Jump to content

BBC iplayer License error


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1
thecodecowboy

thecodecowboy

    InsanelyMac Protégé

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Hi,

Has anyone got the ADOBE AIR iplayer app from the bbc working on their hackintosh? My iplayer log file contains:

LicenseManager License failed. nullErrorId:3313. SuberrorId: 4353

This happens every time I download a programme. The app works fine and downloads programmes but when it tries to do the DRM call, it barfs and says 'this content does not appear to be working', then deletes the downloaded file.

I'm pretty sure this is a DRM issue on a hackintosh. Has anyone got round this problem? I realise I can just watch in my browser but its not the same. I am in the UK and it all works fine on my real Mac.

Thanks,

#2
allyant

allyant

    InsanelyMac Protégé

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Try a complete uninstall then install it again.
http://iplayerhelp.e...mmes/remove_mac

#3
thecodecowboy

thecodecowboy

    InsanelyMac Protégé

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
yep, I tried that. It doesn't make any difference.

#4
deutscs

deutscs

    InsanelyMac Protégé

  • Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
/bump

has anyone got to the bottom of this yet? all very frustrating.

Simon

#5
James cuck

James cuck

    InsanelyMac Protégé

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
hi im getting a problem with the licence when i play a downloaded program. it plays the 10 seconds of bbc logo then i get this window

Media usage rights acquisition.

bbc iplayer beta
you do not have the licence to play this file
to watch or listen to bbc content online,please visit
bbc.co.uk

#6
thecodecowboy

thecodecowboy

    InsanelyMac Protégé

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
There is something about the hackintosh setup which prevents the licensing from working. I dont know what and it will take a hackintosh guru to figure it out. I've just built a fresh hack with 10.6 and the problem is still there.

#7
Alex Taylor

Alex Taylor

    InsanelyMac Protégé

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Interests:Internet marketing, Bowling

There is something about the hackintosh setup which prevents the licensing from working. I dont know what and it will take a hackintosh guru to figure it out. I've just built a fresh hack with 10.6 and the problem is still there.


I think so too. Did you update the version of player? I've read a thread in which user said that he has the same problems with TeamViewer after updating its version.

#8
thecodecowboy

thecodecowboy

    InsanelyMac Protégé

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
I *think* it may be a combination of having a valid network interface configured as en0 and a valid SMBIOS.plist for your board/setup. I have got my network card as en0 and this alone hasnt fixed it. There is a guide on how to create an smbios on prasys blog (google 'prasys smbios.plist').

Reading posts about netflix and silverlight problems have led me to this conclusion.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy