• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

rimmi2002

rimmi2002

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Thanks for this script KWS. I have been using it for 1 yr plus and has been working great. One thing that I just noticed is that I can't update cpu load for programs. I am using 10.7.4 and whether I open the main.scpt manually or through "Open RIP 10.7.x.app" when I make the change from example to add HandBrake to the list of Finder and Diskutility already present, the change stays till I reboot. On reboot, the program returns to its default values of Finder and Disk Utility only. My addition of Handbrake disappears. Do you have any idea as to why this is happening and what I can do to prevent it? Thanks.

KWS

KWS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 75 posts
I have no clue. I tried it here on 10.8 and it works ....

If you select in Finder go to Folder and paste

/Library/Scripts/RIP3Lion.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/

and doubleclick on main.scpt it should be possible to change the script and save it.
If not, try to copy RIP3Lion.app to your desktop, change main.scpt and copy it back (overwrite) to /Library/Scripts/.

gbrad160

gbrad160

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi KWS, ive been using your rip3lion on 10.8 and i have to say it works really good, but i have one issue that i hope u can solve for me....
i use plex media server on the same mac as rip3lion , and it streams all my media to various iPads/iphones.
the only problem i have is that the second a movie stops playingon the iPad,,the mac sleeps,which is okay but i have to keep waking via bluetooth mouse if i want to watch another movie or episode.
i have added the plex media server to the script, but i find uses almost zero cpu resources, while browsing the plex library...
ive tried modifying your code but with no positive results...
any help here would be appreciated

KWS

KWS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 75 posts
It is possible to ask if plex is running and stop the script ... questioning for plex playing needs applescript-support in the prog which (i think) is not given yet.
So you need to look in activity-monitor for the running prog's name and add these lines (changing PLEX to the real name in activity-monitor) somewhere behind DVD-Player-section:

tell application "System Events"
if exists process "PLEX" then
return
end if
end tell

aplee

aplee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
this is a good shell script ,thank you very much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy