazu

Shazu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
If i had the card to try I would. I'm sorta wishing I had the forte now seeing as that sort of works.. I wouldnt think that they would be so different that it would be impossible to get working if a similar card is...

Black Knight

Black Knight

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Anybody try to run X-Fi Xtreme Music ?

It's been said countless times that the PCI versions of X-Fi cards (including your X-Fi Prelude 7.1) are not Intel HDA compliant and will probably never be supported. The only reason that the Forte and X-fi Titanium cards have a chance of working is because they are PCIe and are Intel HDA compliant. If you notice, the solution involves VoodooHDA, which only works with HDA devices.

Shazu

Shazu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Makes a little more sense now.. Thanks Black Knight.

Kile S.

Kile S.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Just out of curiosity, how different is the x-fi extreme music? Besides being pci does it use a different spu as well? Being non hda compliant I assume you couldn't use hdaenabler.kext with a modified plist either. What would be the most likely solution? I wouldn't mind monkeying around with this idea just for the sheer joy of it. :D

Edit: I should read more thoroughly before I post. As I understand it the pci cards do have a different spu. Mostly what I am wondering is are there any solutions for non hda compliant cards that might be made to work.

BoostedH23a1

BoostedH23a1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
is this X-fi Forte only working in stereo? or do you have 7.1 (multichannel)
i cant get this damn adi2000b to work. tired for months now

J_Freman

J_Freman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Hi all! I got X-Fi Extreme Gamer card, any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy