10.5.6 Released!

pauℓzurrr.

809 posts in this topic

The ApplePS2 kext for 10.5.6 work great for me on a Dell Latitude D830!!

If only I could get my BCM5755 Ethernet or Intel 4965AGN wifi working, life would be just about perfect.

As a workaround� Does anyone know if it's possible to get a little SMC USB-Eth adaptor to work (and if so how)?

Thanks !

usually BCM NIC reports a MAC Address 00:00:00:00:00, try to change using terminal and typing:

sudo ifconfig en0 ether 00:12:34:56:78:90

type your pasword and exit

nic should be working now, but you have to do this everytime you start system

The ApplePS2 kext for 10.5.6 work great for me on a Dell Latitude D830!!

If only I could get my BCM5755 Ethernet or Intel 4965AGN wifi working, life would be just about perfect.

As a workaround� Does anyone know if it's possible to get a little SMC USB-Eth adaptor to work (and if so how)?

Thanks !

verify ID is right in BCM5755.kext in networkingfamily.kext. If not copy this to desktop, edit and install using kexthelper or OSX86 utils. Restart

usually BCM NIC reports a MAC Address 00:00:00:00:00, try to change using terminal and typing:

sudo ifconfig en0 ether 00:12:34:56:78:90

type your password and exit

nic should be working now, but you have to do this everytime you start system

Hi. I have Kernel panic KernelPanic.rtfon some applications COD 2,Civ IV,Palm Desktop etc, after update from Zephyroth 10.5.2 to 10.5.6 (Amd Patcher 0.31).Didn't have those probs in 10.5.2. Using Voodoo kernel 9.5.0 now. Did anyone experience those KPs on AMD? Thanks

HP xw9300

2xOpteron 2.6Ghz

Nvidia 7300GT

installed 10.5.6 following netkas instructions. Had to boot into safe mode once. Everything is working like before with a few minor issues. Restart requires me to reset pc won't restart all the way.

Also added the security update 2009-001 and safari 4 beta

I tried installing iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6 on my Dell D620 - although the initial installation went without any issues, upon reboot, I received the frustrating "Still waiting for root device" error. I am at a loss on what to do! If anyone has encountered this and has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks!

Mark

After a couple of months of frustration, I was finally able to apply the 10.5.6 combo patch to my D620 with the help of the PS2 kexts and the Voodoo kernel. I still need to do some tweaking but for the most part, it is running pretty well.

I am having an issue regarding password-protecting my PC. Although I have "Require password to wake this computer from sleep or screen saver" checked under System Preferences -> Security, when I hit a key or move my mouse while my screensaver is running, the password screen does not appear and I have access to my system. Has anyone ever encountered this and if so, what was done to resolve it? Any and all help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mark

Dell D620/2.16 Core2DUO/Nvidia/Dell Wireless/Kalyway patched to 10.5.6

• 2 months later...
Success on a Dell inspiron 6400 2GHZ . Direct update from 10.5.4 . With issues after update with Keyboard/Touch pad , audio and video. Also Dmg wouldnt load . ( used seatbelt kext from 10.5.5 to fix )

Keyboard fix with ApplePS2kexts_10.5.6.ready

***Audio Fix with Dell Laptop Post Installer v1.3.dmg *****

***Video fix with ATI ATIRadeonX1000.kext ( with appropriate string) Some tearing ****

Did not patch DSDT

hey there, i have recently obtained a dell inspiron 6400, have just installed 10.5.6(ipc distro). and

i haven't gotten the my ATi card running, haven't been able to find a good tutorial(most are outdated it seems),

do you have a decent link?? or maybe instructions, i also wasn't able to get sound either!

i did the Dell Laptop Post installer as well....hmmm, don't know why it didn't work....?

everything else works great, both cpu, firewire, wireless, ethernet.

any help would be awesome, a link or kext or two :rolleyes:

thanx

thanx

• 3 months later...
No ethernet (Intel Pro 100/VE) and firewire after update! (Toshiba U200 notebook)

Any suggestions?

Hi!

I read that you managed to install mac OS X on a Toshiba Satellite U200. I also have one and I tried to install mac 10.5.6, but I didn't succeed... It seems like a hardware problem, because the install is successfully, but it keeps rebooting over and over again. Do you have any suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance! :)