• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

naquaada

naquaada

Gates crusher

• Donators
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:Audio editing, Commodore computers
I also have some cpu problems... I've got an Athlon 64 3700 with San Diego core which should support SSE3, CpuZ on Windows x64 shows it. But the system profiler doesn't show it. I'm worried about that. My internet browsing is very slow (Safari, Camino, Firefox, Netscape 7.2) although i have full internet speed (220 kbit/s+). Could this depend on the missing ppc emulator? I can't find rosetta in the system. I read sometimes, that the DVDplayer will have problems in this cases, but it works and also iTunes, but I can't configure iTunes, only have an empty windows which I can't close. I had this problem on other programs, like Power20 or Power64. My system profiler also says that I have no ram modules installed but 16 GB RAM... shiish.

Has anyone an idea about that?

Veeoh

Veeoh

Luvin' it!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

OR use qemu!

or buy a new mobo and cpu.. not really that expensive.

cartman_go

cartman_go

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
ive seen a coupl of posts saying that people have been able to run osx86 on sse, and ive seen post saying it cant be don. which is it?

aqualeviathan

aqualeviathan

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

ive seen a coupl of posts saying that people have been able to run osx86 on sse, and ive seen post saying it cant be don. which is it?

It can't.

spacest

spacest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i had the problem "no sse3 on sse3 cpu"

original $199 hackintosh (celeron d, asrock p4dual) with cpuid limit off in bios. 10.4.5 myzar (?) dvd install.

so far no sse3

solution: original kernel from Maxxuss_Patch_Solution_v1.0a_1045 with applied patches base, nonx and amd_enabler.

this finally did it. there is visible improvement on expose, and xbench of course.

phew! :(

jonlevine

jonlevine

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

i had the problem "no sse3 on sse3 cpu"

original $199 hackintosh (celeron d, asrock p4dual) with cpuid limit off in bios. 10.4.5 myzar (?) dvd install.

so far no sse3

solution: original kernel from Maxxuss_Patch_Solution_v1.0a_1045 with applied patches base, nonx and amd_enabler.

this finally did it. there is visible improvement on expose, and xbench of course.

phew! :D

I'm having the exact same issue, SSE3 is not showing up in my system profiler event though it is an SSE3 cpu.

Spacest, can you please post a detail instruction on how you got it to work? Your post was a little vauge regarding the steps you took.

Thanks.

OPTiK

OPTiK

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
I have the same issuse on my Pentium D 805. I know it supports SSE3 (cpuz in windows) but only SSE2 in OS X. I have Mac OS X 10.4.5 (8G1454).

... and amd_enabler

Are you saying to install this even if we have Intel CPUs?

acido

acido

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
My computer support SSE2 and SSE3??
i don't understand this image!
please help me!

Posted Image

dripple

dripple

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
@Acido: No. Your CPU only supports SSE. CPU-Z showns no SSE2, no SSE3. Therefore, due to lack of SSE2, you're not able to install Mac OS X on your AMD. Sorry to spoil your hope!

@all: If you have an Mac OS running and want to see if your CPU, means SSE3, is really supported, just use Maxxuss' emulator-tool. It should come with the patch and is called "maxxuss_sse". Open a terminal and run "maxxuss_sse -i" (without quotes, of course). It should display some stats. If every value is "0", the emulator has nothing to do and your CPU's SSE3 is supported by Mac OS X. If are the values greater than 0, the emulator has detected SSE3-commands that can't be handled by the CPU. Also, in this tool, you'll find a little benchmark to compute the overhead for SSE3-emulating on your machine, just look in the usage by entering "maxxuss_sse" only.

Don't be afraid of an patched kernel (like the JaS-Patch floating around) even on a SSE3 CPU! Even a patched kernel will work properly with an SSE3 equipped CPU! The emulator just has nothing to do and wont be activated.

dripple

naquaada

naquaada

Gates crusher

• Donators
  • 267 posts
@acido: If you wanna have at lest a mac feeling on your machine, try this link: http://osx.portraitofakite.com/
I'm using it since V1.0 and don't wanna miss it. I prefer the V2 release.

greetinX from the Other Side!

acido

acido

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
thanks a lot :)

cpc197c

cpc197c

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Athlon XP 3200+, and it supports SSE and SSE3, no SSE2. Is there a way to tell the mac OSX to always use SSE3 and skip SSE2 all together, because I just get stuck at the spinning gray OS X boot screen.

dripple

dripple

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I think there is a another problem. Try booting in verbose mode (press andn hold F8 while power up and then enter into the commandline -v) and have a look at the output. There must be a warning or error apearing on the screen.

dripple

iTux

iTux

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
I Have PC: Sempron 64 2800+ (SSE2,SSE3 if believe in CPU-Z)
ASUS K8N4-E(NForce4-4x,PCI-E, etc.)
512Mb DDR-400 Ram, 160GB Seagate 7200.9 SATAII, 80GB Seagate 7200.7 IDE, 128Mb ATI Radeon x550 (128bit) and Keyboard and mouse USB and PS/2 too
I Have OS: MacOS X 10.4.4 to 10.4.5 by Myz Bootable DVD

Can you say me, What is trouble: I can't install it NATIVE mode.... HELP ME ~___~

naquaada

naquaada

Gates crusher

• Donators
  • 267 posts
@iTux: Sempron Socket 754 or 939?

There maybe some other posts for installation but I know that it can be frustrating to do this research. Here are my experiences which I made to get it run.

OS: Check the Image. I used the 10.4.5 prepatched version. It's not too easy to find, but I still have a t*rrent for it. I read somewhere that it must be burned to a DVD-R, a RW media won't work. It worked fine on my MSI Neo4 Platinum with nVidia 4 chipset and Radeon X1600 card.
HD: OSX could only be installed on the IDE ports of the NVidia 4 chipset, it won't recognize the SATA controller.
DVD: Must be set to master, if it's set to slave the installation will hang.

Installation process:

Make sure that you've got an empty IDE HD for testing. Maybe not too big, I had a 20 Gb HD for testing. It is possible to use mixed Windoze/Mac partitions, but try that later. Set it to primary master.
If the DVD works it should show a message of some kind of HD unit, ignore it. After this you should get the grey MacOS screen with the rotating busy logo. If the DVD-ROM stops working after some time, it could be a problem with the graphics interface "couldn't match family graphics" always appeared during system boot. After this you should select the language. If the installation starts, select the 'Disk Utility', select your hard drive (if it's present) and erase it. Then select it for installation. Tip: Use custom install and deselect all languages you don't need. It saves a LOT of disk space. The installation took about an hour on my machine with an Athlon 64 3700.
After the installation MacOS wants to reboot. The system may hang. On some machines a reboot won't work, but shutdown will. Others have the same problem. You probably won't get the grey MacOS boot screen, only a wild amount of text scrolling around. Another problem which other users also have. The machine will probably hang some time while it's trying to initialize the graphics display. After this you'll get the installation intro and you have to set some things like network address and so on. Skip the .mac network. After the reboot the default language is set back to English. If you're using another language, you have change it in the system preferences. Don't install System Updates, they cold kill the OS.

Yo, that was it. You have to use the Marvell LAN port, the NVidia Chipset LAN won't work. Look in the wiki to get it run. Internet and Windows Network should run immediately. Bluetooth runs fine via USB stick. If you have a mobile phone with Bluetooth, try to find it, using 'search for all devices'. It worked superb with my Motorola V620.

Wish you luck for installation and have fun with MacOS!

GreetinX from the Other Side!

naquaada

naquaada

Gates crusher

• Donators
  • 267 posts
Addendum: If the DVD-ROM stops working after some time due to the graphics ini problem, it should CONTINUE automatically after a some time, maybe a minute or so. If it still hangs, you maybe have a OSX version without the AMD enabler.
Graphics mode will be 1024x768 after entering the system. I used 1280x1024 by modifing the apple.ini.boot, but only in 60 Hz.
On my system internet browsing was VERY slow with all tested browsers (Safari, Camino, Firefox, Netscape 7.2), alhtough it was using the full rate of my 2 Mbit line, downloads were up tho 225 kB/s.

GreetinX from the other Side! (come over man!)

iTux

iTux

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Sempron 64 on Socket 754
I try install with my video card on other computer (Athlon 64 (939) 3000+ Epox EP-* Socket 939, 1024mB Ram and my HDD
and GOOD install
I try boot on my hardware... don't boot

I wait install but nothing doing....

DVD+/-RW Toshiba

naquaada

naquaada

Gates crusher

• Donators
  • 267 posts
It seems that you've got the wrong image. I had the same problem, the installation stuck after a while, watching the busy logo. The image I used was named osx86_10.4.4__10.4.5_prepatched_Install_DVD. This one worked for me.

GreetinX from the Other Side!

iTux

iTux

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Why it load onto other Athlon PC but not onto my ???
My Mother Board is ASUS K8N4-E maybe in this trobles *__*
I search into some internet but i can't search info about install MacOS X onto this board ~_~

iTux

iTux

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
If I buy That PC:
Epox EP-9NPA3Ultra
Athlon 64 3000+
IDE,SATA my
Video my
DVD my

Would you say me IT WORKED WITH OSX86_10.4.4_10.4.5 by Myz ^__^/???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy