Snow Leopard 10A432 reported to be Golden Master

Burpethead

51 posts in this topic

For those with access to all newsgroups, you can find the HOTiSO release there today in the alt.binaries.x group. For those who know how to use NZB files, the alt.binaries.mac group has one which links, which is also creatable using this indirect search link -

http://newzleech.com/?&min=6000&ma...06&m=search

Currently leeching from my own ISP at 50Mbits/sec :D

Mods, my apologies and please edit/delete this post if it is deemed to bend or stretch the rules, I am just trying to help other potential beta testers!

Downloading. Much appreciated. :D

What install methods are people using? I was thinking of restoring the DMG to a external and booting from there. If this really is the GM then why not use it for my main OS..

On my hackintosh, I created a new partition, restored the dvd to there, and then installed to a new empty partition from my current leopard install. Then, I used a boot loader that supports snow leopard (chameleon rc2 might, I don't remember anymore). On my new MacBook Pro, I just restored the dvd to a thumb drive and booted from it.

Anyone know where I could find (or how I could make) a boot-132 CD compatible with SL? I haven't played with boot loaders in a while so I forgot everything... LOL

I second this question - perhaps these days we would use a Chameleon 2.0 Boot CD?

Some Issues:

I think the guy working for Apple in London doesn't really know his stuff.

It seems that 64-bit will NOT be enabled by default on final builds of Snow Leo. There just aren't enough 3rd-party 64 bit drivers that are ready. (printers, 3G cards, etc.) Maybe the OS will notify the user that in order to use an unsupported device the OS will need to reboot in 32-bit mode.

The Big Question:

I don't know whether 10A432 is GM or not, but will I eventually be able to upgrade to 10.6.1 if I install this build?

The Big Question:

I don't know whether 10A432 is GM or not, but will I eventually be able to upgrade to 10.6.1 if I install this build?

You are able to upgrade if it's GM

how many others have burned the DMG for this to a dual-layer DVD-R with disk utility?

so far I made three coasters trying this on my macbook, perhaps my writer or media is fuxored?

I checked the file hash is okay and it mounts just fine and can extract/install files but the DMG just didn't want to burn even at slowest speed... should I try converting the DMG to ISO with MagicISO and burning on winblows with nero, see if that helps identify the issue?

ah anyways I only wanted to experiment with my hackintosh box which is currently stuck on 10.5.7 but according to Netkas my ATI HD3870 card will probably not be supported properly yet anyway.

anyone else running this 10a432 on the old Asus P5WDH board? Any build/deploy tips?

Yep, I also just restore the dmg to a small empty partition of an external drive (with disk utility) and install from there. Has always worked flawlessly so far, with multiple leopard and snow leopard images.

Jojo

hi all,

I've just installled snow leopard yesterday on my macbook pro. I've burn the image with disk utility.

Perhaps i encounter a problem. When the OS install, it chek the compatibility of drivers, ... (in my case it's an update 10.5.8), and it deactivate the drivers not compatible. It say the card AT&T Laptop Connect not work correctly (drivers broken).

Do you have a solution ?

Thanks for all

PS: Escuse me for my English ...

Hi,

Tried to install SL next to my Leo but no luck yet.

I have 10.5.8 on my internal sata hdd, and tried to install SL both to external and internal hdds.

I tried as it is written. Created a partition (MRB) for SL installer and restored SL 432 image there.

Unchecked "Ignore ownership on this volume" both on SL install and SL destination.

Copied modified OSInstall.mpkg in the installer, turned off ACPI in BIOS.

I have now Chameleon 2 RC1 with EFI 10.2 on my primary HDD (LEO), no bootloader instelled to external HDD (SL). Previously I tried with Chameleon 2 RC2 too.

I tried a bunch of thing but always get the followind error:

"Install Failed. The installer could not locate the data it needed to install the software."

Please help me.

i got that once...

if i remember right you can check the installer logs and it will tell you that a certain package is missing.

when it happened to me there were two or three missing, but they were things that i didn't need, so i just duplicated the bootcamp.pkg and renamed it to what the installer was looking for...

sure it ended up installing bootcamp 4 times,,,,but it installed :)

hope that helps.

10A432 is not a GM!

The Japanese guy, who received Mac mini along with the Snow Leopard Install DVD, finally installed it and reported that the final build is 10A436.

I told y'all.

Damn! I just upgraded my macbook & spent all day trying to find a way to install 10A432 on my hackintosh.

Anyway, until I have a visual proof, 10A432 is still GM for me!

Please convert the foollowing to launchid : /etc/mach_init.d/dashboardadvisoryd.plist

Running fsck on the boot volume:Executingfsck_hfs(version diskdev_emds-491-1

Bug:Launchtl.c:3557(23930):17:ioct(s6.SIOCAAiFADDR_ln6.& ifra6) l=-1

hfs:Remouved 1 orphaned/unlinked files

SistemShutdown false

plise halpe

Just how WRONG could one person be!! FAIL!!

SticMAC

ps, just incase someone missed it, Retail is 10A432!

10A432 is not a GM!

The Japanese guy, who received Mac mini along with the Snow Leopard Install DVD, finally installed it and reported that the final build is 10A436.

I told y'all.