force chameleon to boot in 32bit?

8 posts in this topic

to force the boot loader to always boot in 32 bit do i edit the com.apple.Boot.plist in Extra to read

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-x32 boot-uuid=********-****-****-****-************</string>

^ ********-****-****-****-************=my uuid

or do i edit the com.apple.Boot.plist in Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist?

and would i need two keys? one w/just my uuid and the other w/the x32 flag + the uuid? or can i just add the one flag?

i've got the Intel GMA X3100 and it works in 32 bit. But if I accidentally boot w/o the -x32 and go in 64 bit the only way i can get my graphics back is to do a re-install. even if the next time i reboot i use the -x32 flag.

to force the boot loader to always boot in 32 bit do i edit the com.apple.Boot.plist in Extra to read

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-x32 boot-uuid=********-****-****-****-************</string>

^ ********-****-****-****-************=my uuid

or do i edit the com.apple.Boot.plist in Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist?

and would i need two keys? one w/just my uuid and the other w/the x32 flag + the uuid? or can i just add the one flag?

i've got the Intel GMA X3100 and it works in 32 bit. But if I accidentally boot w/o the -x32 and go in 64 bit the only way i can get my graphics back is to do a re-install. even if the next time i reboot i use the -x32 flag.

it should look like this (in boot.plist) without EFI10 installed (only chameleon):

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-v arch=i386 boot-uuid=~~</string>

with EFI10, it arch=i386 needs to be -x32 instead.

• 2 months later...