Ati

cliveren131

59 posts in this topic

ITs Working!!!!!!!

with boot netkas 10.5 published in the post below.

ATIRadeonX2000.kext

and typing "GraphicsEnabler"="yes" on the boot prompt

Function in 64 bits and 32 bits.

I need to use a dongle DVI2VGA but ok !!!

PowerColor ATI HD 4670 521 Mb DDR, dual dvi but just test a div one with dongle DIV2VGA

With QE/QI working fully and beauty!!!!!!

Thanks

I love .. love .... love yours .........

I am using retail snow updated to 10.6.2 the card (dual DVI) is working great but only with DVI2VGA, no DVI, HDMI adapters will work...how can i enable DVI2HDMI...want to use it for my HTPC to my FHD LCD...

I am using retail snow updated to 10.6.2 the card (dual DVI) is working great but only with DVI2VGA, no DVI, HDMI adapters will work...how can i enable DVI2HDMI...want to use it for my HTPC to my FHD LCD...

For HDMI try this package instead

http://rapidshare.com/files/297629498/ATI4...Netkas_Beta.zip

Contains 10.5Beta boot loader and + Netkas (modified?) kexts

Once done, try switching DVI connectors (upper/lower) to see which one works.

All above files come from this topic

http://netkas.org/?p=284

• 2 weeks later...
Ok so my HIS radeon hd4760 1 gig video card just showed up from newegg its part of thier pre-black friday deal of 64.99 a really big card, anyway plugged it in to my jetway mobo i31gm4 a real good solid board im using SL 10.6.2 it booted connected via a dvi to hdmi cable no pic at first so i ran a hdmi to hdmi cable instead and everything booted up fine i was amazed here is a screen shot

Any luck using just the DVI? Do you have a DVI monitor you can try it on? I want to use this card for my hackintosh build and i want to be sure! thanks!

Any luck using just the DVI? Do you have a DVI monitor you can try it on? I want to use this card for my hackintosh build and i want to be sure! thanks!

Only the hdmi worked for me tried using the dvi no go dvi to hdmi no go hdmi to hdmi works fine monitor shows up as 1080p display with other display options purchased two of these for both systems love the card

Same thing as everyone else here...

PowerColor Radeon HD 4670 512mb dual-DVI, dev/ven ID "0x94901002"

Works fine (QE/CI, resolutions) as long as it's plugged with a DVI2VGA adapter into either of the DVI connectors, black screen and/or display corruption directly through DVI :D

Netkas PC-EFI 10.5, GraphicsEnabler="y", 10.6.2 vanilla kexts/kernel.

I'm guessing that with Chameleon RC4 the result will be the same... so has anyone found a way to make DVI work yet? :huh:

Sapphire 4670, 512 RAM, SL 10.6.2, Vanilla kexts, PC_EFI 10.5: works brilliant through VGA as long as my dvi2vga dongle is plugged into dvi slot (it's just plugged - nothing more). I described it here.

ps. I've received great help at irc.osx86.hu #radeonhd, if any ppl from this channel is reading this: THX! :)

Only the hdmi worked for me tried using the dvi no go dvi to hdmi no go hdmi to hdmi works fine monitor shows up as 1080p display with other display options purchased two of these for both systems love the card

I have the HIS Radeon HD 4670 (Turbe IceQ) also BUT with just 512Mb GDDR3 (dual DVI out) and I can't seem to get it to work- either I get KP or total video corruption- or black screen (they just turn off).

I can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong or it my card just isn't fully/properly supported.

The fact that your HIS card works gives me some hope- at for possible updates from apple with 10.6.3 or later...

Any advice from anyone would be appreciated!

I finally got my HIS 4670 working using netkas' betabooter and kext files DVI2DVI. Thank you netkas.

EDIT: I went back and removed the the kext files and instead used the Vanilla kexts and it works so all I am using at this point is the netkas betabooter. Also I have to have my monitor plugged into the second DVI port it wouldn't work if I booted up with it plugged into the first one. So if you are getting the black screen try using the other dvi port it just might work. Also I had to boot up using the second dvi port, if I booted using the first port and then tried to move the connection to the second port I still had a black screen.

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon 4670 Series

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9490

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B7710C-176

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.318

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 60 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

I see you also have the HIS Radeon HD4670. Does yours actually have 512Mb GDDR3- I noticed that the amount of ram is not showing up correctly for some people but everything seems to be working fine. That is the same card I have but I still can't get it working... I see you also have dual-DVI out, do you have a 3rd output? Mine is S-Video...

The one difference I see is that my ROM revision is : 113-SBSK1G04-00R

I don't know if that is making the difference- I've tried doing exactly what you did without success...

Have you tried Chameleon 2 RC4 yet? How about the PC EFI 10.5 (not the betabooter)?

Your feedback would be much appreciated if you see this- thanks!

SO... I FINALLY got my hackintosh running (64 bit kernel) with my HIS ATI Radeon HD4670 512Mb (GDDR3) w/dual-DVI output graphics card recognized- with QE/CI.

Here was the "trick"/solution (or at least one of them... that works for now) AND the catch:

Dispite being dual-DVI output, I only get a picture when I have a monitor connected (via DVI-VGA) to BOTH outputs (or at least a dongle). Both of my monitors have VGA & DVI inputs, one has HDMI as in as well. That's the only way I get ANY picture (for the time being)! I'm using all vanilla kexts and Chameleon 2 RC4.

The catch is... They both display the same thing- like they're mirrored. But the computer is only recognizing one of them- so there's no option to turn off mirroring or enable another display.

But the picture is gorgeous and the card is performing beautifully. It would be real nice to have something different on each one... LOL

Any ideas? I haven't modded any of those kexts at all- so it's not like I messed something up by accident in an info.plist... I see the trend is that DVI-DVI is currently non-functional for most brands of this card. Many seem to be able to get to work leaving one port "unplugged"/empty...

Anybody get dual-monitors (extended desktop) display working with this card yet?

Which model/brand/specs? Method, tricks, etc...

THANKS!

Oh, and BTW... Once I got it working ioreg tells me I actually do have the same ROM & EFI versions as d'animal- I was getting serveral varying data when 'reading' data off the card via MS platform tools.

There's definitely something weird going on with these cards! LOL

Maybe you can try SwitchResX 4.0.3? I'm using right now but the main purpose is to make the display more crisp and clear in Analog (since I can only get output in VGA on my 4650).

Maybe you can try it because it has options on modifying and editing dual display + setting the main display (and what not) on what monitor and other stuff like that. Might be a long shot but I'm just suggesting :(

Warning: It might mess up your graphics ending up on a reinstallation - which happened to me!

Can someone else report working 4670 card (besides and including) HIS and Saphire brand?

hi to all, i finally did it Connect3D™ ATI Radeon™ HD 4670 PCI Express 512 full working rotation supported..

installed snow retail using ati 2400 hidden efi partition w latest chameleon. updated o 10.6 .2 replaced card on reboot and moving 46xx beta installer receipts &bootplist in efi .rebooted w -f all ok.. thanks to all in insanely mac.wish u the best for the new year.

post-246805-1262012925_thumb.png

post-246805-1262012972_thumb.png

That's awesome! Very Nice & congrats...

On the 24th I found an HIS ATI Radeon 4650 512Mb card on sale for $45 so I got it... I'm gonna test out using crossfire in windows 7. Anyone know if that will (not/might) work in Snow Leopard?

Either way- with two cards I'll definitely have support for both monitors.

I tried SwitchRes but it didn't help me. I don't know what the core issue was, but it will not matter once my new card arrives.

I am having halfway luck with a "MSI R4670 MD1G" (1Gb, VGA, DVI, HDMI)

Using a DVI->VGA converter everything seems OK.

I get good performance with surfaces when doing "orbit" in google sketchup,

which was my main reason to get the card.

When I connect all ports to my monitor (Syncmaster 2770hd)

that is VGA->VGA, DVI->DVI, HDMI->HDMI - I get a picture on

HDMI but it is too big, maybe the midlde 80% of the 1920x1080,

there is nothing VGA or DVI

If I use only one connection of the same kind VGA->VGA of DVI->DVI or HDMI->HDMI

there is nothing. on the monitor.

I still have a black screen after sleep, which I had using the build-in GMA950

Also I noticed that there is a 7.1 sound device on the board, it would be nice if that would

work one day, having a clean HDMI setup.

Yeah, it would be nice to be able to use the 7.1 sound device! HDMI & DVI would be great too! LOL Oh, yeah... and dual-monitor support. That's what I should've asked for Christmas!!! LOL I missed it.

Hopefully those things will be added/fixed in the upcoming 10.6.3 update...

Ok so my HIS radeon hd4760 1 gig video card just showed up from newegg its part of thier pre-black friday deal of 64.99 a really big card, anyway plugged it in to my jetway mobo i31gm4 a real good solid board im using SL 10.6.2 it booted connected via a dvi to hdmi cable no pic at first so i ran a hdmi to hdmi cable instead and everything booted up fine i was amazed here is a screen shot

I have same exect card as yours (HIS radeon hd4760 1 gb DDR3). However I can't even boot in to safe mode under 10.6.2.

Here is my question. Did you update the FakeSMC to latest before upgrading your video card? Because that's the only thing I didn't do. Other than that I have tried every possible way. I read some theads about upgrading FakeSMC solved some video card problems.

sorry for my poor english.

edit. here is my pc spec.

Q6600

ABit IP35 Pro

150 gb hdd 10k rpm

4 gb ram DDR2-800

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

After i updated the Mac from 10.6 to 10.6.2, and use the boot file from netkas EFI10.5, i was able to set my display resolution to 1440x900. I'm using the HIS R4670 512Mb. LCD is plugged with a DVI-VGA adapter. However, i don't know how to determine that CI/QE since i can not find it in the System Profiler. Please take a look at my screen shot and help me.

Thanks and Best Regards.

P.S: Sorry for my bad English since i'm Vietnamese.

post-565912-1264916866_thumb.png

The easiest way is to Press F12 or Click Dashboard (from Dock), then click the + sign on the lower left corner, then add any widget by clicking it. As soon as you clicked it and you noticed a ripple effect, you HAVE qi/ce. If you did not see any fancy effects, you don't have it.

or try this:

http://prasys.co.cc/2009/09/quartz-extreme...n-snow-leopard/

The easiest way is to Press F12 or Click Dashboard (from Dock), then click the + sign on the lower left corner, then add any widget by clicking it. As soon as you clicked it and you noticed a ripple effect, you HAVE qi/ce. If you did not see any fancy effects, you don't have it.

or try this:

http://prasys.co.cc/2009/09/quartz-extreme...n-snow-leopard/

Thank you very much for the tip to determine QE/CI working. Now i turned to a new problem that i don't know if i can post here, or i have to create new topic in another sub-forum. My problem is:

After the Snow Leopard worked fine on my desktop, i planned to install Windows 7. Yesterday, when i installed SL, i partitioned my HDD as follow (i followed the guide here in our forum):

1. 1GB HSF+ (for chameleon).

2. 40Gb HSF+ (formatted as Journaled) and installed Snow Leopard.

3. 40Gb FAT32 (will install Windows 7 here).

4. 100Gb FAT32 (will formatted as NTFS data partition to store my data).

Then i installed Snow Leopard follow this instruction. And then, i installed Chameleon to the 1GB HFS+. Finally, i installed Windows 7 to the 3rd partition (40Gb FAT32, formatted to NTFS while installing Windows 7). But now, i'm only able to boot into Windows 7. Can you please tell me what to do next to have the Dual Boot SL & Windows 7 using Chameleon?

I greatly appreciate your help.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I own an ASUS EAH4670 video card with ASUS P5Q motherboard. I updated S.L. retail from 10.6 to 10.6.2, and used the boot file from netkas EFI10.5, inserted in com.apple.Boot.plist these strings:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>y</string>

and my system recognized the graphic video card as ATI 4670 Series, but I cannot change display resolutions. I have only 1024x768 option.

I tried to install ATI4600controller.kext and ATI2000Xcontroller.kext but I had kernel panic.

What I can do to resolve this problem?

Thanks!

Tipo processore: DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E8500, 3166 MHz (9.5 x 333)

scheda madre: Asus P5Q

Chipset scheda madre: Intel Eaglelake P45

Scheda video: Adattatore video ASUS EAH4670 series (1024 MB)

Acceleratore 3D ATI Radeon HD 4670 (RV730)

Hello! I own an ASUS EAH4670 video card with ASUS P5Q motherboard. I updated S.L. retail from 10.6 to 10.6.2, and used the boot file from netkas EFI10.5, inserted in com.apple.Boot.plist these strings:

<string>y</string>

and my system recognized the graphic video card as ATI 4670 Series, but I cannot change display resolutions. I have only 1024x768 option.

I tried to install ATI4600controller.kext and ATI2000Xcontroller.kext but I had kernel panic.

Thanks!

1.) change /boot to PCEFI 10.6

2.) reinstall ATI4600 and RedeonX2000 kexts

3.) boot up with

-v -pci1 GraphicsEnabler=yes

4.) if you dont get any KP but screen stays black, plug your monitor into an other port

I suggest you start with D-Sub

pci0 is the default setting I think both at pcefi and chameleon; most mobos should therefor work without this boot option; my GA-P965-DS4 and GA-G33m-SL2 both need the pci1 toggle

Has any one managed to get dual display working ?!

If yea please post specs; i.e. bootloader and kexts and other i worth to mention

with my sapphire hd4670 512mb ultimate (hdmi, dvi, dsub) with pcefi 10.6 and vanilla kexts i have tried variuos combinations of ports and adapters, but got only mirror mode

I hope I am mistaken but I don't think anyone has ever made ATI 46xx to work in dual display in extended mode. I think I read someone/somewhere (can't remember) having success with clone but that is about it. It sounds like a framebuffer issue. You might as well wait for 10.6.3 ATI framebuffer and hope and wish that it will change how 46xx cards work in osx86.

As far as I know, clone AND extended does not work with my 4650. My friend who has a Sapphire 4670 can't make it work also (I think he can only make clone work).

<string>y</string>

Thanks!

3.) boot up with

4.) if you dont get any KP but screen stays black, plug your monitor into an other port

pci0 is the default setting I think both at pcefi and chameleon; most mobos should therefor work without this boot option; my GA-P965-DS4 and GA-G33m-SL2 both need the pci1 toggle

Has any one managed to get dual display working ?!

If yea please post specs; i.e. bootloader and kexts and other i worth to mention

with my sapphire hd4670 512mb ultimate (hdmi, dvi, dsub) with pcefi 10.6 and vanilla kexts i have tried variuos combinations of ports and adapters, but got only mirror mode

3.) boot up with

Following your suggestions, I have no KP but screen stays black forever and ever... I tried with every port in every way (to VGA with/without DVI/VGA adapter and with a second monitor to it, to DVI/VGA adapter with/without second monitor to VGA, and even with/without HDMI attached).

Any other suggestion. Thanks in advance!

Try netkas 10.5 or asereBLN 1.1.9 boot file. If it still does not work, try compiling your own boot file and change the framebuffer or your card to shrike. It might work.

Good luck.

PS: Also try, netkas betaboot file from netkas.org

Following your suggestions, I have no KP but screen stays black forever and ever... I tried with every port in every way (to VGA with/without DVI/VGA adapter and with a second monitor to it, to DVI/VGA adapter with/without second monitor to VGA, and even with/without HDMI attached).

Any other suggestion. Thanks in advance!

ok, it took a couple weekends but finally. SUCCESS!! clean install of SL with ATI HD4670.

my specs:

DG33TL Mobo

Intel Core2Quad Q9550; 4Gigs RAM

Sapphire Radeon HD4670 512MB DDR4 PCI-e

lots of SATA HDs (using all 5 slots on board plus add in Syba Sil3132 PCIe-1 card with 2 more SATA slots)

SATA CD/DVD RW

Dual boot Windows 7 & SL 10.6.2, both 64bit

A couple things I had to do:

1. Disconnect all HD's except Mac HD prior to install; connect monitor via a DVI to VGA adapter (a requirement for ATI HD4670 to work in SL 10.6.2).

2. in order to install SL had to boot with -x (safe mode) at every reboot until the last (i.e. 10.6.2 combo update installed). 10.6.2 supports ATI HD4670, previous versions of Snow do not. video card was my biggest hassle.

3. AHCI in bios, GUID when formatting HD for SL install, per your spec. (However, I installed multiple partitions on the HD to which I installed SL with no issues.)

4. SL installed from retail DVD image no problems. Ethernet was working with vanilla kexts in 10.6 (but failed once updated to 10.6.2). use USB stick to boot until you install Chameleon to the Snow Leopard partition; per above, keep safe booting until 10.6.2 is fully installed (due to ATI 4670 video card)

5. Before updating to 10.6.2, install some, not all kexts. i kept getting kernel panics and hangs with Voodoo HDA (although it worked fine in the end), and since ethernet was working in 10.6, i left those two kexts out until the end, after 10.6.2 was up and running (i had downloaded the 10.6.2 combo update in advance.) install all the rest of the kexts in not4you2's extra file for DG33TL Mobo. i installed using kext utility instead of kext helper (google it you'll find it, SL 64 bit version available). Kext helper kept hanging. kext utility does more anyway. i installed each kext one by one to be safe. Reboot from USB stick, select Snow Leopard partition, type -x and hit enter (for video card)

7. STILL IN 10.6.0 (IE BEFORE UPDATING TO 10.6.2) Install Chameleon. for ATI 4670 video card, i had to replace Chameleon boot file with Netkas' PC_EFI 10.5 boot file. google it you'll find it. to replace boot file i used a little freeware tool called "show hidden files": launch the app and click "show, " replace boot file, then click "hide" again. cool little app.

8. STILL IN 10.6.0 (IE BEFORE UPDATING TO 10.6.2) And also for the video card, edit boot.plst to include graphic enabler=yes. (path to file is: /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist); drag the file to desktop, edit using text editor, then drag pack to where it came from and replace (or rename the old file to end in .old and then just drag and drop the new file). add the following lines to boot.plst:

<string>Yes</string>

In theory Chameleon is supposed to take care of this but my card wouldn't work without this. seems to be a common problem. Fix permissions (e.g. click on kext utility).

9. Install 10.6.2 (i had downloaded it to a usb stick and placed it on the desktop). reboot with -v to check if everything is ok

10. If necessary, edit video kexts (ATI4600.kext and ATIx2000.kext) to include device id (actually a combination of device id and vendor id. my device id was 0x9490 and vendor id was 0x1002. id in video kexts was 0x94901002. it was already present in 4600.kext and in x2000.kext, although in the latter i moved it to the front of the string.) get device and vendor id's from "about this mac" graphics tab or from windows device manager. to edit video kexts: navigate to /System/Library/Extensions, right click on kext, select "show contents," double click on info.plist file inside kext (edit with texteditor) and scroll around until use see the device id's, if your device id is not there, type it in and save.

11. install ethernet kext and audio kext using kext utility

12. Reboot and admire your beautiful screen, audio, and ethernet connection!

worked fine for me but took LOTS of trial and error. all the posts in this thread really helped, so THANKS!

cheers