ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution - How I did it

derpuma

52 posts in this topic

As i told you, you need at least a running OSX or a stick with a bootloader and some essential kexts to be able to boot... Didn't you read my first post?

Read the Tutorials here how to make a bootable OSX USB Stick. (8GB Stick) and that is the only way.

Only with SL disc you never will have success to install OSX.

Found out that I might have some USB Problems, formatting USB Sticks fails...

Maybe I need a DSDT hack to fix USB for the P6T6 WS?

How about you guys? Any Probs there? Other USB devices working good!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello

Sorry for my English I am French I followed the tuto of derpuma I installed Snow leopard in my USB Stick

And to launch Aquamacs USB-Flash Boot Loader in my USB Stick

Then I boot on my USB Stick

and my system just keeps rebooting Have you a solution?

Config

i7 920 C0 stepping

Asus P6T6 WS Revolution

2go memoire

card gtx 295

Please make it clearer where your problem is.

Does your system reboot while you are booting from USB to install OSX or is your system rebooting after it was installed from USB to HDD?

Have you trieded to boot up in Verbose mode and if yes are there errors?

If you did right all should just work out of the box without any problem...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, - sorry to be a pain but I'm new to this forum and just wanted to get all the files I needed to build my Asus P6T6 WS Revolution board, soundf, network etc ... can someone please point me inthe right direction or advise where I can get the files.. I also have a gainwood NVidivea 9800 1 gig graphics card so will need the drivers for that please. - Thanks for your assistance.

• 4 weeks later...
Update 12.29.2009

and edit Platform UUID / Package Content / info.plist

<key>PlatformUUID</key>

<string>Your UUID here</string>

Hi there. I'm working on the same MOB and had success to a point with your method... I'm a noob at this and I wanted to ask if you could elaborate or point me to a process for extracting the "Platform UUID" for my system. I've been able to get my Boot Disk UUID, but still can't find a method for the Platform UUID.

Also, what was your method to install OSX to the Blank Disk?

Thanks in advance for any advice or direction you could offer

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hey dude,

I hope you can use this info .

if you do not have a mac

go virtual---my recommend is vmware workstation 7.0

an just google mac os leo.7z

1. create a restore image form mac os disk utility form snow leop.iso to dmg

2. restore this image on sata are ide hard drive

the reasoning because you might get an error saying waiting for root device....

meaning can't find the first sata port or something like that..

to bypass this use your hard drive instead of dvd drive...

3. download 10. boot file an place it in the root of the hard drive.

4. install chameleon 2 RC3 on tne hard drive.

5.now get your driver kexts for system[asus 6T6 WS] and place them in S/L/E

6.you have to replace the files [ InstallOS.pkg ] and framework [ InstallOS ] on the hard drive restore image,the files are hidden [ just google it ]

inorder to install on hard drive partition,because it will not woke at all..

7.at boot if work hit the del key

9.run this command -v -f -s

10.hope and pray this work..

i know it sound crazy,but it work for me

ps;dford2201

let me know if it work at all

if any info is incorrect please correct me because am a newbie..

• 3 weeks later...

Just adding to this thread i just did an install

P6t6 ws revolution

I7 920

6gb ram

Ati 4870

Used an external drive to put sl disc on

Installed chameleon onto drive with sl disc restored

Added neccessary kexts to extra folder - (removed all hda kexts bc i used voodoo 2.52 installer after i installed and updated to 10.6.3)

Booted the install drive w/ acpi 2.0 and apic enabled, bios ehci handoff enabled. Storage mode is ahci. Everything else is default)

Installed osx then installed chameleon on to the drive copying the extra folder from install drive

Updated to 10.6.3 and everythings smooth so far

*****only hiccup i had was trying to get my 4870 working (graphicsenabler=yes in boot plist) without hot plugging it.. I tried a different pci-e slot (3rd) and it booted right up without hot plugging.

**I used chameleon osx installer from tonymacx86 website, i believe his rc5 build was the one i used w/ netkas 10.6 boot file

I believe i still have orange icons but havent bothered to fix it yet. :(

Btw guys plz search the forums before pming, im always ready to help bc we were all noobs once :D (still am) :D

• 3 weeks later...
Hey yes I have a solution under 64Bit ^^

I have user this kext's http://rapidshare.com/files/322654341/kexts.zip.html

* AppleHDA.kext (64 Bit)

* HDAEnabler.kext (64 Bit)

* HDEFEnabler.kext (64 Bit)

* AD2000b.kext (64 Bit)

I hope this will help you ;-)

could you upload this kexts again link doesnt work, thx

dejan

• 1 month later...

Hi all.

My first post here & first attempt at making a hackintosh... :(

I have restored a working RETAIL snow leo to an 8gb usb stick, that i have afterwards installed the usb flash bootloader, that you have linked to Der Puma.

Problem is: When i boot from this usb stick, my screen goes black and gives me the message: "Input Signal Out Of Range"!

I dont know how to fix this. Any ideas?

I am a total noob, but willing to try any advice. I REALLY would like to run os x 10.6 on my Ws Revo i7 rig. My sweet goal.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys,

I hackintoshed my HP mini 210 and am thinking about doing it on my Revo... just wondering, can I use netbookbootmaker, which installs a version of Chameleon on my Revo too? It worked really well and I like how the GUI looks the customization, in addition to the EASINESS at which I was able to make my USB bootable. I tried hackintoshing my Revo a couple years ago, and failed miserably because I was a total noob (now I still am, ut much less :( ). I believe I can get it working this time, I learned a lot from my hp mini hackintosh.

Fast responses would be awesome, thanks in advance,

Gameace

never mind... got the bootloader to work with the one supplied. Can boot into install. Gonna install tomorrow. Does anyone know what BIOS settings to change? I read a couple in an earlier post, but a little more confirmation would be nice. If I get this to work, I might make another more noob-friendly guide :(

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Below is a reply to an mail sent to me, basically outlines how I did it:

Ok, glad to help. Merry Christmas btw. Anyway, (from what I can remember) I did not use a patched DSDT or anything of the sort. What I did do was modify the com.apple.boot.plist to add arch=x86_32. (ill clarify if you need help on that. The kexts I used (installed on the usb and then thus onto the system) were (in Extensions):

AD2000b

EvOreboot

fakesmc

HDAEnabler

HDEFEnabler

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector

IOHDAFamily

NullCPUPowerManagement

PlatformUUID

And on the USB in S/L/E I have:

AppleHDA

HDAEnabler

IONetworkingFamily

RealtekR1000SL

To install chameleon I did it manually via terminal, all the other ways didn't work (on the actual machine). I believe I used some program for the USB... don't really remember.

Last, the SOUND (capitals because it took forever to get working) is done via these four kexts, and you need to install them every time you update to 10.6.4, etc. Not a hassle. They are:

AD2000b

AppleHDA

HDAEnabler

HDEFEnabler

Took forever, but it is completely stable and working, not one problem since then. Good luck :wacko:

I think that might require dsdt editing and from my own personal experience, the one here won't work. I have a P6T6, rev. 1.01, I believe, and the dsdt, as provided, only brought me trips to kernal panic land. I tried editing my own with a file acquired through an Ubuntu live cd and experienced much the same thing. Finally, I retrieved the dsdt from within OS X with DSDTEditor and my machine now boots. I'm making incremental patches, but so far I still rely on NullCPUPM and everything is working fine.

Two things I am not using are:

IONetworkingFamily

RealtekR1000SL

Itunes library sharing doesn't work without me placing en0 in promiscuous mode, but I was able to connect and install my bonjour printer without trouble.

Right now the only problem I have is periodic access of my internal optical drive. It works and mounts disc just fine, but I notice activity LED blinking periodically for a few seconds.

The number of extensions may seem excessive, but everything works pretty great for me, including my HD 4670.

If you want to use Software Update worry free, I'd recommend installing chameleon to your EFI partition. Most of the things there don't need too much attention and it removes the need to run something like [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] after every update.

I keep around a copy of the kext placed in S/L/E and just replace them after an update, run pfix and everything is golden.

What Chameleon are you using? I'd bet that if you fixed your HPET, RTC, and PX40/LPCB in your dsdt, you could just use Chameleon2 RC5 with GenerateCStates and GeneratePStates and you could dump NullCPUPM. I'm hoping I can find out if that will work before I drop $200 - 300 on a motherboard though, hehe. I'd be willing to mod one of your raw dsdt dumps if you haven't done what I listed above and give it back for you to test.

I usually do a /Extra folder and then make it invisible, with Chameleon installed to /. That's how I've done all my other machines.

Does your optical drive like time out after a period of time? I had that problem with a P6T SE, but it seemed to go away and I don't know what I did to fix it.

What Chameleon are you using? I'd bet that if you fixed your HPET, RTC, and PX40/LPCB in your dsdt, you could just use Chameleon2 RC5 with GenerateCStates and GeneratePStates and you could dump NullCPUPM. I'm hoping I can find out if that will work before I drop $200 - 300 on a motherboard though, hehe. I'd be willing to mod one of your raw dsdt dumps if you haven't done what I listed above and give it back for you to test.

I usually do a /Extra folder and then make it invisible, with Chameleon installed to /. That's how I've done all my other machines.

Does your optical drive like time out after a period of time? I had that problem with a P6T SE, but it seemed to go away and I don't know what I did to fix it.

It identifies itself as Chameleon v2.0-RC5 r501 but I believe that is the modified boot file as I distinctly recall installing boot0 and boot1h from a r587 build. I can try removing NullCPUPM as I have made some edits. I've attached both a unmodified dump of my dsdt as well as the modified one I am currently using. I believe my latest mod was to fix HDEF, but it could have been HPET. In either case, I've noticed that my system no longer appears to sleep when left to idle for a while.

Edit:

NullCPUPowerManager has been removed and everything still boots just fine. I can't say for certain if PM is functioning, but everything else appears fine.

As for my optical drive, System Profiler takes a moment to pull up the info initially. Once done, it does properly identify it as a HL-DT-ST-BD-RE GGW-H20L. The access light still continues to blink, but the drive functions otherwise. I've watched several DVDs and ripped a few cds as well. I can even mount HD and BD disc, but beyond looking at the file structure, they are pretty worthless.

P6T6_BIOS_v0803_DSDT.zip

Sweet! You probably don't need me to mod your DSDT for you then. And you probably did this, but just to double check, did you rebuild your caches after removing it?

I did, and if you want, you can mod the original DSDT and I can compare your mods to mine. I didn't mod the DSDT for HPET because the patch through DSDTEditor wants to return ATT3. I have aquamac's DSDT for the P6T7 and I checked his HPET method and it looked pretty similar to mine, but I don't know if he changed anything to get vanilla power management.

I do have c-states and p-states enabled in boot.plist, so that may explain why I no longer need nullcpupm.

But something I did has stopped the system from putting my display and system to sleep. That is why I am interested in the mods you plan to do to the DSDT. I plan on starting fresh to pinpoint which mod removes this functionality as I do recall it working when I first got my HD 4670 to work properly.

And yes, I did rebuild my caches. At least I am pretty sure pfix does and looking through the script, it would appear to be doing so.

Alright, well I'll look at it this weekend. For sleep I would see what the guys with the regular P6T series are doing. They seem to have the most advanced setup so far with the least amount of kexts. I know when I built up a P6T SE for a customer a while ago, I got sleep without sleepenabler. I just used their pre modded DSDT though to save time and never really looked at it.

• 2 weeks later...

Everything for me is working great. I don't see a reason why you wouldn't want to use the kexts I did, I am having no problems with speed or anything of the sort. As for chameleon I installed it manually (with terminal) with the newest version of chameleon straight from their site. My machine has been notable for many, many months now