Snow Leopard Install for Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 w/ USB 3.0

r0tt3n

138 posts in this topic

Well I have been busy with family matters :D .

I still can't get my second video card to show correct :( driving me nuts I can boot with both in a plus for dual booting. System running fine after 10.3 update. any help with video problem welcome :(

If anyone still needs any of my files shoot me a pm I'll be around.

http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/236780

Screen_shot_2010-04-11_at_10_43_34_AM.png

I've been keeping a close eye on the x58a-ud5, x58a-ud7, and the Asus P6X58D boards, waiting to see which one would be less of a hassle for SnowLeopard and have good support in the community. The ud5 seems to be a good board and has everything I need, but I just don't hear much about it. Is it fair to say that of the three boards, the x58a-ud7 is the most supported (making it worth the extra $$ to me)?

Hey guys! I'm new to this forum and I really need your help...

I have the same gigabyte x58a-ud7 motherboard with a i7 core 920 and gskill 2000mhz trident and a sata asus dvd drive.... and for the life of me I just cannot get ANY distros or any retail leopard cds to fully load as it ALWAYs just reboots the computer 10 secs after its starts to load.

I tried booting with the iatkos v7 or GigabyteCD for osx86 and they all initially load but just goes straight to reboot even if i put the commands -v or -x or cpus=1 or -s etc etc...

What am I missing here?

ALL the sata drives are set to AHCI including the sata dvd drive..... :D

Please give me some advice....

Thanks in Advance!

Ford.

What SATA ports are the boot drive and the DVD connected on? I had similar problems with the EX58-UD5 Moboard until I got the SATA cables connected correctly.

Well I got both GTX 285's to show and work ;) took some time more then I like to think about... But I now consider this a Bada$$ Mac.

All that's left to do is get 5.1 or put a sound card in but I'm going to try to get onboard to do 5.1. If I can help someone let me know.

http://www.myalbumbank.com/displayimage.php?pos=-4004

http://www.myalbumbank.com/displayimage.php?pos=-4005

http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/239699

I have been reading everything but I cant install SL on my UD7! when I create a Usb image with the kexts (that is suposed to work) my pc doesn´t boot. I get to the bootloader screen but when I choose the install partiton on my usb the screen turns black, the fan of the graphics card (HD5770) goes so fast and there any response at anytime, I must to reboot the PC... i dont know what Im doing wrong, bios settings are ok (I think, F4 Bios).

I have tried a lot of things to get it working but any bootloader with the kexts and fixes for my UD7 will work, only works if I boot from a Chameleon 2 RC4 CD but then when I install SL I cant use ethernet either sound and get a lot of KP...

Any ideas??

(Sorry for my bad english :) Im from Spain :) )

My setup: GA-EX58-UD5 with 12 GB OCZ 1600 RAM (6 sticks) - Intel i7 920 D0 CPU - EVGA Nvidia 9800GTX+ 512 video card with SATA disk and SATA DVD drive.

I ordered these parts from Newegg in July 2009 and have tried to learn from many different sites, how to load MacOS X. I have used Digital Dreamers scripting tool for getting lots of things loaded (almost) many times but nothing ever really worked well. When I finally got Snow Leopard loaded it had issues as well, so one day a few weeks ago I stumbled upon Kakewalk for Snow Leopard and I built a USB Flash drive with the Snow Leopard image and the Kakewalk kexts and let it rip.

Surprise, when the loading finished all I had to do was to remove the USb drive and reboot. Everything came up perfectly!

I am sold on this loader and it can be used on many Gigabyte boards.

http://puru.se/

My setup: GA-EX58-UD5 with 12 GB OCZ 1600 RAM (6 sticks) - Intel i7 920 D0 CPU - EVGA Nvidia 9800GTX+ 512 video card with SATA disk and SATA DVD drive.

I ordered these parts from Newegg in July 2009 and have tried to learn from many different sites, how to load MacOS X. I have used Digital Dreamers scripting tool for getting lots of things loaded (almost) many times but nothing ever really worked well. When I finally got Snow Leopard loaded it had issues as well, so one day a few weeks ago I stumbled upon Kakewalk for Snow Leopard and I built a USB Flash drive with the Snow Leopard image and the Kakewalk kexts and let it rip.

Surprise, when the loading finished all I had to do was to remove the USb drive and reboot. Everything came up perfectly!

I am sold on this loader and it can be used on many Gigabyte boards.

http://puru.se/

I have alrready try out kakewalk on cd and on usbimage but didnt worked for me... :( any ideas?

Sweet! :D Worked like a charm! Seems to give me a higher geekbench too, I'm up to 11210! :D Sleep still doesn't work though...freezes solid! :) But I'm down to 5 kexts!

Something else interesting - my CPU now shows 4GHz whereas it was reflecting 4.1GHz previously (though I boot up 4.2 in both cases)...

Thanks!

steno87 - you may also need to add a line to your com.apple.boot.plist - I'm currently using a HIS 5750 and had to add the following

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x1024x32</string>

depending on the boot method I was using in order to boot into a desired (and then only available) graphics mode. I'll probably change this to 1920x1080 as soon as my new TV arrives but am hoping apple adds some drivers in the next OSX release. If drivers aren't available soon I'll probably just get a different card so I can enable QC/QE.....

Good luck!

Also I have tried it, I can see the menu of bootloader but when I go to my dvd/usb SL install noyhing works, the screen turns off and the fan of my gigabyte 5770 begins to work fast but never do anything until I reboot the system...:)

Yep I have bios settings ok, and I have already tried to use the usb image of kext.com (all versions 1,1.2,1.3) but when I use it to boot I CAN get to the bootloader menu and then when I select my USB or mi Cd Image to install SL, the screen turns black and the graphics fan goes crazy by increasing it speed until I reboot or switch off the pc (manually, of course :D). Thanks!!

David_89 I pm'ed you a link to my extra folder and DSDT give them a try ;)

So...copy and paste and kext utilities to repair everything?

oh oh....KP version mis-match between kernel and cpu PM"@/sourcecache/xnu/xnu-1504.3.12/osfmk/i386/pmCpu.c:720

I cant boot SL now, neither with -x -s -x32 what can i do??

hoskoau.Nice setup you got there :P are you running hdmi ? I have a 55" on the way just wondering if any issues with video,

also a gulftown 6core thats going to give me some issues ,but I hope not.

So...copy and paste and kext utilities to repair everything?

oh oh....KP version mis-match between kernel and cpu PM"@/sourcecache/xnu/xnu-1504.3.12/osfmk/i386/pmCpu.c:720

I cant boot SL now, neither with -x -s -x32 what can i do??

I pretty sure that is a sleep enabler error that one I sent you was for 10.6.3