21 replies to this topic

bluedragon1971

bluedragon1971

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

oh, one more question...no..two!

1. can i use regular pc100 ram or do i need some special ram? because i still got 1,5GB of that from my old pc.
2. i have a G4 Single 867 at work, with 1,5GB ram...if i upgrade the dual 500 to 1,5GB, would that be comparable?

thanks a lot guys!

To answer your questions, yes (pretty much, some brands work great, some not at all), and yes (but some things will be faster on your machine, some things faster on your work computer).

A Nonny Moose

A Nonny Moose

Proud PPC User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

1. can i use regular pc100 ram or do i need some special ram? because i still got 1,5GB of that from my old pc.
2. i have a G4 Single 867 at work, with 1,5GB ram...if i upgrade the dual 500 to 1,5GB, would that be comparable?

You can use either PC-100 or PC-133 RAM in that Mac (the 133 RAM will throttle itself down).

As for getting 1.5 GB of RAM, it's up to you. 1 GB on its own seems to be the optimal amount for OS X, and Photoshop (if you use that) always benefits from more RAM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy