GA-EX58 and GA-X58A DSDT native power management modifications

d00d

1,771 posts in this topic

The install method is the same as for Sierra and of course for APFS formatted disks recognition, you have to upgrade the other disks to latest Clover with apfs.efi in /drivers and apfs64.efi in /drivers64

and also depends on wich Graphic Card you have ! For my GTX970 I had to :

With latest Clover configurator 4.52: System Parameters: NvidiaWeb:true and InjectSystem ID:true

put in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.13

-Lilu.kext

-NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

-NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext

That was all !

Your bench score is 97162

Can I know how to get it?

Its Nice.

Is the only reason you have these kext because you use MacPro6,1 SMBIOS?

With latest Clover configurator 4.52: System Parameters: NvidiaWeb:true and InjectSystem ID:true

put in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.13

-Lilu.kext

-NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

-NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext

I use MacPro5,1 for my MOBO for 4 years in SMBIOS !

Without this configuration for my GC every open window "glitches" !

Your bench score is 97162

Can I know how to get it?

Its Nice.

I used Geekbench 4.1.3  GC test

;)

Update for 17A405

post-305243-0-27534200-1508018087_thumb.png

Important Update :

With new Lilu.kext (1.20) and -NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext  (1.20) you have to eliminate  NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext !

works great with latest Nvidia Web Driver - 378.10.10.10.15.120  and CUDA 9.0.214

:yes:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I use MacPro5,1 for my MOBO for 4 years in SMBIOS !

Important Update :

With new Lilu.kext (1.20) and -NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext  (1.20) you have to eliminate  NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext !

works great with latest Nvidia Web Driver - 378.10.10.10.15.120  and CUDA 9.0.214

:yes:

I've got a GTX 970 on the way for my GA-X58A-UD5 and W3680

Do you recommend updating to 10.13 before doing a swap to the 970?

Any other tips for the leap?

I've got a GTX 970 on the way for my GA-X58A-UD5 and W3680

Do you recommend updating to 10.13 before doing a swap to the 970?

Any other tips for the leap?

If you want to try 10.13 on an SSD drive with APFS files system do a clean install !

Configuration of your Nvidia graphis card comes always after OS install.(you can physically install the card without problems)

First boot on macos 10.13 is with VESA configuration (slow windows with sometimes "window-glitches") then webdrivers install.Reboot and then eventually CUDA. (works without reboot)

Good luck ! ;)

Successfully updated to High Sierra. No problems using latest Clover, NVIDIA Web Driver, lilu.kext v1.2 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup_1.2.1 with my GTX 970, as per @ROBASEFR instructions. Only issue I encountered was my internal SATA HDDs not mounting. SunKi's AppleAHCIPort patch fixed the problem.

<dict>
	<key>Comment</key>
	<string>fix IO error ICH10 for 10.13, credit SunKi</string>
	<key>MatchOS</key>
	<string>10.13.x</string>
	<key>Disabled</key>
	<false/>
	<key>Name</key>
	<string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
	<key>Find</key>
	<data>RYX2D5XCiciD4P5mhcl4D4TSdQs=</data>
	<key>Replace</key>
	<data>iciD4P5mhckPmMFBCMyQkJCQdQs=</data>
</dict>
<dict>
	<key>Comment</key>
	<string>fix hotplug ICH10 for 10.13, credit SunKi</string>
	<key>MatchOS</key>
	<string>10.13.x</string>
	<key>Disabled</key>
	<false/>
	<key>Name</key>
	<string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
	<key>Find</key>
	<data>icglQGACAD1AIAAAdQyB4b9///+Ji1EBAAA=</data>
	<key>Replace</key>
	<data>kJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJA=</data>
</dict>

@ROBASEFR

Would you be able to share the latest HWSensors.V6.25.1426-HS ?
I can't seem to find working download on the Montreal forum.

Also, you mentioned adding profile for ITE chip - I think GA-X58A-UD5 has the same chip, could you include that edit as well?

Also, is there still need to edit info.plist to match smc-key to MP5,1?

Thanks in advance

Feel like my DSDT should start fresh

Which patches needed in Clover config if I extract clean DSDT? 

I'm X58A-UD5 2.0 with Nvidia card.

Here's most of what you should need including my config.plist, apfs.efi, a copy of the HW Monitor app, Clover Configurator and the kexts you'll need for your 970 and LAN. You'll have to edit config.plist to generate your own serial number, MLB and ROM values using Clover Configurator. No need to edit fakesmc's info.plist these days. Feel free to use the one I've included in the attachment which also includes the plugins required for HW Monitor.

You'll have to generate and patch your own DSDT. I imagine most (but probably not all) of the patches outlined in post 1 of this thread will also apply to your board.

Once you're up and running in High Sierra, install the latest version of Clover (https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/) and don't forget to copy apfs.efi to the drviers64 folder on the EFI partition of your system drive.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

10.13 X58-NVIDIA files.zip

Here's most of what you should need...
Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

:thumbsup_anim:

Thanks, I'll give it a tinker.

I decided against doing new DSDT - for the sake of time - and will just roll with the old.

What am I missing about 10.13.1 upgrade?  I download via AppStore, begin install..
I get Installing... dialog and then reboots before it completes.

I've tried booting to the Install OSX partition that was created, but that hangs up forever.

Am I supposed to place my /10.13 kexts in in folder /Other ?

What am I missing about 10.13.1 upgrade?  I download via AppStore, begin install..

I've tried booting to the Install OSX partition that was created, but that hangs up forever.

The installation completes on reboot. Just boot into your normal system partition and let it finish then install the latest NVIDIA driver and reboot again.

Your kexts should be in /Other or /10.13. Personally, I use /Other but in this case it shouldn't make any difference which you use.

Thanks guys
Plugins go inside the FSMC kext still?

And FSMC goes into /Other or instal to /S/L/E ?

Lastly - is it normal for video card fans not to be spinning at all?  They spin when BIOS boots, but after Clover and boot into OSX they never come back on.

Thanks for all your help guys

Also - is there any disadvantage to signing into App Store with legitimate credentials?

Succes here for 10.13.1 update but there where some problems to resolve before ...

post-305243-0-19036100-1509636581_thumb.png

I had recurrend KP's on 10.13 since going to Clover r4267 and latest Nvidia WebDriver-378.10.10.10.15.117

I Read on some topics there is a big problem with Clover r4267 on some configurations and morerover latest Nvidia WebDrivers don't need NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext anymore ! Good news !!

So to install 10.13.1    I changed to Clover r4243 first and downloaded latest Nvidia WebDriver-378.10.10.10.20.107 and cudadriver_9.0.222

1. Boot into 10.13  !  Clover menu with VESA config (no webdrivers)
  2. Launch macosupd10.13.1.dmg and wait finishing pre-install and wait the automatic reboot
  3. On reboot change to VESA and chose:  Boot macOS Install from "your disk name"
  4. Let finish 10.13.1 update installation
  5. Reboot !  Clover menu with VESA config  on "Your disk name"
  6. Install Nvidia WebDriver-378.10.10.10.20.107 and cudadriver_9.0.222
  7. Reboot to your "Your disk name"
  8. Done !

Good luck ;)

NB   I'll wait in the future a little bit longer before changing Clover .... :whistle:

Thanks guys

Lastly - is it normal for video card fans not to be spinning at all?  They spin when BIOS boots, but after Clover and boot into OSX they never come back on.

Also - is there any disadvantage to signing into App Store with legitimate credentials?

I hope you use the latest FakeSMC.kext !  (with Plugins inside)  HWSensors.6.26.1440.pkg.zip

I put the complete FakeSMC.kext  in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13

Why do you want to use legitimate credentials to inform Apple who you are with your Hackintosh ... B)

Do I still need to Inject Nvidia via config to run stable? Or just WebDrivers?

For me only:

(config.plist)  Clover /Systemparameters

post-305243-0-24829800-1509640037_thumb.png

I hope you use the latest FakeSMC.kext !  (with Plugins inside)  HWSensors.6.26.1440.pkg.zip

I put the complete FakeSMC.kext  in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13

Why do you want to use legitimate credentials to inform Apple who you are with your Hackintosh ... B)

Yes, that was my thought - I thought too that I had to download some specific app through app store, but i will try to source other downloads.

Any processes that LSnitch can prevent?

Yes, that was my thought - I thought too that I had to download some specific app through app store, but i will try to source other downloads.

Any processes that LSnitch can prevent?

If you cut with Littlesnitch communications with Apple, you can't use updates, iCloud and Itunes anymore ....     So use only a "Generic" Hackintosh serial !

;)

Thanks guys

Plugins go in fakesmc > contents > plugins (see fakesmc I attached in post 1659 which already includes plugins).

Re graphics card – no that's not normal.

Re Apple ID, what do you mean by legitimate credentials? An Apple ID used to make purchases on the App Store or iTunes will always be linked to a credit card in your name, so trying to mask your identity by using some anonymous email address to create your Apple ID is futile.

I’ve never had an issue signing into iCloud/App Store/iTunes. I use iMessage and FaceTime to make and receive texts and calls from my hack and iCloud Drive to sync my desktop and documents with my MacBook Pro and everything works like a charm. I’ve even had support calls with Apple (about things other than my hack, obviously) and mentioned that I have two machines and they’ve never said anything.

The one thing I never do on my hack is allow Apple and app developers to collect usage data. I think that’s the best you can do to hide the fact that you use a hackintosh.

Creating a new Apple ID to use specifically on your hack won’t do anything but compromise your experience.

I had recurrend KP's on 10.13 since going to Clover r4267 and latest Nvidia WebDriver-378.10.10.10.15.117

Clover r4268 worked for me. No KPs.

Do I still need to Inject Nvidia via config to run stable? Or just WebDrivers?

NVIDIA injection only works on older cards (8xxx, 9xxx, 2xx, 4xx, 610, and 630).

Edit: Got Vesa mode figured out.  added bootflag

nv_disable=1

Trying to figure out why my config.plist looks fine in Configurator, but when I boot it has different properties.

I have Clover installed on both EFI partition and folder -- which is preferred?  I think that might be causing issues - but config.plist is the same for them

Any other flags to be aware of when booting the Install drive?

You definitely shouldn't have it installed in both locations. Install it on EFI only, put your DSDT in ACPI/patched, your kexts in kexts/10.13 and apfs.efi in drivers64.

Recent builds of clover will auto switch to VESA mode when NVIDIA driver is outdated or not working for whatever reason, so you shouldn't need to enter the nv_disable=1 flag on boot.

Very hard to diagnose remotely. If I were you, I would create fresh 10.13.1 install media with the latest version of Clover (4268) and start again from scratch. Having Clover installed in both the root of your drive and EFI partition is a recipe for disaster.

• 2 months later...

on 10.13.2 anybody else noticed their system doesn't seem to speed step down much at all any more? on idle my cores would drop down below 2ghz, but now seem more or less permanently up at the max of 3.36ghz. although occasionally one core does drop down to 3.2 ghz the default speed.

but they never drop down below the 3.2ghz.

Hopefully not a side effect of the meltdown prevention changes in 10.13.2!

• Like 1