GMA4500 Solved Native Resolution!

djhansel

107 posts in this topic

but where is the "root", sr for being such noob .

The root directory is the partition where is installed your Mac OS X. Like C:/ at Windows for example...in the Mac is "/". Ask this things as personal msg please. The topic is for Intel Graphics only :(

Please help, I did everything that you instructed and now Leopard won't start up anymore. I get to the grey screen with the apple logo but there is no spinning wheel at the bottom.

I am running iatkos v7

verbose mode says that i encountered an error during startup

I'm running a hp pavilion dv4t 1430us

Please help, I did everything that you instructed and now Leopard won't start up anymore. I get to the grey screen with the apple logo but there is no spinning wheel at the bottom.

I am running iatkos v7

verbose mode says that i encountered an error during startup

I'm running a hp pavilion dv4t 1430us

Try with cpus=1 AND my experience says: DO NOT USE this DSDT.aml files if u don`t want crashes!!! Run some DSDT patcher because every DSDT is an invidual for every PC configuration.

Try with cpus=1 AND my experience says: DO NOT USE this DSDT.aml files if u don`t want crashes!!! Run some DSDT patcher because every DSDT is an invidual for every PC configuration.

Thanks for the quick response however I used the other method to get native res(using terminal) posted on this forum and it worked for me.

works on my snow leopard :)... was giving me a black an brown screen sumtimes nut i fixed that by addind the boot flag "Graphics More"="1280x800x32" to the boot.plist.. thanks

Graphic More or graphic Mode?how u do that to fix black scrren??

help me...same problem :)

• 2 weeks later...

GMA4500_Native_Resolution.zip Finally i got leopard installed on DELL 1545.

running nicely.

THNx for the guide ,

thnx insanelymac.:-)

And how can we patch it?

No need to patch this file, this is already patched.

just install the both the kexts using kext helper and put dsdt.aml in your root .

Then reboot.

copying dsdt.aml in your root may be difficult.

To do this:

view hidden files in root delete DSDT.aml from there and then copy dsdt.aml (downloaded) to thr root.

This is only for the pcs having Deivce Id 0X2a42.

DO post ur comments of success.

Hi all...im have new experience to tell...im using a boot file + theme plist...that give me a native resolution without any kexts modified...once im get native resolution with this kexts...but now, this boot file work's fine with my Ideneb 10.5.8 and Snow Leopard...just replace this on your boot drive.

Works in GUI and MBR.

For EFI partition, dont forget to use this commands on Terminal

Open Terminal and type:

sudo -s

your password

enter

fsck_hfs /dev/disk0s1   (*disk0s1 in general is EFI partition boot, if you not know, type diskutil list and you will see what is your EFI partition).

enter

mkdir /Volumes/EFI

enter

mount_hfs /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI

enter

Killall Finder

enter

**EFI shows up...

Replace your boot file for this posted + theme in extra folder with theme plist...(theme is Silver...very nice!!)

Reboot and enjoy it!!!

If you use only a simple partition like MBR (for exemple, Chameleon 2 RC3), just replace a boot file + extra folder with theme + theme plist...

Dont forget to replace yours kexts if you using some on boot...check first!!!

Im have my native resolution with GMA 4500 intel graphic card without any kexts...just do it!!!

Works in Snow and iDeneb...my laptop is SONY VAIO VGN-NS150AE...

*** Warning if you dont know what you do....take a risk!!!

BOOT_MAX___FAZ_CORRETO_DUAL_BOOT___SNOW_MAC_EFI.zip

Hi all...im have new experience to tell...im using a boot file + theme plist...that give me a native resolution without any kexts modified...once im get native resolution with this kexts...but now, this boot file work's fine with my Ideneb 10.5.8 and Snow Leopard...just replace this on your boot drive.

Works in GUI and MBR.

For EFI partition, dont forget to use this commands on Terminal

Open Terminal and type:

sudo -s

your password

enter

fsck_hfs /dev/disk0s1 (*disk0s1 in general is EFI partition boot, if you not know, type diskutil list and you will see what is your EFI partition).

enter

mkdir /Volumes/EFI

enter

mount_hfs /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI

enter

Killall Finder

enter

**EFI shows up...

Replace your boot file for this posted + theme in extra folder with theme plist...(theme is Silver...very nice!!)

Reboot and enjoy it!!!

If you use only a simple partition like MBR (for exemple, Chameleon 2 RC3), just replace a boot file + extra folder with theme + theme plist...

Dont forget to replace yours kexts if you using some on boot...check first!!!

Im have my native resolution with GMA 4500 intel graphic card without any kexts...just do it!!!

Works in Snow and iDeneb...my laptop is SONY VAIO VGN-NS150AE...

*** Warning if you dont know what you do....take a risk!!!

Gr8.

Can you please explain how it works.

HI shikhar623....

It works for you my friend?

Im ask because im get for acident this files, when im try install Snow Leopard, after several crashes...

Well, im not advanced user, just im find a away to put on works without kexts...

Im realy believe that is because plist theme have resolutions fixes, and im my case, work like a charm on my intel gma 4500...

Please, tell me if you try put this files on your boot partition...

I hope help some way...

Sorry my bad english...

Best Regards