Dell 1545 Snow Leopard Retail/boot132 Install

doriean

426 posts in this topic

The DVD drive eject button on the laptop nor the physical DVD drive button will eject a disc while in SL. Also the volume control turns down the system volume, but does not lower iTunes. Has anyone ran into these issues?

It's a common problem with my computer too. But the physical button should work. Try at least to times, pressing it firmly. If you cannot read a dvd for installing perhaps office, open the drive and close it several times. That works most of the time for me. If not, you should restart with the dvd inside. Most of the times it works, i've even burned DL dvd's with the drive.

Hey guys. I've been searching in the forums how to fix the Quartz Extreme Problem and it's not looking good. I've read that since apple does not longer support integrated graphics like the x4500 it won't release the drivers for it. Still, there is a chance that we get Quartz support in the upcoming release of snow leopard 10.6.3 in February. The only workaround that could occur to me is that some kind of guru/genius writes down the driver for our video card. It's really a shame, since a lot of computers have this same video card.

the download link only gives you an html file which is blank. any other link for this kext?

Here You Go This Is The GMA X3100 0x2a12 By McGyver Hope This Helps

http://rapidshare.com/files/337073184/Gma_X3100.rar.html

And Thanks Again For Everybodys Help And Support....

In your Tut, what Retail Version u are Use? Snow Leopard 10.6.0 or 10.6.2?

I have now the same Dell. Now i need the OSX Version to Install all...

Hey There I Use The 10.6.2 But Either One Is Fine. Hope That Helps And If You Have Any Other Questions Feel Free To Ask.

P.s I Would Just Go Pay The $29 At The Apple Store And Buy Snow Leopard, Just Make Sure To Buy The Release That Came Out In

November 2009 Thats The 10.6.2 Im Using.

You write:

In The ( Dell1545SnowLeopard ) Folder, Navagate To The ( GMA4500 Native Resolution ) Folder And Drag And Drop Both The AppleGMAX3100.kext And The APPLE GMAX3100FB.kext Into Kext Utility.

Thats for the Intel Graphic. But in Your System are the Ati. Or i missunderstand something? I have the 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD4330 in my System

anyone else having issues with iChat crashing when enabling the webcam?

Yes, i have the same problem. The LED Flashes short one time, then Crash

WLan:

I have do a update, the i update the Airport Driver, Wlan dont work. So i use the kext again. And works and the Updater brings no new Update...

On Start with the Bootloader, i see short 2 Lines. The second line beginn with EFI... rest i dont can read. To fast. I have no Driver for my Grafikcard installed. Was this the Error?

Okay so thanks to charlesterror's suggestion of modifying the com.apple.Boot.plist I now have native resolution. Make sure you repair permissions after this step!

Download the modified com.apple.Boot.plist here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z8QRGI4Q

Navigate to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

Delete the com.apple.Boot.plist, and copy the one from the download into this folder

Repair permissions, on reboot you will have native resolution and it will recognize your video kexts.

How i do repair permissions? Thanks

Doriean asked for Info.plist to modify ATI4500Controller.kext and ATIRadeonX2000.kext to get QE to work with Radeon 4330 version of Inspirion 1545.

They are attached. They only work in 10.6.2

Attached File(s)

ATI4500Controller.Info.plist.zip ( 826bytes ) Number of downloads: 45

ATIRadeonX2000.Info.plist.zip ( 1.17K ) Number of downloads: 34

I have read, how to Install. But can i Install this direct on my running System? I have all run on my Dell, but the last one i need, is the grafik.

How i do repair permissions? Thanks

I have read, how to Install. But can i Install this direct on my running System? I have all run on my Dell, but the last one i need, is the grafik.

to repair, just open up your disk utility, click on your snow leopard partition and you should see an option somewhere on the screen to repair disk permissions

Greetings one and all. I'm a self-taught techie who heard about this weird "hackintosh osx86" thing a few months ago. My first computer purchase was an Apple *** back in 19** so, yes, I AM an old fart. Please bear with me.

I bought a Dell 1545, 3 months ago. According to the HCL, I was out of luck, but I decided to try anyway.

I chose this install method as I lack ready access to a Mac or Hac and I really wanted to use the retail SL DVD. To my absolute shock, it actually worked - somewhat. I'm hoping some of you hotshots can give me a little guidance. Here's how it went.

DELL 1545

Intel Mobile Series 4 chipset

2.10 ghz Pentium Dual-Core 4300

500G hard drive

4G ram

IDT High Definition Audio

Creative Integrated 1.3 meg webcam

:wacko: Hey Everbody, I'm Going To Keep This As Simple As Possible...

FYI, This Is Only For The Dell Inspiron 1545. Lets Begin!

Please Start by Downloading The Following File:

*SNIPPED download series* DONE

Once You Have The rar File, Extract The Folder ( Dell1545SnowLeopard ) To Your Desktop. - DONE

Then Extract The SL boot132.iso And Burn It To A Cd Using Your Favorite Iso Software. - DONE

Please Make Sure You Have Formated Your Hard Drive To Ntfs/Fat32 Before We Begin. - Well, why do it simple. Let's see, new computer, new Wndows 7, new Snow Leopard and new Ubuntu distro. TRIPLE BOOT!

Now Insert Your Boot321 cd And, Depending On Your Bios, Hit Either ( Esc or F2 ) To Boot From Your Cd Drive. DONE

Once The Boot Cd Has Loaded, Eject It, Insert Your Retail Snow Leopard Install Disk, And Hit F5 ( Note= If Your Disk Wasn't Reconized The First Time Hit F5 Again ). DONE

You Should See Some Scrolling, And Then Mac OS X Snow Leopard Installation Will Begin. DONE

After You Choose Your Language, Choose Utilities From The Above Toolbar, Then Choose Disk Utility. DONE

Used the SL disk utilities to erase the entire drive, GUID formatting, created 3 partitions, OSX formatted HFS, Windows 7 formatted NTFS and the remainder as Free Space for Ubuntu sometime later.

*SNIPPED partitioning, formatting and sl132boot instructions*

Mac OS X Will Now Start Installing Mac OS X Snow Leopard On Your Dell Inspiron 1545. DONE

Once Installation Has Finshed, Click Restart. DONE

Once Your Computer Restarts, You Will See Nothing. DONT PANIC -- I Repeat, DONT PANIC ! Everything is Ok.

Eject Your Snow Leopard dvd, Replace It With The Boot321 Cd, And Power Off Your Compter. DONE

Now Restart Your Computer And Again Boot Your Boot321 Cd By Choosing F2. DONE

Once The Boot Cd Has Loaded You Will See Your Mac OS X Snow Leopard Icon. Click On It To Load Your Brand New Snow Leopard Operating System. DONE (also DISPLAYED all unused partitions)

After All This, When You Are At Your Mac OS X SL Desktop, You Will Now Notice Your Wireless, Audio And Other Things Are Not Working. This Is A Problem That Can Be Fixed By Following The Instructions Below:

Let's just check first

Airport Wireless - working no problems.

Ethernet - also working no problems.

Audio - NOTHING. Non-functional.

Video - works halfway. I can see flash video but I cannot hear a thing. DVD gives me "A valid video device could not be found for playback. [-70017]

Trackpad - working no problems.

Webcam - works halfway. Photo Booth will allow me to take pics but not vids.

Display - only one display option the 1024 X 768. NOT optimal.

Let's Begin By Transfering The ( Dell1545SnowLeopad ) Folder To Our New Snow Leopard Desktop. ( Via Usb Or Sd Card ) DONE

Once This Is Done, Open The Folder And Drag Kext Utility To The Desktop. DONE

We Will Now Begin To Fix All Your Driver/Kext Problems (Your Wireless/Audio/Graphics Issues). OKAY - How?

From Here, You Will Install All The Kext Files From The Extensions folder, Located In The (Dell1545SnowLeopard ) Folder, COOL, but...?

Once That's Done, You Will Need To Install A Bootloader. On Your Desktop You Should See Your SL Boot Cd. Double Click To Open It, Go To The Post-Install Folder, And Inside the Folder. Double Click On Chameleon 2 RC3 To Install Your Bootloader. WAIT, WHAT?

So HERE is where I stopped. The instructions are above but may as well be written in Mandarin given my understanding. The README files weren't especially illuminating. Did I miss a step somewhere? HOW do I install Kext files?

So, at present, I've got a partially working system. Can anyone please explain in detail HOW TO INSTALL KEXT FILES using this method? I've applied the updates and now have SL 10.6.2 running. Thank you in advance and keep up the fine work.

*SNIPPED - Let's try to solve one issue at a time.*

Wait and see if you need any of the kexts after install this will prevent alot problems.

sorry and thanks.

Do you think this installation process would work on my Dell 1440?

My specs are as follows:

CPU Type Mobile DualCore Intel Pentium T4400, 2200 MHz (11 x 200)

Motherboard Chipset Intel Cantiga GM45

4GB Kingston DDR2 SDRAM

320 GB 7200 RPM HD

Dell 1397 Wireless G Mini-Card

14.0" High Definition (720p) 1366 x 768 WLED Display with TrueLife

IntelGMA X4500H200

1.3 MP Webcam

Greetings one and all. I'm a self-taught techie who heard about this weird "hackintosh osx86" thing a few months ago. My first computer purchase was an Apple *** back in 19** so, yes, I AM an old fart. Please bear with me.

I bought a Dell 1545, 3 months ago. According to the HCL, I was out of luck, but I decided to try anyway.

I chose this install method as I lack ready access to a Mac or Hac and I really wanted to use the retail SL DVD. To my absolute shock, it actually worked - somewhat. I'm hoping some of you hotshots can give me a little guidance. Here's how it went.

DELL 1545

Intel Mobile Series 4 chipset

2.10 ghz Pentium Dual-Core 4300

500G hard drive

4G ram

IDT High Definition Audio

Creative Integrated 1.3 meg webcam

Well First Off Welcome And Now For Your Problems

Installing Kexts, Download Kext Utility,(I Have Placed A Link In My post). This Will Install Kexts And Repair Permissions. Just Drag And Drop The Kexts Into Kext Utlity, There You Go, Just Remember To Restart Your Computer.

Ok What Is Your Bootloader?, Well Your Bootloader Would Be What You Would Use To Boot Into What Ever Partitions You Have Active Ie Windows Snow Leopard Linux when you turn your computer on., Insert The Boot312 Cd And Double Click On it You Should See A Post Install Folder There You Will Find Chameleon Installer, Install It Restart Your Computer And There You Go...

For Your Audio Use The Audio Kext In My Post To Fix Your Audio Problems..

Do Not Use The Extensions Folder Untill You Have Installed Everyting Else.And Then See If You Need Any Thing In There...

Hope This Helps If you Have Any More Questions Feel Free To Ask...

:whistle: Hey Everbody, I'm Going To Keep This As Simple As Possible...

FYI, This Is Only For The Dell Inspiron 1545. Lets Begin!

Please Start by Downloading The Following File:

For Premium Members Only........

Download

For Non Premium Members Single Links..........

http://rapidshare.com/files/327129160/Extensions.rar.html Extensions

http://rapidshare.com/files/327129245/Graphics.rar.html Graphics

http://rapidshare.com/files/327129708/Wireless.rar.html Wireless

http://rapidshare.com/files/327129127/Audio.rar.html Audio

http://rapidshare.com/files/327129496/Kext_Utility.rar.html Kext Utility

http://rapidshare.com/files/327129602/Sl_boot_cd.rar.html SL boot cd

Megaupload Link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L7010X5I

Once You Have The rar File, Extract The Folder ( Dell1545SnowLeopard ) To Your Desktop.

Then Extract The SL boot132.iso And Burn It To A Cd Using Your Favorite Iso Software.

Please Make Sure You Have Formated Your Hard Drive To Ntfs/Fat32 Before We Begin.

Now Insert Your Boot321 cd And, Depending On Your Bios, Hit Either ( Esc or F2 ) To Boot From Your Cd Drive.

Once The Boot Cd Has Loaded, Eject It, Insert Your Retail Snow Leopard Install Disk, And Hit F5 ( Note= If Your Disk Wasn't Reconized The First Time Hit F5 Again ).

You Should See Some Scrolling, And Then Mac OS X Snow Leopard Installation Will Begin.

After You Choose Your Language, Choose Utilities From The Above Toolbar, Then Choose Disk Utility.

Once Disk Utility Has Loaded, Choose Your Hard Drive From The Left Pane; Choose Partition, And Under Volume Scheme, Choose 1 Partition.

Give A Name To Your Mac OS X Snow Leopard And Format it as Mac OS X Extended Journaled.

Choose Options, Then Choose GUID Partition Table; Click Ok, Then Click Apply, Then Click Partition, And Once Everything is Done, Close disk Utility.

The Mac OS X Install Screen Will Pop Up; When It Does, Click Continue.

Click Agree, Choose Where You Want To Install Mac OS X, Then Click Install, Then Click Continue.

Mac OS X Will Now Start Installing Mac OS X Snow Leopard On Your Dell Inspiron 1545.

Once Installation Has Finshed, Click Restart.

Once Your Computer Restarts, You Will See Nothing. DONT PANIC -- I Repeat, DONT PANIC ! Everything is Ok.

Eject Your Snow Leopard dvd, Replace It With The Boot321 Cd, And Power Off Your Compter.

Now Restart Your Computer And Again Boot Your Boot321 Cd By Choosing F2.

Once The Boot Cd Has Loaded You Will See Your Mac OS X Snow Leopard Icon. Click On It To Load Your Brand New Snow Leopard Operating System.

After All This, When You Are At Your Mac OS X SL Desktop, You Will Now Notice Your Wireless, Audio And Other Things Are Not Working. This Is A Problem That Can Be Fixed By Following The Instructions Below:

Let's Begin By Transfering The ( Dell1545SnowLeopad ) Folder To Our New Snow Leopard Desktop. ( Via Usb Or Sd Card )

Once This Is Done, Open The Folder And Drag Kext Utility To The Desktop.

We Will Now Begin To Fix All Your Driver/Kext Problems (Your Wireless/Audio/Graphics Issues).

From Here, You Will Install All The Kext Files From The Extensions folder, Located In The (Dell1545SnowLeopard ) Folder,

Once That's Done, You Will Need To Install A Bootloader. On Your Desktop You Should See Your SL Boot Cd. Double Click To Open It, Go To The Post-Install Folder, And Inside the Folder. Double Click On Chameleon 2 RC3 To Install Your Bootloader.

When You Have Finshed Installing Your Bootloader, Eject The Boot Cd And Restart Your Computer.

When You Start Your Computer, The Bootloader Will Ask You Which O.S You Want To Load. You Are Not Dual Booting! Choose The Only O.s Thats Available, Mac OS X.

Now That That's Done We Only Have Three Things Left To Do:

Wireless Audio And The Fabled 1366 x 768 Resolution.

Let's Now Install The Wireless!

In The ( Dell1545SnowLeopard ) Folder, Find The ( I080211Family.Kext ) Folder. Drag And Drop It Into Kext Utility.. This Takes Care Of Wireless (Dont Forget To Restart)!

Now For The Audio:

In The ( Dell1545SnowLeopard ) Folder, Find The ( VoodooHDA.kext ) And Drag And Drop Into Kext Utility. Once Done Double Click On ( VoodooHDA.prefpane ). Follow The Instructions. Don't Forget To Restart Your Computer.

Now The 1366 x 768 Resolution:

In The ( Dell1545SnowLeopard ) Folder, Navagate To The ( GMA4500 Native Resolution ) Folder And Drag And Drop Both The AppleGMAX3100.kext And The APPLE GMAX3100FB.kext Into Kext Utility.

Once Done Copy The DSDT.aml To The Root Of Your Hard Drive And Restart.

And There You Go!

If The 1366 X 768 Didn't Work For You Try Again ( It Took Me Three Times To GeT It To Work ).

Thats It... If You Have Any Questions, Feel Free To Leave A Comment And I Will Try To Help You Out As Best As I Can.

Thanks So Much For Everything.

UPDATE - PLEASE DONY USE THE EXTENSIONS FOLDER INTILL AFTER COMPLETE INSTALL AND RESTART

Wait and see if you need any of the kexts after install this will prevent alot problems.

sorry and thanks.

Dear Dorean, I've done everything and Ican only access SL with the boot cd. I installed C2RC3 five times and every one i must restart with the power button :whistle: :censored2: . Any ideas??? Can I try with a different boot loader like empire efi?? :pirate2:

Help will be apreciated!!!! Thanks for the tuto. :) Mipf06

Dear Dorean, I've done everything and Ican only access SL with the boot cd. I installed C2RC3 five times and every one i must restart with the power button :whistle: :censored2: . Any ideas??? Can I try with a different boot loader like empire efi?? :pirate2:

Help will be apreciated!!!! Thanks for the tuto. :) Mipf06

I Think Empire Efi Is A Great Boot Cd Has Everything You Need Plus More, Give It A Try It Should Work Just Fine