• Please log in to reply
1907 replies to this topic

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Do you see cst info in IO register? I've noticed that when we don't have this the processor runs 10C hotter

You either want CSTInfo (Number:0x1140105) and/or CStateOverride (Boolean:true) I have both BTW.
Wasn't there someone with a different value for CSTInfo in the DSDT - Vanilla SpeedStep thread?

Edit: Blimey. This isn't even the DSDT - Vanilla SpeedStep thread. Let's continue it there!

is the c-state call on CPU core No:2

{                    Or (TBLD, 0x03, TBLD) // Setting bit 0 & 1 (simulating a CST table load).                    Load (STBL, HNDL)                }

processor specific ??

D.

On all but the first Processor definition block yes. And TLBD is only used to keep track of table loading. To prevent it from reloading the tables. Noting more. It has nothing to do with the processor type.

What the hell. Since when did this became: "GA-EP35-DS3L - Vanilla Speedstepping, To get sleep working with Vanilla speedstepping"? The idea was to help people fix their DSDT, yes, but nothing about speedstep because we already have a good going thread for this. This way I keep losing track of everything.

I am out of here, until this get fixed!

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Edit: Blimey. This isn't even the DSDT - Vanilla SpeedStep thread. Let's continue it there!
but let's continue this in your thread.

Shout me down if you will - but I don't see the point of splitting the original thread ASUS/GigaByte

iSoprano

iSoprano

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

You either want CSTInfo (Number:0x1140105) and/or CStateOverride (Boolean:true) I have both BTW.
Wasn't there someone with a different value for CSTInfo in the DSDT - Vanilla SpeedStep thread?

On all but the first Processor definition block yes. And TLBD is only used to keep track of table loading. To prevent it from reloading the tables. Noting more. It has nothing to do with the processor type.

What the hell. Since when did this became: "GA-EP35-DS3L - Vanilla Speedstepping, To get sleep working with Vanilla speedstepping"? The idea was to help people fix their DSDT, yes, but nothing about speedstep because we already have a good going thread for this. This way I keep losing track of everything.

I am out of here, until this get fixed!

Chief, you are right, will modify the thread name to DSDT fixes for Gigabyte boards

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Shout me down if you will - but I don't see the point of splitting the original thread ASUS/GigaByte

I won't. No need for shouting. It's just that splitting it up this way makes it easier to maintain for me, and easier to understand for newcomers. But what exactly is it that makes you unhappy?

System overload? Meltdown? I mean, please remember that I do everything, for free, next to my day job and that I do happen to have a great family and social life. And thus I need all the help I can get to help you and other people here. Yes I am a little control freak, I'll admit that here, but it is getting insanely busy here. That's why I need to control stuff a little :)

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • 1,626 posts

But what exactly is it that makes you unhappy?

where do I start - i can whinge for england! :)

seriously - nothing here!

"DSDT fixes for Gigabyte boards" does it for me

System overload? Meltdown? I mean, please remember that I do everything, for free, next to my day job and that I do happen to have a great family and social life. And thus I need all the help I can get to help you and other people here. Yes I am a little control freak, I'll admit that here, but it is getting insanely busy here. That's why I need to control stuff a little :D

dude - a lot of people have put a lot of FREE work into this forum.
Your work is very much appreciated (as is everybody elses) and is very fresh.

Don't burn yourself out over it! :)

mm67

mm67

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Great. Nice work.

That's a good start. I however fail to see any logic in using the wrong device name, and then having to set device_type to "EHCI". Yes, you might need to change the device_id but that's about it.

According to Intel ICH10 datasheet I have 6+1 Uhci devices and 2 Ehci devices, don't know about ICH9.

The reason is pretty obvious; the PSS object data in the BIOS is usually way overpowered. Giving it less juice makes it life longer. I'll let people decide what they want to use, but I think to know the answer already.

That is right, handmade PSS table works a little bit cooler, but then again that is not universal.

yeehaa

yeehaa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

I don't see the point in running 2 DSDT speedstepping threads.

Post moved: http://www.insanelym...p;#entry1301888

D.

but the other thread is for Cstates, right? :)
and this one all things gigabyte.

keeza

keeza

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Just a quick question,

The USB fix metioned at the outset of this thread adds info to the USB devices and to the EHCI device.

I had read previously that EP45 boards only require EHCI devices to be fixed whereas EP35 boards require the method added to the USB devices.

Presently, sleep works fine (manual) and usb device removal error has been fixed. Only thing that I've noticed is that my mouse doesn't wake my computer from sleep when connected to my cinema display's usb hub. When connected to the motherboard it wakes fine.

Should I fix it if it ain't broke or am I missing something?

Attached is my current dsdt.

Attached Files

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

where do I start - i can whinge for england! ;)
seriously - nothing here!
"DSDT fixes for Gigabyte boards" does it for me

dude - a lot of people have put a lot of FREE work into this forum.
Your work is very much appreciated (as is everybody elses) and is very fresh.

Don't burn yourself out over it! :)

Trust me I won't. And that is why I want a little control over things ;)

mm67

mm67

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Just a quick question,

The USB fix metioned at the outset of this thread adds info to the USB devices and to the EHCI device.

I had read previously that EP45 boards only require EHCI devices to be fixed whereas EP35 boards require the method added to the USB devices.

Presently, sleep works fine (manual) and usb device removal error has been fixed. Only thing that I've noticed is that my mouse doesn't wake my computer from sleep when connected to my cinema display's usb hub. When connected to the motherboard it wakes fine.

I don't see any new functionality with this usb fix, both work just the same for me.

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • 1,626 posts

Just a quick question,

with ICH9 (P35) I've had to give my USB devices the device id for ICH10 (P45)
you should only need to add/ edit the EHCI part so they are shown as internal in system profiler - as apposed to 'expansion slot'

D.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

According to Intel ICH10 datasheet I have 6+1 Uhci devices and 2 Ehci devices, don't know about ICH9.

But of course. The ICH9 has also two EHCI controllers, but in a MacPro3,1 one is named UHCI That's why I use this name, because one of my goals is to get my DSDT as close as possible to a MacPro3,1

That is right, handmade PSS table works a little bit cooler, but then again that is not universal.

Unfortunately not no, but then again almost nothing is (take a look at P35/P45 boards for example).

I don't see any new functionality with this usb fix, both work just the same for me.

But then again... nobody here said anything about adding feature/functionality.

Just a quick question,

Try it and be surprised – I have my mouse receiver connected to the hub and wakeup works with the mouse.

mm67

mm67

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

But of course. The ICH9 has also two EHCI controllers, but in a MacPro3,1 one is named UHCI That's why I use this name, because one of my goals is to get my DSDT as close as possible to a MacPro3,1

Unfortunately not no, but then again almost nothing is (take a look at P35/P45 boards for example).

But then again... nobody here said anything about adding feature/functionality.

Try it and be surprised €“ I have my mouse receiver connected to the hub and wakeup works with the mouse.

Ok, now I understand more about Your goals.
Care to explain how this works, Your cst has C1 like this:

ResourceTemplate ()                            {                                Register (FFixedHW,                                     0x01,               // Bit Width                                    0x02,               // Bit Offset                                    0x0000000000000000, // Address                                    0x01,               // Access Size                                    )                            },                            One,                             One,                             0x03E8

and Gigabyte vanilla cst has it like this:
ResourceTemplate ()                        {                            Register (FFixedHW,                                 0x00,               // Bit Width                                0x00,               // Bit Offset                                0x0000000000000000, // Address                                ,)                        },                         0x01,                         0x01,                         0x03E8

That bit width and bit offset are the only thing that prevents me from loading vanilla cst tables. How and where are these checked ? And is there anyway to make this check ignore Gigabytes badly written cst.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Ok, now I understand more about Your goals. Care to explain how this works, Your cst has C1 like this:...

I've read Your post twice now, and can't stop thinking about the funny way of writing You and Your in the middle of a line. Just weird. Don't You agree?

But seriously now; your SSDT includes four IST and four CST tables. Why don't you use these, instead of trying to add other peoples stuff? Maybe it is just me failing to see the logic here, but then again maybe you can help me understand it by attaching your ACPIdump and all tables.. including the original DSDT. Thanks.

p.s. Sorry, but I cannot answer your question (confidential information from Intel).

mm67

mm67

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

I've read Your post twice now, and can't stop thinking about the funny way of writing You and Your in the middle of a line. Just weird. Don't You agree?

But seriously now; your SSDT includes four IST and four CST tables. Why don't you use these, instead of trying to add other peoples stuff? Maybe it is just me failing to see the logic here, but then again maybe you can help me understand it by attaching your ACPIdump and all tables.. including the original DSDT. Thanks.

p.s. Sorry, but I cannot answer your question (confidential information from Intel).

English is not my native language...Let's see how you write finnish :( But anyway here is my original acpidump.
Attached File  ACPI_Tables.zip   13.62KB   34 downloads

I am using original ist tables but Gigabyte cst tables are buggy. What I want to know is if
there is some way to ignore this, like Linux and Windows seem to do.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

English is not my native language...Let's see how you write finnish ;) But anyway here is my original acpidump.
Attached File  ACPI_Tables.zip   13.62KB   34 downloads

That would be something eh: Kiitos kohteliaisuus mutta koska en ole englanti

I am using original ist tables but Gigabyte cst tables are buggy.

How come? What is the problem?

What I want to know is if there is some way to ignore this, like Linux and Windows seem to do.

Use 0x40383E2 instead of 0x40383F2 for CFGD which invalidates If (And (CFGD, 0x10)) and thus the tables won't load. Or use a customized SSDT object in your DSDT.

mm67

mm67

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

That would be something eh: Kiitos kohteliaisuus mutta koska en ole englanti

How come? What is the problem?

Use 0x40383E2 instead of 0x40383F2 for CFGD which invalidates If (And (CFGD, 0x10)) and thus the tables won't load. Or use a customized SSDT object in your DSDT.

That's just what I do now, I mean i have removed the lines to load original cst tables and use customized object instead. What I want to do is use 0x4048352 and load the vanilla cst tables. Now that is impossible because of those two lines in Gigabytes cst.

Yes, that is some finnish words in a very strange order :angel:

milanca

milanca

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
@iSoprano,

for testing, will you remove your gfx part from your dsdt and boot SL in vesa mode. If USBs are fixed and the system goes to sleep and wakes up, it seems that broken sleep is caused by gfx.

iSoprano

iSoprano

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

@iSoprano,

for testing, will you remove your gfx part from your dsdt and boot SL in vesa mode. If USBs are fixed and the system goes to sleep and wakes up, it seems that broken sleep is caused by gfx.

Sleep doesn't work for me when I use MacPro3,1 CST tables. The monitor switches off but the cpu fan keeps spinning..... The trade off is CPU runs around 35-40C. If I don't use MP3,1 tables then I get sleep back but cpu runs 10C hotter around 50C.

I hope someone could give me solution for fixing my CPU fan....so that I could keep the MP3,1 tables

xopher

xopher

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Sleep doesn't work for me when I use MacPro3,1 CST tables. The monitor switches off but the cpu fan keeps spinning..... The trade off is CPU runs around 35-40C. If I don't use MP3,1 tables then I get sleep back but cpu runs 10C hotter around 50C.

I hope someone could give me solution for fixing my CPU fan....so that I could keep the MP3,1 tables

The DS4 doesn't give you cst-tables while dumping DSDT? I got the ud3r, and I get cst-tables.. But only if I run ACPI-dump in linux. Haven't tried Everest in Windows yet, but that'll probably have the same outcome. (I don't have a windows livecd around..)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy