512MB 9500GS 100% Working in Snow Leopard

ptdesigner

21 posts in this topic

Hello.

Is there any possibility to get this graphic card of a laptop I will buy?

I'm asking this because i didn't see anything about GeForce 9500M GS in

the forum and it would be great if i know before buy this laptop.

By the way, the model of laptop is Asus X56SM.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

i just bought asus m50sv with nvidia geforce 9500 512mb, i tried to install the tiger/leopard.

thanx to Kabyl, the bios now is working with macos installer without cpus=2 option.

ok now here's the problem, seems that the geforce 9500 gs has no appropriate driver. I tried the NVinject installerv 4.1, after reboot, the resolution can be set to 1440x900 but all the macintosh menu at the top bar are blank. in the system profiler, the core image :hardware accelerated, quartz extreme : supported.

Then i tried another driver: nvinject/nvinject go v.0.2.1, i got the proper menu now, but in the system profiler , the quartz extreme has been disabled. i tried swith to other drivers, but still no lucks.

is anyone succeded with this asus m50sv geforce 9500 gs 512mb?

also how to fix the wifi?

btw anyone know any mac software/driver that can boost the audio performance (currently i'm using azalia driver) , something that i can use to tweak the bass, coz the audio /speaker is 'thin' , it's not like what it's named. Well it's altec , but speaker is bad for me. Anyway the quality is still better than using vista (audio is worst).

thanx

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Simple:

Installed SnowOSX

Installed NVEnabler

That's It!. No Plist editing or EFI strings. It was all automatic. :)

World of warcraft runs beautifully with maxed settings at 1x AA and low shadow quality. Hasn't dropped below 30fps

So yeah, full QE/CI and the GPU fan goes silent when OSX boots.

My GPU Device ID is: 0x0644

So now my HP a6552f is 100% working in 64-bit mode:

Asus IPIBL-LB G33 Chipset

C2Quad 2.4GHz

ALC888S Audio - Had to use the 64 bit drivers to get this working

512mb 9500GS - 100% working

4GB Ram

Aftermarket Atheros based wireless N was detected automatically

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Mrx33,

THX for your explanation.

But for me it doesn`t work.

I have 10.6.2 and a geforce 9500m GS with 512MB. (Vanilla kernel from Retail-DVD)

Q1: Do I need also to enable EFI-string or works your solution only without EFI? (I use Chameleon 2.0 RC4)

Q2: How can i get detailed device-identification? Exists a little tool for this?

TIA

• 2 months later...

hmm...

i need a little help here

i have this graphic card and i don't know how to install nvenabler, can anyone make me a guide (for dummies)

THX

GeForce 9500 GS 512mb (shows as 499mb in windows) DVI (closest to mohterboard) / VGA