Boot into single user mode, type -s at chameleon's screen

when you get into prompt, type:

mount -uw /

cd /System/Library/Extensions

rm -rf TheKextYou'veBeenTrying.kext

reboot

thx but no matter what boot i try it panics right from start

thx but no matter what boot i try it panics right from start

boot from install dvd, and right when it asks to type F8 do it (this is very quick, so u have to pay attention, and not click before)

on the prompt type: rd=disXsX where the first X is for your drive number where OsX is into. ex: if u have only one single drive then this is 0. the second X should be replaced with the partition number, ex: if u have only one partition rd=disk0s1.

Ones u get into the system, go and delete the problematic kext and then reboot without the install dvd.

hope this helps

thx for the help much appreciated.. my friend is bringing the install stuff back and well fix it then.. gonna get a copy of it put in sys this time.. but i appreciate your quick reply and help..

thx for the help much appreciated.. my friend is bringing the install stuff back and well fix it then.. gonna get a copy of it put in sys this time.. but i appreciate your quick reply and help..

no prob.

greetz

After being asked by many people, I created a V3 with the following changes:

1- Added option to install boot loader to different partitions including USB disks.

How can I select another disk?

I can't do selection, only standard installation on Macintosh HD

How come I am no longer able to right click on the package and choose "Show Package Content" in Snow Leopard?

The previous version of the installer allowed me to edit the package contents so that I could put my kexts in the extensions directory.

Works great for me! Thanks a bunch!

Asus P5K Deluxe with 10.6.3 - Everything works

I couldn't get the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to work with my system, so I used the working OSX to install using the OSInstall.mpkg. Updated with 10.6.3 combo and installed this Chameleon Installer. Works like a charm! Been waiting a while for a smooth transition to 10.6.3 on my P5K Deluxe.

I did do 1 thing different than a complete fresh install to get the HD icons to appear... the install works great with doing a fresh SL install, but I couldn't get the HD icons to appear. I found that installing Leopard first and upgrading to SL kept the icons... Me not being a programmer, I'm not sure what needs to be changed to make it work with a fresh install of SL. All works well for me though. I do have plans of buying a real mac next time around... so, all works for me now and that's what matters to me! If someone has a quick easy answer to this odd problem I am having, I wouldn't mind knowing...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hello, here are my experience, i really dont understand the bootloader stuff.

i had ideneb 10.5.8 with Chameleon 2.0 RC2 on Asus P5W.

i decided to try Hazard 10.6.2 on other partition with Chamelion 2.0 RC4 10.5 option . got kernal panic with the new 10.6.2 but 10.5.8 part was fine.

so i upped the bootloader on the 10.5.8 to RC4 by Dr Hurt and the 10.6.2 partition boots now. sooo i guess maybe there is an EFI partition too.

before installing the Dr Hurt RC4 to the 10.5.8 partition i tried installing it to the alternate partition that had the non booting 10.6.2, from 10.5.8, and installer would not let me choose that 10.6.2 partition perhaps because it was seeing the RC4 installed by the Hazard DVD. polite installer.

i will go back to the 10.6.2 and run the Dr Hurt installer there too. perhaps it will boot a bit faster :)

iDeneb 10.5.8 seems better with RC4 replacing RC2, must test further.

clearly i dont get it but perhaps the Hazard 10.6.2 installer does not change EFI and EFI based on RC2 did not get on with the DVD's RC4 on 10.6.2. polite Hazard DVD didnt mess up the original bootloader.

snow first time on P5W, great success! thank you

hello, here are my experience, i really dont understand the bootloader stuff.

i had ideneb 10.5.8 with Chameleon 2.0 RC2 on Asus P5W.

i decided to try Hazard 10.6.2 on other partition with Chamelion 2.0 RC4 10.5 option . got kernal panic with the new 10.6.2 but 10.5.8 part was fine.

so i upped the bootloader on the 10.5.8 to RC4 by Dr Hurt and the 10.6.2 partition boots now. sooo i guess maybe there is an EFI partition too.

before installing the Dr Hurt RC4 to the 10.5.8 partition i tried installing it to the alternate partition that had the non booting 10.6.2, from 10.5.8, and installer would not let me choose that 10.6.2 partition perhaps because it was seeing the RC4 installed by the Hazard DVD. polite installer.

i will go back to the 10.6.2 and run the Dr Hurt installer there too. perhaps it will boot a bit faster :rolleyes:

iDeneb 10.5.8 seems better with RC4 replacing RC2, must test further.

clearly i dont get it but perhaps the Hazard 10.6.2 installer does not change EFI and EFI based on RC2 did not get on with the DVD's RC4 on 10.6.2. polite Hazard DVD didnt mess up the original bootloader.

snow first time on P5W, great success! thank you

Also what may help your RC4 bootloader, would be the "Lizard.app" which was made for chameleon to change the com.apple.boot.plist so you can change boot times and what not.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know where the installer actually installs? The Extra folder is empty on my SL drive, although I specified to install to that partition. I'm trying to figure out what boot.plist file to edit so that I can change my default partition, but the typical System Configuration plist doesn't seem to be what Chameleon is reading from.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a perfectly working install of SL retail 10.6.4 on my P5Q-E / Q9550 machine -- all except for the fact that I can't boot from the drive yet.

I am wondering now and would really appreciate clarification - am I not supposed to install Chameleon on the same partition as the operating system? I tried this recently and not only did it not fix my boot0: error but I could no longer boot via my USB drive as OS X would hang on the Apple loader screen.

I'd installed MyHack 1.1 on the system partition as my guide had said -- no avail -- I installed Chameleon RC2 on the system drive -- no avail -- I did a manual install and went through dragging the boot file and all of the kexts into my OS drive to no avail. Finally I installed Chameleon RC5 pre12 which was when I was no longer able to boot OS X and needed to reinstall.

I've decided that as a worst case scenario I can just restore my USB drive with SL etc on it to an 8GB partition of my OS X drive and boot off that instead of my external -- but I'd really like to be able to boot from the drive itself.

Also - I tried using the Easy BCD in Windows 7 and it did not work for me.

I hate boot0: error !!!! :mellow:

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I have a perfectly working install of SL retail 10.6.4 on my P5Q-E / Q9550 machine -- all except for the fact that I can't boot from the drive yet.

I am wondering now and would really appreciate clarification - am I not supposed to install Chameleon on the same partition as the operating system? I tried this recently and not only did it not fix my boot0: error but I could no longer boot via my USB drive as OS X would hang on the Apple loader screen.

I'd installed MyHack 1.1 on the system partition as my guide had said -- no avail -- I installed Chameleon RC2 on the system drive -- no avail -- I did a manual install and went through dragging the boot file and all of the kexts into my OS drive to no avail. Finally I installed Chameleon RC5 pre12 which was when I was no longer able to boot OS X and needed to reinstall.

I've decided that as a worst case scenario I can just restore my USB drive with SL etc on it to an 8GB partition of my OS X drive and boot off that instead of my external -- but I'd really like to be able to boot from the drive itself.

Also - I tried using the Easy BCD in Windows 7 and it did not work for me.

I hate boot0: error !!!! :)

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

For anyone in a similar situation --- I created a tiny partition on my system drive and installed Chameleon RC5 onto it with all of my kexts. It now boots up. I'm not sure if I missed something but I didn't really see this information in the guides. Hope this helps anyone in a similar situation! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just install the package (V3) and at the end of installation the installer said "RUN POST INSTALL SCRIPT FOR PACKAGEROOT FAIL", now the computer dont boot MAC OSX.

My computer is Acer Aspire One, with triple boot, Chameleon start and work for Windows XP and Ubuntu, but for OSX (10.5.7 iATKOS v7) give me a panic.

Are there anything to do or I need to reinstall Chamelon RC2 from the original iATKOS v7 media?

If you need me to post more information about this problem, tell me.

Thanks,

Eduardo

V3 contains the following changes:

1- Added option to install boot loader to different partitions including USB disks.

2- Added rekursor's modified boot which allows changing the UUID. (No need for UUID.kext)

3- Added a more advanced script. Fixes many problems and errors some people had.

Use at your own risk

This is an unofficial installation package.

PLEASE don't report any problems related to the installation package to Voodoo team. The Voodoo team is responsible for the boot loader itself only.

Huge thanks to everyone who contributed to making all this possible.

Where can I find your Chameleon 2 RC5 pre8 for download?

I just install the package (V3) and at the end of installation the installer said "RUN POST INSTALL SCRIPT FOR PACKAGEROOT FAIL", now the computer dont boot MAC OSX.

My computer is Acer Aspire One, with triple boot, Chameleon start and work for Windows XP and Ubuntu, but for OSX (10.5.7 iATKOS v7) give me a panic.

Are there anything to do or I need to reinstall Chamelon RC2 from the original iATKOS v7 media?

If you need me to post more information about this problem, tell me.

Thanks,

Eduardo

I boot using Chameleon RC2 via USB and replace the boot file with RC2 version, now OSX is working so I upgrade to RC2.640 and everything is working, actually the hide partition feature is working, why? I have no idea.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...