Attansic ATL1E LAN driver aka AR8121 AR8113 (P5Q series)

marionez

233 posts in this topic

im having an acer aspire 6930g and ive followed every instruction i cant get it to work

installed with kexthelper after restart you cant see it i about this mac -> extensions

does someone else has the same problem ?

I have the same problem. I tried both kexts on 10.5.6 and neither worked. Has anyone tried the Snow Leopard kext with Snow Leo on a 6930g?

So my question is can I get on the internet??!!?? I have a P5QC mobo alc1200 sound, gtx260 video and AR8121/AR8113/AR8114. I installed the snow leopard kext but it only shows in ethernet cards but not network. Could it be that mine has the extra AR8114 at the end according to windows? First post says that Atl2e is associated and not atl1. What can I do to get it going? Marionez? anybody? :D

I too have an Acer Aspire 6930, with an Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller.

The kext didn't work for me. The Mac doesn't even recognize the device as an Ethernet card with the kext as it is.

However, I edited de info.plist, adding the subsystem and subvendor id at the IOPCIMatch (like this: "<string>0x015e1025 0x10261969</string>").

Now, the Mac recognizes the Ethernet card, but it still doesn't work. The device appears now like disconnected.

Any ideas?

i have the same problem, plus after doing that when i restart my sistem doesn't load up properly anymore, i get what i guess is a kernel panic..

how come this laptop is so weird? we all have the same laptop but someone is able to have it working and someone doesn't..

Hey guys.

I have Snow retail and everything works except restart and the most important - network.

My network card is Atheros AR8121 on my p5q pro (with modded bios).

I have also adsl modem d-link 320B (ethernet). So, I installed driver from 1st post and everything seems to be ok, leo detects my card.

I set it to dhcp and it get proper settings (the same as in ideneb - I have also win7 and ideneb and on both it works great).

But I'm connected to the internet only for about 20 sec, and it disconnects (I even cant get to modem's configuration site) for 2 min and connects, then disconnects, and again ... without end. When I open network diagnostics it says: ISP failed. It must be something with snow leo because on other systems all works.

What can be a reason of this?

Any ideas?

ps. sorry for my english if i made many mistakes :(

also i have a p5q mobo with atl1e lan..

and wait for a solution

however thanks to people that want to resolve this problem..

Hello, I tried and success with this kext.

My laptop: Acer 4736, using Atheros AR81xxx Lan card.

http://partner.atheros.com/Drivers.aspx

You can see, I used "AR8131_AR8132_AR8152_v1.0.0.26_WHQL.rar" to install this for Windows 7.

Thank you for your kext. It's perfect.

Some thing you have to careful when install this kext:

- Using Kext Helper b7 : Search Google for this. It's easy to find.

- Open Kext Helper.

- Extract the kext, you have the file xxx.kext

- Drag and drop to Kext Helper.

- Chose "Advance"

- Click on the "Kext Permision".

- Click "Easy Install".

Notice that, you have to fill the root password (if any) in the password field.

That's all.

Fell free to contact me if any problem.

I still have problem with ar8121.

This is my system log.

Oct 20 19:30:26 abfh155 com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[79] (com.apple.NetworkDiagnostics[147]): Check-in of Mach service failed. Already active: com.apple.NetworkDiagnostic.agent
Oct 20 19:30:39 abfh155 configd[13]: IPMonitor apply_ipv4_route failed to remove 192.168.1.1/32 route, No such process:
Oct 20 19:30:39 abfh155 configd[13]: network configuration changed.
Oct 20 19:30:39 Mac-Wojtkas-Mac configd[13]: setting hostname to "Mac-Wojtkas-Mac.local"
Oct 20 19:30:42 Mac-Wojtkas-Mac configd[13]: network configuration changed.
Oct 20 19:30:42 Mac-Wojtkas-Mac mDNSResponder[26]: Note: RegisterInterface: Frequent transitions for interface en0 (83.7.45.155); network traffic reduction measures in effect
Oct 20 19:30:42 abfh155 configd[13]: setting hostname to "abfh155.neoplus.adsl.tpnet.pl"
Oct 20 19:31:40 abfh155 configd[13]: DHCP en0: RENEW/REBIND transmit failed
Oct 20 19:32:30 abfh155 kextd[10]: updated kernel boot caches
Oct 20 19:32:38 abfh155 com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[79] (com.apple.NetworkDiagnostics[168]): Check-in of Mach service failed. Already active: com.apple.NetworkDiagnostic.agent
Oct 20 19:32:40 abfh155 configd[13]: IPMonitor apply_ipv4_route failed to remove 192.168.1.1/32 route, No such process:
Oct 20 19:32:40 abfh155 configd[13]: network configuration changed.
Oct 20 19:32:40 Mac-Wojtkas-Mac configd[13]: setting hostname to "Mac-Wojtkas-Mac.local"
Oct 20 19:32:42 Mac-Wojtkas-Mac configd[13]: network configuration changed.
Oct 20 19:32:45 abfh155 configd[13]: setting hostname to "abfh155.neoplus.adsl.tpnet.pl"

Can someone help me?

OMG, it works perfectly.

My motherboard is not listed even if it's from P5Q Family, it's a P5QC.

Thank you very much, you saved my day.

Thats leopard correct for the p5qc? i also have that board but network doesn't work for me in snow leopard. if it is snow leopard please tell me what you did to get it working. or if its leopard you're on please disregard the reply. thanx

Thats leopard correct for the p5qc? i also have that board but network doesn't work for me in snow leopard. if it is snow leopard please tell me what you did to get it working. or if its leopard you're on please disregard the reply. thanx

It's on my signature, sorry it's Leopard :P

• 1 month later...

Hey, this driver has been working on my p5q for several months, flawlessly. Now I went and bought myself a NAS box with gigabit lan, and a gigabit switch, already had CAT6 cables, now... the question is, does this driver work at gigabit speed? or is it only using the NIC as a fast ethernet 100mb speed?

I looked at the ethernet section of about this mac, and under "media subsystem" it shows 100baseTX.

Well thanks in advance, I hope I'm wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that somewhere along the line, I must have changed something in my network for the better. Now under system profiler/ network/ethernet/media subsystem- the field is indicating 1000base T.

Great!, that means I can continue my setup without worrying about the nic kext

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello. I have Acer Extensa 5635G and iDeneb v1.6 and Atheros AR8131 , what I need install that my ethernet card work?

Upd: In osx86tools - View PCI Device / Vendor ID - "Ethernet controler [0200] Attansic Technology Corp. Unknow device [1969:1063] c0"

hi guys, is there a stable snow leopard driver for this card yet?

this driver worked brilliantly on my 10.5.8 install but on snow leopard i get dropouts every 2-4 minutes or so

is it a 64 bit driver? does that make a difference at all?

I too have an Acer Aspire 6930, with an Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller.

The kext didn't work for me. The Mac doesn't even recognize the device as an Ethernet card with the kext as it is.

However, I edited the info.plist, adding the subsystem and subvendor id at the IOPCIMatch (like this: "<string>0x015e1025 0x10261969</string>").

Now, the Mac recognizes the Ethernet card, but it still doesn't work. The device appears now like disconnected.

Any ideas?

i have the same problem, plus after doing that when i restart my sistem doesn't load up properly anymore, i get what i guess is a kernel panic..

how come this laptop is so weird? we all have the same laptop but someone is able to have it working and someone doesn't..

I've noticed that when I edit the info.plist that way, to add the subsystem id and vendor, the kext gets loaded on the HDEF device, according to the info in the ioregistryexplorer. So that patch is not the way to go.

Anyone managed to load the kext in Acer Aspire 6930 laptop?

Maybe starting from a newer linux driver.

l1e_linux_v1.0.1.0.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks. I had originally installed Snow Leopard on my Eee PC 1005PE using my own version of steps listed here (my personal steps are listed in the comments): http://maceee.blogspot.com/2010/02/snoweee...ow-leopard.html

Using the kext that was included in the install kit with that guide, I was able to see my ethernet card, but with no DHCP (which a lot of people have mentioned here). So when I saw this post, I thought I would give this one a try. Well I can still see my ethernet card, but now it doesn't detect when an ethernet cable is plugged in! When I uninstalled this kext, and re-installed the kext from the install guide kit, the issue isn't resolved!

Anyone else having an issue in snow leopard where it won't detect a plugged in ethernet cable. I would have been perfectly fine manually setting up the ip information, and now I can't even do that. Thanks for the hard work on these kexts!

Asus P5KPL-CM Core2Duo

lspci -vv

02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Attansic Technology Corp. Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller (rev b0)

[snip]

Capabilities: [100] #1969

Capabilities: [102] #1026

I have possibly some light on the people who get a card apparently all alive, but no internet. That is my situation too, except I have observed using tcpdump that the DNS replies to this machine seem slightly different to what I get on my genuine Mac G4. What's more with the Asus I can happily surf the web -if- I supply IP nr addresses needing no DNS lookups. Maybe the chip/driver is not sending/receiving udp packets correctly? More: I have Ubuntu 9.10 on this same box and it works sweet as thru the same enet port.

So, how much detailed logs & dumps would you gurus like, and where should I send/post?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FIXED

Asus P5KPL-CM Core2Duo

lspci -vv

02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Attansic Technology Corp. Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller (rev b0)

The AttansicL1ekext20090418 d/l'd from the top of this article zipped on 23/04/09 2:23am 42,293 bytes

MD5 d76515b55a3018524e2641f7713a5fc8

Does not work for me 10.6.0, 10.6.1

Does work 10.6.2

Tip (but you knew this already ;-) after running the 10.6.2 updater: Do Not Restart

(Re)Install MyHack 1.0 or later, or latest version of your favorite bootloader if 10.6.2 warranted

then restart.