Universal Requests?

ptaylor

228 posts in this topic

Anyone have a particular Universal binary you'd like to see? I think I'll have a bit of time tomorrow to "play" and thought perhaps I can come up with something that will be useful.

Please, don't suggest things that aren't open-source... :)

I can't make any promises, but I've been pretty successful with my first two - Chicken of the VNC and Shiira.

Paul

Anyone have a particular Universal binary you'd like to see?  I think I'll have a bit of time tomorrow to "play" and thought perhaps I can come up with something that will be useful.

Please, don't suggest things that aren't open-source... :)

I can't make any promises, but I've been pretty successful with my first two - Chicken of the VNC and Shiira.

Paul

DesktopManager please! I couldn't get it to compile on DarwinPorts and I know someone has made an x86 version of it but I can't find it anywhere...all the sites are down. If you could make that it would be super :)

VideoLan with "no video acceleration support"

like this Mplayer on this thread: http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=764

If someone have this mplayer, please share with us

Also: Daily CVS AdiumX

There is a lamer0 compilation, but still unstable, maybe if you can help him on a full stable version.. hum?

A working Themechanger would be great too :)

er.. just it :P

I would very much like fire

http://fire.sourceforge.net/

and folder player

http://www.discosw.net/folderplayer.html

although i'm not sure if it's open-source...

They haven't released source (on their sourceforge site, at least) for 1.5.3... Only 1.5.1 and older... 1.5.1 from Jan of this year... If I remember right, Fire had an issue with Tiger when it was released, so building 1.5.1 probably wouldn't be terribly useful...

If you can find 1.5.3 source, link it here.

DesktopManager please! I couldn't get it to compile on DarwinPorts and I know someone has made an x86 version of it but I can't find it anywhere...all the sites are down. If you could make that it would be super :P

When I compile DesktopManager for PPC, it appears to complete without error, but when I compile for Intel or Universal, I get several errors related to "PPC_THREAD_STATE"...

Sorry... but it looks like some code changes are required to get this to work on Intel...

Paul

VideoLan with "no video acceleration support"

like this Mplayer on this thread: http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=764

If someone have this mplayer, please share with us

Also: Daily CVS AdiumX

There is a lamer0 compilation, but still unstable, maybe if you can help him on a full stable version.. hum?

A working Themechanger would be great too :)

er.. just it :P

I think the VideoLan and Mplayer ports are a bit over my head...

I can try to get a more updated AdiumX port tomorrow sometime.

I quickly downloaded and compiled ThemeChanger as a Universal... I'm not really that familiar with it, so I didn't really try it out, other than to see if it would execute... It's attached. Let me know if you have trouble with it, or if it works, or whatever...

Paul

ThemeChanger.zip

I think the VideoLan and Mplayer ports are a bit over my head... 

I can try to get a more updated AdiumX port tomorrow sometime.

I quickly downloaded and compiled ThemeChanger as a Universal...  I'm not really that familiar with it, so I didn't really try it out, other than to see if it would execute...  It's attached.  Let me know if you have trouble with it, or if it works, or whatever...

Paul

Ok ptaylor

I will test now your themechanger compilation, i have success to manage some installable skins here, well not a really success, lets see what we can do with this new on :P

thanks advice!

Ok ptaylor

I will test now your themechanger compilation, i have success to manage some installable skins here, well not a really success, lets see what we can do with this new on :P

thanks advice!

Good luck... I've never really messed around with various Themes on Mac OS, as I'm generally pretty happy with the default look and feel of it, but looking at some of those theme sites is making me wonder if I shouldn't start looking into it a bit more.. :)

BTW, when I executed it on my machine, it was on my PPC Mac, and it did start up just fine. Let me know how the Intel side works out.

WOOOOOOT

your finnest hot compilation is the first one working here

imagem10md.th.png

it's amost ready to use (i think)

there is a little problems on patching the finder.rsrc and extras.rsrc (but it's happen too when i tried the installable theme changing)

look at the screen.

i also find a little bug, when you chose the menu in menubar, the fonts don't apply acording the theme. (like ak: black menu background and black fonts, i also don't know if it a bug of program or the dlta file.)

Edit:

Here another screen, (mplayer and adium with milk skin, finder with default skin)

imagem11ns.th.png

I would like to see an aMule Universal Binery. The PPC version is pretty slow with rosetta. I tried to recompile it myself, but I am not able to get wxMac running. Perhaps someone with more skills like me is able to get an Universal Binery aMule up and running.

Thanks in advance!

WOOOOOOT

your finnest hot compilation is the first one working here

imagem10md.th.png

it's amost ready to use (i think)

there is a little problems on patching the finder.rsrc and extras.rsrc (but it's happen too when i tried the installable theme changing)

look at the screen.

i also find a little bug, when you chose the menu in menubar, the fonts don't apply acording the theme. (like ak: black menu background and black fonts, i also don't know if it a bug of program or the dlta file.)

Edit:

Here another screen, (mplayer and adium with milk skin, finder with default skin)

imagem11ns.th.png

Well, I'm afraid that I probably can't help with those issues... Fonts on x86 don't seem to be quite the same as PPC.. At least, I've seen more font problems with x86... Glad that it's working to that degree though.. That's at least a plus!

Well, I'm afraid that I probably can't help with those issues... Fonts on x86 don't seem to be quite the same as PPC.. At least, I've seen more font problems with x86... Glad that it's working to that degree though.. That's at least a plus!

ok np!

i look arround the theme sites and etc for more information, this happen because dtla files have a kind of bug, and not all guikit will be successfull converted.

the theme changer seems okay and working great.

Please for the love of god port OSXVNC. I need a good VNC server so I can work and show off my OS X install to non-belivers.

Its a SourceForge project so all of the source code should be there.

A decent port of Audium would be nice.

To all those wanting AdiumX... Sorry... I've been unable to get it to compile at all... It looked like libgaim was the issue, so I downloaded it and tried compiling the latest version of it... In looking at the code, it appears to be coverted to be Universal, but so far I can't get it to finish compiling either, complaining about a PPC/Intel issue (if I remember right)...

Paul

I would like to see an aMule Universal Binery. The PPC version is pretty slow with rosetta. I tried to recompile it myself, but I am not able to get wxMac running. Perhaps someone with more skills like me is able to get an Universal Binery aMule up and running.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry, but aMule does not appear to be an Xcode project... And I wouldn't know where to begin to convert it to one.

Steve Jobs made it sound like your app must be converted to Xcode before you can create Universal binaries... If it is possible to do via command-line GCC, I don't know how... I've been spoiled by nice GUI compilers, I guess..

Paul