yes, it is appleazaliaaudio.kext, use taruga's patcher

Tangra

Tangra

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

i never used vista bios-es, i see no reason for r it , i see you use xp also

Right but it does not matter if the bios is XP or Vista - have a look at this forum , there are many threads about Bios flash etc... Well I just flashed my bios back to its original xp 3.19 but same result with the QE behaviour in OSx86. It's strange since in XP I could test the video card using GPU Caps Viewer and it seems to be o.k By the way which NVinjector do you use during the NVinjectV.52 installation - 512Mb ( desktop ) or ( GO/Mobility )? I tried Go mobility which must be the right one for 8600m GT but the Laptop boots into black screen. After that I opened the NV installer with Pacifist and saw that there is special GO/Mobility 512 kext so I tried again and same black screen... Well finally I instaled 512Mb for desktop cards but I'm having QE troubles as I said.

yes, it is appleazaliaaudio.kext, use taruga's patcher

Obviously I'm missing some step... Do you install ALC888 injector from your install DVD or you just install AzaliaAudio.
For example I install AzaliaAudio from the install DVD or later from Azalia Package installation so I have 2 outputs only and no Input, mic etc... I tried the ALC888_MSI.txt you provided as plain text and when drug it to the Taruga's patcher 1.20 and I'm having the same error like Alexalex123:

AppleHDA Patcher - 2006/2007 by Taruga v1.20

* Detected unsupported Realtek Codec

I tried to remove the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext and AppleHDA.kext from the extensions dir but same result ?
I'm missing something ...
Any help will be high appreciated !

alyosa2001

alyosa2001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
The Go/Mobility injector starts the default display on external monitor (HDMI i Think) so unless u have one go for the desktop one, and use not the first xp BIOS, but the second or later. The default BIOS was not good for me as it couldn't use the sata AHCI in XP and i some people say the notebook is noisier.
You should read the previous posts, as these 2 matters were allready debated( video and sound) try removing all your azalia injectors and repair permissions with diskutil

In other order of ideas, has anybody tried the new iDeneb? any progress with speedstep?

Tangra

Tangra

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

In other order of ideas, has anybody tried the new iDeneb?

I tried to install it several times using different Customize settups. The installation passes well, but after the reboot the machine stacks at the Apple turning logo. The ACPI Fix is missing in the new Customize wizard though the info says that it is patched in the install. I opened the installation DVD with Pacifist but could not find it....

Alyosa, about the MSI Bios - I missed to download the versions between the xp 3.19 and 3.22, so I flashed my bios directly to 3.22 which probably causes my video problems. Could you attach a Bios zip file with middle version's couse MSI do not offer old bios versions if you still keep one.
Thanks !

alyosa2001

alyosa2001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

I tried to install it several times using different Customize settups. The installation passes well, but after the reboot the machine stacks at the Apple turning logo. The ACPI Fix is missing in the new Customize wizard though the info says that it is patched in the install.

Maybe you need to use AppleACPIPlatform.kext and AppleAPIC.kext from iDeneb 1.3 , check this thread about iDeneb 1.4 Installation Tips http://www.insanelym...p;mode=threaded

Alyosa, about the MSI Bios - I missed to download the versions between the xp 3.19 and 3.22, so I flashed my bios directly to 3.22 which probably causes my video problems. Could you attach a Bios zip file with middle version's couse MSI do not offer old bios versions if you still keep one. e

I think i have an older version of the bios on a cd somewhere, but i use 3.22 too , i will search for the cd

alexalex123

alexalex123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Hey Tangra for the audio i installed with Apple Azilia

Then after it booted i went into osx, downloaded the aple hda patcher
got the file that Alyosa attached, i just directly dragged the file from safari right onto my desktop.
then I went into System/Libary/Extensions and deleted
- Appleazilia.kext
- Applehda.kext
Then once that was deleted i draged the .txt right onto the applehdapatcher app, let it run, restarted and selected sound inputs/outputs

And hey Tangra, does your sleep mode wake properly? and have you replaced your wireless card by anychance?

Tangra

Tangra

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
iDeneb 1.4 Leopard 10.5.6 PERFECT INSTALLATION on Laptop MSI GX700 !

1. Run the installation DVD and check next boxes in the Customize wizard:

- The " iDeneb Essential System" box is checked by default ( leave it as it is ).

- Audio -->ALC-->ALC888 ( this injector will give you hedphones, line input, digital out etc...
without to use any patches )

- Chipset --> ICHx Fixed

- Fix --> Battery Manager ( works properly in this release )
Do not check Cpus=1 ( you will need one or two times to boot manually with flag cpus=1 - I'll

explain later ...)

-Video -->Nvidea-->Nvinject-->Nvinject 0.2.1 512Mb

- Applications --> Kext Helper
> OSx86Tools etc...

Note: Do not select any Kernel in the Kernel box. This way the new Apple default Vanilla 9.6 will
be installed ! Otherwise you will have USB plug and play troubles lately cause the Kernel and the
System.kext versions will not match !

2. After the Installation your machine will try to boot and will freeze on the Apple logo. That's why
since the AppleACPIPlatform.kext and the AppleAPIC.kext are not fixed in this iDeneb release, so we need to get the last ones from iDeneb 1.3.
Get them here - Attached File  fixed_acpi_kexts.zip   260.35KB   267 downloads.
Now you need to boot into Windows XP ( or what else dual boot ) and use some app like
MacDrive 7 and above, to be able to replace the kext files.
- browse with MacDrive your OS X main OS install (HFS) partition, i.e system/library/extensions.

Select both folders labeled as AppleACPIPlatform.kext and AppleAPIC.kext and delete them. Copy the fixed kext files from the iDeneb 1.3 and paste them in the same dir, where you have deleted the original kext folders. You may over right the original ones as well....

3. Boot the OS X ( do not forget to hit F8 during bootloader and type cpus=1 ).
There will be no sound during the "Welcome" logo yet, - we will fix that with "Repair Permissions" lately. After you fill all account settings iDeneb will appear with an error message "System extension cannot be used". To fix that go to OS X main dir - System/Library/Extensions and trash/delete both kext files ( AppleACPIPlatform.kext and AppleAPIC.kext ) we replaced in XP in step 2. Go to Applications ->iDeneb App and open Kext Helper tool. Drag the iDeneb 1.3 fixed kext files, type your password and hit "Easy Install". This will install the Kext files properly and will fix the error. Do not reboot yet !

4. To enable both cores you need to place both files packed in this Attached File  cpu2_files.zip   43.8KB   169 downloads to your main OS dir ( you can delete the "boot" file there or over right when prompt ).

5. Repair the permissions with the "Disk Utility" tool and reboot. Done !

6. After reboot, go to your AMS ( Audio Midi Settup ) and swich the audio output from Headphones to Speakers ( it will not auto switch any more ).

About INTEL SPEEDSTEP

It can be enabled during the installation no problems. For my first installation I used "Voodoo
kernel 9.5 " so I did some test using it. Lately I found out that the USB plug&play does not work
cause the issue I metioned in step 1 - ( see the Note ). So the test is based on Voodoo kernel.
Well, I do not trust any CPU diagnostic utilities ( use them to see the hardware setup only ). So I
prefer to test the CPU using some heavy Audio or Video project with pro apps to see their
behavior with "Speedstep" enable/disable system Bios setting.
So, I used Logic Pro 8.02 for the test. I made a heavy test project using more than 20 software
instrument based on samples, FM synth, and inserted tons of FX plugins in the software
instrument channel strips. I saved this project and played it two times ( with one reboot to
enable/disable the Intel Sppedstep in the Bios ).
- First Entry ( Speedstep is NOT enabled ). The Logic CPU meters ( which are much more accurate than the system meters ) showed about 50% CPU usage for each core.
- Second Entry ( Speedstep is ENABLED ). The Logic CPU meters showed 25% for each core.

This means that iDeneb 1.4 handles very well with that, so the Speedstep does what it must do,
giving almost 50% CPU optimization. I'll do the same test with Vanilla 9.6 ( my Logic is still installing yet ) and report again.

CONCLUSION

IDeneb 1.4 is the most rock solid osx86 I'v ever tried ! The Video driver from the install DVD just
runs perfectly with QE etc.. support enabled ( no tools are needed ). The OS runs absolutely fast.
Fast boot and reboot. ( Note you will reboot a bit little slow till you set everything as described ).
And it needs two or three normal boot, some running, and reboot to cash fully the OS.
No SLEEP preblems at all. After the system sleep, you just switch on the power button and it's o.k !

Tangra

Tangra

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
USB plug & play PROBLEM FIXED in iDeneb 1.4

As I mentioned in the last post, there was USB plug & play problem in iDeneb 1.4 with Voodoo 9.5.since the Voodoo kernel version is 9.5 and the System.kext in iDeneb 1.4 is version 9.6. Both version do not match, so this caused the problem. I tried to get and replace the System.kext from iDeneb 1.3, but had a kernel panic with the Voodoo, when tried to insert any usb device.
So I tried to search if there is some new Voodoo 9.6. Yes here it is:

Voodoo_XNU_9.6.0_V1.1.pkg

INTEL SPEEDSTEP

My last test using the original Vanilla kernel 9.6 ( I did not find the new Voodoo yet ) did not give any result. So does not matter if you Enable or Disable the Speedstep in the BIOS - the computer uses same CPU when has some serious processing.
Now I installed the new Voodoo 9.6 and voala ! About 40-50% optimization with Speedstep Enabled !

alexalex123

alexalex123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
great How-To

ill give it a try, how did you go about dual booting? because i used tboot before but i need to get into xp before osx now?

alexalex123

alexalex123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
thanks for the guide Tangra
i did everything that you said and got it booted up and working alongside xp
did all the kext/cpu stuff and audio
installed vanilla kernel.... and then when i put it to sleep it goes to sleep.. when it wakes up.. kernel crash..?

also how did you check that your cpu was optimizating?
what bios are you running?
and is there anything else?

Tangra

Tangra

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

also how did you check that your cpu was optimizating?

1. Did you read my original post carefully, where I explain about Logic Pro 8 ( extra load CPU test project ) ?
2. You say that you tried Vanilla - so you have no CPU optimization according my posts ( have a look about the last one ). To have some Intel Speedstep optimization you need to install Voodoo kernel ( 9.6 is recommended - see my last post to get it ).

how did you go about dual booting?

I use Hiren's Boot CD - eXtended Fdisk utility...

what bios are you running?

Currently I reversed back to the original Bios XP 3.19 since I think it is most stabile for my system.

alyosa2001

alyosa2001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
hmm.. just installed 10.5.6... let's see:
1. no speedstep as far as can see, the frequency remains the same at 2090
2. no shutdown, tried the patches on the DVD (2 shutdown fix-es), restart works, the computer resumes from sleep but same as on ideneb 1.3, it keeps inputting a key until a texteditor is opened
3. Energy Saver detects the correct power input
4. if you plan to use voodoo 9.6.0 don't use seatbelt fix as it uses the seatbelt.kext from 10.5.5 which is incompatible with 9.6.0.kernel (you must use 10.5.5 seatbelt.kext with 9.5.0 kernel and 10.5.6 with 9.6.0)
if you still have 10.5.5 seatbelt with voodoo 9.6.0 then, in order to use dmg-s, you must install pacifist (download pacifist.dmg, open it with duskutil and convert to master CD/DVD then mount it)download Mac OS X 10.5.6 Update from Apple and extract the seatbelt.kext, than install it
5. still no headphones autoswitch, but neither has my Mac Pro with Tiger

maybe somebody can show the right P-STATES for Mercury's IntelEnhancedSpeedstep.kext

and also just a bit off-topic, hardware support for Asus MyCinema U3000 Hybrid TV-Tuner?

alyosa2001

alyosa2001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
hmm.. just installed 10.5.6... let's see:
2. no shutdown, tried the patches on the DVD (2 shutdown fix-es), restart works, the computer resumes from sleep but same as on ideneb 1.3, it keeps inputting a key until a texteditor is opened
3. Energy Saver detects the correct power input
4. if you plan to use voodoo 9.6.0 don't use seatbelt fix as it uses the seatbelt.kext from 10.5.5 which is incompatible with 9.6.0.kernel (you must use 10.5.5 seatbelt.kext with 9.5.0 kernel and 10.5.6 with 9.6.0)
if you still have 10.5.5 seatbelt with voodoo 9.6.0 then, in order to use dmg-s, you must install pacifist (download pacifist.dmg, open it with duskutil and convert to master CD/DVD then mount it)download Mac OS X 10.5.6 Update from Apple and extract the seatbelt.kext, than install it
5. still no headphones autoswitch, but neither has my Mac Pro with Tiger

maybe somebody can show the right P-STATES for Mercury's IntelEnhancedSpeedstep.kext

and also just a bit off-topic, hardware support for Asus MyCinema U3000 Hybrid TV-Tuner?

alexalex123

alexalex123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
"'did all the kext/cpu stuff and audio
installed vanilla kernel.... and then when i put it to sleep it goes to sleep.. when it wakes up.. kernel crash..?"""

yea sorry i ment "installed VoodooKernel""

and yea still dont have shutdown, and sleep just loads up the cpu when its woken up. CPUX still shows same values and multiples are still 11 (10.5)
BUT. i dont know if cpux shows realtime change and i did get close to an hour and 20 minutes of battery life.. which is almost double what i got for 10.5.5 and vooodoo 9.5

(also using bios 3.19)

Opium Nuts

Opium Nuts

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
MSI MEGABOOK GX620
installed iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6 - like Tangra's Tutorial in this topic
all is working good
sound work
Geforce 9600m GT 512 Nvinject 512 work
bluetooth work
web camera work
2 CPUS DUAL CORE FULL
WIFI Intel 5100 - not supported - but i can see this device in Profile USB
LAN work

I was check Ableton 6.0.7 fast - all working i have a sound nice all worked witout fresh

:unsure:

BIG THANKS TO TANGRA - U Are iKILLER
this man is really nice - he help me in my mails and special problems...
RESPECT BRO - YOU ARE GOOD MAN !

Tangra

Tangra

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

As I mentioned before the only one method to detect the Speedstep is to use same "Project" for a powerful video or audio app. ( which use lots of FX processing ) to be able to make any difference following their Pro CPU meters. I did the test using Logic PRO and Voodoo 9.6 gave good result 30 to 50 % optimization with Speedstep enabled.

2. no shutdown,

Right, this is caused by the Audio driver when use with Voodoo ( if use with Vanilla - no problems ).
See, actualy the computer shutdowns properly ( if not when start it again the OS X willl boot very slow etc... ). So the audio driver behaviour waits for a manual power OFF, just to prevent from some pops and damage i.e your audio equipment if it's still loud and powered... Seems that the computer shuts down like some sleep mode and waiting for second power OFF confirmation ( I think it's not a problem ).

5. still no headphones autoswitch,

This will need some extra software like you have in Windows. In OS X we use home brewery drivers so we need to do that manualy from the AMS or from the audio DAW Application if any ( not so big problem as well ).

alexalex123

alexalex123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Right, this is caused by the Audio driver when use with Voodoo ( if use with Vanilla - no problems ).
See, actualy the computer shutdowns properly ( if not when start it again the OS X willl boot very slow etc... ). So the audio driver behaviour waits for a manual power OFF, just to prevent from some pops and damage i.e your audio equipment if it's still loud and powered... Seems that the computer shuts down like some sleep mode and waiting for second power OFF confirmation ( I think it's not a problem ).

....you have to FORCE shutdown the laptop, no offence or anything and great work on everything but how is having to force shutdown by holding down the power bot not a problem?

alyosa2001

alyosa2001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

web camera work

what software / kexts did you use?

So the audio driver behaviour waits for a manual power OFF

can it be done to automaticaly poer off like azalia for example?

Tangra

Tangra

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

How is having to force shutdown by holding down the power bot not a problem?

There are two kinds of shutdown:
1/ If your OS is stacked for some reason. You hold down the power button to force shutdown.
After that the system must recover on the next boot which takes some time. In Windows it checks for drive errors ant try or fix them ect... In OS X the next boot is much slow. For example I have three disk partitions: Leopard (OS X ), VOL 1 ( Windows C: ) and VOL 2 ( Windows D: ). When boot after force shutdown into OS X the first "Leopard" partition appears first. It takes time 1min to show the rest partitions.
2/ The OS X shuts down the OS itself properly but the hardware is still in standby mode waiting for manual conformation cause of some special hardware/driver behavior. This is not force shutdown, so no problems at the next boot up.

In our case it's the second.

can it be done to automaticaly poer off like azalia for example?

It is not to my knowledge, but using ALC emulation which is much serious driver then the Azalia (2ch outputs only ), I think it can be some kind or hardware equipment protection behavior rather than a problem. Just hold down the power button. Assume it's not a force shutdown, when your machine has already logged out of the OS. It is waiting in DOS or something like that - nothing else...

Opium Nuts

Opium Nuts

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
web camera work fully and good! - I'm test in logic 8
NO AUTO-SWITCHING to headphones! Need enter to AUDIO/MIDI Setup
i see it in profile like USB CNF7231 - device
in ideneb 1,3 and 1,4 it work automaticaly without any kext
just intall skype or adium and check web camera

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy