[Mini Guide] SL working on Gigabyte G41M-ES2L

iRobie

934 posts in this topic

I just checked and NullCPUPowerManagement is not in S/L/E. I am using a DSDT for a rev1.1 board, but I still found that that I needed the non-DSDT drivers for sound to work. As for sleep, this computer puts the monitor to sleep, but the system never sleeps. Like Soler, I found that in Snow Leopard, waking from sleep did not work 100% of the time. I have not tried putting the computer to sleep in Mavericks.

Actually my Mavericks install always puts the system to sleep without any problems while my SL install would only sleep automatically after a reboot but then I'd have to manually put it to sleep after the first wake up. It always woke up without a hitch though.

As for the DSDT, I found the best way is to extract it from linux and use the patcher tool to apply the gigabyte fixes. I did a bunch of trial and error using the same one from my SL install and one from Ridgeline's site before it went down but both were not as stable.

I am currently getting the spinning wheel forever unless I boot with -x -v in the startup options. The graphics card is not being recognized (it's an Nvidia, and I do not have enough time to pull the exact card specs, will post this later if necessary). The only boot options I enabled were what Hawaii50 recommended. I have an old DSDT I'm going to try that I used to use in SL. Will post back in a day or two the results after implementing that. (Work work work!)

Thanks again for all the input guys. Any input as far as this new fun issue will be appreciated! I need to paypal you guys some money after all of this so you can have a few beers on me. 

Try setting the boot options right when it boots at the chameleon command line. Try "-v PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes" without the quotes of course. -x loads up safe mode or something like that which you shouldn't need. This will rule out perhaps the boot loader not reading the options set in the ini file for whatever reason.

Definitely use a DSDT. I can share mine with you if you like but not sure how to get the file to you since there's no way to PM you. For some reason it's only you as I checked using Hawaii50 as a test and there's the option to send a PM. Also my board is rev 1.3 which will also make a difference. A better option is to google "g41m-es2l rev 1.x dsdt". I found many available when I was experimenting with different DSDT files.

• Like 1

I am currently getting the spinning wheel forever unless I boot with -x -v in the startup options. The graphics card is not being recognized (it's an Nvidia, and I do not have enough time to pull the exact card specs, will post this later if necessary). The only boot options I enabled were what Hawaii50 recommended. I have an old DSDT I'm going to try that I used to use in SL. Will post back in a day or two the results after implementing that. (Work work work!)

Thanks again for all the input guys. Any input as far as this new fun issue will be appreciated! I need to paypal you guys some money after all of this so you can have a few beers on me. 

if your graphics card is recognized when you boot from the USB drive using GraphicsEnabler=Yes, then your graphics card should be recognized when you boot from the hard drive after installing the bootloader with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Look in the mbeast installer options for boot flags and select GraphicsEnabler=yes. 

No need to send beer money. Just pay it forward by helping the next person who needs help. 

So I have somehow managed to break the Ethernet connection. It simply shows nothing now in system prefs under network and I cannot readd it. I need this to use champlist to install files (champlist needs to dl some Xcode files to work). I've tried the Ethernet built in flag but this doesn't seem to bring it back. Any ideas?

So I have somehow managed to break the Ethernet connection. It simply shows nothing now in system prefs under network and I cannot readd it. I need this to use champlist to install files (champlist needs to dl some Xcode files to work). I've tried the Ethernet built in flag but this doesn't seem to bring it back. Any ideas?

use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to reinstall the ethernet driver named Realtek - AppleRTL8169Ethernet. Then restart.

• Like 1

Ok guys, I got it. Everything is working now including iMessages. The only thing I need help with are the HWSensors for this board for CPU temperature monitoring purposes. I know there is another thread here for that so I may hit that up. Do either of you use that? I like to utilize those combined with iStat Menus. We do a lot of heavy video editing for our business so it's important to keep tabs on the temperature status. 

Furthermore, I have saved all of the steps to do this install. I'd like to post them here, however, the site we have referenced is blocked so I may just go to that site and post the walkthrough. 

I sincerely thank both of you for all of the assistance. Once I've posted my walkthrough on the other site I'd post a link here for future people to utilize however, I doubt the link would work. 

Ok guys, I got it. Everything is working now including iMessages. The only thing I need help with are the HWSensors for this board for CPU temperature monitoring purposes. I know there is another thread here for that so I may hit that up. Do either of you use that? I like to utilize those combined with iStat Menus. We do a lot of heavy video editing for our business so it's important to keep tabs on the temperature status. 

Furthermore, I have saved all of the steps to do this install. I'd like to post them here, however, the site we have referenced is blocked so I may just go to that site and post the walkthrough. 

I sincerely thank both of you for all of the assistance. Once I've posted my walkthrough on the other site I'd post a link here for future people to utilize however, I doubt the link would work. 

I'm glad you have it working. I don't use the HWSensors so i'm afraid I can't be of much help with that. Would be interested in reading your writeup when you post it either here or on the other site.