[GUIDE]+[STUDIO] ZOTAC GEForce 9300 WIFI DDR2 and DDR3 Snow --> ML TEST 1082 sleep #795

Hugo_bee

850 posts in this topic

Indeed

It's mine mods

You've to fix with your id

Maybe it is not enough to fix qe/ci

i suppose my render is quite similar to yours.. So this evening i'll check if i'm qe

Are you using xcode tool to check it properly?

Hi everyone! I'm experiencing a KP early in the boot process. After AppleACPICPU is loaded, the system locks up. The kext in the backtrace is:

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform

I'm running an IONITX-F-E, the kexts folder from post 795, DSDT package from .zip 01, chameleon 2064. Did I miss a patch? I had a great system running at 10.6.8, and now I'm kicking myself for not leaving it be.

Thanks for all the great work done on this little board thus far!

I don't know how your mobo...

so the only best answer is that platform requires another drivers ..

Maybe ionix in not invidia mcp79..

And osx cannot boot without the right acpiplatform

Search outside this thread

• 1 month later...

vicentj and ugokind

I am attaching a tar of the AppleHDA kext that I have been able to use without issues. I'm currently using it in 10.8.2. What I did was remove the original AppleHDA.kext with the back up one that I have.

Current status:

so I update to 10.7.5 only to find out that the built-in video no longer works (black screen after boot up). Tried to replace the NVDAResman.kext as previously worked but this time no go. I dug up a geforce 8400 gs pcie and that worked with efi string. I then proceeded to do the extra hard drive with two partitions install method for installing 10.8. After my tries I finally got a working system. I basically had to remove the following kexts and replace them with the ones from 10.7.5

NVDAGF100Hal.kext

NVDAGK100Hal.kext

NVDANV50Hal.kext

NVDAResman.kext

NVSMU.kext

I'm not certain which one(s) have the actual changes in them but I dont care at this point cause it's working fine. after the install I then replaced the AppleHDA.kext with the patched one I have attached to this post. I get audio out, video out with external card.

the only other issue I have ran into is that I have to add npci=0x2000 to kernel flags

system set up:

I-E version of the board

patched bios from the first page

the patched AppleHDA

the replaced NV* kexts from 10.7.5

and these three in /E/E:

FakeSMC.kext

NVEnabler64.kext

ZEvOreboot.kext

PCIE GeForce 8400 GS 512MB

8G RAM

Intel Core 2 Duo Quad Q8300

Chimera 1.11.1 boot loader as needed for 10.8 so I have found

-

Yozik

ps if needed I can post the NV* kexts I found that work for me if needed

AppleHDA.kext.tar

very good

I'll test it asap

about the Video drivers.. I suggest to use mine attachments in the 1st post because you can really use the latest 3.04 invidia drivers..

but the black screen is solved with the resolver .. that is also in the 1st post

I prefer to remain as near as possible to the apple original driver..

thanks for all and Happy New Year

ugokind

I had tried out the 3.04 drivers and the installer kept saying that I already had the drivers installed, so I then opened the installer and ran the installer that is in it only to get black screen still. Guess I should ask what is the resolver? is it the two kexts that start with _ ? is there anything else I need?

I'll try again maybe I missed the resolver part.

glad the audio works for you

thanks

Yozik

ok

I know that the smbios is not needed in the bios mod zotac.. but

try exactly those attachments

it's important yopu have the vanilla apple kexts.. the latest invidia drivers and the injector i give you

I have a black screen with other injectors. tried ALL

believeme

remove your injectors.. ALL

and put mine

use the parameters in the boot plist

and use the 795 attachment for the other requirements (also AIGPM which match to this smbios attached below)

ah

the audio is good but if I plug in the earphone.. there's a constant noise in the background.. a little zzzrrzzz

Archivio.zip

NO EFI strings

look inside the zip

injectors are injectors

EFI is a KEXT plist converted in a base64 string

LION 10.7.5 has the same behaviour as ML

if you want to have a perfect screen without injectors or EFI.. you should stay at 10.7.2 or 10.7.3!

why you moved to 10.7.5.. is only an upgrade of compatibility to certain server/hardware

but the management of IO is changed and is the same as ML... that's why you have black screen and before not

I have a Lion OS backed up for testing in zotac. but I remain in 10.7.2! obviously.

you'd apply the same policy that you use in windows about UPDATE

an update is not always needed. You must read the changelog.. and decide if it's really needed by your environment.

i.e. 10.7.5 is a radical change in the OS structure.. but not in the drivers.. not at all. and not for a good running in a zotac

ok just wanted to be sure

hmm still not working I get black screen, oh well. At lest I know the external card works with the updated drivers, so the only real modification is the AppleHDA that needs to be put back after updating.

thanks for your help

--

Yozik

de nada.

I never have tested with more than the embedded vga 9300

so .. we're quite different.

I suggest you to migrate to latest ML.. and retry. remember that there are few chameleon boot manager that run fine

good luck my friend

sorry I wasn't clearer before this is on 10.8.2

I guess we have different end goals, well maybe

anyhow, I am thankful for your help and I am wiling to help out anyone with what ever I can

I can say for ML 10.8.2 that the patched audio kext still works and that I had to use Chimera to boot

if anyone else has questions please ask

--

Yozik

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Did anyone tried more recent versions of OSX, like 10.8.4-5 or 10.9.0?

I could never get zotac board to work with anything past 10.7.2 and even with 10.7.2 onboard graphics card is non-accelerated (wrong aspect ration and all)... Is it possible at all to get onboard graphics working properly?

Any hint?

• Like 1

Did anyone tried more recent versions of OSX, like 10.8.4-5 or 10.9.0?

I could never get zotac board to work with anything past 10.7.2 and even with 10.7.2 onboard graphics card is non-accelerated (wrong aspect ration and all)... Is it possible at all to get onboard graphics working properly?

Any hint?

I recently did a fresh install due to sDD failure. I have the latest 10.8.x installed. I'm not using the built in graphics, but a pci nvidia card. I'm using the bios mod from page 1.

I recently did a fresh install due to sDD failure. I have the latest 10.8.x installed. I'm not using the built in graphics, but a pci nvidia card. I'm using the bios mod from page 1.

I had to flash back Zotac bios because windows 8 complained about non-compliant bios... Did I pick up wrong bios from page 1? Does Windows 8 work with modded bios?

Also, I was under impression that newer Nvidia drivers from Archivio.zip in previous page would get on-board graphics going, but I had zero luck with that. Do I misunderstand something?

I have a spare nvidia card that I am about to try with 10.8.5-10.9 that used to work back in pre-10.7.3 days... Any special things I would need to do or with pci-e graphics it is pretty much retail 10.8.5 install + [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]?

I had to flash back Zotac bios because windows 8 complained about non-compliant bios... Did I pick up wrong bios from page 1? Does Windows 8 work with modded bios?

Also, I was under impression that newer Nvidia drivers from Archivio.zip in previous page would get on-board graphics going, but I had zero luck with that. Do I misunderstand something?

I have a spare nvidia card that I am about to try with 10.8.5-10.9 that used to work back in pre-10.7.3 days... Any special things I would need to do or with pci-e graphics it is pretty much retail 10.8.5 install + [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]?

I can't speak windows as the box is dedicated to osx only. Had issues a while back with the built in graphics so I went the route of external card. Most nvidia cards should out of the box with the 10.8.x install from what I have read. You may need to do graphicsenabled=yes on boot.

Also verify that you have the correct boos for your board,maps there are multiple revisions of the board.

Yozik

Indeed. No Windows..dsdt/acpi in biosmodded version is quite different in some tables.

I suggest to use archivio.zip (latest) and the appleacpiplatform modded from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

The override kexts in the archivio.zip solve the black screen at boot.

I retested it one month ago..before selling my zotac

My spare PCIe board is the same GF 8400 as onboard graphics... So I got pretty much the same results with it last night :)

Do I understand it right that I need Natit to enable GF 8400 and _OverrideNV* kext would take care of onboard graphics? In other words if I just add Natit, it should fix my PCIe GF 8400 board and I really need _OverrideNV for onboard only?

BTW, what PolicyTymcedStreamDisabler.kext does exactly?

I suggest to use archivio.zip (latest) and the appleacpiplatform modded from #####

The override kexts in the archivio.zip solve the black screen at boot.

AppleACPIPlatform I need to just roll it back to 10.8.1, right? And to avoid CMOS reset I just need ElliottForceLegacyRTC and that's all I really need from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], right?

Policydisabler serves to stup problems in strange behaviors when stream media

I never had external card..never did tests I don't know the consequences to use or not those injectors

I've been injecting with NVEnabler http://www.osx86.net/files/download/1989-nvenabler/ last night and had no luck with either on board GF 8400 or my PCIe card - It either goes black screen or monitor turns off... Looks like _OverrideNV* kext has no effect on either onboard or PCIe. Could they be too old by now? (I've been trying with 10.8.5 and 10.9.0)

Also is there any specific reason for Natit as an injector? With either Natit or NVEnabler I should do GraphicsEnabler=No to stop chameleon attempts to inject, right? Finally, is there any dependency in _OverrideNV* kexts on "patched BIOS"? Again, I had to revert back to Zotac BIOS because of Windows.

P.S. Once I got monitor to display bizarre color patterns when I used wrong (newer) NVEnabler... 

• 4 weeks later...