Dual Screens in SL

Bocky25

15 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how to set up dual screens in 10.6?

It won't detect my DVI screen plugged into my GeForce 7300GT 256mb.

I've briefly looked at Natit but it seems pretty old

If you have pluged in the monitors to the card should be recognized them automatically . At least i have a 9400gt with a dvi monitor and a vga monitor, and i always have the two monitors plugged into the card even if i one of them is turned off, and the desktop is always extended.

I want to do the vice versa thing, i want to have a normal desktop, but is extended even if the second monitor is turned off.

May you should add a efi string o change your kext.

Unforunately I've tried NVkush, NVinjext and Corevidia and they dont display my second monitor which is DVI (I only get VGA). They all seem to do something though because if I dont install them, the display is choppy.

May you should add a efi string o change your kext.

I've added my 7300GT EFI string to com.apple.Boot.plist do I also need to add it to the info.plist in NVkush.kext or NVinject?

I'm really sh*t at this but ive managed to put my system together but dual screen is the only thing missing so i appreciate the help!

I've added my 7300GT EFI string to com.apple.Boot.plist do I also need to add it to the info.plist in NVkush.kext or NVinject?

Don't use an Injector and a Device Properties string at the same time. Use one or the other.

It's possible you need to add your device ID to NV40somethingsomething.kext (no matter what injection method you're using).

I use NVEnabler (get it at the ProjectOSX forums), works fine. It's the only way to get working analog TV-out on OSX.

You can only have two displays running at any one time though, so you have to unplug the TV when hooking up a second PC monitor.

what are you currently using for graphics?

GeForce 7300GT 256mb

I use NVEnabler (get it at the ProjectOSX forums), works fine

I just did a clean install of SL with NVEnabler64 as my only graphics kext and same problem but found the following...

• Boot with VGA - only VGA signal
  • Boot with DVI - only DVI signal
  • Boot with VGA and DVI - only VGA signal
  • Boot with VGA then plug in DVI - VGA signal only
  • Boot with DVI then plug in VGA - Reverts to VGA signal only

It's possible you need to add your device ID to NV40somethingsomething.kext

Sorry to be a pain but do you mind elaborating on this..

Is the device ID the massive EFI string?

Where in info.plist inside the NVEnabler kext should I add this?

Thanks everyone for the help so far!

Ofcourse we need foreigners guides and try to support everything and everybody the best we can.

I have two videocards 7300 gs 512 mb working in my hack I even managed to get them to work with 64 bit Snow Leo so I can´t see why yours should´nt work too. What I did for 64 bit support was I edited the info.plist for the NVinject.kext for 64 bit to look like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>

<string>English</string>

<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>

<string>NVinject</string>

<key>CFBundleGetInfoString</key>

<string>NVinject 0.2.2, Copyright 2007 nvinject.free.fr</string>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.nvinject</string>

<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>

<string>6.0</string>

<key>CFBundleName</key>

<string>NVinject</string>

<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>

<string>KEXT</string>

<key>CFBundleSignature</key>

<string>????</string>

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>

<string>0.2.2</string>

<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>

<dict>

<key>NVinject</key>

<dict>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.nvinject</string>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>com_nvinject</string>

<key>IOMatchCategory</key>

<string>IOFramebuffer</string>

<key>IONameMatch</key>

<string>display</string>

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x000010de&0x0000ffff</string>

<key>IOProbeScore</key>

<integer>60000</integer>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOPCIDevice</string>

<key>entriesToAdd</key>

<dict>

<key>@0,compatible</key>

<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>

<key>@0,device_type</key>

<string>display</string>

<key>@0,name</key>

<string>NVDA,Display-A</string>

<key>@1,compatible</key>

<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>

<key>@1,device_type</key>

<string>display</string>

<key>@1,name</key>

<string>NVDA,Display-B</string>

<key>NVCAP</key>

<data>

BAAAAAAAAQAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=

</data>

<key>NVPM</key>

<data>

AQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==

</data>

<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>

<string>0x00000020</string>

<key>device_type</key>

<string>NVDA,Parent</string>

<key>model</key>

<string>Graphics by NVIDIA</string>

<key>name</key>

<string>display</string>

<key>rom-revision</key>

<string>NVinject 0.2.2</string>

</dict>

</dict>

</dict>

<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>

<dict>

<key>com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily</key>

<string>1.0.0b1</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.iokit</key>

<string>8.0.0b3</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.libkern</key>

<string>8.0.0b3</string>

</dict>

<key>OSBundleRequired</key>

<string>Safe Boot</string>

</dict>

</plist>

The Nvinject.kext for 32 bit looks pretty much the same but ofcourse it is for 32 bit so there is a difference. I have it uploaded here to one of my threads if you want it.

It´s the data under NVCAP you edit to get your various combinations (VGA + DVI or DVI + DVI etc etc) of ports to work and in my case it should look like this for both 64 bit and 32 bit.

<key>NVCAP</key>

<data>

BAAAAAAAAQAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=

</data>

<key>NVPM</key>

<data>

AQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==

</data>

This NVinject.kext not only works for the 7300gs 512 mb card but a few more so it might be worth while checking it out.

Good luck

still off topic - but is it just me or do all the big developments come from sites other than InsanelyMac? There is a lot of good work goes on here (virtualisation stuff in particular) but to suggest all other OSx86 sites are somehow below IM is at best laughable and at worst quite worrying.

we DONT need foreigners guides and FIRST dont give support for these things. so...

Please don't make this place worse than it already is.

You are more than welcome to forward any support questions for NVEnabler directly to me via PM.

we DONT need foreigners guides and FIRST dont give support for these things. so...

I'm sorry for say this, but i think this is a time for say it. I'm a n00b at the forum too. At least i'd installed oS X since Tiger and i always try to solve my problems by myself just reading the forum 'cause a lot of people have the same problems.But i decided to make a user because i think this is a great project and socialize with other people and try to help with foreign language (spanish) or whatever little thing that i can do would be rewarding for me.

Also sometimes we get a little bit of frustration and come here for help. Isn't easy to catch the way the forum's and thread and subforums works, even for the people that know the world of internet and is member of other forums not related to hackintosh. At least for me, at this time i yet don't understand the organization of the threads for looking similars problems.