[How To] Custom BIOS Logo

U.C.

72 posts in this topic

NOTE: This may cause Temp/Permanent Damage to your motherboard, if not done right

WARNING: Do this at your own risk

IDIOT ALERT: Your BIOS must support logos. If u see a nice fullscreen bootup logo, you are good to go. Also if you are not familiar with the terms - BIOS, Flash, Motherboard, Floppy, Recovery. Please DONOT procede

1) Download Archive and extract

2) Covert a suitable image to 640x480 and 256 colors. Save it as a TIFF file

3) Downlad your motherboard's BIOS

No you can't use your friends

4) Open CMD

5) Browse to where you extracted the archive

6) Place downloaded BIOS File here

7) Goto AWBM dir

8) Convert your TIFF file to AWBM Format using the tiff2awbm tool

eg: tiff2awbm logo.tiff LOGO.BMP

9) Copy LOGO.BMP to directory where the BIOS and CBROM215.EXE are

10) Now to see what all your Bios has

CBROM215.EXE Bios.bin /D

If you see something like

LOGO BitMap 7560Ch(469.51K) 039AFh(14.42K) LOGO.BMP

You are good to go.

11) Now to replace your logo

CBROM215.EXE Bios.bin /logo LOGO.BMP

It will now show a progress bar and will complete succesfully

If it shows, not enough space, your image is too complex too fit. Use another image

Also 800x600 Images can also be used, but very few and low detail images will fit into the BIOS ROM. For most images CBROM will say not enough space

This has been tested succesfully on

ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe

MSI PM8MV

Be extra careful with motherboards that donot have removable BIOS, if you screw up, you are gonna have to pay quite a bit

BTW Thats my logo, feel free to mod it

Bios_Logo_Modding.zip

post-14713-1149799920_thumb.gif

Come, isnt there any one whos tried this. I mean sure its dangerous, but hey BIOS Flashing is covered by warranty. Max even if your board is out of warranty it will cost you like 5-10 $.

I tried it, and fried my board once. Gave it to ASUS, got it back within a week. Messed it up again 5 mins after getting it back.

By then I had a recovery disk. I'll make a image of my recovery disk, if ne one messes up his BIOS.

My new MSI, I have flashed the BIOS logo like 10-20 Times. No Problems at all.

Just follow the instructions

Hope you succeed Antman. Also the Apple Logo Bootscreen is pretty less complex. Save it as a 800x600 Tiff and convert it. The AWBM will be around 469KB. Now add it to the BIOS. If it adds sucessfully, it should work 90%. If you have a spare board lying around, give 1024 a try.

ok.. it worked I managed to have it as my bootlogo but it is a little grainy.. got it workin.. I wonder if it would be cool to post modified BIOses for everyone ? I am proud of this.. thanks a lot for your guide.. you are tha man.. it adds to my Mac experience. starts to the Mac Boot Logo Screen immediatly!

The Apple Logo resized. In TIFF and AWBM Format. But before putting them in your BIOS ROM, pls rename .BMP files to LOGO.BMP

You dont wanna take a chance.

800x600 should easily go.

OSX_Logo.zip

ok.. I tried the 800x600 logo.bmp ya made and it added to the bios file just fine but gave a programming error while I was flashing which scared me for a sec but I was in Windows so I reflashed with your 640x480 logo.bmp and it worked great and that one you made does not look grainy like mine.. it is actually perfect for me.. I am happy and content! Thank you a lot for your help.. it actually rox.. BTW: if ya are trying this I highly recommend using yer windows BIOs Flash utility that comes with yer board cause if it doesnt work right ya can fix it before rebooting... unless the famous XP crashes and then ya have to resort to that backup disk ya made.. But for the record the ABit KV8 Pro MB will flash and look good with 640x480.. And Unstable Connection is tha man..

My MSI also supports a Windows Flashing. Thats what i did. I learnt after flashing my ASUS twice wrongly using floppy.

Once my VRAM was causing some prob and the second time the floppy got messed.

Neway great to hear it worked for ya.

Come on ppl stop being so chicken and try it out.

ok i just did it quick. ill wait and look at it 2moro see what i think then do all the flashing etc

what do u guys think?

i thought about adding machine spec and stuff but decided that it might look beter minimal.

hmm it didnt let me upload the tiff, so i just saved as bitmap, to show u

My motherboard is an MSI K8N NEO2 Platinum

logo.bmp

Next time, pls for gods sake and my bandwidths, upload gif or jpgs.

If your BIOS rom is 512 KB, you are good to go.

If you see a boot up logo, with stuff like ASUS Stabilty, Performance {censored}. What u waiting for man?? Flash away already!!!

BTW the logo looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Maybe I will set my Mac HDD active and put this logo on.

Now to mod the Apple boot up pic.

oh sorry about the size, yea i hav no probs about flashing it i did it to a board a long time ago, but had forgot the process, i think ill wait til 2moro tho so i can decie if i want to make a differant boot screen. feel free to use that 1 tho :blink:

btw. how do u put a pic in ur sig?

EDIT: i think ima fix the reflection of the loading "button" so that it fades out looking like the apple reflections

Yeah nice logo.. I just wanted my PC to look more like a mac when it started. I have my tower kinda hidden and it looks like I have a mac on my desk so the logo i chose werks good fer me.. but that is very nice.. Good luck on it..

Most probably. If CBROM215.EXE opens your BIOS ROM file.

Also after opening type in CBROM215.EXE Bios.bin /D

If you see something like

LOGO BitMap 7560Ch(469.51K) 039AFh(14.42K) LOGO.BMP

NOTE: It has to say LOGO Bitmap. If it does then Yes it will work. CBROM215 will not open your BIOS Rom File , if it is not supported

Sweeeet. So we are a elite group (3 PPL) Who have custom BIOS logo's.

Lets form a Mafia gang, do hits on ppl who dont have custim bios logos, and threaten them with dead bioses. For protection they have to give us their BIOS Roms

I am really sleepy.............

Oh man its such a sigh of relief to get rid of that nasty Biostar T-Force logo! Thanks man! This worked a charm at 800x600. I'm thinking 1024x768 would work too though because the BIOS image still has a lot of room left according to the program.

EDIT: I decided to make mine non-OSX related for now. I'm sure I'll come up with an OS X mod sometime soon too but this will do for now.

dragon.bmp