71 replies to this topic

U.C.

U.C.

The Leopard Roars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Interests:Everything Apple, Computers, Movies
Sweeeet. So we are a elite group (3 PPL) Who have custom BIOS logo's.

Lets form a Mafia gang, do hits on ppl who dont have custim bios logos, and threaten them with dead bioses. For protection they have to give us their BIOS Roms

I am really sleepy.............

snackole

snackole

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
If there are only three of you I say bring it on sucka.

EtherealRemnant

EtherealRemnant

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
Oh man its such a sigh of relief to get rid of that nasty Biostar T-Force logo! Thanks man! This worked a charm at 800x600. I'm thinking 1024x768 would work too though because the BIOS image still has a lot of room left according to the program.

EDIT: I decided to make mine non-OSX related for now. I'm sure I'll come up with an OS X mod sometime soon too but this will do for now.

Attached Files

Antman

Antman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Yeah I was happy to change my logo on he fullscreen boot too.. this truely does give it a better look..

osxgus

osxgus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
i can't do this without the mac startup sound !! ;-)

and ofcourse i would use the classic boot logo ---> :)

cheers!

icey-ice-ice

icey-ice-ice

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
thats a sweet idea power on and bootscreen immediatley!

icey-ice-ice

icey-ice-ice

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
how the hell do i acess the files?

like download it...

Krazubu

Krazubu

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 878 posts
For people who have windows and a ASUS board, you can simply use the flash utility that allows to change the boot picture and you can even change edit sounds but I don't remember the program's name

Antman

Antman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
on my old Athlon 2200+ Asus board it let me do that.. dont know bout new boards

brockwitting

brockwitting

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 95 posts
Uhhh.. I have Win X64, so I cant run the program, can someone PLEASE do it for me? I want the apple logo, the new one... Ill attach my BIOS.

Attached Files

tha_toadman

tha_toadman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

For people who have windows and a ASUS board, you can simply use the flash utility that allows to change the boot picture and you can even change edit sounds but I don't remember the program's name

I haven't got mine yet but I'll be getting the ASUS P5LD2-VM and was totally stoked to hear that the BIOS can be flashed. I'll post my finding later once I do it.

Antman

Antman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Uhhh.. I have Win X64, so I cant run the program, can someone PLEASE do it for me? I want the apple logo, the new one... Ill attach my BIOS.

Here it is modified like mine with Apple logo like the intel macs.. Enjoy use at yer own risk though cause I cant test.. everything shows fine though.. :)

Attached Files

brockwitting

brockwitting

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 95 posts
Thanks. Uhh I bet u to it by like 6 seconds, used VMware. lol. Thanks yway for the effort

OK.. Well At first I was about to run screaming with a knife to the guy that made this post, butttt, I yanked my ram, put it back in, and now it works, WITH the Apple logo.. Add me to the awesome list!

Thanks for the great tut BTW.

So it DOES work on a DFI LanParty NF4 SLi-DR

U.C.

U.C.

The Leopard Roars

• Members
  • 2,080 posts
Sorry I didnt reply for such a long time. I thought the thread was dead. Neway great to hear that yall got Custom Logos. BTW if u need my attn coz u hosed ur bios, PM me. I hosed mine twice :). The archive link seems to be fine. If it dont work, again PM me. I will Rapidshare it.

BTW has ne one got 1024 to worl yet. Let my old A7N8XE come back from ASUS. I will give it a try then. Techinically should work.

As for start up sound, some ASUS boards support a POST Reporter, which tells you why ur system is f*cked. Anyway now when the BIOS finishes POSTing, it says a weird message. If instead of this message, you put in the Apple Sound..........Imagine the possibilities. Why cant my AMD 2100 run OSX. Startup Sound and LOGO would have been perfect. Also some guy was making a H/W based solution for that.

asap18

asap18

O RLY?

• Donators
  • 1,423 posts
I have a intel bios which comes up with a hude spash screen at the start. For some reason when I run that /d command the processor speeds up and doesnt do anything. Its a 915gag.

U.C.

U.C.

The Leopard Roars

• Members
  • 2,080 posts
What, I didnt quite get u. U need to extract the archive, and use the /d command on CBROM.exe.

CBROM215.EXE Bios.bin /D

Also do a CBROM215.EXE /? ,for help. What do u mean ur processor speeds up??

asap18

asap18

O RLY?

• Donators
  • 1,423 posts
Yeah I did that but with my .bio file from intel since they dont offer a .bin file. The fan of the proccesor speeds up while the screen just displays a blinking cursor. I know its possible on the intel bios since on my last flash they changed the logo.

ernando

ernando

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 187 posts
Dear all,
any chance of getting this mod work on AMI BIOS ?

Thanks

chucky3456

chucky3456

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
I've been looking for a few days to do it on an AMI as well, still haven't gotten anything to work (nothing to edit the BIOS, let alone flash it)

Dapper Dan

Dapper Dan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
my asus pg5d1 actually comes with a utility to make my own boot logo, gonna look for a cool apple logo and post my results

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy