209 replies to this topic

kramer2k

kramer2k

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
Super noob here...
How would one go about modifing the /etc/rc file? Folder?

THanks...and your laugh goes........here

DK

azuran

azuran

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Could we get a new version of this please? The one in the topic is _not_ compatible with 10.4.4

typera

typera

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Seems like this is also not compatible with 10.4.5 either.

Could someone please post either recompiled (for 10.4.5) or attach the srouce and paste instructions on how to recompile?

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
yeah me too im stuck with the installation of osx 10.4.5 on my VAIO notebook no mouse or keyb...i can plug a USB mouse but then how to make it work? eheh i need ur file man

typera

typera

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I bought a USB keyboard just to get it working but so far can't. (ie external keyboard works ok but no point using it as its bigger than the whole laptop :censored2:).

So far have downloaded the Xcode 2.2 from apple's website (so I can compile stuff), downloaded the source from Darwin 8.5, 8.4 and 8.3 but cant compile either of the three packages, keeps saying that some .h files missing in the subdirs of the source package (can confirm they are not there).

Has anyone been able to recompile an 10.4.1/10.4.3 ApplePS2Controller under 10.4.5 ?

billmaudit

billmaudit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I have a kernel panic with ApplePS2Controller with FPU segment overrun error. I try to compile ApplePS2Controller from darwin 8.4 sources but i get the following errors :

ApplePS2Controller.cpp: error: converting from `void(ApplePS2Controller::*)(IOInterruptEventSource*, int)' to `void (*)(OSObject*, IOInterruptEventSource*, int)' in a kext. Use OSMemberFunctionCast() instead.

3 of theses when creating interrupts

i'm new on os x devlopment and further kext ! got to find documentation on iokit and that kind of stuff.

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,751 posts
ihope so much u guys can fix it !
thanx again

billmaudit

billmaudit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
ok, I finally manage to compile ApplePS2Controlller.kext from darwin 8.4 sources. But I messed up with others kext, so I'm now reinstalling from dvd, then I'll try my new kext. I hope i don't get that damn exception 9 coprocessor segment overrun thing !!

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,751 posts
oh nice plz keep us informed! asap

typera

typera

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Any chance of posting the recompiled kext?

billmaudit

billmaudit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
ok, here it is !

:) Warning ! :construction:

I haven't test it yet !!

So be sure, you know how to get back or have usb keyboard and mouse, or transmac to delete the kext if it doesn't work !

os X install in progress, I'll test it soon

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,751 posts

ok, here it is !

:) Warning ! :construction:

I haven't test it yet !!

So be sure, you know how to get back or have usb keyboard and mouse, or transmac to delete the kext if it doesn't work !

os X install in progresse, I'll test it soon

Merci :)

billmaudit

billmaudit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
ok, I just test it.
Works like "old" kext under vmware,
do the same error booting natively :construction:

FPU segment overrun exception in kernel thread context

I really don't know what causes that exception 9

I disassemble the ApplePS2Controller and found no FPU code in there, maybe in keyboard, mouse or trackpad kext. I have to investigate further...

Any idea is welcome :)

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,751 posts
u know what billmaudit : ive tried to use ur PS2Controller.kext on my Desktop PC working fine and it "broked" my mouse support the keyb was working fine no such error
i should try it with my VAIO notebook...but i warn u after using ur kext and switching back to the original i had a big permission error that i had to fix retyping the main Maxxuss command under -S at the darwin bootloader
maybe u should try on another computer

billmaudit

billmaudit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I kown about the mouse problem ! I had the same pb in vmware and know how to fix it. But when I came back to old kext I didn't have your "big permission error" !

Theava

Theava

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
How did that work on your viao cyclone. I think i have the same computer as you and the keyboard and mouse do not work. Im not sure how to do the kext replacement so im interested to see if someone can get it working before I even attempt... Lemme know!

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,751 posts
ive got the S1XP i havent try cause changing the kext needs a rebuild of the DVD or a USB keyboard and i dont have one...also im waiting for a mouse fix from billmaudit

pepsimax

pepsimax

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

ok, here it is !

:construction: Warning ! :construction:

I haven't test it yet !!

os X install in progress, I'll test it soon

Hi, cannot find the link for your kext, may be you have remove it. I own a Sony Vaio S2XP and I would be interested in testing your keyboard driver, as the keyboad does not work with 10.4.5 on it. Seems that it work on CycloneFR (salut) Vaio.

Thanks

billmaudit

billmaudit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
yes, I removed it because of mouse bug ! New version coming soon

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,751 posts
on 3 francais et on se parle en anglais lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy