[GUIDE] Installing Snow Leopard/Leopard retail DVD on the GA-E7AUM-DS2H

dlach

761 posts in this topic

hi shawndoggy, attached: chameleon2.1-rev1666 patched for our board (IGP + more than 2GB RAM). With this version 10.7.2 + iCloud should work. Formarly com.apple.Boot.plist in /E must be renamed to org.chameleon.Boot.plist now. The keys for RAM in smbios.plist will not be read correctly - use the key "UseMemDetect", value "Yes" in org.chameleon.Boot.plist instead. This will show you the RAM in System Profiler. BTW: For dualboot with Win7 boot0md may be useful. Good luck! Update: And a new image for a ChameleonBoot stick

This stuff rocks, thanks olegischinski. I just did a complete reinstall using this method, Lion and installed your patched Chameleon, and it's flawless - except no sound (expected). Now I just need to go patch that, and I am all set. Thanks - good work.

• 1 month later...

And for the last time:

Sound over HDMI will NOT work with AppleHDA (patched or unpatched).

Out of interest why?

I've just got it working on my hd3000 rig and was going to try this one again with my new knowledge :)

Is it a waste of time ?

@scoobydu

My last DSDT should be ok for HDMI Audio. In my opinion AppleHDA.kext is the reason why this thing isn't working. Unfortunately I have no idea how to patch this kext and not much desire to learn it. ;) So if there is anyone out there who knows what to do with AppleHDA.kext, it would be perfect if "the one" ;) could help us to manage this thing.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hey guys,

bonami2k asked me if I could upload a newer Chameleon version for our Board because he is having some trouble installing Mountain Lion, so here we go. The Zipfile contains the Chameleon trunk version 2.1svn r2030 and some updated Kexts. You have to install it using Terminal, but maybe Oleg will create an updated version of his easy to restore image. :)

I'm not sure if this might be interesting for anybody, but Mountain Lion works flawless with our Mainboard :)

Maybe it would be good to start a new thread about installing Mountain Lion on the board? This topic is now 36 pages long, and difficult to follow/search sometimes...

Just an idea..

• 4 weeks later...

hello,

here comes an update for the ChameleonBoot stick ready for Mountain Lion

and Chameleon rev. 2050 patched for our board.

Same procedure as here

Onboard audio will work with patched AppleHDA.kext form Lion or try out the ML preview version by toleda (in this case use the DSDT from the additional folder of the image).

There are some nice kexts for monitoring in the additional folder too, but you don't need them. (Credits to Slice and others on projectosx.com)

Good luck!

ChameleonMLBoot.dmg

chameleon-rev2050.zip

• 2 weeks later...

well shoot. I messed up my install (don't ask!) and now I'm having trouble reinstalling lion. I've created the lion install media according to the guide, but I'm hanging at "[ PCI configuration begin ]". So I can't get the system to boot far enough to get to the install process. Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

hello,

Same procedure as here

Onboard audio will work with patched AppleHDA.kext form Lion or try out the ML preview version by toleda (in this case use the DSDT from the additional folder of the image).

There are some nice kexts for monitoring in the additional folder too, but you don't need them. (Credits to Slice and others on projectosx.com)

Good luck!

CONFIRMED!!! w/ Niresh12495's usb bootable image and http://www.alexpage....-tool/download/

GREAT JOB!

@scoobydu

My last DSDT should be ok for HDMI Audio. In my opinion AppleHDA.kext is the reason why this thing isn't working. Unfortunately I have no idea how to patch this kext and not much desire to learn it. ;) So if there is anyone out there who knows what to do with AppleHDA.kext, it would be perfect if "the one" ;) could help us to manage this thing.

Ok thanks will take a look.

hello,

Same procedure as here

Good luck!

Have audio working on 2050 previously, but not HDMI audio; is that still not going to work?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

@LJSeinfeld

Good idea! By the way, I'm currently working on a new and user friendly Mountain Lion Guide.

:)

Hey guys,

unfortunately it seems like I've bit off more than I can chew. ;) I am becoming a father and because time is precious, I won't be able to finish a understandable and easy to use Guide in in the near future. I hope you guys won't be disappointed with me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

OK- I'm back on hackintoshing the E7AUM.

First, congrats to e60 --and thanks for all your help with getting things working ont this board!

I've managed to get 10.8.2 up and running on my system, using the onboard gpu and the boot file from olegischinski's chameleon boot image. My question is: Will we always need a specially patched chameleon/chimera bootloader to get things working with this board?

hi LJSeinfeld,

as usual: with onboard GPU and more than 2 GB RAM the BIOS reports a wrong memory map that has to be corrected by the boot loader.

So if you stick to these restrictions, ###### method should be possible (never tested).

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply (and also for all your help with this board as well) :) -- could this also be accomplished via other means in the boot.plist? (sorry if this is a dumb question, but it goes a little beyond my current level of understanding)

no, there is no boot option nor key for this. Chameleon contains some code to rearrange the memory map, but it's not active by default. That's why we have to patch it for this board.

Now I get it -- Thanks =D

I think I remember something about patched BIOS for this board now that I think about it.. is that a possible "permanent" fix to the problem? (I understand there is some risk in BIOS flashing)

We could solve this problem by a BIOS flash, if Gigabyte ships a new, correct one (very unlikely to happen).

Windows and Linux check the memory map reporting by BIOS in the early boot process to clear overlaps and other inconsistancies - OSX doesn't. So Chameleon must do it.

That's life on a GA-E7AUM :(

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Gezz, maybe somebody can help me with installing 10.8.2 on this mobo. I tried:

1.mirror OS from my GA-P35-DS4 desktop with 3 different chameleon loaders downloaded from this thread.

2.vanilla 10.8.2 USB install image (used with success for P35-DS4).

No matter what I'm doing, boot always ends with switch to black screen when system switches to login screen.

Logs are showing "nvdanv50hal loaded" so it looks onboard GFX is recognised.

For me it looks like nvidiaresman has problem with selecting proper video output. I tried VGA, DVI and HDMI - no change.

I also tried reset BIOS to defaults.

I'm out of ideas how to move with thus feral mobo....

br

Hi Warped,

can you boot your vanilla USB Install Image with my ChameleonBoot Stick?

This is exactly what is scratching my head: no, I can't boot even vanilla ML :-(

How it is possible that: latest BIOS (F4), default BIOS settings+minimal desired changes (AHCI), stock 10.8.0 has exactly the same problem: switch to black screen when GUI screen should appear....

My USB stick has chameleon r1003, which is different than patched boot loader/Yours ChameleonBoot Stick. Do You believe this might lead to black screen issue ?

If so, may You provide me binaries/deltas I should implement on my USB stick to get it like Your's ChameleonBoot Stick ?

Mine was prepared with this procedure: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281192-guide-a-fast-and-easy-way-to-install-mountain-lion/page__hl__%20ds4