• Please log in to reply
456 replies to this topic

retromacg3

retromacg3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Yeah you're right Mrx33, sorry, bad choice of words there.

The guy I was replying to was talking about injectors.

I've never seen an NVCAP value like

<key>NVCAP</key>
<data>BAAAAAAAAwAMAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=</data>

What is that anyway, sheep format?

Therefore my question (for the other guy) still stands: What are you using to edit the plist.

Beerkex, Mrx333

I am now using plistedit pro 1.4. Before I was just looking at plist's with text editor (so it showed values in hex format, aka sheep format ;)

I copy the NVdarwin.kext (version 1.2.5 now) from the extensions folder to the desktop, edit the NVCap value, and install with kext helper b7, then reboot. Problem is, I still don't get any different results when hooking up the 2nd monitor. Either one of the monitors always works fine, no matter if it's DVI, or VGA through DVI adapter, or straight VGA. As soon as I hook up a second monitor, either it goes blank with a cursor, or blue with nothing, or my desktop picture with tearing (and sometimes a couple icons bunched up in the corner, which eventually locks up if I right click enough times).

I've tried

which was pulled straight from the bios via nibitor on a PC,

and

04000000000001000e0000000000000700000000,

which looks like my cards physical setup on Krazubu's post ( http://forum.insanel...howtopic=103549 )

I think I have tried every variation of booting with different configurations, and hitting detect display's when I can.

This is on iAtkos 10.5.5, once I get it all working, and all these files, notes and modifications are saved to a thumb drive, and I will attempt a boot132 retail install. I don't wish to install w/o dual monitor support from the get go, unless you think somehow the iAtkos install is deficient in this support.

Thank you both for your help!

mookid

mookid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

...hex format, aka sheep format :)

base64, not hex ;)

I'm getting black screens on all outputs. I have a palit 9500gt 512Mb with DVI/VGA/HDMI.
What settings should I be using to get an output on DVI?

nyudoka

nyudoka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
See QE Support 10.5.5 Post 51

I think your issue is you need to install the 10.5.5 9f23 Graphics Update, then modify your NVdarwin.kext with the correct NVCAP value from specific card ROM, change ProbeScore string value. I had same non-support QE issue, and had my NVdarwin injector setup correctly which resulted in black screen, but once I removed the existing Ge* & NVDA* kext then installed the 10.5.5 graphics update I got it all working perfectly. I believe that is the key to getting the injector working on 10.5.5-6

mookid

mookid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
now I just get a hang at boot.

I've entered my NVCAP as specified by capturing the ROM in xp, but I'm now not getting any further than the 'japanese screen of death' during the apple logo spinner.

in '-v' the screen freezes after displaying;

NVdarwin: Setting model=Unknown NVIDIA card

no caps-lock response after this line (a trusty indicator!)

Disabling NVDAResman.kext gets me back into a basic lowres GUI

mookid

mookid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

if you don't want to reinstall

do this

boot with

-s

type this

/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /
rm -rf /system/library/extensions/nvdarwin.kext
exit

i will try with a clean install
maybe you made so many modifications
that's why most problaby is not working
verify your device id
try with ideneb
good luck
there is always a way
all you have to do is keep on trying untill you find it
good luck
thanks to everybody who's trying to help

This is a fresh clean install for experimenting with this problem, only a couple of hours old. Have not made any wild alterations yet! :)

mookid

mookid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
SystemProfiler is Displaying my card with correct VRAM 512MB and Device ID of 0x0640

I'm almost certain that all my problems lie within NVCAP. Everything else seems to be in order. I'm getting my NVCAP data from the rom I captured in windows.The crash happens during NVDAResman.kext with the message;

NVDA::start(NPGS) <1> failed

If I remove NVDAResman, this error goes too.

marionez

marionez

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
Can't understand why you don't follow this: http://forum.insanel...howtopic=139775

morpheee

morpheee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank`s for the answer, but i did it by myself yesterday :))) I had a problem with recognition monitor because i had used DVI to VGA adaptor, then I reattached my monitor straightly to VGA port on my video card and it works for me :)

retromacg3

retromacg3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

See QE Support 10.5.5 Post 51

I think your issue is you need to install the 10.5.5 9f23 Graphics Update, then modify your NVdarwin.kext with the correct NVCAP value from specific card ROM, change ProbeScore string value. I had same non-support QE issue, and had my NVdarwin injector setup correctly which resulted in black screen, but once I removed the existing Ge* & NVDA* kext then installed the 10.5.5 graphics update I got it all working perfectly. I believe that is the key to getting the injector working on 10.5.5-6

Nyudoka, is this directed towards me? I have iatkos 5i (10.5.5) and a XFX 9500gt 512mb. Thanks!

mookid

mookid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Can't understand why you don't follow this: http://forum.insanel...howtopic=139775

Oh, I can't follow every thread at once. I'm glad you've had success. Checking to see if this works for me! :(

retromacg3

retromacg3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Thank`s for the answer, but i did it by myself yesterday :D )) I had a problem with recognition monitor because i had used DVI to VGA adaptor, then I reattached my monitor straightly to VGA port on my video card and it works for me :)

Is there a way you could test dual monitors with your card? I have it working with either DVI, DVI-VGA adapter, or straight VGA, but if I plug in 2nd monitor, it's black/blue or garbled.

cicyoass

cicyoass

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
I can confirm 10.5.5 kexts (that is, use the 10.5.5 OpenGL Framework.pkg, NVdarwin.kext, and NVIDIA 9000 Series Driver v2.pkg) work in PCWiz's iPC 10.5.6 with PPF1 and PPF2 applied.

I am making a custom install DVD using INSTAHackintosh and see if I can get it integrated. I will post the result if it is confirmed working.

Great job, Mrx33!

mookid

mookid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

It doesn't work! :(

Updated to 10.5.6
Amended both the kexts with my deviceID, and added the GFX stuff to boot.plist
Can get into safe mode without the above edits, else my computer hangs at starting dsmos...

marionez

marionez

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
I can't test a second monitor, you would try to install the driver in the way I did and see.

For those who don't want to update to 10.5.6 you can simply download 10.5.6 update then you may unpack it and browse to the nvidia kext getting those and not the whole update.

marionez

marionez

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
I was speaking to those with 9500gt, anyway I don't think 7600gt use nvdanv50, but maybe you have to use NVDANV40Hal.kext driver, so try to edit that kext.... and maybe this is not the right thread for 7600gt :(

mookid

mookid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

I was speaking to those with 9500gt, anyway I don't think 7600gt use nvdanv50, but maybe you have to use NVDANV40Hal.kext driver, so try to edit that kext.... and maybe this is not the right thread for 7600gt :(

Ignore my signature. I'm replacing my 7600gt with the 9500gt

marionez

marionez

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
So I think you made something wrong, did you catch your NVCAP and dev ID?

mookid

mookid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

So I think you made something wrong, did you catch your NVCAP and dev ID?

Yeah, something isn't right. the 7600GT works fine in 10.5.6, so I'm sure it's not another conflict. My bet is on the fact that it is DVI/VGA/HDMI instead of the usual DVI/VGA/sVideo.

marionez

marionez

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
Yes it could be, you can try switching between the configurations while producing the efi string with osxtools, just try all the possible configurations
My 9500gt is DVI/VGA only

retromacg3

retromacg3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

I can't test a second monitor, you would try to install the driver in the way I did and see.

For those who don't want to update to 10.5.6 you can simply download 10.5.6 update then you may unpack it and browse to the nvidia kext getting those and not the whole update.

Marionez, the way I installed the driver is from your earlier posts I believe. It doesn't seem to work with dual monitors correctly (either DVI or VGA port seperately work however). If I update to 10.5.6, will anything break? I have pretty much all the defaults selected in iatkos 5i, no video or network drivers, only ahci, vanilla kernal, etc. I installed the rest myself (with your and others helpful posts). Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy