• This topic is locked This topic is locked
148 replies to this topic

daefiman

daefiman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
I noticed this thread, pleased to see people's spirit, but was disappointed when I noticed that what happened to tuxx's thread is also happening to this. Don't let that happen, keep it clean, everyone.

Blackice

Blackice

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
1. This is exam season. May/June is known for it. Give the dude some space.
2. He gave you a link to the blog. There's a link to the CVS repository there. It has a development version of the driver (although it doesn't do much, as it is still a very early dev. version)

I was planning on contributing (since the source is available, and I'm sure the extra support would be appreciated), but I've recently got a windows programming book publishing contact sorted out, so I'll be busy with that. That said, I'm still very interested in OSX, and will try to find the time to contribute. I suggest everybody do the same.

There are plenty of great IOKit examples out there, especially for network devices.

jpsolares

jpsolares

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

1. This is exam season. May/June is known for it. Give the dude some space.
2. He gave you a link to the blog. There's a link to the CVS repository there. It has a development version of the driver (although it doesn't do much, as it is still a very early dev. version)

I was planning on contributing (since the source is available, and I'm sure the extra support would be appreciated), but I've recently got a windows programming book publishing contact sorted out, so I'll be busy with that. That said, I'm still very interested in OSX, and will try to find the time to contribute. I suggest everybody do the same.

There are plenty of great IOKit examples out there, especially for network devices.

Amen.

ultrasoul

ultrasoul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Thanks for doing some work on the Intel 2200BG drivers. Can't wait for it to work :pirate2:

Bak3r

Bak3r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Thanks for doing some work on the Intel 2200BG drivers. Can't wait for it to work ;)

+1

AlCapone

AlCapone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
+2

I hope that when you could back to work on the driver you can impress us with a fancy apple's style instalation assistant, or an ugly Unix type, but with a working one!

Good luck, and May the Force be with You!

ChrisChen

ChrisChen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

+2

I hope that when you could back to work on the driver you can impress us with a fancy apple's style instalation assistant, or an ugly Unix type, but with a working one!

Good luck, and May the Force be with You!

That will be the salvation for users own the first generation laptop of Centrino. The 855 graphic chipset and intel pro 2200 wireless series are the main problems to heaven. huh~ :D

Blackice

Blackice

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
whilst I must reiterate that we must not put too much pressure on anybody, it has been a long time without any message at all. I'm sure aroman and tuxx together can get it to work (if they are still working on it. This community has a tendancy to release teasers and never continue from that).

aroman

aroman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
OK my exams are over, and I think I did pretty well, so I'm happy :thumbsup_anim:

Meanwhile because I needed a windows program (and my only windows machine was my laptop) I installed xp on my laptop and accidentally wiped os x. whoops! But I have all my source code in the CVS so it's all good. I will just have to re-install OS X. Will do that this weekend.

Another guy is working on this driver sorta by himself... Just letting you know. But I'll continue to work on this, no worries.

That being said, relax I haven't abandoned the project. :)

Cheers,
Alex.

gigabyte_land

gigabyte_land

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

That being said, relax I haven't abandoned the project. :)

I'm glad you're back!
And cheers for your exams.

moseschrist

moseschrist

First Hebrew Hackintosh :)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

OK my exams are over, and I think I did pretty well, so I'm happy ;)

Meanwhile because I needed a windows program (and my only windows machine was my laptop) I installed xp on my laptop and accidentally wiped os x. whoops! But I have all my source code in the CVS so it's all good. I will just have to re-install OS X. Will do that this weekend.

Another guy is working on this driver sorta by himself... Just letting you know. But I'll continue to work on this, no worries.

That being said, relax I haven't abandoned the project. ;)
Cheers,
Alex.

good luck aroman ! hope you did well on your exams...
i wish my exams were over too :) but they begin next week...

anyway, good to know we have another guy working on the drivers...
i think he made a good idea not telling us he is working on it since we are kinda annoying
when it comes to drivers :)

moseschrist

moseschrist

First Hebrew Hackintosh :)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

OK my exams are over, and I think I did pretty well, so I'm happy ;)

That being said, relax I haven't abandoned the project. ;)
Cheers,
Alex.

good luck aroman ! hope you did well on your exams...
i wish my exams were over too :) but they begin next week...

anyway, good to know we have another guy working on the drivers...
i think he made a good idea not telling us he is working on it since we are kinda annoying
when it comes to drivers :)

aroman

aroman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Well, the other guy has been making good progress. I, sadly, have been overwhelmed with school work even after midterms :P I still want to work on this, but I just don't have the time right now :(

So, if he gets it done, all good for the project! :) If not, then when I have time, I will work on it. I have a x86 laptop and I want my wireless card to work, so the motivation is there :)

Again, sorry I haven't been too active lately, but university is really a lot of work :(

tendycq

tendycq

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Well, the other guy has been making good progress. I, sadly, have been overwhelmed with school work even after midterms :( I still want to work on this, but I just don't have the time right now :(

So, if he gets it done, all good for the project! :) If not, then when I have time, I will work on it. I have a x86 laptop and I want my wireless card to work, so the motivation is there :)

Again, sorry I haven't been too active lately, but university is really a lot of work :)

:P
whos working on the driver?

go on your study,its more important

tuxx

tuxx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
Hi aroman,

just wondering if you could reveal the name of the other person working on this.

I've already received my macbook and sold off my old notebook so I can't be of much active development help, but I still would like to be in touch and keep track of whats happening here :huh:

If the person wants to remain anonymous... I will respect that.

cheers, tuxx :construction:

nothingness

nothingness

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
First of all, congratulations to the dev guys, tuxx and aroman, you seem to be making some progress. Good luck with the exams, I understand your predicament no end.

I've downloaded the CVS version of the driver and compiled no problem with Xcode. I've been able to load it and get this from the system profiler under Extensions:

iwi2200:

Version: 1.0.0d1
Last Modified: 27/6/06 12:39 AM
Get Info String: Copyright Joel Thomas 2005
kext Version: 1.0.0d1
Load Address: 0x2a1c8000
Valid: Yes
Authentic: Yes
Dependencies: Incomplete
Dependency Errors:
com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily: No valid version of this dependency can be found
Integrity: Unknown

Here's what the dmesg throws up:

darwin_iwi2200::probe(WLAN)
darwin_iwi2200::start(WLAN) <1>
iwi2200: Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200/2915 Network Driver,
iwi2200: Copyright © 2005-2006 Joel Thomas and Martin Buechler
darwin_iwi2200 iomemory length: 0x1000 @ 0xb0108000
darwin_iwi2200 virt: 0x2a270000 physical: 0xb0108000
darwin_iwi2200 IRQ: 22, Vendor ID: 8086, Product ID: 4220

So the hardware looks like it's getting initialised OK and all. System Prefs detect a new PCI device for networking (en1) which is very encouraging. Unfortunately I just can't track down a copy of com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily. I'll look through my various Mac install DVDs to see if I have it somewhere and get back to you when done.

This is just a little report to show interest and to show that people are trying out your work a little bit. I'll be happy to help test further when things are stabilized.

antonio giorlando

antonio giorlando

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I'll pay you $50.00 through paypal to anyone who can get this driver up and running!
PM if/when you have it working, and instructions on how to get it going. Thanks!

BaselineAce

BaselineAce

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

I'll pay you $50.00 through paypal to anyone who can get this driver up and running!
PM if/when you have it working, and instructions on how to get it going. Thanks!

No offense, but couldn't you practically buy a new card for that price?

Jajo

Jajo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Baseline Ace,

Many of us laptop-users have builtin ipw2200-cards. I currently use a Belkin adapter that works fine, but the internal card has a better antenna and does not require a 8cm stick attached to the computer (that is very easy to break while using the computer on the field).

I am also willing to sponsor the development of this driver.

/ jajo

nothingness

nothingness

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Well I found my 10.4.3 DVD and extracted the IONetworkFamily.kext, loaded it and still no go, despite a reboot. The iwi2200 module complains of an invalid version for IONetworkFamily. I'm going to parse other network card threads to see if anyone has solved a similar issue. Keep the faith guys...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy