MSI MegaBook GX700 owners experieces

alyosa2001

132 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any idea as to a configuration I should use to install iDeneb 1.3 on an MSI GX720. I've been trying things mentioned in this guide but have been unsuccessful. I've also made my own post with details of what i've done, but don't seem to be having much luck there either. Any suggestions? Thanks.

TRY iDNEB v1.4 10.5.6

hey ppl this is great news, superhai's kext works, the laptop is now much cooler, what can i say, the closest thing to a macbook pro (better in my opinion) i also have ubuntu 64 jaunty on ext3 and 2 ntfs xp-s(32 and 64) all on one harddisk and all managed by chameleon, by the way, how many PC notebooks have you seen runing Final Cut Pro? :)

Thanks for the help so far everyone. I've had partial success with installing iDeneb 1.4. I followed Tangras guide to a perfect installation, but it wasn't so perfect. Installed great! Locked up, so I booted up win7, replaced AppleACPIPlatform.kext and AppleAPIC.kext, restarted back to OSX, still no boot. Restart with -v -f -cpus=1, success! Set everything up, waited for the error, but didn't come, so I thought whatever... Skipped the step to fix the error, straight to the dual CPUs, replaced the boot and added that other file, repaired permissions, restarted, and then it died. No matter what I tried, I couldn't reboot. Had to reinstall. Did the same steps, still no errors after the first boot, but I thought i'd replaced the files anyway, seemed fine, replaced the boot (backed it all up this time), restart and once again, wouldn't boot again. Replaced the boot and removed the other file, still can't boot normally, but can with -v -f -cpus=1. So, I can get that far. Problems so far.

Can't boot with 2 CPUs

No sound (no devices or anything)

Can't sleep

Aside from that everything seems fine. Any advice? I appreciate all the help.

Note: Using a gx720, not 700.

So far so good, I tried the DSDT patch, the first part didn't do anything (from what I could tell) but the second bit worked, and has fixed a fair amount. Boot is perfect now, and that fixed the sound too, so great success. Still having some small problems.

Can't shut down properly (shuts down OSX but lappy just sits idleing)

Can't sleep.

That seems to be about all. I'm gonna try getting speed step working tomorrow. Thanks for the help so far everyone.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I ve got problem with this NB.

I cannot even boot from DVD, Ive got error: EBIOS read error: controller or device error block 220868 Sectors 64

I tried it on two HDDs, WD 160GB and Fujitsu 320GB, and noone works...

I have MSI GX700, Intel DualCOre 1,8, 4 gb RAM, nvdia 8600GT, bios ver1.22

any idea?

thanks

I've installed driver for Realtek ALC888, it works, but when I insert jack from my speakers, the music still plays from internal sound system. How did you fix this? Seems to be it doesn't response to the connection of speakers...

no autoswitch yet, have to manually do it from system settings

Hi Alyosa2001,

I upgraded to 10.5.7 and the audio does not work anymore. Tried the DSDT patcher but does not work for 10.5.7. Any idea?

Thank you

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi friends,

i have a GX700, too but after my first successfull installation with the ideneb version the notebook reboots and hanging at the white screen with the grey apple....

Then i boot with -v option the last 2 lines are:

MAC Framework successfully initialized

using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

And then the os hanging ....

can someone help me ?

In the tutorial from alyosa he wrote somethings about a seatbeld-extension?! But i have nothing found during the installation about it....

make another partition, make it active (pqmagic or fdisk) install xp-32 and macdrive

you will see then the hfs+ partition marked with a red apple, then go to folder /system/library/extensions and replace the 2 kexts (delete the originals first to makesure no subfolder or file remains)

that's about it

next, after you install osx move the active partition to the leo one and install chameleon 2 as a boot loader

make another partition, make it active (pqmagic or fdisk) install xp-32 and macdrive

you will see then the hfs+ partition marked with a red apple, then go to folder /system/library/extensions and replace the 2 kexts (delete the originals first to makesure no subfolder or file remains)

that's about it

next, after you install osx move the active partition to the leo one and install chameleon 2 as a boot loader

hmm okay ... at this time i have Win7 on the lappy bevor i install OSx and in can select the os bevor osx boots up, but run Macdrive under win7?

hmm okay ... at this time i have Win7 on the lappy bevor i install OSx and in can select the os bevor osx boots up, but run Macdrive under win7?

nope, in april 2009 it still didn't work, t tried it on win7 64, xp 64, it only worked for me in xp32

nope, in april 2009 it still didn't work, t tried it on win7 64, xp 64, it only worked for me in xp32

Okay Macdrive v8 works fine with win7 32bit...

ive delete the 2 folders and now i become the following error:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x004358F3): "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/VoodooKernel/xnu-1228.7.58/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1411

• 1 month later...

Yeah guys,

still using 10.5.6, cause its got the best performance for me (GX700). Some Bugs during sleep-mode and plug or unplug AC/DC adaptor, very good to work with Logic ;)

Btw many thanks to all the great works by tangra, taruga and aloysa and allthe others....

So far, did anybody installed 10.5.8 or the all new SnowLeopard? (is there a iDeneb release or similar with SnowLeo on torrents???)

THX

• 4 weeks later...