ATI HD framebuffer driver (10.5/10.6) with source code

dong

900 posts in this topic

Hi Lebidou i need a help

I have all done right but at startup its still giving me kernel panic before a enter in my desktop... when he just finished load a grey screen come down and say to restart de PC... but is just sometimes, in another times he just enter

PLEASE I NEED A HELP

you try 10/20/2009 version. it would be stable.

Hi Lebidou i need a help

I have all done right but at startup its still giving me kernel panic before a enter in my desktop... when he just finished load a grey screen come down and say to restart de PC... but is just sometimes, in another times he just enter

PLEASE I NEED A HELP

Hello,

It's hard to tell… maybe the EDID doesn't match your panel exactly. You see, EDID doesn't depend on the graphics card, but on the panel. If the EDID you entered doesn't match exactly your panel it may lead to unexpected behaviour.

You should try to get your own EDID from a linux live CD with read-edid. IMO it's more reliable than some EDID grabbed from another laptop.

What happen if you boot in verbose mode (-v a boot prompt) ? Do you see the panic message (with a lot of numbers and stuff) ? A picture of it would help for debug, particularly to know if it actually comes from RadeonHD or something else, and witch function causes panic.

Does it always enter GUI when debug mode is on (see plist file) ?

Does it work with an empty EDID value ?

Do you still use an Injector (ATY_Init, ATILead, ATIinject, ATYinject, Natit…) or gfx string, or DSDT patching ?

Did you remove ATIRadeonX2000 kexts ?

Could you post the result of RadeonDump (when you enter GUI, and in a code box please)?

Go to System/Library/Extensions/RadeonHD.kext, right click-->show package contents-->info.plist

open it, find for:

<key>enableHWCursor</key>

<true/>

and change it to <false/>

save...fix permission and reboot

it should works :(

OBS: note that you can't edid any plist in the extensions folder you have to copy the info.plist do your desktop edit and replace de other existing in System/Library/Extensions/RadeonHD.kext

i dont think it worked....

the first time i did it i thought i messed it up, but i reinstalled leopard and tried it again and it did the same thing as last time

my computer just boots to that apple logo and just sits there..

any idea on what i did wrong??? any way to fix it???

i dont think it worked....

the first time i did it i thought i messed it up, but i reinstalled leopard and tried it again and it did the same thing as last time

my computer just boots to that apple logo and just sits there..

any idea on what i did wrong??? any way to fix it???

Did you remove the ATIRadeonX2000.kext?? If you havent then thats whats probably causing your pc to hang...

boot into safe mode...it will bypass the RadeonHD.kext...so the pc wont hang at the apple :(

use flags

-v -x at startup

remove the ATIRadeonX2000.kext

remove System/library/extensions.mkext

reboot

you will get res change...but no Q/E

also remember to change the info.plist as advised by dong...

thanks

My laptop is Dell Studio 1435

Mobility ATI HD3450

I use Snow and install kext from dong (last update for 10.6)

It's ok , I can change resolution to 1280x800, thanks dong. :D

But I can't play dvd or vdo file.

when I open dvd player. it says:

"a valid video device could not be found to play back. (-70017)"

How can I fix this? :)

below is from System profiler

Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series (M82):

Chipset Model: Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series (M82)

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x95c4

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 800

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Did you remove the ATIRadeonX2000.kext?? If you havent then thats whats probably causing your pc to hang...

boot into safe mode...it will bypass the RadeonHD.kext...so the pc wont hang at the apple :D

use flags

-v -x at startup

reboot

thanks

i am still a noob at this whole leopard thing, what is Q/E?

boot into safe mode...it will bypass the RadeonHD.kext...so the pc wont hang at the apple :D

use flags

-v -x at startup

reboot

thanks

and one more thing...

do i have to boot into safe mod, or could i just use another operating system to edit the files?

i put the leopard hard drive in a enclosure and made it a external hard drive. when i plug it into windows it wouldnt even detect the hard drive, but when i plugged it into linux, it detected it.

will this mess up anything if i fix it this way?

Anyone pleeeeaaase I need help!!

I've been trying to change the resolution for ages now and I saw this thread with all the people saying it's worked for them...

I have an ATI Radeon HD Sapphire 4350, and my monitor's native resolution is 1366x768. I tried installing this kext, and I removed natit.kext, ATIRadeonX2000.kext and all the other ATI kexts, then removed extensions.mkext and rebooted...but nothing happened!!! Still 1024x768 only with no other options!!

What am I doing wrong?? Please help me!!!!

This shows up in the system.log if that can help:

Nov 29 12:36:53 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: GraphicsObj[0] ID: 0x2116 Type: 0x2 ObjID: 0x16 ENUM: 0x1 NAME: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC2

Nov 29 12:36:53 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: DeviceIndex: 0x8

Nov 29 12:36:53 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: DisplaPathTable[4]: size: 10 DeviceTag: 0x1 ConnObjId: 0x3202 NAME: DUAL_LINK_DVI_I GPUObjId: 0x1100

Nov 29 12:36:53 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: GraphicsObj[0] ID: 0x2115 Type: 0x2 ObjID: 0x15 ENUM: 0x1 NAME: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1

Nov 29 12:36:53 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: DeviceIndex: 0x0

Nov 29 12:36:54 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: DisplaPathTable[5]: size: 10 DeviceTag: 0x80 ConnObjId: 0x3202 NAME: DUAL_LINK_DVI_I GPUObjId: 0x1100

Nov 29 12:36:54 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: GraphicsObj[0] ID: 0x2121 Type: 0x2 ObjID: 0x21 ENUM: 0x1 NAME: UNIPHY2

Nov 29 12:36:54 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: DeviceIndex: 0x7

Nov 29 12:36:54 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: Call to AtomBIOS Get Output Info succeeded

Nov 29 12:36:55 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: Output: AtomOutput�EUniphyA[0x 7] - adding devices:

Nov 29 12:36:51 Mac /usr/sbin/ocspd[82]: starting

Nov 29 12:36:55 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: Output: AtomOutputvalueDACB[0x 2] - adding devices:

Nov 29 12:36:55 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: Output: AtomOutputV1 CVUniphyE[0x b] - adding devices:

Nov 29 12:36:55 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: Output: AtomOutputDACA[0x 1] - adding devices:

Nov 29 12:36:55 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: RHDHPDCheck returned: 0 mask: 1

Nov 29 12:36:53 Mac configd[14]: AppleTalk startup complete

Nov 29 12:36:55 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: Sensing DACB on Output AtomOutputvalueDACB

Nov 29 12:36:55 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: Calling DAC_LoadDetection

Nov 29 12:36:54 Mac WindowServer[81]: CGXRestoreCredentials: seteuid() failed; errno 1; Session 256, EUID 88, old UID 88, request UID 88

Nov 29 12:36:55 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: Pspace[1]: 0x 1010004

Nov 29 12:36:55 Mac loginwindow[54]: Login Window Started Security Agent

Nov 29 12:36:56 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: Pspace[2]: 0x5bc308ac

Nov 29 12:36:56 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: Pspace[3]: 0x54903714

Nov 29 12:36:56 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: ParseTable said: CD_SUCCESS

Nov 29 12:36:56 Mac authorizationhost[105]: MechanismInvoke 0x126130 retainCount 2

Nov 29 12:36:56 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: Call to AtomBIOS Exec succeeded

Nov 29 12:36:56 Mac loginwindow[54]: Login Window - Returned from Security Agent

Nov 29 12:36:56 Mac SecurityAgent[106]: MechanismInvoke 0x1015f0 retainCount 1

Nov 29 12:36:56 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: DAC_LoadDetection Successful

Nov 29 12:36:56 Mac SecurityAgent[106]: MechanismDestroy 0x1015f0 retainCount 1

Nov 29 12:36:56 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: BIOSScratch_0: 0x 2

Nov 29 12:36:56 Mac authorizationhost[105]: MechanismDestroy 0x126130 retainCount 2

Nov 29 12:36:57 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: rhdAtomBIOSScratchDACSenseResults: RHD_SENSED_NONE

Nov 29 12:36:56 Mac loginwindow[54]: USER_PROCESS: 54 console

Nov 29 12:36:57 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: Calling DAC_LoadDetection

Nov 29 12:36:57 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: Pspace[1]: 0x 10100

Nov 29 12:36:57 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: Pspace[2]: 0x5bc308ac

Nov 29 12:36:57 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: Pspace[3]: 0x54903714

Nov 29 12:36:57 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: ParseTable said: CD_SUCCESS

Nov 29 12:36:57 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: Call to AtomBIOS Exec succeeded

Nov 29 12:36:57 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: DAC_LoadDetection Successful

Nov 29 12:36:57 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: BIOSScratch_0: 0x 2

Nov 29 12:36:57 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: rhdAtomBIOSScratchDACSenseResults: RHD_SENSED_NONE

Nov 29 12:36:57 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: RHDHPDCheck returned: 0 mask: 1000000

Nov 29 12:36:57 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: Failed to detect a connected monitor

Nov 29 12:36:57 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: Destroying AtomOutput�EUniphyA

Nov 29 12:36:57 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: Destroying AtomOutputvalueDACB

Nov 29 12:36:57 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: Destroying AtomOutputV1 CVUniphyE

Nov 29 12:36:57 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: Destroying AtomOutputDACA

Nov 29 12:36:57 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: I2C bus "RHD I2C line 0" removed.

Nov 29 12:36:57 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: I2C bus "RHD I2C line 1" removed.

Nov 29 12:36:57 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: I2C bus "RHD I2C line 2" removed.

Nov 29 12:36:57 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: I2C bus "RHD I2C line 3" removed.

Nov 29 12:36:57 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: I2C bus "RHD I2C line 4" removed.

Nov 29 12:36:57 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: I2C bus "RHD I2C line 5" removed.

Nov 29 12:36:57 Mac kernel[0]: RadeonHD: Call to AtomBIOS Teardown succeeded

Ok I followed pegasys's guide (which is great and easy to follow by the way), but I think something's wrong with my machine, because there's still no effect whatsoever!!! I mean, even installing or uninstalling radeonhd.kext doesn't do anything, bad or good. And after getting my device's EDID from windows and pasting that in info.plist inside the kext and everything, it still doesn't work!!

I'm using kexthelper to install the kext, can that be the problem??

Or could there for example be another kext I'm missing which this one depends on? Or one I should remove??

Note: I'm still getting the same output I pasted above in system.log.

Another note: I can see the radeonhd kext loaded normally in system profiler.

Please heeeeeelp!!!! :(

Ok I followed pegasys's guide (which is great and easy to follow by the way), but I think something's wrong with my machine, because there's still no effect whatsoever!!! I mean, even installing or uninstalling radeonhd.kext doesn't do anything, bad or good. And after getting my device's EDID from windows and pasting that in info.plist inside the kext and everything, it still doesn't work!!

I'm using kexthelper to install the kext, can that be the problem??

Or could there for example be another kext I'm missing which this one depends on? Or one I should remove??

Note: I'm still getting the same output I pasted above in system.log.

Another note: I can see the radeonhd kext loaded normally in system profiler.

Please heeeeeelp!!!! :)

Is it a Mobility card ? What kind of connector are you using (internal LVDS, DVI, VGA, HDMI) ? Did you try with another connector ?

It says it sees the "Uniphy" connector but don't detect a display, have tried with another display ?

Surely Dong can answer that: are desktop card supported by RadeonHD? I think it was first intended for mobility with LVDS connectors but can't be sure about that.

Ok it seems I'm going to have to wait till I get snow leopard!! :rolleyes:

So why won't this kext work for desktop cards? Is there any chance you can support for them dong?

I tried with another display but I'm still not getting anything!!

Ok it seems I'm going to have to wait till I get snow leopard!! :)

So why won't this kext work for desktop cards? Is there any chance you can support for them dong?

I tried with another display but I'm still not getting anything!!

Try run linux with open source RadeonHD driver to see whether it work or not. Your card may need a quirk table entry.

It is working on Amilo Sa 3650 with ATI HD 3200, But the cursor problem is the same.

It is working the same on iAtkos 10.5.7 and 10.6.2.

Thanks for the Kext, Hoping to get better.

I have the same problem on HD 3200, I tried changing "enableHWCursor" but it came back to original after reboot (Kext is there but resolution is 1024 x 768).

Can you tell me exactly how to solve this.

I discovered the problem, I am using Snow and Atkos on two partitions so if I edited one of them the other will be effected. So I installed only Snow And it is Ok.

I have another question: I am using Laptop Fujitsu Amilo SA 3650 with ATI HD 3200 Internal, but with this laptop there is an External booster as in http://ts.fujitsu.com/home/products/notebo...ic_booster.html

this graphic booster is ATI HD 3780

Is there any suggestion to get the external one works?

Thanks in advance.

I just downloaded the newest version of RadeonHD.kext and I have to say I like what I'm seeing (admittedly the skewed hardware cursor is annoying but whatever). I especially like it because it handles screen dimming on my laptop properly where as the ATIinject method would sort of turn half the screen off and dim the other half.

The last bit that is making me keep ATIinject around (switching at single usermode depending on need) is the ability for dual monitors. I'm on a Lenovo t60p with the ATI Mobility x1700/FireGL v5250 card. It took me awhile but I can at least get the laptops VGA output working with ATIinject, unfortunately not the DVI connector on my docking station which stays blank. Now with RadeonHD I do get some output on the external display but it's just a solid color and in System Profiler I do not have any external displays listed.

Am I missing something in getting this to work? I'm more then willing to help out with development though I'm not familiar with the development environment on OSX (previously linux fanboy here).

Graphics Info:

Mobility FireGL V5250:

Chipset Model:	Mobility FireGL V5250
  Type:	GPU
  Bus:	PCIe
  PCIe Lane Width:	x16
  VRAM (Total):	256 MB
  Vendor:	ATI (0x1002)
  Device ID:	0x71d4
  Revision ID:	0x0000
  Displays:
Display:
  Resolution:	1680 x 1050
  Pixel Depth:	32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
  Main Display:	Yes
  Mirror:	Off
  Online:	Yes

i am still a noob at this whole leopard thing, what is Q/E?

and one more thing...

do i have to boot into safe mod, or could i just use another operating system to edit the files?

i put the leopard hard drive in a enclosure and made it a external hard drive. when i plug it into windows it wouldnt even detect the hard drive, but when i plugged it into linux, it detected it.

will this mess up anything if i fix it this way?

you can boot into safe mode....it will bypass almost all the drivers...so u can remove the defected and make further changes

i dont think it would cause any problems if u were using a USB drive....but keep in mind that the apple filesystem is hidden in windows so u wont be able to see a mac os extended drive on windows...

Q/E= Quartz Extreme: its essential for most of the mac applications to run

Mac OS X v10.2 introduced Quartz Extreme: graphics processor (GPU) acceleration for the Quartz Compositor. With Quartz Extreme, no central processor (CPU) cycles are utilized for scene composition. Quartz Compositor runs using the graphics processor (GPU) by encapsulating each rendered backing store in an OpenGL texture map or surface. The GPU then composes the surfaces and maps to provide the final image, which is delivered to its frame buffer.

if u want more info...google is your mommy...;)

My friend has the Ati Radeon 4670 mobility and wen i install the driver (brilliant work dong) it just reboots with a grey screen flickering White Sometimes. Im sorry i cant get you a dump but i was thinking..

Since the new imac 27 inch uses the Ati 4760 mobility can we use that driver and edit it for laptops ? ;)

Thanks

aly369

Thanx !

I finally made this work on my IBM Lenovo T60 with Ati X1400 Mobility. I tried most combinations without any luck, then I used the 10/12 10.5 with Atom support witch gave me native res without QE. But when adding my vendor ID to the atiradeonx1000.kext the boot screen just froze. So here is what I did to resolve it.

1: Boot into safe mode.

2. Remove Radeonhd.kext

3. Remove Atiradeonx1000.kext

4. Repair disk from disk utils.

5. Reboot. (into regular mode)

6. Install your original atiradeonx1000.kext and repair disk using disk utils. (or use mine)

7. Reboot.

8. Install the Radeonhd.kext and repair disk using disk util.

9. Reboot.

You should now have 1680X1050 res. (or your native res. depending on your card) with QE. You will still need to use mouse locator as the mouse tearing problem is still there ...

I have attached my kexts so feel free to try them out and see if they work for you. I have included my EDID as well, but I don not know if this defers from computer to computer .... so you might have to make your own and then edit the radeonhd.kext replacing the EDID. There is a PDF included that describes how to do this.

Edit: Removing the atireadon2000.kext seems to solve the problem that the card does not show as Ati radeon hd mobility :-)

x1400_osx_driver_pack.zip