SOLVED:X4500 Mouse artifact with Native Resolution

jasim

126 posts in this topic

First of all i am not a system programmer.. Its just a pure tweak.. :P:P

Many of users reporting mouse artifact for their compaq and lenovo laptop's having Intel 4500 MHD (Dev ID 2a42).

As shown in the below picture.

tuvfru35pt.jpg

I have hexedited the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext (Version 1.5.48) using Lavender.t's post to make use of software cursor instead of a hardware cursor. You can see the result

tuvvvndy4x.jpg

u should only install this kext if u having 4500MHD (2a42) and also with an mouse artifact. It will not enable QE/CI for your mac.

Steps to install

1.Download kexthelper.

2.Download the Edited Kext AppleIntelGMAX3100FB_softcursor_sleep.kext.zip

3.Extract It.

4.Drag the kext to kext helper> Type the admin password> and click easy install

5.Reboot with bootflags '-f -v'

Thankz to Lavender.t :)

• Like 2

Worked like a charm on my Dell latitude e5400! I have an unrelated problem now. It seems whenever I use these kexts to fix native resolution (any of the tricks, patch4500, mr. vaughn's, this edited one) it will not load with a background, just a blue background. I have everything else though. any ideas?

It didn't work on my inspiron 1545. I'm running IPC 10.5.8 universal final. When I boot with bootflags -f -v, I got a kernel panic and when I boot without flag I got a black screen after the apple logo. I'm new on mac. Do I have to install another distro? Please advise. Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It didn't work on my inspiron 1545. I'm running IPC 10.5.8 universal final. When I boot with bootflags -f -v, I got a kernel panic and when I boot without flag I got a black screen after the apple logo. I'm new on mac. Do I have to install another distro? Please advise. Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also have a dell 1545 running IPC 10.5.8 universal final. I put this file (dsdt.aml.zip) into the root of the macintosh drive it fixed the black screen problem.

note: you need to extract the file out the .zip archive first.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ ahhkolaa

Many thanks for your help! I will try this. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here is the file: dsdt.aml.zip

In the attach you'll have these files.

AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext (1.5.44.13)

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext (1.5.18.7)

The FB was patched to have no mouse artifacts & support native resolution & with id 2E12.

Both files will load and will appear in the Extensions at System Profiler.

I'm hoping that someone figure it out how to enable QE/CI.

Greets!

GMA4500_2E12.zip

• Like 1

In the attach you'll have these files.

AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext (1.5.44.13)

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext (1.5.18.7)

The FB was patched to have no mouse artifacts & support native resolution & with id 2E12.

Both files will load and will appear in the Extensions at System Profiler.

I'm hoping that someone figure it out how to enable QE/CI.

Greets!

Patch with soft mouse worked for me

Samsung R418

iDeneb 1.6 (10.5.8)

GMA 4500MHD ID 2a42

kext from Mr. Vaught

+ this patch from Jasim

Native res (1366x768) & normal mouse work

lspci.txt

For Native resolution u need only AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext only. The other kext is needed only if u have a QE/CI. as QE/CI is not working now, FB kext will give native resolution

For Native resolution u need only AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext only. The other kext is needed only if u have a QE/CI. as QE/CI is not working now, FB kext will give native resolution

Yes I know, indeed

At me now, certainly native resolution (1366x768)...

QE\CI With any kext will not earn, yet надут other decision.

The way of inclusion QE by means of OSx86Tools on card GMA 4500MHD is fake.

Yes I know, indeed

At me now, certainly native resolution (1366x768)...

QE\CI With any kext will not earn, yet надут other decision.

The way of inclusion QE by means of OSx86Tools on card GMA 4500MHD is fake.

hi guys, does this kext work on snow leopard as well?

and is there any chance to get QE/CI sooner or later? what do you think?

thanks bye!

Aun no existe una solución concreta para el INSPIRON 1545? he intentado con casi todos los kext que he encontrado en el foro y siempre falla la pantalla quedando en negro. Por favor alguien que tenga el modelo que me ayude.

Although there is no concrete solution for the Inspiron 1545? I have tried almost every kext that I found on the forum and always fails, the screen goes black :wacko: . Please someone with the model to help me.

(Translated from Spanish by google, sorry u.u)

Aun no existe una solución concreta para el INSPIRON 1545? he intentado con casi todos los kext que he encontrado en el foro y siempre falla la pantalla quedando en negro. Por favor alguien que tenga el modelo que me ayude.

KIRIMARU, enviame un mensaje a mi correo....(revisa tus PM's)

The same problem..., dealing with inspiron 1545 video driver and touchpad not clicking :D any help is well apreciated :wacko:

"Many thanks for your help! I will try this. :) "

Hi ahhkolaa,

Works for me :wacko: , video has 1440x900 and software mouse pointer after applying your dsdt. By the way, one more prob.. I got horizontal stripes. Any solution with this?

Guys, if you already solved stripes, please post your kexts.

Thanks!

Viccer

dell e6400

video: x4500 MHD 2a42

"Many thanks for your help! I will try this. ;) "

Hi ahhkolaa,

Works for me :angel: , video has 1440x900 and software mouse pointer after applying your dsdt. By the way, one more prob.. I got horizontal stripes. Any solution with this?

Guys, if you already solved stripes, please post your kexts.

Thanks!

Viccer

dell e6400

video: x4500 MHD 2a42

Please post all relevant kext and files and how to use it.

I also have Dell E6400 and crave for a 1440x900 native resolution.

Thanks

Please post all relevant kext and files and how to use it.

I also have Dell E6400 and crave for a 1440x900 native resolution.

Thanks

I just installed AppleIntelGMAX3100FB_softcursor_sleep.kext via kexthelper and then copy the ahhkolaa's dsdt onto the root of my mac drive. But we don't have the same laptop, mine is an Inspiron 1545.

I just�installed AppleIntelGMAX3100FB_softcursor_sleep.kext via kexthelper and then copy the ahhkolaa's dsdt onto the root of my mac drive. But we don't have the same laptop, mine is an Inspiron 1545.

Thanks I was talking to viccer, he has Dell E6400.

I'm using the dsdt.aml file that was posted here with the patched IntelAppleGMAX3100FB.kext file.

I installed the kext using kext helper but noticed that the kext was not loaded by mac os x.

it was not listed in the kextstat list.

EDIT: I restored the original 3100 kext files and this is the errors I'm getting in /var/log/system

1)error mapping module file /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelGMAX3100

2)cant map module files

3)internal error getMacClasGraph found no classes.

4)cant check load addresses of module

How do I resolve this?

Thanks