• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic

Suslo

Suslo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I've try the kext for SNC and appear to work but for me the problem are the display driver. ok the switch work but leo not recognosize the display because not find the display.
And now the secret for me are the overrides.
What do you think?

so you got your vaio internal display working???QE too?

please tell me what are you done step by step m8.

Enrico85

Enrico85

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
No the kext appear to work but the display is black ok? the qe ci work only on the external display.
I've try also with the dsdt but not work.... Mrrboto if you need a tester I'm here.

mrroboto

mrroboto

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Mrrboto if you need a tester I'm here.

Sorry but i'm not doing anything. I'm waiting news from Epitorus but he seems to be disappeared.
He's the only one on the right truck. The problem is ACPI calls and LCD panel to be turned on. NVCAP is not the point.

Enrico85

Enrico85

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Sorry but i'm not doing anything. I'm waiting news from Epitorus but he seems to be disappeared.
He's the only one on the right truck. The problem is ACPI calls and LCD panel to be turned on. NVCAP is not the point.

Ok thank send me the news

XFire

XFire

XP You're Fired.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
I don't think NVCAP matters yet, I've followed other guides (before realising that Vaio actually didn't work at all.. yet.) and changed the NVCAP values and also some other values to try and get it to recognise the LCD, never happened.
Best hope is Epitorus.

epitorus

epitorus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I've try the kext for SNC and appear to work but for me the problem are the display driver. ok the switch work but leo not recognize the display because not find the display.
And now the secret for me are the overrides.
What do you think?

I tried AML overriding by adding in the Device(LCD) of Device(NGFX) some methods so that Leopard may be able to recognize the LCD, but it seems that there s no effect.

Here is the ACPI specification : http://acpi.info/

here is the original AML code taken from another laptop, and the internal screen work with QE/CI.

LCD)
{
Method (_ADR, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Return (0x0110)
}

Method (MXMX, 1, NotSerialized)
{
Return (One)
}

Method (_DCS, 0, NotSerialized)
{
If (LCDA)
{
Return (0x1F)
}
Else
{
Return (0x1D)
}
}

Method (_DGS, 0, NotSerialized)
{
If (LCDA)
{
Return (One)
}
Else
{
Return (Zero)
}
}

Method (_DSS, 1, NotSerialized)
{
}
} _linenums:0'>Device (LCD) { Method (_ADR, 0, NotSerialized) { Return (0x0110) } Method (MXMX, 1, NotSerialized) { Return (One) } Method (_DCS, 0, NotSerialized) { If (LCDA) { Return (0x1F) } Else { Return (0x1D) } } Method (_DGS, 0, NotSerialized) { If (LCDA) { Return (One) } Else { Return (Zero) } } Method (_DSS, 1, NotSerialized) { } }

for instance, we can determine the difference between a vaio AML and another computer's AML.

For my part, I have no computer with Internal screen working.

By the way, you can notice that at boot time in verbose mode,

NGFX : specific family matching fails.

how does Leopard find the name of the Graphics Device in the AML???

Enrico85

Enrico85

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
For me Or the display is plug and play or are necessay the overrides in System/Lybrary/Display/Overrides
But I've seen that also IOFAMILYGRAPHICS..... is involved.
What do you think

mrroboto

mrroboto

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
today i tried to put a cmplete DSDT from a macbookpro 4,1 on my vaio, i had to write device id on GeForce.kext then after reboot the last line i see after loading the video driver is "Monitor CRT Enabled" then a kernel panic.

so, i think a DSDT file with a correct device section, device id in the right video kext and a display overrides are the three things to go.

Blackshore

Blackshore

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
I love this! Thanks guys!

Let me get this straight.. you guys found a way to add CI and QE support the Vaio Nvidia cards...
But only on the external display?

Thats progress right?

DatMacMan

DatMacMan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i have a question. this doesn't really match this forum but what the
hack.--> OSx86 is to run Mac operating system and applications on
Windows PersonalComputers right? Is OSx86 finished yet. like is it
good enough to download and not screw around with and does it crash?
can you download it? where can i get the download? and is it better
with Parallels/VWfusion or native?

ojox

ojox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
This thread is for serious posts that are trying to resolve a particular issue. Please search the forum before posting. You're likely to find the answers to your questions.

Thanks

i have a question. this doesn't really match this forum but what the
hack.--> OSx86 is to run Mac operating system and applications on
Windows PersonalComputers right? Is OSx86 finished yet. like is it
good enough to download and not screw around with and does it crash?
can you download it? where can i get the download? and is it better
with Parallels/VWfusion or native?

XFire

XFire

XP You're Fired.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
There has been progress Blackshore, however unfortunately having QE/CI on an external display was always possible with Vaio Laptops

Blackshore

Blackshore

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
okey,

So what we know is the vaio cards have no problem getting the CI/QE working.. but there is some issue with getting it work on the internal display..and thats because of that SNC thing?

How does is technically work? does it work like a switch of somekind? Why did vaio implant this function, whats the purpose? Battery/Energy Saving?

I find that you guys working on this project are awsome! I bet there is a alot of work to make this work.
salute you all! Keep up the good work!

murdiaries

murdiaries

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

okey,

So what we know is the vaio cards have no problem getting the CI/QE working.. but there is some issue with getting it work on the internal display..and thats because of that SNC thing?

How does is technically work? does it work like a switch of somekind? Why did vaio implant this function, whats the purpose? Battery/Energy Saving?

I find that you guys working on this project are awsome! I bet there is a alot of work to make this work.
salute you all! Keep up the good work!

If I could be of any help with my Vaio CS11S mounting a GeForce 9300M GS, please let me know :thumbsup_anim:
I've also read that Phoenix Bios is somewhat very old and un-updatable without a fee. Consider I'd be willing also to donate some money if that's going to improve progress.

Blackshore

Blackshore

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

today i tried to put a cmplete DSDT from a macbookpro 4,1 on my vaio, i had to write device id on GeForce.kext then after reboot the last line i see after loading the video driver is "Monitor CRT Enabled" then a kernel panic.

so, i think a DSDT file with a correct device section, device id in the right video kext and a display overrides are the three things to go.

That sounded complicated.. has it been done before?.. some other laptop I mean..

tank6b

tank6b

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I'll like also to donate to make this thing happen! Guess the donations will make a good incentive to develop something that benefit all Vaio nVidia users. In my case I have a new Vaio VGN-AW11S/B with a nVidia GForce 9600M GT that of course not work at all using the internal display, mo matter what I do.

Please the interested developer can setup a project page at code.google.com and one paypal account for donations (I estimate there is many many vaio owners interested in this)

Thanks

Jose E.

Blackshore

Blackshore

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Have people lost interest in the subject or are you working so hard that there is no time to update the tread!? :D
Any Updates?

Even though it has nothing to do with this perticular subject,but project camphor seems also to move forward in a correct direction. So if this project and the camphor project finishes I can run my vaio 100% :D

Keep up the good work guys!

luuuuu

luuuuu

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
any news?

Milance

Milance

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
ehmm ? any news :(

mrroboto

mrroboto

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

news here
http://www.projectos...?...335&hl=vaio

my ioreg + sound kext
http://www.insanelym...p;#entry1103585

jlvaio could you post the procedure to dump the video and mb bios?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy