10.5.7 on Inspiron 9300 with Geforce Go 7800 GTX

dgcaste

66 posts in this topic

powermanagement.kext has to be disabled! if I didn't specify this, I apologize, but I kept panicking on boot. The kernel panic specified powermanagement as the source of the crash, in your case, it seems to be the video drivers.

have you tried doing this install without installing any kind of video drivers, or installing the drivers but starting up in safe mode?

powermanagement.kext has to be disabled! if I didn't specify this, I apologize, but I kept panicking on boot. The kernel panic specified powermanagement as the source of the crash, in your case, it seems to be the video drivers.

have you tried doing this install without installing any kind of video drivers, or installing the drivers but starting up in safe mode?

i could not find where i can disable this kext. I tried one more install last night, another 40 minutes lost in my life. went through all customize options, there was nothing like power management.

After i did the install, i looked in system settings and disabled the sleep modes, etc... so that HD does not stop spining, monitor does not turn off, etc... but that's the only place i saw this power managment options.

the reason why i'm trying to follow the settings specified by previous user is because he has the same exact specs as on my laptop, and i need to get the laptop's LCD working, don't want to continue using external monitor.

I'm open to suggestions as to what to do in order to get that working without following the steps he listed about the 2 packages that had to be installed and some kext modified.

The panic happened again as soon as I used the finder to locate the video card's kexts. the second I clicked on one to copy it to my desktop, the system crashed.

Looking forward to any feedback at this point, the goal for me is to install the drivers so that my LCD will work in stand alone mode, without external monitor connected.

-- I have one more question. it seems that my problem in completing the setup is due to making the changes to the video kext files. is there any way I can create/find a boot cd where I can access the file system of already installed leopard on my laptop, so that I can locate those files in /system/library/extensions and make the additional entries for the devices. that might solve the whole issue. i've tried a couple of boot cd's i have, but they are loaded with dos/ntfs tools so i can't see the drive/file system created by macos. I need to access the following files

-Delete darwin.kext if you selected darwin instead of nvinjectGo.

-Select NVDA40HAL, open it, open info.plist, on the devices IDs, put only: 0x00c810de "6800go device ID"

-Select NVDAResman, open it, open info.plist, on the device ID's, put only 0x00c810de

and make those changes, so any ideas how i can boot into file system will be appreciated. Let me know if this makes sense or not.

on a side note, i wanted to find out if I do get it to work eventually, is there a way to make a backup of the system (i know there's a backup utility built in the leopard), so that I can then restore it if for whatever reason it crashes again so I won't have to re-install stuff all over again. I have an 8gb flash drive, would I be able to backup stuff onto it?

Thanks again!!!

Hi, I'm hoping you or someone else can help me out. I've tried close to 7 installs, and at this point all out of patience. I have the Dell Inspiron 9300 with nvidia go 6800. 1gb memory, 80gb hd.

Went through the installation and selections steps several times, all is well until sometime when I need to get to the extensions folder and start copying the files, any manipulations with finder or file system at one point or another end up with panic freeze. I'm attaching the screenshot, but it's pretty much the same thing each time. I have the DVI monitor connected as you can probably guess sinse I'm able to fill out all the prerequisites

I'll try to submit it to the iDeneb or voodoo team for review, but if someone has any constructive suggestions they will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

mac-dump.jpg

its very important that you don't restart the laptop once you sart installing the graphics and you must fix all permissions and clear exten cache with osx86 tools and shut down not restart pull out your dvi wire and push F8 when you are rebooting and you must boot with -F

i did not disable any power management features on my iDENEB install... and i am typing on my LCD right now... Remember you have to follow the steps exactly for it to work!

Hi, I'm hoping you or someone else can help me out. I've tried close to 7 installs, and at this point all out of patience. I have the Dell Inspiron 9300 with nvidia go 6800. 1gb memory, 80gb hd.

Went through the installation and selections steps several times, all is well until sometime when I need to get to the extensions folder and start copying the files, any manipulations with finder or file system at one point or another end up with panic freeze. I'm attaching the screenshot, but it's pretty much the same thing each time. I have the DVI monitor connected as you can probably guess sinse I'm able to fill out all the prerequisites

I'll try to submit it to the iDeneb or voodoo team for review, but if someone has any constructive suggestions they will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

mac-dump.jpg

another tid bit too... just like javi said if you are messing around with your displays trying to mrror or gather windows or anything like that before you have completed all steps it will cause a kernel panic.... make sure you follow step by step... i can't stress that enough.... make sure you are copying the right NVDANVXXhal for your card NVDANV40 is for the 6 series if you are using another nvidia series you have to edit a different NVdanvxxhal think 7 series are Nvdanv50 but either way also remember to install your newly edited kexts with kext helper... and reboot with -F its important! lemme know

i could not find where i can disable this kext. I tried one more install last night, another 40 minutes lost in my life. went through all customize options, there was nothing like power management.

After i did the install, i looked in system settings and disabled the sleep modes, etc... so that HD does not stop spining, monitor does not turn off, etc... but that's the only place i saw this power managment options.

the reason why i'm trying to follow the settings specified by previous user is because he has the same exact specs as on my laptop, and i need to get the laptop's LCD working, don't want to continue using external monitor.

I'm open to suggestions as to what to do in order to get that working without following the steps he listed about the 2 packages that had to be installed and some kext modified.

The panic happened again as soon as I used the finder to locate the video card's kexts. the second I clicked on one to copy it to my desktop, the system crashed.

Looking forward to any feedback at this point, the goal for me is to install the drivers so that my LCD will work in stand alone mode, without external monitor connected.

-- I have one more question. it seems that my problem in completing the setup is due to making the changes to the video kext files. is there any way I can create/find a boot cd where I can access the file system of already installed leopard on my laptop, so that I can locate those files in /system/library/extensions and make the additional entries for the devices. that might solve the whole issue. i've tried a couple of boot cd's i have, but they are loaded with dos/ntfs tools so i can't see the drive/file system created by macos. I need to access the following files

-Select NVDA40HAL, open it, open info.plist, on the devices IDs, put only: 0x00c810de "6800go device ID"

-Select NVDAResman, open it, open info.plist, on the device ID's, put only 0x00c810de

and make those changes, so any ideas how i can boot into file system will be appreciated. Let me know if this makes sense or not.

on a side note, i wanted to find out if I do get it to work eventually, is there a way to make a backup of the system (i know there's a backup utility built in the leopard), so that I can then restore it if for whatever reason it crashes again so I won't have to re-install stuff all over again. I have an 8gb flash drive, would I be able to backup stuff onto it?

Thanks again!!!

okay you can do this.... without being in terminal... when you are downloading the first graphics package grab NVDANV40hal.kext and grab NVDAResman.kext and copy each onto the desktop....COPY Them... show the contents on the first one... edit the plist and just add at the back en 0x00c810de make sure you put a space in between that id and the one before it...durrr.... save it and do the same for NVDAResman.kext too....save it on the desk top install the first graphics package then the second DO NOT restart!!!! osx86 tools fix permissions and clear ext cache... once that is done open kext helper drag the kexts from the desktop into kext helper and install them... after that is done go in and delete NVdarwin

go back into osx86 fix permissions and rese the ext cache again shut down unplug dvi boot back up push f8 and boot with -f or shoot me a message here if you are having a hard time i am good at it now....

Thanks again!!!

okay you can do this.... without being in terminal... when you are downloading the first graphics package grab NVDANV40hal.kext and grab NVDAResman.kext and copy each onto the desktop....COPY Them... show the contents on the first one... edit the plist and just add at the back end 0x00c810de make sure you put a space in between that id and the one before it...durrr.... save it and do the same for NVDAResman.kext too....save it on the desk top install the first graphics package then the second DO NOT restart!!!! osx86 tools fix permissions and clear ext cache... once that is done open kext helper drag the kexts from the desktop into kext helper and install them... after that is done go in and delete NVdarwin

go back into osx86 fix permissions and rese the ext cache again shut down unplug dvi boot back up push f8 and boot with -f or shoot me a message here if you are having a hard time i am good at it now....

Hi! Thanks for getting back with new suggestions. I wanted to clarify that I did not use the Terminal before to copy the files, I used the finder to visually browse to the folder containing the above mentioned kext files for my 6 series go card. But the second I click on any of them or select them the system does the Kernel Panic on me and I'm stuck with unusable machine sinse I cannot boot into it after that at all.

I have not tried to copy the files before installing the packages, maybe in this sequence there will be some kind of difference. I always tried copying the files for modification after I installed hte nv 41 package as per previous instructions.

also, when i was looking at the plist files for both of those kexts in one of them the list cotains ids with & before them, and in the other it's just separated with space. should I add the & then the hex number or just space and number for both? Thanks in advance. i'll try again tonight and will post as soon as I know something

OK, was able to follow all instructions to the letter. Having to copy the 2 kext files to desktop before installing any vid files helped with not getting Kernel Panic as in previous 8 installs if I did this after the vid driver installation.

Was able to complete all steps, did not miss anything, double checked the hex number of device that i entered in both kexts at the end.

shut down laptop, removed the dvi connector.

when booting up with -f -v options did not see any major errors or anything, it gets to the iDeneb blue screen with lettering iDeneb, but then keeps flashing and re-loading the error messages with log dump location, etc... message screenshot attached.

I'm so close, any help now will seal the deal!

Thanks!

-- P.S. During initial Apple update that i performed, I noticed that it had one more item (usually there was 6, today there was 7) for airport support update or something like that. I wonder if this could have had any issues added to my situation. It it really necessary to do this update, and if so are all items required or only some!?

mac-error2.jpg

Hi all. just wanted to say thanks to those involved with the instructions.

fyi. I have a 6800 and a 1920x1200 screen.

After some playing around with instructions from Javi and Dell9300w/Leo10.5 (I used these instructions) I have a working system.

With a few notes that were different.

1. I DID NOT install the "IOUSB Family Fix".

-> when I applied this, I'd get kernel panic when connecting any "mass storage" USB device. So I opted to NOT install it.

2. editing of kexts: AFAIK, 00c8 is the Device ID, 10de is the vendor ID, 0000ffff I think is the hardware location. but I could be wrong.

- NVDAResman.kext I used "0x00c810de"

- NVDANV40Hal.kext I used "0x00c810de&0x0000ffff" -> I used this format on previous versions of OSX

everything else was to the letter as per instructions. I wonder, if you choose NOT to apply any video drivers during install. would this solve the LCD issue? just a guess.

anyway, everything is up and running fine now, full res, everything working. no crashes so far. Oh, and I picked up an Atheros5008 wirelessN card a while back. No drivers needed, AirPort Extreme detected by default. specifically, I have a "SparkLAN WMIA-270GN".

Thats all, thanks again.!

Install was maybe.. 15 minutes? and I'm dual booting OSX/XP.

oh, and the new additional update was released today. didn't seem to affect anything either way. Though if someone is having troubles, a suggestion would be to try unchecking the "airport" updates. maybe a driver conflict?

Hi all. just wanted to say thanks to those involved with the instructions.

fyi. I have a 6800 and a 1920x1200 screen.

After some playing around with instructions from Javi and Dell9300w/Leo10.5 (I used these instructions) I have a working system.

With a few notes that were different.

1. I DID NOT install the "IOUSB Family Fix".

-> when I applied this, I'd get kernel panic when connecting any "mass storage" USB device. So I opted to NOT install it.

2. editing of kexts: AFAIK, 00c8 is the Device ID, 10de is the vendor ID, 0000ffff I think is the hardware location. but I could be wrong.

- NVDAResman.kext I used "0x00c810de"

- NVDANV40Hal.kext I used "0x00c810de&0x0000ffff" -> I used this format on previous versions of OSX

everything else was to the letter as per instructions. I wonder, if you choose NOT to apply any video drivers during install. would this solve the LCD issue? just a guess.

anyway, everything is up and running fine now, full res, everything working. no crashes so far. Oh, and I picked up an Atheros5008 wirelessN card a while back. No drivers needed, AirPort Extreme detected by default. specifically, I have a "SparkLAN WMIA-270GN".

Thats all, thanks again.!

Install was maybe.. 15 minutes? and I'm dual booting OSX/XP.

oh, and the new additional update was released today. didn't seem to affect anything either way. Though if someone is having troubles, a suggestion would be to try unchecking the "airport" updates. maybe a driver conflict?

i was having the same usb thanks for that fix...

you have to pick a video driver at boot... like i said NVDarwin256

here is what the final id line should look like in your NVdaresman.kext

<string>0x011010de&0xfff8ffff 0x017010de&0xfff8ffff 0x017910de 0x018010de&0xfff8ffff 0x018810de 0x018910de 0x020010de&0xfff8ffff 0x025010de&0xfff8ffff 0x028010de&0xfff8ffff 0x030010de&0xfff8ffff 0x031010de&0xfff8ffff 0x031910de 0x034910de 0x00c810de</string>

NOTICE THE LAST ONE ENTERED IS JUST THE DEVICE ID THATS ALL!!!

Final id for NVDANV40Hal.kext

<string>0x004010de&0xfff0ffff 0x00f010de&0xfff0ffff 0x022010de&0xfff0ffff 0x014010de&0xfff0ffff 0x016010de&0xfff0ffff 0x009010de&0xfff0ffff 0x01d010de&0xfff0ffff 0x039010de&0xfff0ffff 0x029010de&0xfff0ffff 0x00c810de</string>

Once again just the ID!!!

hope this helps

OK, was able to follow all instructions to the letter. Having to copy the 2 kext files to desktop before installing any vid files helped with not getting Kernel Panic as in previous 8 installs if I did this after the vid driver installation.

Was able to complete all steps, did not miss anything, double checked the hex number of device that i entered in both kexts at the end.

shut down laptop, removed the dvi connector.

when booting up with -f -v options did not see any major errors or anything, it gets to the iDeneb blue screen with lettering iDeneb, but then keeps flashing and re-loading the error messages with log dump location, etc... message screenshot attached.

I'm so close, any help now will seal the deal!

Thanks!

-- P.S. During initial Apple update that i performed, I noticed that it had one more item (usually there was 6, today there was 7) for airport support update or something like that. I wonder if this could have had any issues added to my situation. It it really necessary to do this update, and if so are all items required or only some!?

mac-error2.jpg

did you delete the NVDARWIN256... and also fix permissions and clean up ext cache before reboot

i had the same problem i cant remember why off the top of my head... but if you boot with the dvi hooked up after and open the display settings click on the button under detect displays.... unplug the dvi and then click detect display see if that helps

• 2 weeks later...

I still can't figure out why it's not working. I seem to have the same hardware as some others that installed it, and i followed the instructions to the letter, but I don't know what to exclude/include now to make it work.

If someone has any suggestions I'll highly appreciate them!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

I required some extra steps to get mine to work from the ones mentioned:

I had some major problems getting the graphics to work on my Inspiron 9300 (which uses Geforce Go 6800 256mb) despite following the guide on this thread, and many other threads. Took me several days of research to crack the problem (even though the steps seem quite simple that I'll describe).

Note: I could not get iDeneb v1.4 (i.e. iDeneb for 10.5.6) working using the steps above, even though they worked for other people who had the same i9300 with nvidia go 6800 as me :/ .. I used iPC OSx68 10.5.6 (is an internal link ;) )

The main problem I experienced was that often, once I got a stable system running, I could only boot if I plugged in an external DVI monitor: even after applying the steps above, the system would not boot on its own without one.

I finally fixed this using the following steps, but I want to share these steps because I found that although the above guides included what I needed to get the system working, for me there were several required steps that were missing, which I'll show now. Using this guide should hopefully help anyone with the same laptop as me who finds they're required to plug in a DVI monitor.

You will need:

KextHelper (I used version b7)

OSx86 Tools

Pacifist (I used version 2.5.2)

These are all available to install when installing using the iPC disk.

Install iPC OSx68 10.5.6

Options:

Graphics: leave all unchecked EXCEPT LaptopDisplay

Ethernet: AppleBCM440XEthernet

Kernel: Voodoo

Chipset: ICHx

Audio: AC'97

power management: BatteryManager only (AppleACPIBatteryManager?)

Fixes: Seatbelt, verbose,ClamshellDisplay if it's there.

Applications: select all

Can't remember where it was, but the USB option that enables high speed, and the one that adds kext-loading to rc.common, these are described in the descriptions. I think the latter one is under Fixes.

-- Hopefully you have installed OSX now, and you can boot it successfully, but because you didn't pick any graphic drivers, it'll be in a low-resolution mode. --

So far we aren't remarkably different to the above guide, except that we've avoided installing any graphics drivers. The other options aren't important really, at this stage, as I found I only had a problem with the graphics. Note: I didn't need to plug into an external DVI monitor.

Now,

1) Download Apple Graphics Update, and open and install it using pacifist (choose overwrite all when asked)

2) Download NVinjectorgo.0.2.0Installer and install it. I found that installing using NVinstaller v41 broke my system. If you're following my guide, just use NVinjectorgo.0.2.0Installer.

3) Now, you need to edit some of the .kext files that you've just installed to /System/Library/Extensions. The best way of doing this, I found, was to open the terminal and use nano to edit each one. In each case you're navigating within the .kext to Contents/Info.plist

e.g.

sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/NVinjectGo.kext/Contents/Info.plist

(another way of doing this is to copy the following kexts to the desktop, edit them there, then use KextHelper to re-add them back in the right place etc)

Steps you need to take:

3a) Edit NVinjectGo.kext->Contents->Info.plist

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x00c810de</string>

and (missing from above guide)

<key>NVCAP</key>

<data>

BAAAAAAABQACAAAAAAAABwAAAA=

</data>

and swap around

<string>NVDA,Display-B</string>

with

<string>NVDA,Display-A</string>

(you only need to change these, not the keys/strings around them)

3b) In NVDANV40Hal.kext:

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

3c) Next, open GeForce.kext->Contents->Info.plist

and change

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

3d) I didn't need to edit NVDAResman.kext .

Now fix permissions etc using OSX86Tools and delete /System/Library/Extensions.kext and restart! fingers crossed...

I hope this helps someone, as I couldn't find a set of steps exactly the same as these anywhere: it was a mish-mash of other tutorials. :D

EDIT: I've uploaded an archive containing the working kexts that I think are relevant: insert these using KextHelper, then repair permissions using OSx86Tools :) p.s. they're not viruses, honest! Just for ease of use =D .Note: this is only a replacement for step 3, you still need to do steps 1 and 2 first

EDIT: added a screenshot of System Profile

post-297933-1238439731_thumb.png

I still can't figure out why it's not working. I seem to have the same hardware as some others that installed it, and i followed the instructions to the letter, but I don't know what to exclude/include now to make it work.

If someone has any suggestions I'll highly appreciate them!

I was having issue similar to yours, I think, kernel panic right after installing NVInstaller v.41. And then the computer would never boot because the video install is incomplete? I was also having issue where mine wouldn't even boot after restarts with out the -f switch. I followed the guide exactly but made specific changes in 2 spots that have to deal with the video drivers.

a. When selecting video option on the initial install, I used NVinjectGO. (not NVDarwin256) I realize that the instructions specifically say not to use it, but I did, and immediately my computer was able to restart on its own without the -f.

b. When you are installing NVInstaller v.41. deselect 256mb Vanilla, select the mobile (GO) gpu option.

Give these a whirl, let me know how it goes.

dgcaste,

I have the i9300 w/7800GTX and installed iDeneb 10.5.6 with some success, but nvinstaller created issues for me as well. On my second install I haven't used it, and my card is recognized by the OS and my display is at 1920x1200 - performance is lacking in games however. Did nvinstaller recognize your card without any another changes other than what you noted?

I'm still getting sporadic kernel panics on reboot, so obviously all is not well.

dgcaste,

I have the i9300 w/7800GTX and installed iDeneb 10.5.6 with some success, but nvinstaller created issues for me as well. On my second install I haven't used it, and my card is recognized by the OS and my display is at 1920x1200 - performance is lacking in games however. Did nvinstaller recognize your card without any another changes other than what you noted?

I'm still getting sporadic kernel panics on reboot, so obviously all is not well.

Try it my way and use iAtkos instead of iDeneb. Full instructions for the 7800GTX are posted there, but it involves rolling back the kexts to an older version of leopard and then using nvinstaller. See the original post for details.

Try it my way and use iAtkos instead of iDeneb. Full instructions for the 7800GTX are posted there, but it involves rolling back the kexts to an older version of leopard and then using nvinstaller. See the original post for details.

I may have to do that - I would have initially but iAtkos wasn't as readily available... <sigh>

When you guys were running the iAtkos and iDeneb builds, were you disabling the PowerManagement kext? That is essential to the installation.

I'm going to be installing iAtkos today, and I wanted to get some clarification on when and where to disable the PowerManagement kext.

Is this an option at "Customize", or will it be something I need to do in the settings or remove from the Extensions folder before "patching" the rest of the install?

Thanks for all your help/efforts!

I'm going to be installing iAtkos today, and I wanted to get some clarification on when and where to disable the PowerManagement kext.

Is this an option at "Customize", or will it be something I need to do in the settings or remove from the Extensions folder before "patching" the rest of the install?

Thanks for all your help/efforts!

in iAtkos v5, it is one of the options in customize, it should say something like "disable powermanagement.kext".

make sure you expand ALL of the customize options and follow my directions perfectly. if you need clarification, email me at jilipoya (at) hotmail (d0t) com and I should be able to reply pretty promptly.

I used the iAtkos 5i 10.5.5 for my i9300 w/7800GTX install and after several attempts and help from dgcaste (THANK YOU!) I have it updated to 10.5.6.

I chose to use the disk utility to create my two partitions (OSX86 and WINXP). I’ll install XP later.

The install from the iAtkos disk was much quicker than my iDeneb v1.4 attempts for whatever reason, which was a relief considering I reinstalled it 3 times.

DO NOT rely on the iwi2200 driver and wireless to complete your install. My modem/router was not convenient for connecting my Ethernet port, so I figured I would install iwiDarwin, then install the Leopard graphics update and nvinstaller (since I could not boot in to safe mode and use the wireless). I thought I would be able to do the software update via wireless and then reinstall the video drivers, but software update would hang and lock up my computer. I suspect the video drivers or the wireless connection was causing the issue. On my successful install I stayed in safe mode until after I installed the video kexts at the end.

So, I moved my laptop and connected the Ethernet cable and followed dgcaste’s guide step by step. FYI, I downloaded the OSX update (377 MB) by itself, ran OSX86tools to repair permissions and clear caches, and then rebooted the computer and allowed the install to complete. On reboot I used –x flag for safe mode. I tried using Terminal as a super user, and it backed up the old system.kext but would not copy the System9.5.0.kext – it kept saying “Did not copy – System9.5.0 kext is a directory”. So I used OSX86Tools to install the 9.5.0 kext, and then renamed it to system.kext manually in the directory (I had to enable read/write permission in the extensions folder). Then I ran OSX86tools to repair permissions and clear caches again.

After that I installed the Leopard graphics update and ran nvinstaller, ran OSX86tools to repair permissions and clear caches AGAIN for good measure, and rebooted (no –x for safe mode).

All good – except – my wireless keeps doing the “Airport has a self-assigned IP address” {censored} and will not connect to the internet (I have the Intel Pro 2915 card). I’ve seen countless posts regarding this problem, but no simple solution. Any ideas?

Anyway, many thanks to dgcaste for his help here and via email!

• 2 weeks later...

Folks - I need your sage advice! :D

do you guys (with iatkos, 9300, and 7800gtx) have the DVI or VGA ports working? I can't test because I don't have a second display and I don't want to buy one until I'm sure it will.

• 2 weeks later...

Innus, You rock man. Thanks a lot for taking the time to post that. I could not find how to fix my laptop screen for the life of me and modifying the NVInjectGo.kext solved the problem.

Just wanted to mention that my device ID was 00c9 and not 00c8 so if anyone is having problems I would check your device ID.

Innus, You rock man. Thanks a lot for taking the time to post that. I could not find how to fix my laptop screen for the life of me and modifying the NVInjectGo.kext solved the problem.

Just wanted to mention that my device ID was 00c9 and not 00c8 so if anyone is having problems I would check your device ID.

Hey, no problem! Glad it helped :wacko:

Hey,

Is anyone else having problems with audio on their inspiron 9300?

I'm using the version of AppleAC97Audio that came with iPC OSx68 10.5.6 but I'm getting intermittent stuttering where sometimes sound will stutter so much it stops completely. Other times it's fine.

Apparently the sound card is a sigmatel stac 975x ac97?

Just looking to see if anyone else has this

Cheers,

Ian

I'm not having problems with sound on my iAtkos install - may need to look for a .kext update, I do have the Sigmatel AC97 chip.

dgcaste - I'll check the video on an external monitor today and post back

Also, what wireless card are you guys using that Airport recogizes without using iwi2200? I'm getting fed up with the issues I'm having + having to have my network unsecured to use it.

Hey,

Is anyone else having problems with audio on their inspiron 9300?

I'm using the version of AppleAC97Audio that came with iPC OSx68 10.5.6 but I'm getting intermittent stuttering where sometimes sound will stutter so much it stops completely. Other times it's fine.

Apparently the sound card is a sigmatel stac 975x ac97?

Just looking to see if anyone else has this

Cheers,

Ian

prodigal - how did it go with the external monitor?

my iAtkos install has good audio, but the subwoofer doesn't work when it's just playing thru the laptop speakers. anyone else have this problem?

Hi, I´m tryieng to install ideneb v1.4 on my 9300 with the Nvidia Go card. I have managed to install it in the past but now it´s just not willing anymore...

When I get to this screen:

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w261/DS...neb/iDeneb2.jpg

the progress bar doesn´t move, like it should. It did the first ten times i installed :( . Also i can´t start disk utilities, that just give the spinning beach ball for ages.

Does anyone know what might be causing this problem?

The reason why I´m installing it again and again is that when the computer has been unplugged for a couple of hours, I get a kernel panic saying something about rtclock. I expect this has something to do with the onboard battery??