• Please log in to reply
331 replies to this topic

MaestroX1

MaestroX1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Installed using Easy Beast method. Audio didn't work afterwards but used the VoodooHDA package from code.google.com and audio is working. Was able to get graphics working via EFI Studios but I don't have Sleep working. Seems like each of us are having different issues.

I am not using a DSDT file (at least I did not generate one using Maldon's Auto Patcher).

Ah, you have a different rev. Mine is 1.0 which has a different audio chip IIRC.

I tried my edited DSDT as well patched one using Madlon's tool. Mine works better.

Do you have NullCPU kext installed?

toolbox1234

toolbox1234

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Installed using Easy Beast method. Audio didn't work afterwards but used the VoodooHDA package from code.google.com and audio is working. Was able to get graphics working via EFI Studios but I don't have Sleep working. Seems like each of us are having different issues.

I am not using a DSDT file (at least I did not generate one using Maldon's Auto Patcher).

Are you sure you don't have a DSDT file. If I don't use one, my BIOS' checksum will be messed up and I have to re-setup my BIOS settings every time I restart.

Powaking

Powaking

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Pretty sure as I didn't see one in Extra folder (and when I looked in Lizard its not defined). I have tried numerous times to use DSDT but bluetooth would act quirky (pointer would move all over the place), Sleep wouldn't work, audio wouldn't work. Right now everything but sleep is working. And yes I still have NullCPU kext installed. Before I start futzing around with kexts I'm going to close this hard drive to another one. Also hesitant to install USB3 drivers for my USB3 card (that kept my machine back when it did sleep from going to full sleep).

Powaking

Powaking

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I have finally got a fully working SL 10.6.7 on my Mobo. Everything works, graphics, sleep, bluetooth and audio. I am using the DSDT method and the only kexts I'm using are for the following: FakeSMC, Nic, JMicron, ALC8xx, AppleHDA (10.6.2; bin patching didn't work), IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector (to change orange HD internal icons to silver). Also using the device identifier for iMac9,1. If anyone is interested in my package of files let me know.

The only thing(s) that I have trouble with is USB3 (from the past I found that it breaks Sleep so not going to bother with that until thats resolved) and getting my Pin Configurations setup in DSDT so that I can get 4.1 audio instead of just 2.1 as I have right now. I do have my Codec dump which indicates I have the ALC888 codec but Gigabytes site states I have the ALC883 chipset.

If anyone is proficient in deciphering codec dumps into pin configurations then I'm all ears.

Zakaria

Zakaria

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Anyone updated to 10.6.8?

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

10.6.5 also killed the modified marvel yukon kext for my network card, need to figure out if there is a way to create a separate kext that doesn't get overwritten everytime I install an update

Copy the native IONetworkingFamily.kext from /S/L/E to the desktop and edit the AppleYukon2.kext with your device ID etc. Place the edited kext into /E/E, run Kext Utility and reboot.

A better way to do this is to apply the GIGE patch to your DSDT (you'll find it in DSDT editor and patcher). Then you just need to use a legacy kext like this one in /Extra/Extensions.

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
If it's of any help here's my mostly-working AppleHDA kext (latest 10.6.8 one). My board is a Rev 1.0 with ALC883 (Address 2). There are no sound assertions. Tested on 10.6.8 with 64-bit kernel.

I've updated this a little. I don't think I can get any more parts working.

What works:
S/PDIF In
S/PDIF Out
Green, Black and Orange analog out (good for 5.1)
Line In
Rear Mic (with ambient noise reduction)
Front panel HP

What doesn't work:
Grey analog out (AppleHDA has a limit of 4 outputs so getting 7.1 analog out means losing digital out).
Front panel Mic (enabling breaks kext)

Replace AppleHDA.kext in /System/Library/Extensions with this one.

I've now removed the Legacy kext (seemed kinda pointless when the AppleHDA kext had to be edited anyway). Its edited plist is now part of the kext.

Attached Files

vidya12

vidya12

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

If it's of any help here's my mostly-working AppleHDA kext (latest 10.6.8 one). My board is a Rev 1.0 with ALC883 (Address 2). There are no sound assertions. Tested on 10.6.8 with 64-bit kernel.

What works:
S/PDIF Out
Green, Black and Orange analog out (good for 5.1)
Line In
Rear Mic (with ambient noise reduction)
Front panel HP

What doesn't work:
Grey analog out (AppleHDA has a limit of 4 outputs so getting 7.1 analog out means losing digital out).
S/PDIF In (shows up as an input but doesn't seem to take in any audio)
Front panel Mic (enabling breaks kext)

Place the AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E and the Legacy kext in /E/E.

Hi guys! Did anybody succeed with this one? I've got curnel panic. But i did'n place files to specified locations. Just installed them with Kext helper.

Regards

P.S. I've tried multiple solutions from the web but none of them was really good for me. With modified AppleHDAs that work I've got poor bass and a kind of synthetic sound; with voodooHDA I've got noise. Isn't it better to get another sound card? Or is there a decision?

shambalad

shambalad

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,
I want to thank everyone for posting their experience with this mobo. Can anyone confirm or add a kext for the use of the onboard firewire. I recently did a fresh install S3 V2 and see there is no firewire device listed in system profiler.
Thanks

Tertiumsquid

Tertiumsquid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

*snip*

I've now removed the Legacy kext (seemed kinda pointless when the AppleHDA kext had to be edited anyway). Its edited plist is now part of the kext.

Didn't work for me. I'm also on a 1.0 board on 10.6.8 64-bit, but it won't recognize the internal sound card. Not a big deal to me, as I only use my USB recording interface for sound, but still would be good to get it working as I may put this machine back in it's former home theater role.

Anybody have one of the older versions Riley posted? I'm only concerned with stereo in/out, no multichannel.

erak

erak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
How important is the dsdt LPC device-id? Which one is correct? There are two in this thread and one on olarila.

Olarila: "0x15, 0x28"
MaLd0ns auto patcher: "0xB9, 0x27"
powaking: "0x18, 0x3A"

erak

erak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

How important is the dsdt LPC device-id? Which one is correct? There are two in this thread and one on olarila.

Olarila: "0x15, 0x28"
MaLd0ns auto patcher: "0xB9, 0x27"
powaking: "0x18, 0x3A"

Ok, all of these are in the Info.plist in AppleLPC.kext. So I guess it doesn't matter. lspci states that it's really 2810, so I'll go with 2815 or 2811 from AppleLPC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy