1471 replies to this topic

Rankrotten

Rankrotten

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Update:

I entered aschar1's i7 930 C-States and P-states into the SCOPE_PR section of my DSDT.

Updated the IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext with modified MacPro4_1 plist

Added
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>yes</string>
to com.apple.boot.plist

Smbios and fakesmc already modified to MacPro4,1 identifier.

Removed NullCPU from extra...

Now it KPs on boot when it tries to load AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

d00d

d00d

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Update:

I entered aschar1's i7 930 C-States and P-states into the SCOPE_PR section of my DSDT.

Updated the IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext with modified MacPro4_1 plist

Added
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>yes</string>
to com.apple.boot.plist

Smbios and fakesmc already modified to MacPro4,1 identifier.

If that's the only modification you've made to your DSDT, you're missing a few steps.

Rankrotten

Rankrotten

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hi d00d

I had left SleepEnabler in extra but all is fine after removal of the offending kext :(
AppleIntelPowerManagement loaded, Turbo ratios active and temps idling at 30C.

Thanks aschar1 for the 930 processor states.

MasterLen

MasterLen

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

AppleLPC.kext is not loaded. you can solve it with the correct ID in DSDT or editing the plist file in the kext.

AppleLPC.kext is already loaded!

I am using dooD's DSDT.aml
I am using native power management, without NullCPU.kext!

Any ideas guys?

elitee

elitee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Update:

I updated my DSDT with his C/P-states, and it works fine for me! Thanks aschar ;)

Edit: Did you just copy and paste from insanelymac? I often forget, but sometimes it picks up garbage, and when you tried to edit it in, you could've made a mistake?

digital_dreamer

digital_dreamer

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
d00d,
I'm not going by experience, but by comments I've run into.

Might there be any insights on Firewire in SL and how it may be fixed in DSDT? FW generally works, but those running pro audio generally have issues with FW defaulting to full-secure on boot and having audio glitches. In other cases, booting into 64-bit mode, causes System Profiler to respond: "Unable to list FireWire devices." I recommended that they check their HPET settings in the BIOS.

Some have said the FW is not getting the IRQ in DSDT. See here.

Anyhow, wonder what you may think.

best regards,
MAJ

aikidoka25

aikidoka25

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

I had to redo MacPro4_1.plist for speed step, but no other problems updating to 10.6.3.

d00d,

could you share your edited MacPro4_1.plist (for 10.6.3) ?
i would like to try and put it on my unit.

cheers

ANARCHiNTOSH

ANARCHiNTOSH

Loldermort!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

d00d,

could you share your edited MacPro4_1.plist (for 10.6.3) ?
i would like to try and put it on my unit.

cheers

there are instructions in the first post for how to edit it. its as easy as copy/paste from something,
change two words and rebuild kextcaches

For some reason Apple doesn't enable speed step in their MacPro4_1.plist, even though the hardware supports it.
Save a copy of /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext, add the PLimitDict and StepDataDict sections from /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources/MacPro3_1.plist to the same location in MacPro4_1.plist, and change the two key values from MacPro3,1 to MacPro4,1.

ive been considering making a kext to do this automaticly. like the MP41SpeedStepFix.kext but new.
does apple update the speedstep code for the 3_1.plist? and is this why you say to copy from that, rather than posting the actual code?
simple injector kexts that inject fixed code are redonkulously easy to make

d00d

d00d

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

d00d,
I'm not going by experience, but by comments I've run into.

Might there be any insights on Firewire in SL and how it may be fixed in DSDT? FW generally works, but those running pro audio generally have issues with FW defaulting to full-secure on boot and having audio glitches. In other cases, booting into 64-bit mode, causes System Profiler to respond: "Unable to list FireWire devices." I recommended that they check their HPET settings in the BIOS.

Some have said the FW is not getting the IRQ in DSDT. See here.

Anyhow, wonder what you may think.

best regards,
MAJ

I've never had FW problems, 64 bit System Profiler error, or the floating IRQ issue, but x.di has a solution a few pages back and there was a detailed discussion before that.
It may be that removing the IRQ from the PIC device prevents me from having the issue.

there are instructions in the first post for how to edit it. its as easy as copy/paste from something,
change two words and rebuild kextcaches

ive been considering making a kext to do this automaticly. like the MP41SpeedStepFix.kext but new.
does apple update the speedstep code for the 3_1.plist? and is this why you say to copy from that, rather than posting the actual code?
simple injector kexts that inject fixed code are redonkulously easy to make

Yes, Apple made changes in 10.6.3 that required a redo of MacPro4_1.plist from the updated MacPro3_1.plist's speedstep.

Here is a SSDT table from an i7-930, not overclocked, no DSDT, only fakesmc and NullCPU and Elliott's kext to prevent CMOS reset. If you still need it! Added .txt at the end of the file to upload.

thanks

Here is the Scope _PR section with C-States and P-states for a Core i7 930 (use the attached file to copy and paste from). 930 has 11 P-states (920 has 10). C-states are the same.

Processor (\_PR.CPU0, 0x00, 0x00000410, 0x06)        {            Name (_CST, Package (0x07)            {                0x06,                 Package (0x04)                {                    ResourceTemplate ()                    {                        Register (FFixedHW,                             0x01,               // Bit Width                            0x02,               // Bit Offset                            0x0000000000000000, // Address                            0x01,               // Access Size                            )                    },                     One,                     One,                     0x03E8                },                 Package (0x04)                {                    ResourceTemplate ()                    {                        Register (FFixedHW,                             0x01,               // Bit Width                            0x02,               // Bit Offset                            0x0000000000000010, // Address                            0x01,               // Access Size                            )                    },                     0x02,                     0x40,                     0x01F4                },                 Package (0x04)                {                    ResourceTemplate ()                    {                        Register (FFixedHW,                             0x01,               // Bit Width                            0x02,               // Bit Offset                            0x0000000000000020, // Address                            0x01,               // Access Size                            )                    },                     0x03,                     0x60,                     0x015E                },                 Package (0x04)                {                    ResourceTemplate ()                    {                        Register (FFixedHW,                             0x00,               // Bit Width                            0x00,               // Bit Offset                            0x0000000000000000, // Address                            ,)                    },                     One,                     One,                     0x03E8                },                 Package (0x04)                {                    ResourceTemplate ()                    {                        Register (SystemIO,                             0x08,               // Bit Width                            0x00,               // Bit Offset                            0x0000000000000414, // Address                            ,)                    },                     0x02,                     0x40,                     0x01F4                },                 Package (0x04)                {                    ResourceTemplate ()                    {                        Register (SystemIO,                             0x08,               // Bit Width                            0x00,               // Bit Offset                            0x0000000000000415, // Address                            ,)                    },                     0x03,                     0x60,                     0x015E                }            })            Name (_PCT, Package (0x02)            {                ResourceTemplate ()                {                    Register (FFixedHW,                         0x40,               // Bit Width                        0x00,               // Bit Offset                        0x0000000000000199, // Address                        ,)                },                 ResourceTemplate ()                {                    Register (FFixedHW,                         0x10,               // Bit Width                        0x00,               // Bit Offset                        0x0000000000000198, // Address                        ,)                }            })            Name (_PSS, Package (0x0B)            {                Package (0x06)                {                    0x0AEA,                     0x0001FBD0,                     0x0A,                     0x0A,                     0x16,                     0x16                },                 Package (0x06)                {                    0x0AE9,                     0x0001FBD0,                     0x0A,                     0x0A,                     0x15,                     0x15                },                 Package (0x06)                {                    0x0A64,                     0x0001A9C8,                     0x0A,                     0x0A,                     0x14,                     0x14                },                 Package (0x06)                {                    0x09DF,                     0x000186A0,                     0x0A,                     0x0A,                     0x13,                     0x13                },                 Package (0x06)                {                    0x095A,                     0x00014438,                     0x0A,                     0x0A,                     0x12,                     0x12                },                 Package (0x06)                {                    0x08D5,                     0x000128E0,                     0x0A,                     0x0A,                     0x11,                     0x11                },                 Package (0x06)                {                    0x0850,                     0xF618,                     0x0A,                     0x0A,                     0x10,                     0x10                },                 Package (0x06)                {                    0x07CB,                     0xDEA8,                     0x0A,                     0x0A,                     0x0F,                     0x0F                }, 				Package (0x06)                {                    0x0746,                     0xCB20,                     0x0A,                     0x0A,                     0x0E,                     0x0E                },                 Package (0x06)                {                    0x06C1,                     0xA7F8,                     0x0A,                     0x0A,                     0x0D,                     0x0D                },                 Package (0x06)                {                    0x063C,                     0x9C40,                     0x0A,                     0x0A,                     0x0C,                     0x0C                }            })            Method (_PPC, 0, NotSerialized)            {                Return (Zero)            }        }        Processor (\_PR.CPU1, 0x01, 0x00000410, 0x06)        {            Alias (\_PR.CPU0._CST, _CST)            Alias (\_PR.CPU0._PCT, _PCT)            Alias (\_PR.CPU0._PSS, _PSS)            Alias (\_PR.CPU0._PPC, _PPC)        }        Processor (\_PR.CPU2, 0x02, 0x00000410, 0x06)        {            Alias (\_PR.CPU0._CST, _CST)            Alias (\_PR.CPU0._PCT, _PCT)            Alias (\_PR.CPU0._PSS, _PSS)            Alias (\_PR.CPU0._PPC, _PPC)        }        Processor (\_PR.CPU3, 0x03, 0x00000410, 0x06)        {            Alias (\_PR.CPU0._CST, _CST)            Alias (\_PR.CPU0._PCT, _PCT)            Alias (\_PR.CPU0._PSS, _PSS)            Alias (\_PR.CPU0._PPC, _PPC)        }        Processor (\_PR.CPU4, 0x04, 0x00000410, 0x06)        {            Alias (\_PR.CPU0._CST, _CST)            Alias (\_PR.CPU0._PCT, _PCT)            Alias (\_PR.CPU0._PSS, _PSS)            Alias (\_PR.CPU0._PPC, _PPC)        }        Processor (\_PR.CPU5, 0x05, 0x00000410, 0x06)        {            Alias (\_PR.CPU0._CST, _CST)            Alias (\_PR.CPU0._PCT, _PCT)            Alias (\_PR.CPU0._PSS, _PSS)            Alias (\_PR.CPU0._PPC, _PPC)        }        Processor (\_PR.CPU6, 0x06, 0x00000410, 0x06)        {            Alias (\_PR.CPU0._CST, _CST)            Alias (\_PR.CPU0._PCT, _PCT)            Alias (\_PR.CPU0._PSS, _PSS)            Alias (\_PR.CPU0._PPC, _PPC)        }        Processor (\_PR.CPU7, 0x07, 0x00000410, 0x06)        {            Alias (\_PR.CPU0._CST, _CST)            Alias (\_PR.CPU0._PCT, _PCT)            Alias (\_PR.CPU0._PSS, _PSS)            Alias (\_PR.CPU0._PPC, _PPC)        }        Processor (\_PR.CPU8, 0x08, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}        Processor (\_PR.CPU9, 0x09, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}        Processor (\_PR.CPUA, 0x0A, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}        Processor (\_PR.CPUB, 0x0B, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}        Processor (\_PR.CPUC, 0x0C, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}        Processor (\_PR.CPUD, 0x0D, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}        Processor (\_PR.CPUE, 0x0E, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}        Processor (\_PR.CPUF, 0x0F, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}    }

thanks

Windows04

Windows04

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
Allright, I have been searching for this for days now, but I just can't find the answer.

I have a RAID setup (striped) consisting of 2 drives. This worked fine (with kexts in Extra folder) until I wanted to use this (primarily for the Turbo boost). When I patch my DSDT (there are no errors) and I install it to the Boot OSX drives (helper drives of my RAID) in /Extra, my system panics saying: "Unable to find driver for this platform: ACPI (1389)".

Does anybody knows how I can fix this? It seems to me that the drives from Extra are loaded (seeing at the bootloader log), but the system won't load the extensions.mkext from the Startup Cache of Snow Leopard :s...

ANARCHiNTOSH

ANARCHiNTOSH

Loldermort!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
ok d00d, i wrote a dummy injector kext thanks to this guide:
http://www.projectos...p?showtopic=798
all it is, is a legacy macpro4_1.plist that you edit from the info.plist of the kext
it goes in E/E/

please can people test if the cpu is stepping or not with my kext
im not sure how i would go about testing for something like that

i attached it, please can people test it. (it does nothing averse but i am not sure if it works)
its an alpha, but it wont harm your system - when i rebooted i got no KP.
---its only alpha because im not sure if it works.

i called it cpuimprover to indicate its general nature of not just enabling speedstepping,
(but by default speedstepping is enabled)
---if overclocking people need to alter MacPro4_1, they can just edit the kext's
info plist in /Extra/Extensions, rather than delve into S/L/E/blah/blah/blah

should be a nice way to give n00bs speedstep and a neater alternative to OC'ers swapping plists.
if it works, maybe versions of it could be preconfigured for a variety of stable OCs.

EDIT: Did not work, dummy kext cannot be applied to MacPro4_1.plist

aschar1

aschar1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
ANARCHiNTOSH Your Alpha Kext is not working for me. You can see if its working with ioregistryexplorer. Search for smc. If you have under ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin the entry CpuPlimit 0x0 it would be working. If you dont have this entry its not working.

Quote the King at projectosx: "Guess you are referring to variable p-states..
Yes on 10.6.2 they changed SMC_Platform_Plugin.kext now the config data goes to Resources instead Info.plist.
AFAIK you can not hack it like before(using dummy.kext) only way is to edit SMC_Platform_Plugin.kext Resources in /S/L/E.. or use MacPro3,1 as model name as before...
Until someone will figure out how we can set CPUPLimit to 0 w/o touching the kext.
Sorry for bad news."

You can load the whole modded ioPlatformPluginFamily.kext from /Extra/Extension. Attached is my modded kext. Put it in /Extra/Extensions and repair Permissions (run Contis pfix script)

Attached Files

MasterLen

MasterLen

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Hey guys,

I don't have this option in Energy Saver: "Start up automatically after power failure"

What can I do to have it back in Energy Saver?

Thanks

Why am I missing this?
Sleep is working without any issues!
AppleLPC.kext is loaded..deleting the com.apple.PowerManagement.plist in User/Library/preferences/SystemConfiguration doesn't work!

What can I do now?

Thanks

ANARCHiNTOSH

ANARCHiNTOSH

Loldermort!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

ANARCHiNTOSH Your Alpha Kext is not working for me. You can see if its working with ioregistryexplorer. Search for smc. If you have under ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin the entry CpuPlimit 0x0 it would be working. If you dont have this entry its not working.

Quote the King at projectosx: "Guess you are referring to variable p-states..
Yes on 10.6.2 they changed SMC_Platform_Plugin.kext now the config data goes to Resources instead Info.plist.
AFAIK you can not hack it like before(using dummy.kext) only way is to edit SMC_Platform_Plugin.kext Resources in /S/L/E.. or use MacPro3,1 as model name as before...
Until someone will figure out how we can set CPUPLimit to 0 w/o touching the kext.
Sorry for bad news."

You can load the whole modded ioPlatformPluginFamily.kext from /Extra/Extension. Attached is my modded kext. Put it in /Extra/Extensions and repair Permissions (run Contis pfix script)

ah ok, thanks for the info. so dummy kext will not work.
i believe it is still possible to enable steedstep from kext, but it would require a kext executing actual file operations.
(physically replacing MacPro4_1.plist)
this could be possible, but it requires knowledge of the coding language C, which i dont have.
probably easier just to edit plist.

BiTRiP

BiTRiP

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 308 posts
Hey Guys,

I followed this thread and did a lot of reading but I can't get a stable system when I turn on the following options in BIOS: C1E, C3/C6/C7, and EIST.
I just get spontaneous reboots without any KP.

I did try with only fakesmc, nullpowermanagment in /Extra and mkext (without dsdt.aml) but even then I get those reboots or don't get it booted because of reboots.
With the upper options in BIOS disabled all is working fine.
I also played with turbo on and off but no difference.

I just try to get a stable system, not OC'ed but with native PM. So made a good dsdt following the first post but still no luck while i'm certainly not a n00b with these things.
Just installed a very clean vanilla 10.6.3 with C2R4 loader but reboots occurs with C1E, EIST etc...

Any suggestions? I attached my default dsdt.dsl and my own patched.dsl

Thanks
BiTRiP
Attached File  DSDT_BiTRiP.zip   26.85KB   2 downloads

UPDATE: it seems I only can't turn on C1E, the rest is enabled now and stable but ofcourse I need C1E.
Why does my system not boot but reboots at loading when C1E enabled at stock speed? (i7 920)

UPDATE2: Hmm...maybe I got it some by raise my BLCK a little bit from 133 to 150. It looks like stable now :rolleyes:

morganpl

morganpl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Hello Gentlemen,
I have a question for you: if you managed to put in DSDT graphics section?
For me everything works correctly if I GraphicsEnabler = Yes in com.apple.boot.plist.
I tried to add to this section DSDT (GraphicsEnabler turned off in com.apple.boot.plist = No):

[codebox]Device (GFX) 

Name (_ADR, Zero) 
Name (_SUN, One) 
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) 

Store (Package (0x16) 

"@0,compatible", 
Buffer (0x0B) 

"NVDA,NVMac" 
}, 
"@0,device_type", 
Buffer (0x08) 

"display" 
}, 
"@0,name", 
Buffer (0x0F) 

"NVDA,Display-A" 
}, 
"@1,compatible", 
Buffer (0x0B) 

"NVDA,NVMac" 
}, 
"@1,device_type", 
Buffer (0x08) 

"display" 
}, 
"@1,name", 
Buffer (0x0F) 

"NVDA,Display-B" 
}, 
"NVCAP", 
Buffer (0x18) 

/* 0000 */ 0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00, 
/* 0008 */ 0x1C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0A, 
/* 0010 */ 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 
}, 
"VRAM,totalsize", 
Buffer (0x04) 

0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x40 
}, 
"device_type", 
Buffer (0x0C) 

"NVDA,Parent" 
}, 
"model", 
Buffer () 

"Gigabyte nVidia GeForce 9800GTX+ 1024 MB (GV-N98XPZL-1GH)" 
}, 
"rom-revision", 
Buffer () 

"F12 (62.92.59.00.10)" 

}, Local0) 
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0)) 
Return (Local0) 

}[/codebox]

The whole in PCI0 section:

[codebox]Device (PCI0)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0A03"))
Name (_ADR, 0x00)
Name (_UID, 0x01)
Name (_BBN, 0x00)
Device (GFX) 

Name (_ADR, Zero) 
............ [/codebox]

but after a reboot, the graphics are not working ....

I came back from GraphicsEnabler = Yes in com.apple.boot.plist but not deleting the section of the DSDT and this is what I received in IORegistryExplorer:
DSDT injection: Attached File  dsdt_infection.png   174.78KB   38 downloads

GraphicsEnabler: Attached File  GraphicsEnabler.png   208.66KB   33 downloads

in SystemProfiler / PCI Cards:
Attached File  sysprof.png   103.67KB   31 downloads

Question: How can I add this section to the DSDT if I do not have (I can not find) in the DSDT pci-bridge device no matter which 1,2,3 ....

Attached is also my DSDT, has anyone of you have any ideas?

Attached File  dsdt.txt   185.14KB   9 downloads

P.S. Sorry for my bad English...:(

BiTRiP

BiTRiP

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 308 posts

Hello Gentlemen,
I have a question for you: if you managed to put in DSDT graphics section?
For me everything works correctly if I GraphicsEnabler = Yes in com.apple.boot.plist.
I tried to add to this section DSDT (GraphicsEnabler turned off in com.apple.boot.plist = No):

but after a reboot, the graphics are not working ....

I came back from GraphicsEnabler = Yes in com.apple.boot.plist but not deleting the section of the DSDT and this is what I received in IORegistryExplorer:
DSDT injection: Attached File  dsdt_infection.png   174.78KB   38 downloads

GraphicsEnabler: Attached File  GraphicsEnabler.png   208.66KB   33 downloads

in SystemProfiler / PCI Cards:
Attached File  sysprof.png   103.67KB   31 downloads

Question: How can I add this section to the DSDT if I do not have (I can not find) in the DSDT pci-bridge device no matter which 1,2,3 ....

Attached is also my DSDT, has anyone of you have any ideas?

Attached File  dsdt.txt   185.14KB   9 downloads

P.S. Sorry for my bad English...:(

Try by changing the UID in Device PCI0 from 1 to 0. I had to do that too to get the graphics-enabler working.
Device (PCI0){Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0A03"))Name (_ADR, 0x00)Name (_UID, 0x01) <----- change it to 0x00Name (_BBN, 0x00)Device (GFX) { Name (_ADR, Zero) ............

BiTRiP

morganpl

morganpl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Try by changing the UID in Device PCI0 from 1 to 0. I had to do that too to get the graphics-enabler working.

Device (PCI0){Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0A03"))Name (_ADR, 0x00)Name (_UID, 0x01) <----- change it to 0x00Name (_BBN, 0x00)Device (GFX) { Name (_ADR, Zero) ............

BiTRiP

BiTRiP thanks for the tip but unfortunately after the revision of DSDT nad reboot graphic doesn't work... :P (only one resolution)

-------Edited-----------
add to not litter
added to the EFI String com.apple.coot.plist but unfortunately it also does not work. I have no idea what could be the cause. For Leopard and EFI String or DSDT Injection, everything worked smoothly ...

in.plist
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"><plist version="1.0"><dict>	<key>PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x3,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>	<dict>		<key>@0,compatible</key>		<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>		<key>@0,device_type</key>		<string>display</string>		<key>@0,name</key>		<string>NVDA,Display-A</string>		<key>@1,compatible</key>		<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>		<key>@1,device_type</key>		<string>display</string>		<key>@1,name</key>		<string>NVDA,Display-B</string>		<key>@2,#adress-cells</key>		<string>0x01000000</string>		<key>@2,#size-cells</key>		<string>0x00000000</string>		<key>@2,compatible</key>		<string>NVDA,sensor-parent</string>		<key>@2,device_type</key>		<string>NVDA,gpu-diode</string>		<key>@2,hwctrl-params-version</key>		<string>0x02000000</string>		<key>@2,hwsensor-params-version</key>		<string>0x02000000</string>		<key>@2,name</key>		<string>sensor-parent</string>		<key>@2,reg</key>		<string>0x02000000</string>		<key>NVCAP</key>		<data>		BAAAAAAAAwAMAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=		</data>		<key>NVPM</key>		<data>		AQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==		</data>		<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>		<data>		AAAAQA==		</data>		<key>device_type</key>		<string>NVDA,GeForce</string>		<key>model</key>		<string>Gigabyte nVidia GeForce 9800GTX+ 1024 MB (GV-N98XPZL-1GH)</string>		<key>name</key>		<string>NVDA,Parent</string>		<key>rom-revision</key>		<string>F12 (62.92.59.00.10)</string>	</dict></dict></plist>

and string: 
<device-properties><string>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</string>

aschar1

aschar1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
if you want to fix your gfx in your dsdt you need to edit your dsdt like this. Important is the adress Name (_ADR, 0x00030000) -this is for the gfx installed in the first slot. nvcap is for dual dvi. Change vram 0x38 = 896 ( 0x10=256, 0x20=512, 0x40=1024mb)
[codebox] Device (PCI0)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0A08"))
Name (_CID, EisaId ("PNP0A03"))
Name (_ADR, Zero)
Name (_UID, One)
Name (_BBN, Zero)
Method (SS3D, 0, NotSerialized)
{
If (LEqual (OSFL, 0x02))
{
Return (0x02)
}
Else
{
Return (0x03)
}
}

Device (PEG1)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00030000)
Device (GFX0)
{
Name (_ADR, Zero)
Name (_SUN, 0x0B)
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x1A)
{
"@0,compatible",
Buffer (0x0B)
{
"NVDA,NVMac"
},

"@0,device_type",
Buffer (0x08)
{
"display"
},

"@0,display_cfg",
Buffer (0x08)
{
0x03, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
},

"@0,name",
Buffer (0x0F)
{
"NVDA,Display-A"
},

"@1,compatible",
Buffer (0x0B)
{
"NVDA,NVMac"
},

"@1,device_type",
Buffer (0x08)
{
"display"
},

"@1,display_cfg",
Buffer (0x08)
{
0xFF, 0xFF, 0x00, 0x01
},

"@1,name",
Buffer (0x0F)
{
"NVDA,Display-B"
},

"NVCAP",
Buffer (0x14)
{
/* 0000 */ 0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00,
/* 0008 */ 0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x07,
/* 0010 */ 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},

"VRAM,totalsize",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x38
},

"device_type",
Buffer (0x0D)
{
"NVDA,GeForce"
},

"model",
Buffer (0x0D)
{
"EVGA GTX 275"
},

"rom-revision",
Buffer (0x24)
{
"nVidia GeForce GTX275 OpenGL Engine"
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
}
}

Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)[/codebox]

morganpl

morganpl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

if you want to fix your gfx in your dsdt you need to edit your dsdt like this. Important is the adress Name (_ADR, 0x00030000) -this is for the gfx installed in the first slot. nvcap is for dual dvi. Change vram 0x38 = 896 ( 0x10=256, 0x20=512, 0x40=1024mb)

aschar1 thanks for the tip, previous answer in the trash ..... (If you saw it) I apologize for my stupidity .....

My PCI0 section looks like this:
Device (PCI0)        {            Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0A08"))            Name (_CID, EisaId ("PNP0A03"))            Name (_ADR, 0x00)            Name (_UID, 0x00)            Name (_BBN, 0x00)            Method (_S3D, 0, NotSerialized)            {                If (LEqual (OSFL, 0x02))                {                    Return (0x02)                }                Else                {                    Return (0x03)                }            }            Device (PEG1)            {                Name (_ADR, 0x00030000)                Device (GFX0)                {                    Name (_ADR, Zero)                    Name (_SUN, 0x0B)                    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)                    {                        Store (Package (0x1A)                            {                                "@0,compatible",                                 Buffer (0x0B)                                {                                    "NVDA,NVMac"                                },                                 "@0,device_type",                                 Buffer (0x08)                                {                                    "display"                                },                                 "@0,display_cfg",                                 Buffer (0x08)                                {                                    0x03, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00                                },                                 "@0,name",                                 Buffer (0x0F)                                {                                    "NVDA,Display-A"                                },                                 "@1,compatible",                                 Buffer (0x0B)                                {                                    "NVDA,NVMac"                                },                                 "@1,device_type",                                 Buffer (0x08)                                {                                    "display"                                },                                 "@1,display_cfg",                                 Buffer (0x08)                                {                                    0xFF, 0xFF, 0x00, 0x01                                },                                 "@1,name",                                 Buffer (0x0F)                                {                                    "NVDA,Display-B"                                },                                 "NVCAP",                                 Buffer (0x14)                                {                                    /* 0000 */    0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00,                                     /* 0008 */    0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x07,                                     /* 0010 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                                },                                 "VRAM,totalsize",                                 Buffer (0x04)                                {                                    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x40                                },                                 "device_type",                                 Buffer (0x0D)                                {                                    "NVDA,GeForce"                                },                                 "model",                                 Buffer (0x0D)                                {                                    "Gigabyte nVidia GeForce 9800GTX+ 1024 MB (GV-N98XPZL-1GH)"                                },                                 "rom-revision",                                 Buffer (0x24)                                {                                    "F12 (62.92.59.00.10)"                                }                            }, Local0)                        DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))                        Return (Local0)                    }                }            }            Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)
It works! But one question SystemProfiler values are given incorrectly ROM Revision with commas and Slot11 .... What could be the cause?

Attached File  s1.png   98.99KB   125 downloadsAttached File  s2.png   86.19KB   102 downloads

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy