405 replies to this topic

Doomi

Doomi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Ponjop,
The first post of this topic has an attachment of Kexts. In that set is a pci power management kext that i believe controls this battery indicator. The temperature runs par for the course with this system (the only sensor istatnano recognizes for me is the HD one - 38 C presently.), in other words - the same as i've noticed with XP and Vista.

ponjop

ponjop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Ponjop,
The first post of this topic has an attachment of Kexts. In that set is a pci power management kext that i believe controls this battery indicator. The temperature runs par for the course with this system (the only sensor istatnano recognizes for me is the HD one - 38 C presently.), in other words - the same as i've noticed with XP and Vista.

Thanks for the quick response Doomi... I appreciate it...

zPilott

zPilott

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I tried the 10.5.7 update and I am having troubles I was booting to a black screen with a mouse cursor. I then tried (booting in safe mode) messing with the system NV* files and got it to reboot in software mode. I then tried rebuilding my chameleon extensions.mkext and now I can't boot at all (kernel panic right away).

zPilott

zPilott

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I messed around with it a bit more, and decided to just reinstall from the disk (Archive and install) and things seem to be back where they were before I did the update.

Quadro NVS 160M 256 Mo: YES quarz ok
Bluetooth: NO 370 (not detected)
Wifi (dell wirelessN): YES
Sound: YES at start , a crack
LAN : YES
KeyBoard: YES
Screen Auto-Luminosity: YES screen adjust YES
TouchPad: Yes, no touchpad preferences or advanced features
Touchstick: YES
BatteryIndicator: YES
Sleep: NO
Shutdown/Restart: NO
Ricoh SD reader: ?
1394a firewire 400: ?
DVD Burner: YES
sound controll buttons: YES
VGA dual display: ?
e-port: ?
PC-card: ?
PCI express: ?
display: 1920x1200
E-Sata: ?
USB: YES keyboard, mouse
headphone jack: YES
microphone: NO
photobooth: YES
ichat: YES

any ideas for sleep/shutdown/restart on 10.5.6?

ponjop

ponjop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

I messed around with it a bit more, and decided to just reinstall from the disk (Archive and install) and things seem to be back where they were before I did the update.

Quadro NVS 160M 256 Mo: YES quarz ok
Bluetooth: NO 370 (not detected)
Wifi (dell wirelessN): YES
Sound: YES at start , a crack
LAN : YES
KeyBoard: YES
Screen Auto-Luminosity: YES screen adjust YES
TouchPad: Yes, no touchpad preferences or advanced features
Touchstick: YES
BatteryIndicator: YES
Sleep: NO
Shutdown/Restart: NO
Ricoh SD reader: ?
1394a firewire 400: ?
DVD Burner: YES
sound controll buttons: YES
VGA dual display: ?
e-port: ?
PC-card: ?
PCI express: ?
display: 1920x1200
E-Sata: ?
USB: YES keyboard, mouse
headphone jack: YES
microphone: NO
photobooth: YES
ichat: YES

any ideas for sleep/shutdown/restart on 10.5.6?

FYI, mine is E6400 and working fine.
I am on 10.5.7 now, I went from iPC 10.5.6 to latest using Mac Software update to 10.5.7.
At first reboot I had to go to safemode then run the NVIDIA 9000 Series Driver v2.
Then put the nvdarwin that support dual monitor from ealier post.
Still the same outstanding issue, bluetooth, sleep, reboot and shutdown. other than that, the rest are fine.

I forgot to mention, use usb mouse because keyboard, touch pad and track pad will not work. use the onscreen keyboard to put your password when installing the NVIDIA package and the nvdarwin for dual screen support.

Pendekar

Pendekar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
ttouchpad is working now...thanks guys for making this happen.

zPilot: what wifi card are u using now? is that card works out of the box or do u need to install some sort of kext or editing boot.plist?

Doomi

Doomi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Hey all,
I'm running 10.5.6 via a clean retail install with the boot132 method (which is what i believe the original author of this discussion describes) and then the non-2.0 Chameleon. I got a kernel panic on every boot after the 10.5.7, but could boot in just fine using the 132 disc. I played with every conceivable combination of Kexts to get it to work - to no avail. Ponjob, you're using a modified install, which is likely why you were able to upgrade to 10.5.7 problem free. Prior to using the updated Trackpad driver, i had sleep working just fine using some kexts to allow full usb 2.0 speeds (OSX was only recognizing usb 1.1 speeds prior), obviously since install the trackpad kext - i've lost such sleep ability (it tries to sleep, then wakes back up immediately - prompting for password). If you use the Chameleon method with The kexts at the begining of the discussion, with the trackpad kext a few posts up - you'll have fully functioning keyboard and trackpad. I have the dell wireless n (half) card, after 10.5.6 it works natively.

ponjop

ponjop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Hey all,
I'm running 10.5.6 via a clean retail install with the boot132 method (which is what i believe the original author of this discussion describes) and then the non-2.0 Chameleon. I got a kernel panic on every boot after the 10.5.7, but could boot in just fine using the 132 disc. I played with every conceivable combination of Kexts to get it to work - to no avail. Ponjob, you're using a modified install, which is likely why you were able to upgrade to 10.5.7 problem free. Prior to using the updated Trackpad driver, i had sleep working just fine using some kexts to allow full usb 2.0 speeds (OSX was only recognizing usb 1.1 speeds prior), obviously since install the trackpad kext - i've lost such sleep ability (it tries to sleep, then wakes back up immediately - prompting for password). If you use the Chameleon method with The kexts at the begining of the discussion, with the trackpad kext a few posts up - you'll have fully functioning keyboard and trackpad. I have the dell wireless n (half) card, after 10.5.6 it works natively.

You are right Doomi, I am using the modified version, so for now if anyone wants 10.5.7 then use the modified version as long as you own a retail version I would think its ok right? legally? Maybe? But I'm pretty sure that someone will figure out how to make it work with retail version.

Hey Doomi, can you point me to that USB2.0 kext that fixes the sleep before you update to trackpad fix? Thanks in advance.

Doomi

Doomi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Here are all the kexts i'm presently using - no sleep and working trackpad, video(out),sound, lan,wifi(dell half n).

http://dl.getdropbox...62600/KEXTs.zip

Here is only the usb sleep fixing kexts. i honestly forget where i found them (somewhere on insanelymac), sorry for not being able to give the proper cred.

http://dl.getdropbox...00/USB Only.zip

Pendekar

Pendekar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
guys, need some help here.. im installing retail vanilla kernel 10.5.6 using boot-132 loader, then at 1st startup, i install chameleon 2.0 and after that, everything works except for display. no qe, ci but the resolution detected as 1280x800. tried nvdarwin, nvinject, but so far no luck..any ideas?

Doomi

Doomi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
I can't vouch for if the Cham. 2.0 has anything to do with it, as i run Cham 1.something, but using the drivers i have dropboxed above, i get full qe/ci. I think the OSX86Tools app can force them, if OSX doesn't detect it's usability from your Kext. You might try that.

zPilott

zPilott

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Just a quick update. I specifically got this e6500 because I didn't want a computer without the nipple (touchpoint). In windows I use the scrolling feature (by holding the middle mouse button and pushing the stick). On another post on this forum, I found out about a utility called Smart Scroll that you can set up to do scrolling like you can in windows (works with the touchpad too). If you want to try it out, enable "Grab Scroll" with "Scroll without moving cursor".

I also have sleep working using the voodoo kernel. Previously, I couldn't use the voodoo kernel because it prevented breakpoints from working in xcode, but I found a comment google code that if you set the kernel flag std_dyld=1 you get xcode breakpoints again (this option wont work for people with AMD CPUs but that is not a problem for us).

Doomi

Doomi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
zpilott, can you post your sleep kext for us?

zPilott

zPilott

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

zpilott, can you post your sleep kext for us?

no kext, just the voodoo kernel

Doomi

Doomi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Do you have this working with Chameleon, or did you just install it into the base system? What are you running?

zPilott

zPilott

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I spent a couple hours trying to get things working again after rebuilding my kexts, but sleep seems to be working again. I have attached my kexts (not sure if they are all necessary or not....) I am using the latest chameleon.

Attached Files

Pendekar

Pendekar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Quick update... just reformat everything back and now my machine is running with 10.5.7.
Wireless - 1397
QE - Yes
Touchpad/trackpad - Yes
Sound - Yes

For QE to work please follow ponjob instructions.

gatorgolfer11

gatorgolfer11

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
To start this is my first OSx86 install, so I apologize in advance if my jargon is incorrect, and for how long this might be.

What I've done so far:
vanilla install(10.5) w/ boot-123
placed the newest kexts i could into the MacLoader5.2.1/KEXTs folder:
NVdarwin.kext
ApplePS2controller.kext
AppleHDA.kext
AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext
Intel82566MM.kext
SMBIOSEnabler.kext
Ran the macloader.command
Using Kext Helper b7, installed AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext

After those steps this is what i have working:
Battery icon
keyboard
touchstick
touchpad (after sleep/wake)
video card displays at 1280 X 800, but now and then scrolling and moving windows makes the images freak

Things that aren't working:
wifi (i have the 5100, and from reading it sounds like that one isn't going to work anytime soon)
ethernet
VGA out
shutdown/restart

Questions:
When am I supposed to run the updater.command? After I'm done with installing kext, or after i do some apple software updates?
I am still on 10.5 because my computer has no internet connectivity. If i were to download an update from apple, say 10.5.6, transfer the file to my e6500 and run the update would that be able to fix a few things, or just break everything? I'm asking because in some of the more recent posts people with more up to date installs ran some the kexts i have and it fixed the touchpad issue and i think others.

I'm just not sure what my next move should be, or what order it should be in.
run updater.command?
run 10.5.6(or earlier) update from file?
uninstall or install kext?

Thanks in advance,

Trevor

zPilott

zPilott

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Quick update... just reformat everything back and now my machine is running with 10.5.7.
Wireless - 1397
QE - Yes
Touchpad/trackpad - Yes
Sound - Yes

For QE to work please follow ponjob instructions.

I didn't have any luck with the 10.5.7 update. Would you mind posting your kexts?

@gatorgolfer11

updater.command just skips some of the steps that you only need to do once. You will want to run update.command if you change any of the kexts in the KEXTs folder

Pendekar

Pendekar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
@zPilott,

I'm using the same kext as anyone here. The trick is to remove NVDarwin kext from S/L/E BEFORE you do the update. Then, try and make sure that the system can boot back up (without QE/CI of course at this point). Then only you can do the update to 10.5.7. After update, if you can successfully on booting normally, then you need to install Nvidia 9000 series v2 installer and then only install back nvdarwin kext using kext helper or osx86 tools. Else, you need to follow ponjob instruction on how he get QE/CI to work. Ohh and after update, please run the updater command to get all the hardware to work back again. May I know which method did u use for installing osx? I'm running Cham 2.0 with vanilla install (No MacLoader), works like a charm now!!

@gatorgolfer11

For ethernet, u need to use the kext helper to install the kext (Intel82566MM.kext) in S/L/E, then only it'll work. As for wifi, trust me, just get DELL 1397 wifi card and be done with it. As for video, I strongly recommend you to update to 10.5.6 or 10.5.7 before follow the instruction that I gave earlier.

@Doomi,

Mind sharing which wifi card model are u using now? Need to get N card since G is not far enough.. :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy