• Please log in to reply
933 replies to this topic

roberdo

roberdo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

HI, HAS ANYONE DONE A 10.6.8 UPDATE AS YET?

THANKS.

10.6.8 works without any issues. You have to keep and replace AppleHDA after updating in order to get sound.

ontheslab

ontheslab

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

10.6.8 works without any issues. You have to keep and replace AppleHDA after updating in order to get sound.

Thanks for that!

blade007

blade007

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Yeah. Just installed 10.7 on G41M-ES2L v1.1 and used the below packs and every thing seems to be working great even auto detects the right CPU which it has showed as an unknown 4GHz before.

http://www.kexts.com..._lion_10.7.html

Couldn't get the Audio to work with the AppleHDA that was included but used 3rr0rists_10.6.5_v2.dmg and repaired permissions and sound is great, just had to change the output device in preferences.

rolandp

rolandp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Yeah. Just installed 10.7 on G41M-ES2L v1.1 and used the below packs and every thing seems to be working great even auto detects the right CPU which it has showed as an unknown 4GHz before.

http://www.kexts.com..._lion_10.7.html

Couldn't get the Audio to work with the AppleHDA that was included but used 3rr0rists_10.6.5_v2.dmg and repaired permissions and sound is great, just had to change the output device in preferences.

can you upload or post a link to 3rr0rists_10.6.5_v2.dmg? found a couple links in search but they were dead.

thanks for posting you got it to work. as soon as i have mine up and running i'll post what did/didn't work for me.

ryudo423

ryudo423

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
I am using this guide: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=256729
But my bios hangs when i try to load from the usb.. Can someone post anohter guide or method to get lion working on this mobo?

roberdo

roberdo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Sound:

It's easy, just save your existing AppleHDA which works with 10.6.8 and replace Lion AppleHDA after the update.

10.7 works fine on G41M however I experienced some troubles with a few applications - but this is LION related and not an issue of this board.

USB Boot:

Regarding the USB Problem: I had the same when using the latest chameleon installer (Chameleon-2.0-RC5-r1083) therefore I took an older installer (Chameleon-2.0-RC2-r640) which worked. After that I replaced the boot file on the USB with latest chameleon release.

Don't forget to copy your EXTRA-folder of your existing SL installation to the memory stick as well (including DSDT).

lowdrewl

lowdrewl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

I am using this guide: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=256729
But my bios hangs when i try to load from the usb.. Can someone post anohter guide or method to get lion working on this mobo?

Same exact problem. USB hang during boot following the procedures in the link the user stated. Any idea guys? Thanks in advance.

roberdo

roberdo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Same exact problem. USB hang during boot following the procedures in the link the user stated. Any idea guys? Thanks in advance.

Did you try this:

USB Boot:

Regarding the USB Problem: I had the same when using the latest chameleon installer (Chameleon-2.0-RC5-r1083) therefore I took an older installer (Chameleon-2.0-RC2-r640) which worked. After that I replaced the boot file on the USB with latest chameleon release.

lowdrewl

lowdrewl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Did you try this:

USB Boot:

I was trying to follow the article posted, which is a great post and probably works for everyone here expect me cuz im retarted... LOL

I have the G41M-ES2L Mobo with a Quad core duo CPU 8300. I have successfully built in the past a G31M-ES2L and another G41M-ES2L both running Snow Leopard.

I have spent about 48 total hours trying to get Lion to run and so far nothing. I watched the 3 Part youtube Video where the guy got Lion running on the G41M-ES2L and used the link above. (google LION G41M-ES2L)

Here is my process: (which just ends up in starting to load Lion then after 100 lines of text into the load it just reboots. I tried it 10 times and it just keeps rebooting before I get to the LION GUI Install portion)

1. "Open Disk Utility, select the USB drive partition and click on the Erase tab. Select Mac Os Extended (Journaled) and click on the Erase button." My USB should now be ready.

2. "Now to prepare the files need to be copied to the USB." I double click on my LION.dmg and then I open the BaseSystem.dmg I end up with MAC OSX install ESD

3. Then I go back into disk utility "click on the Restore tab, drag Mac OS X Base System to Source and the USB drive partition to Destination, then click on the Restore button. This operation takes several minutes.
The partition will have its name changed automatically to Mac OS X Base System after the restoration."

4. "After the restoration, open the restored partition, navigate to System/Installation, delete the Packages link and create a folder with the same name, Packages."

NOTE: I did this but then I just drag and drop the files from the Mac OS X Base System (the one I extracted from the LION.dmg) back to the newly created folder in the USB. Then all the .pkg files are in the System/Installation directory in the newly created USB.

5. I run the Extra_Lion_DP4.pkg.zip and select the INSTALL target as my newly created USB (careful dont choose ur HARDRVIE running ur OS :o) . It seems to do something (not really sure what :construction:, but I get no errors)

6. I next run the modified instructions from EVERYONES HELP (TY by the way) I took an older installer (Chameleon-2.0-RC2-r640) and ran it pointing AGAIN TO MY NEWLY CREATED USB DRIVE.

No I am stuck at this point:

I am not really sure what to options to chose and what to check in the Chameleon-2.0-RC2-r640. So I tried it all different ways to install it and it usually writes to my USB

BUT.... this biggest mystery to me is this comment "After that I replaced the boot file on the USB with latest chameleon release."

I am lost here I dont see any boot file, and I dont know how to create one. I used the boot file from the guy who made the 3 part youtube video. (If I used that boot file, it boots starts to load LION and then reboots every time.)

Also I have no idea what is >>>> Hack Boot Lion, I downloaded and extracted it just not sure what to do with it.

My next nightmares will come when I try to get a clue on DSDT Autopatcher. As I stated before I built 2 Snow Leopards before and I dont think I ever used thet DST Autopatcher. The guy on the you tube video already has made up some .AML files that go in Extra Folder hopefully they will work.

If any one can help me with my step 6 .... I would appreciate it.

I really did read and search threads for at least a total of 1 or 2 days maybe 10 hrs a day..... :P

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
@ lowdrewl:

1. BIOS settings:
* Load optimized defaults
* Change HPET mode to 64-bit (I think in advanced)
* Disable ANY un-used components - parallel port, serial port, floppy drive, etc.

2. rip all extra cards out - install ONLY with internal grfx. Also take any efi string out of the boot plist

3. Mind there is 4 ! revisions of this board, see here. People keep on forgetting that (I don't understand why), both people that post guides and files, as well as people that try to install. Even you don't seem to have indicated which of the 4 revs you have there. A guide which works for one rev might will NOT work for all revs. Period! We've made this experience a million times with Leo, then with Snow, as I hope you will have read ...

Please post your rev, and apart from that, good luck & fingers crossed :)

lowdrewl

lowdrewl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

@ lowdrewl:

1. BIOS settings:
* Load optimized defaults
* Change HPET mode to 64-bit (I think in advanced)
* Disable ANY un-used components - parallel port, serial port, floppy drive, etc.

2. rip all extra cards out - install ONLY with internal grfx. Also take any efi string out of the boot plist

3. Mind there is 4 ! revisions of this board, see here. People keep on forgetting that (I don't understand why), both people that post guides and files, as well as people that try to install. Even you don't seem to have indicated which of the 4 revs you have there. A guide which works for one rev might will NOT work for all revs. Period! We've made this experience a million times with Leo, then with Snow, as I hope you will have read ...

Please post your rev, and apart from that, good luck & fingers crossed ;)

LOL Bugs, you made me laugh :D I have Rev 1.4. Also I think Bios rev 1.9 Sorry my bad, I should have mentioned that. I still think my Step 6 is a hodge podge guess, I have no clue when I am doing.

Yes also, I did read about Load Optimized defaults, I did change HPET to 64 bit in advanced. I did real about disable serial, parallel, floppy etc. BUT I didnt do that. I promise I will this time and post results :)

Thanks for the quick reply.... I really do appreciate it!!!

nandor690

nandor690

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

I was trying to follow the article posted, which is a great post and probably works for everyone here expect me cuz im retarted... LOL

I have the G41M-ES2L Mobo with a Quad core duo CPU 8300. I have successfully built in the past a G31M-ES2L and another G41M-ES2L both running Snow Leopard.

I have spent about 48 total hours trying to get Lion to run and so far nothing. I watched the 3 Part youtube Video where the guy got Lion running on the G41M-ES2L and used the link above. (google LION G41M-ES2L)

Here is my process: (which just ends up in starting to load Lion then after 100 lines of text into the load it just reboots. I tried it 10 times and it just keeps rebooting before I get to the LION GUI Install portion)

1. "Open Disk Utility, select the USB drive partition and click on the Erase tab. Select Mac Os Extended (Journaled) and click on the Erase button." My USB should now be ready.

2. "Now to prepare the files need to be copied to the USB." I double click on my LION.dmg and then I open the BaseSystem.dmg I end up with MAC OSX install ESD

3. Then I go back into disk utility "click on the Restore tab, drag Mac OS X Base System to Source and the USB drive partition to Destination, then click on the Restore button. This operation takes several minutes.
The partition will have its name changed automatically to Mac OS X Base System after the restoration."

4. "After the restoration, open the restored partition, navigate to System/Installation, delete the Packages link and create a folder with the same name, Packages."

NOTE: I did this but then I just drag and drop the files from the Mac OS X Base System (the one I extracted from the LION.dmg) back to the newly created folder in the USB. Then all the .pkg files are in the System/Installation directory in the newly created USB.

5. I run the Extra_Lion_DP4.pkg.zip and select the INSTALL target as my newly created USB (careful dont choose ur HARDRVIE running ur OS :o) . It seems to do something (not really sure what :D, but I get no errors)

6. I next run the modified instructions from EVERYONES HELP (TY by the way) I took an older installer (Chameleon-2.0-RC2-r640) and ran it pointing AGAIN TO MY NEWLY CREATED USB DRIVE.

No I am stuck at this point:

I am not really sure what to options to chose and what to check in the Chameleon-2.0-RC2-r640. So I tried it all different ways to install it and it usually writes to my USB

BUT.... this biggest mystery to me is this comment "After that I replaced the boot file on the USB with latest chameleon release."

I am lost here I dont see any boot file, and I dont know how to create one. I used the boot file from the guy who made the 3 part youtube video. (If I used that boot file, it boots starts to load LION and then reboots every time.)

Also I have no idea what is >>>> Hack Boot Lion, I downloaded and extracted it just not sure what to do with it.

My next nightmares will come when I try to get a clue on DSDT Autopatcher. As I stated before I built 2 Snow Leopards before and I dont think I ever used thet DST Autopatcher. The guy on the you tube video already has made up some .AML files that go in Extra Folder hopefully they will work.

If any one can help me with my step 6 .... I would appreciate it.

I really did read and search threads for at least a total of 1 or 2 days maybe 10 hrs a day..... :)

That is my 3 part guide and it was for the first beta but everything is exactly the same except where the PlatformSupport.plist is located. There is also a new boot loader from tonymacs that works great now. if you need any files let me know i have all of them.

lowdrewl

lowdrewl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Hi nandor690 ...

Thanks for the quick response, I really appreciate it.

I started using your 3 parts videos (which are excellent by the way) but I was concerned since it was the first beta. I figured I would have no idea what to if my system double panicked. I did watch part 1 and 2 completely.

While I was researching I found this link thread and started following the more recent tutorial.I started using that information since was final version, but then i just got confused and lost all confidence once nothing was working :)

I will go back and follow your 3 part video step by step to the end :D Could you give me a link or send me the new boot loader from tonymacs?

Thank you responding to my post, I really appreciate it. :o

nandor690

nandor690

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Hi nandor690 ...

Thanks for the quick response, I really appreciate it.

I started using your 3 parts videos (which are excellent by the way) but I was concerned since it was the first beta. I figured I would have no idea what to if my system double panicked. I did watch part 1 and 2 completely.

While I was researching I found this link thread and started following the more recent tutorial.I started using that information since was final version, but then i just got confused and lost all confidence once nothing was working :(

I will go back and follow your 3 part video step by step to the end :) Could you give me a link or send me the new boot loader from tonymacs?

Thank you responding to my post, I really appreciate it. :)

This is a link to the package i put together. it has the newest ##### from tonymac that won't double kp. it works nicely for booting both Lion and SL.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IPVTT8UQ

any further questions please ask :-)

lowdrewl

lowdrewl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

This is a link to the package i put together. it has the newest ##### from tonymac that won't double kp. it works nicely for booting both Lion and SL.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IPVTT8UQ

any further questions please ask :-)

Nandor690 once again, your a great person... thank you so much for creating that video and helping me and everyone ;) I will let you know how things go.

lowdrewl

lowdrewl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Hi Nandor690,

SUCCESS!!!!!!!! I was able to boot off USB to Lion install with the help you provided me :)

I have a couple of of remaining questions? :)

Here is a little background of how I got it to work:

I did things a little different then your videos, I followed your procedure to have all the LION installation files copied onto a USB. I then ran Tony Hacks Mutilbeast you had uploaded on the same USB and made it bootable. In ##### I just checked the option to install bootloader chimera (I just guessed here). After that I was able to boot to the USB. I ran the Lion installation and installed the OS to the hard drive. This part worked. Once the installation was complete, I rebooted and I could only boot the hard drive by first booting off of the USB drive. Obviously since I did not run a bootloader on the newly installed hard drive.

I now have to make the hard drive bootable. What options should I be checking during the ##### installer/loader? I would like to have LION OS 64 BIT running.

Also what files should be installed into the extra folders on the hardrive?

I did attempt to apply ##### to the hard drive and it does boot. Its only running in 32 BIT mode. I have no LAN, AUDIO so I am assuming I didnt choose the correct options and my KEXTS are not loading. To make this work I installed the same files in the extras folder as you did in your video and copied to the hard drive.
64 bit com.apple.boot
simbios.plist
Generic DSDT (cuz I got a Quad Core DUO 8300)

Created Extenstions folder inside Extra folder and added only fakesmc kext. Do I need to set permission on the Extra and Extenstions folders? I just drag and drop those folders to my newly created Lion hard drive.

Thanks again for all of your time helping me with this :D

nandor690

nandor690

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Hi Nandor690,

SUCCESS!!!!!!!! I was able to boot off USB to Lion install with the help you provided me :)

I have a couple of of remaining questions? :D

I did things a little different then your videos, I followed your procedure to have all the LION installation files copied onto a USB. I then ran Tony Hacks Mutilbeast you had uploaded on the same USB and made it bootable. In ##### I just checked the option to install bootloader chimera (I just guessed here). After that I was able to boot to the USB. I ran the Lion installation and installed the OS to the hard drive. This part worked. Once the installation was complete, I rebooted and I could only boot the hard drive by first booting off of the USB drive. Obviously since I did not run a bootloader on the newly installed hard drive.

I now have to make the hard drive bootable. What options should I be checking during the ##### installer/loader? I would like to have LION OS 64 BIT running.

I did attempt to apply ##### to the hard drive and it does boot. Its only running in 32 BIT mode. I have no LAN, AUDIO so I am assuming I didnt choose the correct options and my KEXTS are not loading. To make this work I installed the same files in the extras folder as you did in your video and copied to the hard drive.
64 bit com.apple.boot
simbios.plist

Created Extenstions folder inside Extra folder and added only fakesmc kext. Do I need to set permission on the Extra and Extenstions folders? I just drag and drop those folders to my newly created Lion hard drive.

to have 64 bit you should put the 64 bit com.apple.boot.plist in the /Extra folder. also since i don't have a dsdt for 8300 just put the generic dsdt in the /Extra folder.
to get Lan to work you will have to get 2 plugins from the IONetworkingFamily.kext from OS X Snow Leopard. these plugins are, AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext and AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext. you can find them by going to the snow leopard drive and follow path /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext, right click on that kext and "Show all Contents, then go in the /Contents/Plugins, and copy the 2 plugins above to the same location in OS X Lion.
You will need to download "KextUtility" and use that to fix permissions after you add the 2 plugins to Lion.
To get audio working, find the LegacyHDA.kext in the kext folder in the download i gave you and put that kext in /System/Library/Extensions in the Lion hard drive and then fix permissions with kextutility. you will also have to run the
10.6.2AppleHDAinstall.pkg, which you can find on this website. after that finishes restart your computer and you should have Lan and audio working

your /Extra folder should look something like this

Attached File  Screen_Shot_2011_08_04_at_8.35.08_AM.png   686.08KB   18 downloads

to have 64 bit you should put the 64 bit com.apple.boot.plist in the /Extra folder. also since i don't have a dsdt for 8300 just put the generic dsdt in the /Extra folder.
to get Lan to work you will have to get 2 plugins from the IONetworkingFamily.kext from OS X Snow Leopard. these plugins are, AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext and AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext. you can find them by going to the snow leopard drive and follow path /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext, right click on that kext and "Show all Contents, then go in the /Contents/Plugins, and copy the 2 plugins above to the same location in OS X Lion.
You will need to download "KextUtility" and use that to fix permissions after you add the 2 plugins to Lion.
To get audio working, find the LegacyHDA.kext in the kext folder in the download i gave you and put that kext in /System/Library/Extensions in the Lion hard drive and then fix permissions with kextutility. you will also have to run the
10.6.2AppleHDAinstall.pkg, which you can find on this website. after that finishes restart your computer and you should have Lan and audio working

Attached File  Screen_Shot_2011_08_04_at_8.35.08_AM.png   686.08KB   18 downloads

Also when you run ##### these options should be alright for you, in pic bellow. also since you will be check marking user dsdt, put the generic dsdt onto your desktop and then install ##### to the lion hard drive.

**WARNING**
if you have OS X Lion and Snow Leopard on the same hard drive, installing a boot loader to each partition can cause problems. make sure lion and SL are on different hard drives, or if they are on the same hard drive just install ##### to the os that is on the first partition. confusing :) i hope not :D

Attached File  Screen_Shot_2011_08_04_at_8.49.18_AM.png   531.54KB   14 downloads

Hi Nandor690,

I have a couple of of remaining questions? :D

64 bit com.apple.boot
simbios.plist

sorry for multiple post :D
i just seen that you have rev 1.4 so legacyhda.kext might not work for you. try it anyway and let me know

lowdrewl

lowdrewl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Hi Nandor690,

I am gonna work on this over the weekend. I will post my results :P

Thanks again and have a good weekend!!!!!!!

lowdrewl

lowdrewl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Hi Nandor690,

I am gonna work on this over the weekend. I will post my results :P

Thanks again and have a good weekend!!!!!!!

sorry been busy with family and work, i am going to work on this now ^_^

lowdrewl

lowdrewl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Also when you run ##### these options should be alright for you, in pic bellow. also since you will be check marking user dsdt, put the generic dsdt onto your desktop and then install ##### to the lion hard drive.

**WARNING**
if you have OS X Lion and Snow Leopard on the same hard drive, installing a boot loader to each partition can cause problems. make sure lion and SL are on different hard drives, or if they are on the same hard drive just install ##### to the os that is on the first partition. confusing :) i hope not :D

Attached File  Screen_Shot_2011_08_04_at_8.49.18_AM.png   531.54KB   14 downloads

sorry for multiple post :D
i just seen that you have rev 1.4 so legacyhda.kext might not work for you. try it anyway and let me know

Well I followed the instructions for LAN and Audio and neither are working :P I know I got SL running with the built in Ethernet, I just dont remember using the AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext and AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kexts. Not sure what to do now :P

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy