MSI MegaBook GX700 owners experieces

alyosa2001

132 posts in this topic

also how did you check that your cpu was optimizating?

1. Did you read my original post carefully, where I explain about Logic Pro 8 ( extra load CPU test project ) ?

2. You say that you tried Vanilla - so you have no CPU optimization according my posts ( have a look about the last one ). To have some Intel Speedstep optimization you need to install Voodoo kernel ( 9.6 is recommended - see my last post to get it ).

how did you go about dual booting?

I use Hiren's Boot CD - eXtended Fdisk utility...

what bios are you running?

Currently I reversed back to the original Bios XP 3.19 since I think it is most stabile for my system.

hmm.. just installed 10.5.6... let's see:

1. no speedstep as far as can see, the frequency remains the same at 2090

2. no shutdown, tried the patches on the DVD (2 shutdown fix-es), restart works, the computer resumes from sleep but same as on ideneb 1.3, it keeps inputting a key until a texteditor is opened

3. Energy Saver detects the correct power input

4. if you plan to use voodoo 9.6.0 don't use seatbelt fix as it uses the seatbelt.kext from 10.5.5 which is incompatible with 9.6.0.kernel (you must use 10.5.5 seatbelt.kext with 9.5.0 kernel and 10.5.6 with 9.6.0)

if you still have 10.5.5 seatbelt with voodoo 9.6.0 then, in order to use dmg-s, you must install pacifist (download pacifist.dmg, open it with duskutil and convert to master CD/DVD then mount it)download Mac OS X 10.5.6 Update from Apple and extract the seatbelt.kext, than install it

5. still no headphones autoswitch, but neither has my Mac Pro with Tiger

maybe somebody can show the right P-STATES for Mercury's IntelEnhancedSpeedstep.kext

and also just a bit off-topic, hardware support for Asus MyCinema U3000 Hybrid TV-Tuner?

hmm.. just installed 10.5.6... let's see:

2. no shutdown, tried the patches on the DVD (2 shutdown fix-es), restart works, the computer resumes from sleep but same as on ideneb 1.3, it keeps inputting a key until a texteditor is opened

3. Energy Saver detects the correct power input

4. if you plan to use voodoo 9.6.0 don't use seatbelt fix as it uses the seatbelt.kext from 10.5.5 which is incompatible with 9.6.0.kernel (you must use 10.5.5 seatbelt.kext with 9.5.0 kernel and 10.5.6 with 9.6.0)

if you still have 10.5.5 seatbelt with voodoo 9.6.0 then, in order to use dmg-s, you must install pacifist (download pacifist.dmg, open it with duskutil and convert to master CD/DVD then mount it)download Mac OS X 10.5.6 Update from Apple and extract the seatbelt.kext, than install it

5. still no headphones autoswitch, but neither has my Mac Pro with Tiger

maybe somebody can show the right P-STATES for Mercury's IntelEnhancedSpeedstep.kext

and also just a bit off-topic, hardware support for Asus MyCinema U3000 Hybrid TV-Tuner?

"'did all the kext/cpu stuff and audio

installed vanilla kernel.... and then when i put it to sleep it goes to sleep.. when it wakes up.. kernel crash..?"""

yea sorry i ment "installed VoodooKernel""

and yea still dont have shutdown, and sleep just loads up the cpu when its woken up. CPUX still shows same values and multiples are still 11 (10.5)

BUT. i dont know if cpux shows realtime change and i did get close to an hour and 20 minutes of battery life.. which is almost double what i got for 10.5.5 and vooodoo 9.5

(also using bios 3.19)

MSI MEGABOOK GX620

installed iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6 - like Tangra's Tutorial in this topic

all is working good

sound work

Geforce 9600m GT 512 Nvinject 512 work

bluetooth work

web camera work

2 CPUS DUAL CORE FULL

WIFI Intel 5100 - not supported - but i can see this device in Profile USB

LAN work

I was check Ableton 6.0.7 fast - all working i have a sound nice all worked witout fresh

:unsure:

BIG THANKS TO TANGRA - U Are iKILLER

this man is really nice - he help me in my mails and special problems...

RESPECT BRO - YOU ARE GOOD MAN !

As I mentioned before the only one method to detect the Speedstep is to use same "Project" for a powerful video or audio app. ( which use lots of FX processing ) to be able to make any difference following their Pro CPU meters. I did the test using Logic PRO and Voodoo 9.6 gave good result 30 to 50 % optimization with Speedstep enabled.

2. no shutdown,

Right, this is caused by the Audio driver when use with Voodoo ( if use with Vanilla - no problems ).

See, actualy the computer shutdowns properly ( if not when start it again the OS X willl boot very slow etc... ). So the audio driver behaviour waits for a manual power OFF, just to prevent from some pops and damage i.e your audio equipment if it's still loud and powered... Seems that the computer shuts down like some sleep mode and waiting for second power OFF confirmation ( I think it's not a problem ).

5. still no headphones autoswitch,

This will need some extra software like you have in Windows. In OS X we use home brewery drivers so we need to do that manualy from the AMS or from the audio DAW Application if any ( not so big problem as well ).

Right, this is caused by the Audio driver when use with Voodoo ( if use with Vanilla - no problems ).

See, actualy the computer shutdowns properly ( if not when start it again the OS X willl boot very slow etc... ). So the audio driver behaviour waits for a manual power OFF, just to prevent from some pops and damage i.e your audio equipment if it's still loud and powered... Seems that the computer shuts down like some sleep mode and waiting for second power OFF confirmation ( I think it's not a problem ).

....you have to FORCE shutdown the laptop, no offence or anything and great work on everything but how is having to force shutdown by holding down the power bot not a problem?

How is having to force shutdown by holding down the power bot not a problem?

There are two kinds of shutdown:

1/ If your OS is stacked for some reason. You hold down the power button to force shutdown.

After that the system must recover on the next boot which takes some time. In Windows it checks for drive errors ant try or fix them ect... In OS X the next boot is much slow. For example I have three disk partitions: Leopard (OS X ), VOL 1 ( Windows C: ) and VOL 2 ( Windows D: ). When boot after force shutdown into OS X the first "Leopard" partition appears first. It takes time 1min to show the rest partitions.

2/ The OS X shuts down the OS itself properly but the hardware is still in standby mode waiting for manual conformation cause of some special hardware/driver behavior. This is not force shutdown, so no problems at the next boot up.

In our case it's the second.

can it be done to automaticaly poer off like azalia for example?

It is not to my knowledge, but using ALC emulation which is much serious driver then the Azalia (2ch outputs only ), I think it can be some kind or hardware equipment protection behavior rather than a problem. Just hold down the power button. Assume it's not a force shutdown, when your machine has already logged out of the OS. It is waiting in DOS or something like that - nothing else...

web camera work fully and good! - I'm test in logic 8

NO AUTO-SWITCHING to headphones! Need enter to AUDIO/MIDI Setup

i see it in profile like USB CNF7231 - device

in ideneb 1,3 and 1,4 it work automaticaly without any kext

just intall skype or adium and check web camera

I think it can be some kind or hardware equipment protection behavior rather than a problem. Just hold down the power button. Assume it's not a force shutdown, when your machine has already logged out of the OS. It is waiting in DOS or something like that - nothing else...

well the os doesnt log something correctly and doesnt shut down, when i hold the power button down and shut it down after its just black screaned (still running) and then in the morning i turn it on and go into xp, check the mac drive with macdrive and i cant access it and it posts an error that the drive is faulty.

which clearly means the os isn't shutting down and logging everything right..

i then have to reboot into osx then restart from withen osx and boot into xp in order to have all the files i need available.

which clearly means the os isn't shutting down and logging everything right..

Can not replicate this here. I do not have any problems after the OS X power switch shut down. When boot into Windows or OS X everything is normal. I use Macdrive in XP and it comes as it has to... I do not have an idea what can cause that in your system ?

I have the same problem with shutdown. (but in iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 It was OK) - Maybe need change a few files...again ;) mY BE cause audio driver...

Tangra, If I Restart my laptop and after I push the shutdown button so when i'm not in OSX 100% - but its ok for motherboard ?

Tangra, If I Restart my laptop and after I push the shutdown button so when i'm not in OSX 100% - but its ok for motherboard ?

That's must be equivalent of what I tried to explain with the shut down ( i.e the machine restarts and waiting for manual power off ). No problems for the motherboard. It can be killed if you try some overclocking, firmwares, bios rom fixes etc...

Tangra, hehehe not need it work good!!!

I have FREE MAC BOOK PRO + LOGIC 8 FREE :)

SO I CAN SHUT DOWN MANUALLY:)

PPL - WHO UPDATE QUICK TIME TO 7.6 ? ANY PROBLEMS?

and about kernel voodoo - after installing this kernel I can update os x from apple or I will need install vanilla for this and back to voodoo?

Not a big deal with QT 7.6 when there is a free MPlayerOSX which supports any format like DV.avi ; Mpeg2, quicktime etc... Using QT you must buy QT plugins for each DV.avi Mpeg2 support etc...

If you mean to update your Logic to the current v8.02, it will be better to find some dmg file update. Many users say that Logic is not regognized in the software Appple update - even the registered ones with real Macs...

Did anybody try some Firewire devices ?

I'm having troubles with my pro audio firewire audio device ( 10x10 Audio I/O ). It is well recognized in the AMS showing the device model etc.. I/O, sample rate. But when I try to play any App no sound is produces thru the device. It's shown as midi device as well with corect midi I/O ports. Logic recognizes the midi ports as well but no midi data in the In/Out monitors...?

I tried to switch the device clock in the AMS from "Device" to "Mac" and had some temporary success to have output signal from some media players, therefore the problem must be hardware one. I.e some kind of clock sync etc... In the same time I tried the same audio device with my other Laptop ( HP Pavilion ) using the same OS X platform and I do not have any problems there.

So the problem seems to be MSI hardware which use some incompatible firewire Apple driver, kext etc... ? Any firewire tests with some other devices ???

F*CK - why did I buy this new MSI laptop

NEXT ONE - WILL BE MACBOOK ONLY - WITH ALL SYSTEM WORKING

BUT FISTLY I WILL TRY BEFORE I BUY :(

I HAVE SLEEP MODE OK + POWER OFF WORKING AUTO AFTER BACK TO VANILLA 9.6

iDENEB 10.5.6

DSTD +PCEFIV9

Vanilla 9.6 (default)

AppleACPIPlatform.kext AppleAPIC.kext from iDeneb 10.5.5

ICHx

ALC888 (working without autodetect headphones )

BatteryManager fix

SMBios 800 fix (u can without this fix)

Nvinject 0.2.1 512(working good for me with QE support)

GenericCPUManagment (only after this fix I've got power off + sleep mode ok)

so you can update your system from apple.com !!! after update all is ok! QT 7.6 also!

HOW I CAN MAKE DVD INSTALLATION RETAIL?? HAVE ANY IDEA WHICH KEXT I NEED FOR RETAIL INSTALL ON THIS LAPTOP I HAVE MSI GX 620

Does anyone have any idea as to a configuration I should use to install iDeneb 1.3 on an MSI GX720. I've been trying things mentioned in this guide but have been unsuccessful. I've also made my own post with details of what i've done, but don't seem to be having much luck there either. Any suggestions? Thanks.