GMA4500 Solved Native Resolution!

djhansel

107 posts in this topic

Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but I came to understand that some programs need QE/CI to run properly.

Does any one know if I could run Ableton life and/or logic without the support of QE/CI? Cause that would be the main reason for me to instal osx.

Many thanks in advance.

Ableton live requires OpenGl to run, which can be enabled with QE/CL. In Leopard, it can be enabled using OSX86 Tools, but I don't know how to do it in Snow Leopard.

But isn't that just the problem that the 4500 still doesn't support QE/CI? From what I am understanding here is that I need QE/CI to run ableton cause only support of QE/CI can enable OpenGl?

Thanks, Monkey.

• 2 weeks later...
Here's a fix for the GMA4500, its been out there in different threats but here is what i used in my inspiron 1545 with GMA4500 dev id: 2A42.

Try it and let me know if it works. :D

Now for CI/QE is there any way to start developing a driver for this card since apple is not intending to use it in the future. I don't have any experience making drivers, but if somebody that has a little knowledge on the subject points me in the right direction I'm going to try to get it done...

There's a lot of laptops that use this card and it would be nice to have CI/QE on them.

I almost forgot.... ;)

Use the kexthelper to install the kext files and put the DSDT.aml on the root of your drive. reboot with -f flag, and you should have native resolution without any artifacts..

Thanks for your work, but after following the instruction and rebooting with -f , i am stuck on that very famous "16384 buffer header and 4096 cluster" screen. No flag combination is working for me.

Anybody here to help ? ;)

It took me quite some time to delete the previous kexts, as no flag was working, so i booted with SL DVD, and used Terminal to delete the corrupted kexts, then i installed the kext here, and waooo, i on my desired resolution, but still missing QE, hope some genius comes with a solution to that also.

BTW here is the link that helped me install the kext

X4500 Working Kext

Here's a fix for the GMA4500, its been out there in different threats but here is what i used in my inspiron 1545 with GMA4500 dev id: 2A42.

Try it and let me know if it works. :D

Now for CI/QE is there any way to start developing a driver for this card since apple is not intending to use it in the future. I don't have any experience making drivers, but if somebody that has a little knowledge on the subject points me in the right direction I'm going to try to get it done...

There's a lot of laptops that use this card and it would be nice to have CI/QE on them.

I almost forgot.... ;)

Use the kexthelper to install the kext files and put the DSDT.aml on the root of your drive. reboot with -f flag, and you should have native resolution without any artifacts..

The driver works great generally on 10.6.2 on my Inspiron 1545 - thanks a lot!

I only have one problem:

Each 2nd or 3rd reboot I get a "broken" picture and freeze just before the desktop's loaded and then I have to poweroff my notebook and reboot again. Couldn't find any solution for this, yet.

• 1 month later...

Try it and let me know if it works. :)

I almost forgot.... :D

thx man this relieved alot of stress for installing this driver. :D:D :censored2:

The kext works, but I get the same result as I have with other kexts, the screen is purple, and looks garbled.

Dunno how to explain it.

0x2a42, Dell Studio 1737 with Intel 4500MHD Video.

Anyone going to help, would be nice not to have artifacts and the purple overlay.

I should also note that it displays fine on external displays, just the internal one that is giving me issues.

I've looked at all possible outcomes for this kext, InsanelyMac has posted a few variations of the same kext, and none of them have done me any good. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be nice.

The resolution works, but I get a very horrible looking render with lines going up and down, and a purple shade over it all. It's hard to explain.

I've also tried the Chameleon 915resolution patch, which honestly makes no difference to me.

Dell Studio 1737 Specs:

Processor Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 @ 2.00GHz

RAM: 4GB DDR2 RAM

Display: 17" LED Widescreen Display

Graphics: Intel Graphics 4500MHD 1.7GB VRAM with VGA and HDMI (DevID: 0x2a42)

Hard Disk: Western Digital WD3200BEVT-75ZCT2 320GB

Network: Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Mbps

Wireless: Dell 1510 Wireless-N Draft 2

Sound: IDT HD-Audio and Intel HDMI Audio

CD/DVD: TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-T633A

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.2 (Retail)

Hi Guys,

Im using an Acer eMachine 725 and I somehow managed to get it installed and a few device working.

but the graphics is still stuck with 1024*768 resolution. I downloaded the modified x3100 kexts to work on x4500 but after the machine restarts,it goes through the spinning wheel and just before the login screen the backlight turns off.I used a torch and found the resolution is 1366*768 which means the resolution is fine.Tried many many things to get the backlight on but no go.

Now,the picture is clear...is ther anyone with the same problem?or is ther anyone with a solution?I am not that good with programming,so i would request for any modified kexts or any small changes that could be made to get it working.I don need any QE support or so,just my native resolution is what I would like to have.

Please help me and thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Guys,

Im using an Acer eMachine 725 and I somehow managed to get it installed and a few device working.

but the graphics is still stuck with 1024*768 resolution. I downloaded the modified x3100 kexts to work on x4500 but after the machine restarts,it goes through the spinning wheel and just before the login screen the backlight turns off.I used a torch and found the resolution is 1366*768 which means the resolution is fine.Tried many many things to get the backlight on but no go.

Now,the picture is clear...is ther anyone with the same problem?or is ther anyone with a solution?I am not that good with programming,so i would request for any modified kexts or any small changes that could be made to get it working.I don need any QE support or so,just my native resolution is what I would like to have.

Please help me and thanks in advance

http://deviato.wordpress.com/2010/02/24/ch...-gma-version-2/

Try it and let me know if it works. :unsure:

I almost forgot.... :censored2:

i did everything you said, and when i reboot....chan! i cant see the desktop.

Hi Guys,

Can you post a link to any tutorial to install SL on the e 725 ? I tried the retail SL method w/ boot321. It installed but booted with KP and could not proceed further.

Thanks in advance.

For Snow Leopard use EmpireEFI :(

I made more progress using EmpireEFI; thanks !

I used the Empireefi boot disk to boot. Change to retail SL to install. Reboot into Empireefi, install myhack and add voodoops2controller.kext. Updated Chameleon2RC3 to Chameleon2RC4. Copy over the modified Chameleon2RC4 from Deviato. Edited the plist to 1366x768 resolution.

Reboot and I got 1366x768 resolution. USB mouse works fine. Keyboard works.

Doesn't work: ethernet, wifi, sound, trackpad, screen saver; machine froze up after 2+ hrs of inactivity.

I have the following extensions:

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

Attansic1@Ethernet.kext

fakemc.kext

FramebufferDisabler.kext

LegacyAppleRTC_32bits_Only.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

Platform UUID.kext

voodooPS2Controller.kext

I plan to use kext helper to add ApplePS2trackpad.kext, hoping to get the trackpad to work.

I welcome pointers and suggestions.

Regards

i get a panic after installing this kext, need to reinstall the whole OS. I cant do anything. Or is there a way to remove the kext @ startup.

Try "-x" boot flag (without the quotes) this should start the OS in Safe mode, bypassing most of the drivers. It should get you to a useable desktop and you can delete the errant kext.

Hi,

I also have the same issue as Sevan...the resolution works 1600x900 but the screen is PURPLE??

Toshiba L550-15F 17.3" (2a42)

Any ideas?

Thanks,

go to monitor preferences and set a colour policy different from the one in use.. it solves well the issue  :)

go to monitor preferences and set a colour policy different from the one in use.. it solves well the issue  :wacko:

Hi,

I don't quite understand what U mean...purple screen with some stripes, the letters are illegible and the display driver is recognised as X3100.

Preferences - Display - Color - ?? (Open Profile) Calibrate or something else?

Regards,