iDeneb Combo Upgrade KIT 10.5.7

93 posts in this topic

Finally, I restored my system by replacing all the extensions with my 10.5.6 backups.

(so lucky, I backup them before upgrading)

How do you installed backed up kernels. My computer won't boot. It hangs on "AppleNForceATA= 0 devices found"

Hi! I had 10.5.5 by iDeneb then tried 10.5.7 iDeneb Combo Upadate. Now system is stuck during booting (spinning circle) and after a while hdd is stopped. The problem is the same way as was described above. I didn't back up any extensions. Is there a way to fix it?

I think 10.5.7 comboupdate package is a mess for us ideneb 1.4 users.

Cause i met not a person with a clear working system.

Again...Don´t be fools and try to update your running system to 10.5.7.

Mostly it´ll not work after the update

Finally, I restored my system by replacing all the extensions with my 10.5.6 backups.

(so lucky, I backup them before upgrading)

Can you tell me WHICH extension kext files did you used to replace to have them working on 10.5.7

I also did the same exact thing as you, I Backup all my extensions, the one's I have are:

~/System/Library/Extensions

~/System/Library/SystemConfiguration

And well the Backup that 10.5.7 leave syou with:

~/Library/Backups

AppleSMBIOS.kext

System.kext

So can you help me out.. which did you Replace on to 10.5.7 from the prior 10.5.6 backup ????

Thanks

Hello again, i reported a couple of days back that everything went well updating ideneb 10.5.6 to 10.5.7, well i just found out that my external usb drives won't mount. usb works though as i can sync my iphone no problem. The drives show up in system profiler but i can't see them using disk utility at all. I'm looking for a solution...any help is welcomed!

EDIT: I solved it system.kext version didn't mach kernel version so i just had to replace it for a new one...

cheers mates!

Well...

After installing this again, after restoring my old (ruined!) install from a TM backup, this worked.

I installed it, rebooted, and got a black screen with no message. Went in to XP, which has MacDrive installed, copied my IONetworkingFamily kext from my kext backup to my partition, reboot in to OS X, got the usual restart, and then when it booted again, it all worked. Marvelous!

So, I've been stuck at iDeneb 10.5.5 for quite some time and it was only when the newer Apple software required 10.5.7 that I decided it was time to upgrade.

When I tried to upgrade to 10.5.6, for some reason or another, audio would not work with my set up. So what I did, was I reinstalled 10.5.5, save AppleHDA.kext and ALCInject.kext on another volume. I then installed iDeneb 10.5.6 Just as the previous attempts, audio did not work.

I then downloaded the standalone Apple 10.5.7 upgrade and installed it. I rebooted the computer and everything seemed to work well but it went blank and rebooted on its own again. The second time I rebooted the computer, I pressed F8, typed -v -f -x at the prompt and hit enter. The computer then rebooted successfully.

Everything worked except for audio. I went into the /System/Library/Extensions folder and removed AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject.kext. I took the older ones from the 10.5.5 install that I had backed up and placed them in the /System/Library/Extensions folder. I deleted the extensions cache, repaired permissions in disk utilities, rebooted and now my audio works with 10.5.7 I was able to successfully install iLife '09 and Safari 4 which is blazingly fast and well worth doing the upgrade.

My SG33G5 rocks out as a Hackintosh and I would rather have it than a MacMini. But I would still rather have a real Mac Pro for my next full time PC. Check out my sig for hackintosh hardware specifics. Hope this helps. Time to update my Dell 1525 Hackbook.

Again...Don´t be fools and try to update your running system to 10.5.7.

Mostly it´ll not work after the update

Worked perfectly on MY desktop system, coming from XxX 10.5.6. Only thing I had to do was set the kernel back to AnV (since the update sets it to a vanilla kernel).

I then downloaded the standalone Apple 10.5.7 upgrade and installed it. I rebooted the computer and everything seemed to work well but it went blank and rebooted on its own again. The second time I rebooted the computer, I pressed F8, typed -v -f -x at the prompt and hit enter. The computer then rebooted successfully.

The double reboot thing is actually pretty common, even on real Macs, for certain system updates.

I think 10.5.7 comboupdate package is a mess for us ideneb 1.4 users.

Cause i met not a person with a clear working system.

Thats mostly because ideneb disc installs various hacked kexts by default; and theres no way for the 'common' user to know that. When those kexts get replaced by the update you end up with a no-bootable system

by my personal experience if you have a recent pc you only need to do this: (tested on iPC and XxX release)

1º update to 10.5.7 (i used apple update)

2º try to boot to see if it works ( it will reboot 1 or 2 times but its normal)

3º if your system dont boot or have strange graphic problems , boot in SAFE MODE and install your kexts again (graphic card , sound card etc)

Updated my trusty old Medion (see: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...Medion_MD8383XL ). All I had to do to get past the 'still waiting for root device' hangup was restoring all the old *ATA* kexts, the new 9.6.0 AnV kernel does not seem to mind. And I installed a few other things, like the right version of Seatbelt, the patched usb drivers. Everything seems to run stable now, including sleep (!).

By the way: I use two OSX partitions, one stable and one to play with. This is a *really* big help in troubleshooting. Modify the 'play' partition until it works, keeping a log on what you do to get it working and only then, modify the stable partition. What the hell, it will only cost you about 15 GB of disk space ;-). Just an idea.

• 2 weeks later...

I had successfully upgraded to 10.5.7, using iDeneb’s combo, but would get a greyish screen with artifacts.

System:

Asus A8N-SLI Premium

AMD 165 Opteron

MSI ATI 4850HD

Found this (and other sites) reporting issue with some of the ATI HD series.

At first, I tried the Natit package (first link), but upon reboot I got a black screen. Looks like the hard drive was being access, but nothing on the screen.

I found 2 things, that I tried at the same time, so I’m which one (or both) did the trick:

1) After install of natit package, upon reboot I used the -f option

2) Put in a DVI2VGA adapter in the 2nd DVI port

This seems to work and now I have a 10.5.7 system!

NOTE: If I remove the DVI2VGA adapter and reboot, I get the black screen.

So whats the consensus here, should I update or not, my specs are:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16ghz

Mobo: Intel BOXDG45ID

Video: MSI Radeon HD4850

And if I should, what is the proper way, I see a couple different ways people have posted, whats the easiest...?

edit: IT WORKS, well not the iDeneb combo upgrade kit thing, but I found it in another thread:

What an impressive release. I've tried iAtKOS 5 and PC OSx86 10.5.6, both were OK with minimum issues, but I kept going back to my trusty-old-but-stable XxX 10.4.10 install. But no more.

iDeneb 1.4 made me a Leopard user at last. It installed successfully on my GA-945GZM-S2 mobo with a Dual Core E2160 using the following options:

- Kernel 9.2.2 SSE3

- Chipset ICHx fix

- Audio ALC883 (plain)

- Video Intel GMA950

- Realtek R1000

To update to 10.5.7 I had to backup the kexts using the included OSx86Tools, upgrade with System Update and then restore the kexts. Then reboot twice. Otherwise I would get no sound working after the update.

Thank you very much and congratulations for a flawless release!

That crazy SOB, IT WORKS, IT REALLY WORKS!

3681054060_d9be1510fa_o.png

And we have completely different specs, so you know it's good!

I've had some success. System: M2N-SLI, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+, 8GB, 1TB SATA, GeForce 8500 GT 1GB, USB keyboard and mouse, ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P

Installed XxX 10.5.6 with very little tweaking - sadly, I didn't write down the specifics. I had to post install video - didn't choose any at install and resulted in scrolling problems besides just the one raster (1024x768). I still have to boot with "maxmem=4096" or it hangs trying to use all 8GB.

After some preliminary preference setting work, I "restored" the whole volume to another partition using Disk Utility - very quick if you let it erase the destination. I then booted on the copy to test it. Worked.

I read through the iDeneb 10.5.7 Upgrade forum, wincing at the difficulties, read the documentation, used OSX86Tools to back up kernels/kexts and run the upgrade's installer. Did the double reboot with "voodoo maxmem=4096" each time and it seemed work very well ... so far.

I did find that I lost the USB drive mounting ability, however.

hello

can i update from ideneb 10.5.5 to 10.5.7 with this upgrade kit? or only from 10.5.6 ?

thx

I don't know if the hassle to update to iDeneb 10.5.7 is worth it, because it depends on the hassle you encounter.

But it is worth it to get from 10.5.5 to 10.5.6

iDeneb 10.5.6 is a seamless install.

Small nice detail, but I like it -wake up from sleep with Keyboard stroke

After iDeneb 10.5.6 is installed, you can update to 10.5.7 as mentioned in this thread

Aries326 - post 58

by using the Apple stand alone 10.5.7 updater package.

That install works. I can't speak for how stable it will be for you and your set up.

From my first look at it as a user, when you put it to sleep - it goes into hard sleep (shuts down) but can be started up with keyboard stroke, but goes through all the start up procedure.

Can anybody tell me why i get a grey screen saying that i have to restart my computer by holding the power button:(, everytime i execute a .dmg file. I just installed iDeneb 10.5.6.Voodoo Kernel gave me ACPI Kernel Panic, so i had to go with another one. I think it was speedstep...hmm {censored} i forgot, could've been the Modbin one. Anyways I got a Gigabyte

GA-MA770-UD3/US3 board with an AMD Phenom II 940 X4 Black Ed. Processor, 8 Gbyte DDR RAM,

Please help me. I can not install any programms.

Any help appriciated.

thanx.

Can anybody tell me why i get a grey screen saying that i have to restart my computer by holding the power button:(, everytime i execute a .dmg file. I just installed iDeneb 10.5.6.Voodoo Kernel gave me ACPI Kernel Panic, so i had to go with another one. I think it was speedstep...hmm {censored} i forgot, could've been the Modbin one. Anyways I got a Gigabyte

GA-MA770-UD3/US3 board with an AMD Phenom II 940 X4 Black Ed. Processor, 8 Gbyte DDR RAM,

Please help me. I can not install any programms.

Any help appriciated.

thanx.

you are using the wrong seatbelt.kext. get one that matches the kernel or just try one from the previous release.