Hacked PS/2 Driver :)

babaev

210 posts in this topic

so man what's up with the compilation of this driver? as u must have all notice NP nvidia driver now provide full support of high resolution on notebook, and Omni almost achieved his ATI driver too! so let's the show begin with a working keyboard :(

first billmaudit if u read carefully im not complaining about anything

secondary r u sure that this kernel panic fpu isnt linked to ur install? for the rest im gonna try but i need a USB keyboard to replace the kext and repair permissions.

voila a +

thanks Billmaudit, but it still does not work. In the start process (verbose mode) I can see this error : appleps2controller.kext : timed out on mouse input stream

and when system is launched I don't have neither keybord or mouse. I must then use USB mouse and keyboard in order to be able to use the system... <_<

thanks Billmaudit, but it still does not work. In the start process (verbose mode) I can see this error : appleps2controller.kext : timed out on mouse input stream

and when system is launched I don't have neither keybord or mouse. I must then use USB mouse and keyboard in order to be able to use the system... :(

Could you be more specific about your system, is it laptop, desktop, give model, motherboard, mouse type....

first billmaudit if u read carefully im not complaining about anything

secondary r u sure that this kernel panic fpu isnt linked to ur install? for the rest im gonna try but i need a USB keyboard to replace the kext and repair permissions.

voila a +

the kernel panic seems to be related with legacy usb support from the bios of my laptop.

CycloneFr : I made the classic installation :

- unzip ApplePS2Controller.kext on desktop

in terminal :

- sudo -s

- cp -R ApplePS2Controller.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

- chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

Billmaudit : My system is a Sony laptop model S2XP (Pentium M 1.8/ati 9700)

hi, i tried all the solution proposed here... but nothing is working for me.

i have an acer travelmate 4001 wlmi

centrino 1.5 ghz

ati 9700

i have installed mac os x 10.4.4 (with patch 10.4.5 included in install by Myz)

please help!!! i tried every solutions on the board :D

Hey Bill, thanks for all the work that you have been doing. I have been keeping up with this thread because my laptop keyboard and touchpad refuse to work. I have a Gateway NX850XL which has a 915 express chipset. 2.13gzh P4M and according to Gateway a "Gateway EZ-Touch" touchpad. I looked for the PNP Device ID in windows and I get: "PNP Device ID ACPI\SYN0403\4&3863886D&0" which leads me to belive that it is I Synaptics touchpad. I have NOT been able to get any drivers to work. I have scoured the forum, the wiki, and IRC, but nobody has a solution for me. Here's the deal though, It seems that if I change the files in the current kext that I have, the one on the prepatched DVD, and force a reload of the kext, it loads and both my keyboard and mouse work, but no matter what I do to /etc/rc there is no way that I can script a way to get it working. Is there any suggestions that you might have for me? I appreciate it.

i find the way for working keyboard :)

just open the file "applePS2Controller.kext" with right click and "open package".

then in "plugins" folder, you have "applePS2Keyboard.kext". Right click then get info.

In section "Owner and permissions", open the security device for change. select your username for owner to get permissions. Normally some parameters were shadowed, they will appear then :)

just close the file and modify the file /etc/rc how it was described before with kextload :)

it works+++ i'm searching solutions for trackpad :) using usb device does'nt kill me yet ;)

hum great! SmIIE and it works with the original 10.4.5 PS2Controller.kext of the one uploaded on this forum? thanx in advance

ps: and making the same change on the applePS2trackpad doesnt work i suppose

can u remind a full procedure for noobs and the rest cause there is so much ApplePS2controller.kext on this site that a clear workaround is a good thing

sorry guys... but i was trying to make it fine. The problem is that the system reload automaticly the permissions as before.

I'll try to explain...

We have a package which is responsible of ps2 devices : ApplePS2Controller.kext, this package contains three kextfile : ApplePS2keyboard, ApplePS2trackpad and ApplePS2mouse.

the problem we have, we have to reload the good version of package with goods permissions.

The package i have is attached here ;)

so now, we have many solutions:

- change the /etc/rc file which will be executed at every boot.

- unload and reload the kext file.

i don't garantee this solutions works fine, but you must try many times for working :(

the first solutions (under windows):

Download MacDrive

open the file rc in your osx HD and edit it with texteditor (add

"kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugins/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugins/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext"

at the end of rc file just before "exit 0")

Save and close.

Reboot and tell me ;)

the second solution (under osx):

delete files .mkext .kextcache (2 files normally) in /System/Library/

copy the package .kext i attached into /System/Library/Extensions (you'll need to authenticate so don't forget to load the virtual keybord;))

load this command in terminal (copy it into a textfile and "copy&paste") YOU WILL NEED A ROOT ACCESS!!!

sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/

ok, let's try it ;)

and if someone comes here and have a better solution WHICH works ...tell us!!

i don't its the best.

ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip

SmilE, thanks for driver, it's working :D

My harware:

Logitech MX310 USB mouse. Yes, i can connect it to ps/2-port with adapter, but i want it in USB for use she's rich functions.

Cherry G86 USB keyboard with ps/2 adapter. I connected it in ps/2-port because i can't find any useful drivers for this non-standard keyboard for use in USB.

Summary: PS/2-keyboard and USB-mouse.

Finally, all works fine.

After all, I tried some checks:

1) I removed this lines "kextunload/kextload" in rc. Keyb not working.

2) I enabled "Legacy mouse support" in bios. System hangs.

Finally, i reverted this points. All works fine when "kextunload/kextload" is in rc and "Legacy mouse"&"Legacy keyboard support" disabled in bios.

PS. Sorry, little correction, you wrote

kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugins/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugins/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

Correct it, please:

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugins/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext