• Please log in to reply
933 replies to this topic

nandor690

nandor690

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Just installed OS X Lion 10.7 in vmware fusion on my hackintosh WOOT!!!

blade007

blade007

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Hi guys can someone confirm the best method to install with this motherboard as most of the links dont work. I have looked for EFI Empire but it seems to have been replaced with nawcoms disk so do I use that, also the links to ridgel1ne dont work.

Anyway I have a G41M-ES2L Revision 1.0 with a E5500 and a Innov3D GeForce 8800GT 512mb PCI-e Dual DVI. I have seen guides using ##### and ##### but I think its installing things I dont need.

I am trying to install as clean and stable as possible but there seem to be so many methods and loads of links dont work im getting a bit lost now.

Thanks in advance for you help.

------------------------------------
Also when I have installed using #####+SL 10.6.3+10.6.6 combi update and mutlibeast I have loads of problems getting the 8800GT to work and again the are loads of methods like EFI strings/DSDT files/enabler kexts which would also be the best method for this

blade007

blade007

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Thanks for the private message I have used your files and it alls works now apart from the audio. Would the DSDT file not work if it was for a different revision number or BIOS Version. Just wondering as seems to be working OK but my processor does show as a 4GHz unknown instead of a Core 2 Duo 2.8 should I really edit this DSDT file for my exact revision and BIOS Version.

Ive been running with this one now for a couple of hours and all seems good graphics and general running wise and am just about to start working on some different kexts for the audio.

nandor690

nandor690

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
ok now i have osx Lion 10.7 installed on a second partition (not in vmware) and can use all functions of os

what is not working (as of this moment anyway) i just started messing around with kext

audio
wifi
sleep
restart (will close out of os but wont completly restart computer)

The only bummer is is that if you use bluetooth keyboard you have to have a seperate wired keyboard so you can get to the boot menu to boot from the usb bootloader (xpc) or (#####)
Unless someone knows how to get bluetooth keyboard to work at the gigabyte splash screen.

EDIT: audio is working with VoodooHDA.kext http://www.kexts.com...?do=file&id=795
EDIT: remove AppleHDA.kext after voodoohda or you will get kp
restart and shutdown are working with EvOreboot.kext

http://www.kexts.com...w_leopard..html

Graphics Card works with http://www.kexts.com..._nvenabler.html

all of these .kext go into S/L/E and then repair the permissions in terminal for those kext

ryudo423

ryudo423

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Really great to hear the board is working with Lion... Will be updating to it to lion once retail is released and hopefully, a guide is composed. 10.6.7 still working flawless here. Excited for Lion!!

roberdo

roberdo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Really great to hear the board is working with Lion... Will be updating to it to lion once retail is released and hopefully, a guide is composed. 10.6.7 still working flawless here. Excited for Lion!!

Same here, 10.6.7 is working, updated with no issue - everything is working.

tazito

tazito

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Guys, I had to reinstall osX, but i have a problem. Where can I get Ridgeline's Installer files so i can get my machine running again?

iRobie

iRobie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Guys, I had to reinstall osX, but i have a problem. Where can I get Ridgeline's Installer files so i can get my machine running again?

I've uploaded the latest version that I had to the first post. Now, just to give you a heads up, it might not work. I'm at work and zipped it from a windows machine. Not sure how Windows deals with zipping mpkg files. If it doesn't work let me know and I'll do it from my Mac.

And I'll try to be fancy and add the link here too: [My fancy attachment idea didn't work. Just go to the first post instead]

I retired this board just two weeks ago. It's still a great board, but I wanted more RAM. I'm now rocking a GA-P67A-UD3-B3 board, with 16gb ram cause DDR3 is dirt cheap right now. First, the extra RAM and CPU make a huge difference in Aperture. I was worried I couldn't see a difference, but for photo processing it was worth it. And second, although the install is more involved, the compatibility has been great. After a clean install I had 1 finder lock up, that I think was due to a bad Bluray drive choice. Pulling the drive has fixed all issues so far.

So I can't test stuff or pull DSDT files, but I still have all my old stuff archived. Hope this helps!

LSP414

LSP414

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
GA-G41M-2ESL
E5700 Dual Core
2 Gig corsair DDR2
Asus GeForce 8400GS silent PCIe
Ridge1ine post installer 2.6.3

Used Ridge1ines 2.6.3 post installer. Upgraded to 10.6.6, used lnx2mac realtek kext for lan and finally used GigabyteALC88b6Ch.kext and HDAEnabler.kext make audio work(link http://www.mediafire.com/?jomygylxukj). for audio. My last problem is video. Using Asus 8400GS silent worked out of box with no additional kexts. In 10.6.3 I used modded NVDANV50Hal.kext ,NVDAResman.kext, NVEnabler64.kext and GeForce.kext that I found in one of the forums. This worked 100%. I was able to change resolutions, it detected my monitor correctly and no problems. After upgrading to 10.6.6 all I get is a flickering blue screen. If I remove the modded files and use it with graphics enabler=yes I get one resolution (1280 x 1024). Does anyone know how to restore full functionality in 10.6.6?

seleven

seleven

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

After upgrading to 10.6.6 all I get is a flickering blue screen. If I remove the modded files and use it with graphics enabler=yes I get one resolution (1280 x 1024). Does anyone know how to restore full functionality in 10.6.6?

Have you looked for an EFI string for the video card? I had to use one with an earlier version of chameleon.

OK, I've run into an oddness after all this time that I can't seem to figure out.

Using the deep sleep widget available on the apple web site, I was able to successfully put the machine into deep sleep and bring it back, with one exception: my USB hub now is not seen by the system.

My first clue was when my mouse would not turn back on. After some experimenting, I found that devices plugged directly on the motherboard work fine.

Proof was acquired when I unplugged my bluetooth dongle and put the mouse in that port. The mouse works.
Putting the bluetooth dongle in the hub results in nothing. I've tried unplugging the hub and plugging it back in (power cycling it, if you will) with no change at all.

I don't think that the DSDT is the cause since the USB system came back up fine, the system is just ignoring the hub.

I've never quite seen this one before, and I'm not sure where to look. Any ideas or suggestions?

RN95

RN95

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Hi Guys,

Decided to throw in the towel and seek advice.

Mobo: Gigagbyte G41M-ES2L - Version 1.1
Snow Leo 10.6.7

Here is my problem: Can't get VoodooPS2Controller to load in 64 bit mode. :)

I have tried every kext under the sun but in vain. I am currently running the VoodooPS2Controller 0.98 (the one that doesn't need the PS2Nub kext. Unfortunately it is a 32 bit only kext. Is there a 64bit version of this ?

I ploughed through the thread and tried Maldon's kexts (no joy) - BTW - Maldon: Thanks for your dedication to the forum and the help you have provided to hundreds of members.

Anyone got their board working in 64bit moe?

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup_anim:

RN95

RN95

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Hi Guys,

Mobo: Gigagbyte G41M-ES2L - Version 1.1
Snow Leo 10.6.7

Here is my problem: Can't get VoodooPS2Controller to load in 64 bit mode. :(

[SOLVED]: Edit 16 May 2011

I was using DSDT with PS2 removed - Reinstated PS2 and KBD +Mouse now OK in 64 bit.

[SOUND]: Now having same issue with AppleHDA loading in 32 bit mode only.

3th3r

3th3r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Another update to my system... today I replaced the BFG GeForce 8400GS 512MB that I had installed with a new EVGA GeForce 210 1GB (got it cheap on closeout).

Swapping them out without making settings changes only gave me a black screen, but I followed the instructions in this post and manually edited my /Extra/com.apple.Apple.plist file with a custom key and string, and voila! it works great.

Just a quick update on successfully updating my system (from posts 435 and 460), from 10.6.4 to 10.6.6. Here is how I did it:

• Repaired permissions using Disk Utility.
  • Downloaded and ran the 10.6.6 combo updater
  • The update took a looong time, and ended up freezing. :)
  • Had to shutdown the machine manually.
  • Machine came back up, and was successfully upgraded to 10.6.6 :)
  • But audio wasn't working (greyed out speaker icon).
  • Downloaded and reinstalled AppleHDA1062.kext
  • Downloaded and ran Kext Utility
Restarted and audio worked again!

nandor690

nandor690

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Let me know if you need anything. I have all the ridgeline files and all the dsdt files he made up and all the smbios files. pretty much everything he had on his website i still have.

nandor690

nandor690

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
My G5 OS X Lion machine. Still a work in progress but getting there

Attached File  Screen_Shot_2011_06_09_at_7.50.03_PM.png   1.06MB   28 downloads

Attached File  Screen_Shot_2011_06_09_at_7.50.19_PM.png   1.03MB   19 downloads

Attached File  Screen_Shot_2011_06_09_at_7.50.34_PM.png   1.15MB   19 downloads

ryudo423

ryudo423

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
For the people running lion, what guide did you use to get it up and running with this board? Also, i have a dual core processor..is that going to make things more difficult?

nandor690

nandor690

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

For the people running lion, what guide did you use to get it up and running with this board? Also, i have a dual core processor..is that going to make things more difficult?

1. Open os x lion dp.
2. Make all hidden files visible. type this in terminal, defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE (hit enter) then type, killall Finder (hit enter). to make them invisible again later just type the same thing as above but put "FALSE" instead of "TRUE"
3. Restore the "Base System" to a partition or a usb drive, whichever you prefer
4. Delete the alias "Packages" from /System/Installations, on the Volume you just restored
5. Copy the "Packages" folder from "Mac OS X Install ESD" to /System/Installations on the Volume you just restored
6. delete the folder "com.apple.recovery.boot" folder from /System/Library/CoreServices on the Volume you just restored.
7. Copy mach_kernel from "Mac OS X Install ESD" to root of your Volume you restored
8. Use the latest ##### from tonymacs website and set up chameleon
9. Reboot and select your Volume you restored and there you have it!!!

Here I have all kinds of dsdt, smbios.plist, com.apple.boot.plist and just about every kext you will need here

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L1PPTNLV

1. Open os x lion dp.
2. Make all hidden files visible. type this in terminal, defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE (hit enter) then type, killall Finder (hit enter). to make them invisible again later just type the same thing as above but put "FALSE" instead of "TRUE"
3. Restore the "Base System" to a partition or a usb drive, whichever you prefer
4. Delete the alias "Packages" from /System/Installations, on the Volume you just restored
5. Copy the "Packages" folder from "Mac OS X Install ESD" to /System/Installations on the Volume you just restored
6. delete the folder "com.apple.recovery.boot" folder from /System/Library/CoreServices on the Volume you just restored.
7. Copy mach_kernel from "Mac OS X Install ESD" to root of your Volume you restored
8. Use the latest ##### from tonymacs website and set up chameleon
9. Reboot and select your Volume you restored and there you have it!!!

Here I have all kinds of dsdt, smbios.plist, com.apple.boot.plist and just about every kext you will need here

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L1PPTNLV

EDIT: the ##### in that folder in the link above IS the latest one from tonymac

hawaii50

hawaii50

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

I retired this board just two weeks ago. It's still a great board, but I wanted more RAM. I'm now rocking a GA-P67A-UD3-B3 board, with 16gb ram cause DDR3 is dirt cheap right now. First, the extra RAM and CPU make a huge difference in Aperture. I was worried I couldn't see a difference, but for photo processing it was worth it. And second, although the install is more involved, the compatibility has been great. After a clean install I had 1 finder lock up, that I think was due to a bad Bluray drive choice. Pulling the drive has fixed all issues so far.

iRobie,

Do you have a guide for the GA-P67A-UD3-B3? I've been very happy with G41M-ES2L, but I'm thinking it may be time to change boards as prices have come way down for DDR3 and the new Pentium Sandy Bridge processors.

TIA

h50

Upgraded from 10.6.4 to 10.6.7 today. Only thing that didn't work immediately was sound. To get sound working again I had to reapply the 10.6.2 -AppleHDAInstaller that I got from Ridgel1ne.

markyb1980

markyb1980

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Music, Cars, Bikes, playing sport etc.
Anybody got any idea why on my G41M-ES2L when I upgrade the RAM from 2x1GB sticks to 2x2GB sticks the Airport Compatible wireless card I have installed no longer works?

I've tried 3 fresh installs now, and don't know what to do. If I remove a of the sticks and just leave 2GB in there, it's fine again. It's only when 2 are in there it causes a wireless card failure. Can't work it out, or see how to fix it!

Problem is that I really need 4GB ASAP too as 2GB just won't do really.

ontheslab

ontheslab

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
HI, HAS ANYONE DONE A 10.6.8 UPDATE AS YET?

THANKS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy