• 61 posts
still no driver for built-in webcam?

emi83ro

emi83ro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
any success installing 10.6.* on gx700 ?

i'd like to install it , but i don't know much about mac :( so a tut would be nice :D

thank you !

ghostdust

ghostdust

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes, i used Iatkos-S3-V2 (10.6.3) and installed well without problems at the first try. More details later.

Best regards

callymero

callymero

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
just installed iatkos snow leopard but after install says no keyboard... any help?

ghostdust

ghostdust

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
callymero -- Do not use voodoo PS/2, use instead Apple PS/2. The Voodoo PS/2 randomly not working with GX700 hardware, i do not know why. Try this: shutdown and remove the laptop battery for 10-20 seconds then install again.

A little guide how to install Snow in this laptop with Windows 7 dual boot:

For dual OS make two partitions (or three in my case). First partition 60G FAT32 - for MAC, second partition 60G NTFS for Windows 7, third partition formatted NTFS for data.

- Install first Windows 7 in the second partition. Next insert Iatkos S3 V2 disk and choose ONLY this options:
- Bootloader -- AsereBLN v1.1.9
- Bootloader options - Ethernet
- Patches - /Extra directory
- fakesmc
- Disabler
- RTC
- EVO reboot
- Sleep Enabler
- Laptop Hardware - Battery, Card Reader and TSC Sync

- NTFS-3G - Both (You can remove later and install Paragon NTFS)

- Drivers -- SATA/IDE - AHCI SATA
- Intel SATA/IDE
- JMicron SATA/IDE
-- PS/2 - Apple PS/2

-- VGA - NVEnabler

When the installation is finished you can update the system but you have to remove first the Sleep Enabler.
Update from Software Update, reboot and you have a working 10.6.4 Snow.

Now have to dowload and install:
-- CPU Power Management -- Latest Voodoo Power Mini
-- Sound -- Latest Voodoo HDA
-- Sleep -- search Insanely Mac forum for Sleep Enabler patched for 10.6.4.

If you have problems with the USB download and install ##### from tonymacx86 blog and choose only the USB patch from advanced options.

Best regards

P.S All credits go to this community and to respective creators/makers and teams who make this possible.

alyosa2001

alyosa2001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Thank you very much Ghostdust for your guide, i was able to install 10.6.3 and upgrade to 10.6.4 via Software Update, just one problem though: can't get the dreaded soundcard to work. Tried the AppleHDA with no success, i will search through the forums some more, if it doesn't work i'll try the iAtkos 10.6.4 distro.
BTW, after updating, the kexts in /Extra didn't load so i had to use Kext Utility, maybe this helps somebody

ghostdust

ghostdust

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Use the Voodoo HDA kexts. For me is working well but you have to remove first Apple HDA.

Arthur+Kiwi

Arthur+Kiwi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Hi to all,
last weekend I want to try again to install Snow Leo on my GX700, but I can't find anymore the modded bios that I downloada life ago from osxcores

Do you still have it? Someone could post it again, please?

alyosa2001

alyosa2001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
I don't know anything about a modified BIOS. What does it do anyway?

Arthur+Kiwi

Arthur+Kiwi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

I don't know anything about a modified BIOS. What does it do anyway?

Sorry, I was out for work this week.

The mod bios was out when kabel start to create some modified bios for many motherboard, and with it I never had problem to boot and I didn't need to pacth he dst (thing that I don't know how to do).

alyosa2001

alyosa2001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Trying to revive this thread... just installed iAtkos 10.7.2 Lion... works good sound and video, but very often kernel panics... and no trackpad, and the usb mouse scroll is inverted... anyone experienced with this?

max00r

max00r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi Guys
i install Lion 10.8.3 on this machine. System working without panic. I make own DSDT on linux, compile it, but not make any fix.
Not working keyboard and touchpad.

Can anyone send me proper ps2 cotroller, and dsdt for alc888 working please, please, please! :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy