BBC iplayer License error

thecodecowboy

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

Has anyone got the ADOBE AIR iplayer app from the bbc working on their hackintosh? My iplayer log file contains:

LicenseManager License failed. nullErrorId:3313. SuberrorId: 4353

This happens every time I download a programme. The app works fine and downloads programmes but when it tries to do the DRM call, it barfs and says 'this content does not appear to be working', then deletes the downloaded file.

I'm pretty sure this is a DRM issue on a hackintosh. Has anyone got round this problem? I realise I can just watch in my browser but its not the same. I am in the UK and it all works fine on my real Mac.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi im getting a problem with the licence when i play a downloaded program. it plays the 10 seconds of bbc logo then i get this window

Media usage rights acquisition.

bbc iplayer beta

you do not have the licence to play this file

to watch or listen to bbc content online,please visit

bbc.co.uk

• 2 months later...
There is something about the hackintosh setup which prevents the licensing from working. I dont know what and it will take a hackintosh guru to figure it out. I've just built a fresh hack with 10.6 and the problem is still there.

I think so too. Did you update the version of player? I've read a thread in which user said that he has the same problems with TeamViewer after updating its version.

I *think* it may be a combination of having a valid network interface configured as en0 and a valid SMBIOS.plist for your board/setup. I have got my network card as en0 and this alone hasnt fixed it. There is a guide on how to create an smbios on prasys blog (google 'prasys smbios.plist').

Reading posts about netflix and silverlight problems have led me to this conclusion.