AppleACPIBattery in 32/64 flavor for Snow Kitty.

adityaxavier

90 posts in this topic

Exactly.

I also have 00 specified by default and did not have any abttery settings.But then i added the key SystemType as 02 in com.apple.Boot.plist file and was able to get battery settings in system preferences.

In case you were not able to locate system-type in ioreg,then you can try this command :

ioreg -lw0|grep -i system-type

This should work fine.

I have successfully modified the FADT.aml file. I'm using AnVAL booter to load the FADT.aml file. I like AsereBLN more because it capable to detect correct memory speed but it doesn't support FADT override. Anyhow, with modified FADT.aml file, system-type is now visible & the value is 02 which is follow ACPI rev4 standard for mobile computer. I'm much prefer not to alter the content of com.apple.Boot.plist. Battery tab is visible in System Preferences/Energy Saver pane as well as Battery Power information in System Profiler (under System Power Settings).

I'm considering to flash the modified FADT/FACP table to BIOS permanently after I resolved the restart issue by modifying the FADT.aml file myself. I don't want to depend much on booter. :(

@aliasa_anderson, I have successfully modified FADT.aml with restart fix & "PM Profile" set to 02 (Mobile). It has been tested with AnVAL booter. "system-type" does visible in ioreg with value 02 which taken automatically from the modified FADT.aml file. I'm also successfully flash Aspire 9420's BIOS with modified FADT.aml. Considering that the necessary fix has been flash permanently in BIOS, I decided to use original Chameleon 2 RC4 booter. However, system-type is not visible in ioreg. I have check FACP table in ioreg, "PM Profile" is 02. Fortunately, the restart fix is working without OpenHaltRestart kext as expected. If you have any suggestion, please let me know. :)

For the time being, I'm using AsereBLN Chameleon v1.1.9 with "system-type" value set to 02 in com.apple.Boot.plist. If I can get Battery settings/information visible without having to inject "system-type" value using com.apple.Boot.plist, it would be wonderful. :rolleyes:

awesome work you guys, respect :rolleyes: !

[EDIT]: I just installed the final 10.6.4 delta update on-top of my 10.6.3 with the 10.6.0/1 grfx kexts and FWs, resulting in: Battery Meter, DVD Playback, QE/CI. Will need to see if grfx prove to be stable (in regards to jerks & garbles). Sleep (pmVersion=20), Shutdown/ Restart, LCD display wake-up from monitor sleep (with the Sleep script in the background) etc. still working, too.

[EDIT2]: re: grfx so far so good. A few jerks here and there (same in Ubuntu, every once in a while even in Windows 7), but so far no garbles/ distortions. Happy :D

• 1 month later...

Hi folks

Just to update: DVD playback with battery kext issue, on my system(Pavilion laptop) finally DVD Player works after 10.6.4 update, all I have to do is in DVDPlayer menu go to View->Deinterlace-> and change from Optimal to Better Quality setting. Otherwise I have sound and no vision(black screen)

Regards

swavek

• 5 weeks later...
if u prefer AppleACPIBattery over VoodooBattery, then try this one

AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext_Snow32_64.zip

All credits to Slice

This one works perfectly with my Lenovo Ideapad y450. Voodoobattery would give KP sometimes during boot and operating system usage and i couldn't close my laptop lid cause the system would freeze but all those issues seemed to be resolved with this kext.

Oh i'm using SL 10.6.4 64-Bit btw

• 2 months later...

I installed the original kext for the battery status but now when I turn my hackintosh on it immediately freezes after 10 seconds and tells me to turn the power off manually.

I have an HP HDX16t 1200 and used the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] way to create my hackintosh. i tried to manually delete the kext in single user mode but no luck. Please help.

• 3 weeks later...

hi, is this project still developed ? I am having a kernel panic using with a core i7 hp machine ...

have you got any clue how to use it? I prefer using it rather than voodoobattery since it's buggy and gives it some kernel panics to me too , expecially while connecting and disconnecting ac power cord.

Any update to this kext ?

Thanks!

Mal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Hi folks

Just to update: DVD playback with battery kext issue, on my system(Pavilion laptop) finally DVD Player works after 10.6.4 update, all I have to do is in DVDPlayer menu go to View->Deinterlace-> and change from Optimal to Better Quality setting. Otherwise I have sound and no vision(black screen)

Regards

swavek

Hi, it works on Toshiba Satellite A100-411 , Nvidia GeForce Go 7600 ,AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext installed in S/L/E ,

Snow Leopard 10.6.4 !!!

Thank you swavek !

• 2 months later...